Wood is currently looking for Expression of Interest applications for Project Controls Managers. Please note this is not a live position.
Leads the cost; planning, scheduling and risk assessment support to assignments / project teams and clients, typically on projects of moderate size and complexity.
Oversees the set up and running of all required project controls systems, tools and interfaces to allow successful management and reporting of the project costs, schedule and risks on projects and specific assignments.
Responsible for managing a team of project control resources in support of project delivery excellence. The role interfaces with a number of key stakeholders across the project and wider business. Primary focal point for the Project Manager, Client or Project Team for all matters relating to project costs, schedules and risk; and resources requirements.
Develops and implements the project control execution plan for projects of moderate size and complexity.
Act as the focal point with the client as appropriate to ensure costs and progress are reported accurately, ensure alignment with the project reporting requirements, and ensure timely and accurate cost and progress reporting.
Supporting the corporate Project Controls Functional activities.
- Monitor overall project / assignment progress status, achievement and non-achievement of major milestones and analyse and forecast performance in relation to plan
- Identification, monitoring and reporting against the project critical path providing early warning to the Project Manager of any potential slippages
- Identifies and establishes the communications interfaces essential for the delivery of cost, planning, scheduling and risk deliverables and services
- Report project status and KPI to management
- Develops the project Work Breakdown Structure
- Manage the implementation of the cost and planning control structures in alignment with the project Work Breakdown Structure
- Manage and oversee the project work approval process in terms of accurate cost code allocation and initial budget set-up and approvals
- Timely control and forecasting of budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the budget and schedules if applicable
- Accountable for accuracy and timeliness of S-curves and histograms produced by team
- Accountable for delivery and ongoing maintenance of the projects fully resourced, logic linked Gantt Charts within preferred planning software to the agreed project and programme requirements
- Accountable for providing analysis of current and future resource needs for the project and programme to the Project Manager
- Manages and oversees the recovery process following identified slippages or significant float erosion
- Responsible for timely and accurate development and issuing of project change orders / variations in accordance with contract / assignment change notifications
- Promote the project change management system and facilitate assurance activities to ensure the process is adhered to
- Serve as Chair for ongoing internal team and client team Project Controls meetings (Cost, Schedule and Progress)
- Oversee the preparation of proposal schedules and CTR packs
- Lead cost and schedule risk analysis workshops / sessions both internally and with clients
- Ensure risk is managed and monitored at project level in line with local standards and processes
- Ensure Project Controls processes and procedures are accurate, that the project controls team are familiar with them and comply with their requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
- Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of all cost, planning and risk deliverables prior to issue to internal or external customer
- Responsible for ensuring all project specific control tools and systems are set up and functioning adequately
- Manage the workload, performance and development of the project controls team. Provides constructive feedback and coaching
- Responsible for ensuring project control staff are competent to carry out assigned work
- Reviews contractual obligations and ensures that cost control activities are performed in accordance with the contractual agreements and the Client’s requirements
- Ensuring that lessons learned are captured and implemented in support of continuous improvement
- Motivates project control team to meet project aims; promotes communication and teamwork within group and project