Wood is currently recruiting a Mechanical Supervisor with significant Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Construction experience to join us for a refinery revamp project in Sweden. This role would suit someone that is based within a commutable distance to the site and would be for approximately 9 months.
The appointed supervisor will represent Wood to ensure the construction contractors activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and Client requirements.
The appointed will undertake safety analysis of activities in the area and implement any necessary actions, co-ordinating and managing workflow process to provide access for materials, and associated subcontractors to ensure efficient delivery of the work scope.
- Liaise with management, attend meetings, and provide timely feedback of ongoing status or completion of the task. Monitor Mechanical contractor performance against the schedule. Ensure any changes are clearly captured. Ensure al necessary manufacturer installation recommendations are followed, including preservation requirements
- Work closely with the sub-contractors to ensure the most efficient work practices can be implemented
- Be conversant with best practice workmanship and quality control principles. Be Conversant with Completions & Turnover Systems
- Ensure that all Mechanical construction contractors’ supervision and manpower are instructed in and comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and instructions and Client requirements. Ensure that Mechanical construction contractors working within the discipline adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, Specifications, ITP’s, Procedures and Site Instructions
- Review contractor daily allocation sheets detailed to the specific project requirements. Support supervisor skill assessment of workforce. Monitor and ensure compliance to HSE and quality standards in the area. Support delivery of toolbox talks on immediate safety and quality issues. Specifically having input into the contractor’s method statements and risk assessments
- In conjunction with the contractors’ supervision, planning engineers, and the Construction Engineer, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule. Inform the Mechanical Superintendent on specific areas where the programme neds to be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and material deliveries
- Responsible for monitoring the discipline and timekeeping of contractor’s staff and labour in a defined work area, identifying any disciplinary action required, and informing the relevant Discipline Superintendent
- Be the point person for the resolution of any subcontractor’s queries and blockers
- Support the Mechanical Superintendent in de-briefing sessions. Advise the Mechanical Superintendent of any workflow problems, which may affect project duration. Resolve any process/maintenance interface problems. Ensure all work is efficient delivery and submitted into the project completion system against agreed schedule dates
- Carry out construction walkdowns, and ensure the installations are completed as per specifications and that all punchlist items are cleared
- Liaise and assist with the Turnover Team and provide support to the pre-commissioning and commissioning teams