Job title: Welder
Location: Wilton, Redcar
Duration: 6 months
Wood is recruiting for a Welder for a project at a site at Redcar working with carbon and strainless steel.
If you feel that your qualifications and qualities fit the role below please apply.
Purpose / Role
· To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent plating construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures.
· To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
· To ensure all that all workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
Prime responsibilities and duties
· Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the plating/structural workscope is completed safely and to a high standard.
· Follow the schedule communicated by the supervisor.
· Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches
· Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
· Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
· 4 Year Appreticeship or Level 2 NVQ equivalent.
· City and Guilds (C&G) Steelwork / Shipbuilding Craft and / or NVQ Level 3 in related trade.
· Experience using Carbon Steel and plate/pipe
· CCNSG safety passport.
· Wood mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc.
· Abrasive Wheels.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.