Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to support our UK projects.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of a deployed supply chain project team providing all aspects of supply chain management including materials management, warehousing, expediting, procurement, subcontracts, negotiation and reporting.
Key aspects of the role include the direction and management of the supply chain activities for a specific project. The administration and supervision of assigned supply chain personnel working within the project. Clear understanding of the client’s head contract requirements including Wood responsibilities and incorporates those into appropriate project supply chain strategies, plans, procedures and terms and conditions.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Manages, directs and supports others engaged in the full range of supply chain activities, while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, and relevant reporting requirements
- Accountable for the successful set up and delivery of all project supply chain processes, procedures and activities
- Ensures all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures
- Prepare and issue the project specific procurement execution plan and/or contracting strategy, and contract schedule in line with project scope including the application and association of computerised systems e.g. Oracle, AMUSE, Materia
- Understand and manage threats to the commercial position of Wood and Client, and develop plans to mitigate commercial risks
- Establish and manage the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to the project manager
- Ensures team regularly update reports/systems with required information to allow accurate reporting and escalates any critical issues and risks to project management
- Regularly monitors and reports progress of all project procurement activities
- Establishes priorities, assigns workloads and reviews the more difficult and complex aspects of the supply chain workload
- Establish and chair regular PSR meetings with client, procurement, engineering and/or project management personnel to ensure dates for pre-order deliverables are being maintained
- Ensure that client main contract, terms and conditions, schedules, change control procedures and commercial frameworks are embedded in the supply chain activities for the project
- Ensures that all relevant stakeholders understand both Woods and the suppliers specific contractual obligations and responsibilities
- Utilisation of Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR) supplemented when required by project/client approved supplier registers for supplier evaluation, audit, and selection
- Ensure Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management ensuring corrective actions are taken where required
- Ensures that supply chain team carry out all activity in accordance with the Wood Supply Chain Code of Conduct, ensures that all statutory and legal requirements and applicable processes and procedures are complied with and all documents are filed accurately and fully auditable
- Implement robust performance management and development plans for the team, ensuring any gaps are addressed and development and succession planning is managed effectively
- Delivery against internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan