Wood is currently recruiting for a Crane Operator with experience in the offshore oil and gas industry.
The position is to work offshore Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis the normal working rotation is 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off.
Please note this position is only open to Equatorial Guinea nationals.
• Establishes and maintains a safe work environment for all activities within his or her assigned unit.
• Meets expectations of Production Supervisor in the Facility Safety Management System. This includes:
– Behavior Based Job Observation program (LPO’s), Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s), Inspections, Safety Meetings, Hazard Identifications (HIDs), Near Misses, and Incident Reporting and investigation
– Supports Emergency Response Preparedness as required
– Knows how to use the available equipment
– Participates in simulations as determined on schedule
– Fulfills assigned role on emergency response teams
• Follows all procedures, standards, and regulations required during the execution of his or her crane duties
• Detects, identifies and reacts to abnormal conditions that might develop into emergency situations
• Identifies and troubleshoots operating problems of assigned unit
• Determines the problem; develops and implements corrective action
• Initiates restorative maintenance requests for the assigned unit
• Performs minor maintenance functions on operating equipment
• Maintains housekeeping standards for the Unit
• Communicates all required information regarding Unit performance to the Production Supervisor
• Maintains Unit Log Book: Makes clear concise entries
• Advanced knowledge of Preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance procedures for offshore cranes
• Ensures that all changes to unit are logged with appropriate explanation included
• Performs HLO duties
• Mentors national trainees and deck crew
• Controls Rigging Equipment loft and controls inventory.
Industry Experience and knowledge:
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.