Wood is recruiting a Project Construction Lead to join our team in Brunei on the BSP Facilities Rejuvenation Project. This project aims to rejuvenate 79 offshore platforms to ensure ongoing production for the next 25 years. The project will run over a five - year period with a possible two - year extension. Wood has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
The Project construction lead will be responsible to the Construction Manager for the day to day management of onshore / offshore construction resources during the various phases of the project from design development, fabrication, materials verification, construction readiness, mobilization, and logistics to close - out. He will deliver a high standard of construction capability at project level, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times and will implement a continuous improvement philosophy across the construction function, delivering best practices at all times. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines such as, planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and BSP operations.
He will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Wood is looking at a right first - time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Conversant with the project HSSE plan and implement the HS&E procedures to ensure that all Project HSE goals are achieved and where possible exceeded
- Ensure compliance to the Construction Execution Pla
- Responsible for delivery of Turnaround milestones inline with the milestone tracker
- Responsible for manageming the expecations of the Construction Manager
- Demonstrate high profile and visible safety leadership by example and communication with both onshore and offshore construction teams
- Assess and verify that the drawings and specifications provide adequate instructions for the work and advise the Construction Manager and / or Project Manager of any deficiencies or clarifications needed
- Fully familiar with the proposed methods of construction, programming, and procedures and to resolve any apparent conflicts
- Assure Efficient Delivery of the construction process by removing complexity, maximizing wrench time while minimizing non - productive time by implementing execution efficiency methodologies
- Ensure, before any work commences, that all items of material, equipment, scaffolding etc. required are available to avoid abortive and unproductive use of labor
- Ensure, before any variation work is carried out that an authorized instruction is given by the Construction Manager and / or Project Manager
- Ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections, and certifications are strictly adhered to
- Provide technical assistance to the Construction Manager in the compilation of cost and progress reports
- Ensure that Wood construction programmes are produced and monitored in accordance with the requirements of the contract
- Review progress and monitor programmes, updating the latter when necessary in conjunction with the Construction Manager
- Ensure adequate and qualified construction engineering, supervision and skilled labor resources are employed to meet schedule requirements
- Strive to obtain maximum productivity and economical use of labor and equipment in order to keep costs within budget…open up the day
- Ensure that all Company systems of Quality Assurance are adhered to and assist the Project Quality Manager in the completion of site system test sheets and the test dossier
- Attend meetings, e.g. Kick - off, constructability, HAZID, HAZOP, CWP reviews and daily / weekly schedule as required
- Share lessons learnt and progressive learnings