RHI (a part of the Wood organisation) is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor with extensive experience in the oil and gas, Construction or petrochemical industry in the Surrey Region.
Prime responsibilities and duties
· Prepare actual and/or model Bill of Quantities based upon client Engineering drawings and/or industry data (as appropriate).
· Preparation and development Preambles and Schedules of Rates, including input to Contract Payment terms and conditions, commensurate with client’s requirements.
· Support Contract Engineer with commercial Bid Evaluation and Recommendation for Award process.
· Provide Benchmarking data and Check Estimates prior to receipt of Bid Proposals.
· Prepare and update take-off of quantities from AFC/IFC drawings.
· Prepare manhour and cost analysis form tender submissions.
· Benchmarking of unit rate/manhour rates and prices with industry norms.
· Prepare re-measurement of quantities from AFC drawings and/or site implementation in accordance with the method of measurement in the contract.
· Agree re-measurement quantities with Contractor including identifying and agreeing star rates.
· Agree progress measurement with Contractor and prepare and submit interim valuations and final accounts including valuation of works completed.
· Establish validity, negotiate and agree value of Variation Requests and Claims received from Contractor.
· Liaise with Contracts Engineer, Cost Engineer and Cost Estimator to support effective project cost control and reporting.
· Prepare estimates as required including reviewing client and 3rd party estimates.
· Provide reasoned advice and forecasts on costs including conducting Contractor and Company audits.
· Prepare final account and effectively close-out contract including providing measurement data for benchmarking purposes.
· Set a personal example in relation to adherence to Business Ethics, Health and Safety requirements, Code of Business Conduct and other relevant Global Mandatory Procedures and Processes.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.