Wood is recruiting an Offshore Construction Manager to join our team in Brunei on the BSP Facilities Rejuvenation Project. This project aims to rejuvenate 79 offshore platforms to ensure ongoing production for the next 25 years. Wood has many years of experience in carrying out such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
The Offshore Construction Manager will be responsible to the Construction Manager and report into the Construction Lead for the day to day management of offshore construction resources during the execute phase of the project. He will deliver a high standard construction capability at project level, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times and will implement a continuous improvement philosophy throughout the onshore preparation and offshore during execution, delivering best practices at all times. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines such as, planning, engineering, Workpacking, procurement, and BSP operations.
He will be expected to work Offshore in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Wood is looking at a right first - time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Conversant with the project HSSE plan and implement the HS&E procedures to ensure that all Project HSE goals are achieved and where possible exceeded
- Demonstrate high profile and visible safety leadership by example and communication with both onshore and offshore construction teams
- Assess and verify that the drawings and specifications provide adequate instructions for the work and advise the Construction Lead of any deficiencies or clarifications needed
- Fully familiar with the proposed methods of construction, constructability practice, programming, and procedures and to resolve any apparent conflicts
- Responsible for e efficient execution of the offshore construction process by using open up the day and removing complexity, maximizing wrench time while minimizing non - productive time by implementing execution efficiency methodologies
- Ensure, before any work commences, that all items of material, equipment, scaffolding etc. required are available to avoid abortive and unproductive use of labor
- Ensure, before any variation work is carried out offshore that an authorized instruction is available complete with authorised job cards in line with the construction execution plan
- Ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections, and certifications are strictly adhered to and as-built procedure followed
- Provide technical assistance to the Construction Manager in the compilation of cost and progress reports
- Plan stability, ensure that Wood construction programmes are produced and monitored in accordance with the requirements of the contract execution plan
- Setting up performance management and review progress and monitor programmes, updating the latter when necessary in conjunction with the Construction Lead including correct timewriting and accurate reporting of plan vs actual
- Strive to obtain maximum productivity and economical use of labor and equipment in order to keep costs within budget
- Ensure that all Company systems of Quality Assurance are adhered to and lead the offshore quality team to complete all ITR’s and MC’s as per the project schedule.
- Responsible for Managing the day offshore, set expectations on galley times, rules for breaks, meeting control, overtime strategy, establish rota and shift patterns
- Ensure permit issuing efficiency, coordinate with operations tea for permit office opening times.
- Responsible for daily progress reports, calls and 3 week / 3 month look ahead