Wood is currently recruiting for SPS Manifold Package Lead with extensive experience in major upstream oil and gas projects supporting an Integrated Project Management Partnership (iPMP) for a prestigious development in Romania and the Black Sea.
This role will be based in our Staines office initially then to other locations in the UK depending on the manufacturing site.
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
Our Clients and Projects
It’s a future for all of us. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
Our clients range from both major and independent operators of onshore oil & gas and clean energy facilities such as carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS) and windfarms, through to suppliers, fabricators and EPC contractors. We execute projects from concept through detailed design, construction and commissioning on a world-wide basis. We our proud to be working on projects that support the energy transition journey, enabling a more sustainable future for us all.
What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across the energy sector
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Global connections; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
If all of this sounds good to you, review the responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood.
Active contribution to Project Engineering & Delivery excellence through:
- Accountable for the quality of engineering activities for the Manifold Package within the Subsea Production System.
- Achieving project package delivery completion to the project specifications on schedule and within budget.
- Providing engineering and delivery expertise for the Manifold Package.
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Participate in project workshops such as HAZIDs, HAZOPS, Risk workshops, etc.
- Providing sound technical advice and solutions to diverse technical problems that may arise within the Manifold Package within the SPS and overall Offshore scope.
- Engaging with project HSSE and Quality teams
- Expediting Package TQ’s and Contractor generated MOCs in collaboration with the other Package Leads within the SPS and PURF Delivery lines.
- Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development.
- Actively management of package interfaces within in the interface management process.
- Supporting other team members with capability development roles.
The SPS Manifold Package Lead is Responsible for:
- Supporting ongoing contracting process to ensure technical alignment between the Contractor and Company for the Manifold packages
- Ensuring that all engineering deliverables associated with the Manifold Package meet the project specifications and objectives.
- Actively engaging with project engineering activities and in particular where technical challenges require resolution.
- Ensuring engineering execution of the Manifold Package including:-
- Review of all Contractor generated Package Deliverables.
- Monitor Contractor’s Engineering and Delivery progress.
- Monitor Contractors Engineering and Delivery team make-up to ensure adequacy of resourcing (quantity and competency).
- Ensuring Safety in Design is incorporated into the Contractors Engineering deliverables.
- Ensuring that Constructability/Installability is incorporated into the Contractors Engineering deliverables.
- Providing continued support during the installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning stages of the project
- Support all manufacturing and test activities at Contractors Fabrication sites as required.
- Participate in audits as required.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Demonstrable engineering expertise with Deepwater Manifolds for FEED, Detail Design, Fabrication, Testing, Installation, Commissioning, Start-up and Operations where applicable.
- Expert knowledge of applicable SPS international codes and standards OIGP & API17A to S.
- Expert knowledge of design deliverables associated with Manifold Packages.
- Active participation with and coordination of Management of Change (MOC) and Technical Query processes run by Contractors.
- Actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, initiatives and industry technology developments
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the technologies, techniques, design and installation requirements
- Contributing to project workshops