Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Bid Coordinator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. We operate a flexible hybrid working scheme and this role is open to any candidates who are within travelling distance of our offices in Aberdeen.
Responsible for coordinating high-quality responses to customer inquiries, including initial pursuits of opportunities, requests for information, solicitation of interests, pre-qualifications, and requests for proposals.
The individual in this role has responsibility and accountability for the proposal process for their assigned proposals and the quality of those proposals. Proposals will be managed and executed in compliance with mandatory procedures and standards set by the company and respective Business Unit and in line with proposal best practices.
This is not a supervisory role but will require extensive experience in proposals and have the ability to coach and mentor junior team members. Works with a degree of independence based on experience and will manage own workload.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
Success criteria includes:
- Increased win rates within the respective businesses
- Ensure the business is properly supported
- Ensure quality of proposals, presentations and other customer responses
Summary of responsibilities include:
- Works across a range of stakeholders and subject matter experts to compile and submit responses to customer requests such as proposals, request for information, expression of interest and prequalification questionnaires
- In absence of or support to Proposal Manager or Proposal Lead, maintain list of all active proposals, pre-qualifications and other customer responses with status and submission dates for assigned business
- Take end-to-end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes on all assigned written proposals, oral presentations, Best and Final Offers, Evaluation Notices, Final Proposal Revisions, etc.
- Support compliance of Strategy & Development-owned Tender Governance Policy gates during pursuit and proposal development
- Ensure incorporation of proposal best practices into all customer responses for respective business
- Support pre-proposal positioning where needed, as well as proposal development strategies and implementation. This includes development of capture plan and proposal planning document development, facilitatation of strategy sessions to develop the win strategy and theme/value proposition for proposals
- Oversee the production of assigned proposals and other customer responses (including prequalifications, expressions of interest, presentations, etc) and ensure that the proposal is compliant and delivered on time. This key role collaborates with capture management, SMEs, and proposal staff to write, edit, review, and produce winning proposals
- Ensure customer's requirements are fully met. This involves conducting searches for appropriate materials and writing and editing project summaries, resumes of project personnel, and other supporting sections of the proposal, as necessary. Leverages existing archived proposal information
- Assess the Request for Proposal and customer requirements/evaluation criteria
- Develop and implement the proposal management plan (responsibility/compliance matrix)
- Develop and implement the proposal schedules
- Schedule and attend proposal meetings with management / estimators / project teams including taking meeting notes and actions where required
- Lead proposal kick-off and review meetings
- Oversee and/or expedite the following proposal processes: information gathering and compilation, data entry, formatting, editing, reviews, reproduction and delivery
- Where appropriate, assist/expedite business development managers in the management review of contract, tax, and insurance requirements
- Expedite proposal stakeholders to obtain outstanding proposal deliverables per the proposal schedule and in order to make the proposal deadline
- Ensure consistency and branding compliance for all customer responses
- Prepare post-bid submissions, organize the response to requests for clarification
- Manage the development of customer presentations (pre-proposal or post-proposal)
- Oversee/participate in color/management team reviews
- Remain current on all solicitation modifications/Q&A and communicates them to the team; Revises schedule, outline, and proposal management plan (responsibility/compliance matrix) as necessary throughout proposal life cycle
- Assist in the orientation and training of other proposal participants, including: assistants, process and technical coordinators and business development managers (as needed if the respective business does not have assigned Proposal Manager or Proposal Lead)
- Support marketing activities (if required by the needs of the respective business)