Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Study Managerto join its Perth office in the Mining and Minerals business. Wood is leading some of the world’s most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities and continents, including the new wave of battery metal opportunities. Join our team of likeminded, agile industry peers who are highly qualified, experienced and recognised industry innovators to create new possibilities.
In this highly visible position as a leading Senior Study Manager at Wood you will:
- Manage, execute and deliver best practice systems and processes in designated studies and consulting services, in alignment with Wood’s objectives and client requirements
- Manage and direct designated study teams to ensure profitability and reimbursability
- Be the primary point of contact for all communications with clients relating to designated studies and consulting services
- Ensure engineering teams consider safety in design and actively participate in HAZOP studies and design reviews
- Manage the process of preparation of designated study documents to ensure quality and accuracy of information
- Contribute to the establishment, development and continuous improvement of systems and practices to enable studies and consulting services to be delivered more effectively and efficiently
- Proactively assist in identifying business opportunities and develop new and existing client relationships
Wood is currently recruiting a Lead Electrical Commissioning Engineer on a rotational basis in Poland.
- Identification of sub-system limits and updating of limits in line with latest revision of P&ID's / SLD's [in conjunction with completions personnel]
- Supervise and support Commissioning Technicians in the execution of their daily activities
- Verification of the completions / commissioning management database in line with applicable project procedures and latest design data.
- Completion of Commissioning Function Test Procedures and liaison with construction and completions personnel.
- Verification and acceptance of mechanical completion and commissioning handover packages in line with the agreed system handover schedule.
- Ensuring commissioning data, documentation and handover are in accordance with project procedures.
- Adherence to all applicable site/project safety procedures / active participation in all company/project safety initiatives.
- Status reporting of commissioning progress as required by the project.
- Identification & sourcing of Commissioning tools / spares / consumables
- Production of commissioning work packs in line with project procedures
- Co-ordination of equipment vendors / subcontractors during commissioning activities.
- Identification of PTW requirements and the raising of applicable permits to cover commissioning workscope
Wood is recruiting Rigger - Offshore, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Experienced in all types of Rigging and can work as an effective team member in large or small groups depending on the activity.
- Ability to work at height in an appropriate manner
- Familiar with various lifting techniques and the use of equipment such as chain hoist, shackles, slings tugger winch etc.
- Recognition and safe use of both manila and wire ropes wires and have the skill to make all required knots, bends and hitches.
- Knowledge to assemble all types of pipework, welded, screwed, or Flanged in an appropriate manner under the supervision of Leadsman or Supervisor
- Assist in hydrotesting operations
- Erection of all types of structural steel work.
- Attendance during loading and unloading of supply vessels.
- Work in hazardous areas under ‘permit to work’ regulations.
- An understanding of the statutory lifting regulations.
- Be aware of and practice fully the requirement for total safety attitude in all operations
- Be prepared to assist all other trades within his capability in the performance of operations being carried out
- Prepare site for rigging and lifting operations
- Conduct pre - use inspections and maintain equipment
- Understanding of development of basic lifting plans
- Willing to carry out additional duties like cleaning, handling of material and equipment as directed by Supervisor
Wood is currently recruiting for PMC Senior Construction Engineer - Piping for ADNOC Gas Processing - Habshan 5 project to be based onshore at site on a residential basis working 60hrs / 6 days per week with 1 day off. Successful candidate should be able to peform the below duties and responsibilities;
- Communicate and enforcethe Project safety standards, rules and regulations as captured in the PMC and EPC Contractor’s HSSE plans and procedures to PMC and EPC Contractor personnel
- Monitor and enforce the adherence to the safety standards, rules and regulations
- Maintain and enforce housekeeping and hygiene standards inside the construction areas including offices, canteens, restrooms and change rooms
- Ensure construction is executed in accordance with applicable specifications, drawings and standards with special emphasis on revision control
- Participate in regular on site EPC Contractor progress meetings, actively participate in interface coordination meetings and attend other project meetings as required
- Ensure work and quality related inspections are carried out in accordance with the PMC Quality Management System and approved Inspection and Test Plans
- Ensure the results of quality inspections and non-conformances are registered and properly documented, remedial actions are defined, effectively implemented and closed out
- Review the EPC Contractors’ progress and productivity measurement reports and advising the Construction Manager on trends or occurrences with a possible negative impact
- Ensure instructions for approved scope changes are issued, processed and efficiently implemented
- Coordinate commissioning activities with the PMC Commissioning staff and EPC Contractor, provide input into the Commissioning Program
- Give input for the monthly construction progress report and other project reporting requirements
- Review the EPC Contractor submitted look-ahead schedules and advises the Construction Manager on activities start / finish deviations from the construction planning with a possible negative impact
Wood is currently recruiting for PMC Senior Construction Engineer - Pipeline for ADNOC Gas Processing - Habshan 5 project to be based onshore at site on a residential basis working 60hrs / 6 days per week with 1 day off. Successful candidate should be able to peform the below duties and responsibilities;
- Participate in and advise on all pipeline construction activities and initiatives
- To ensure the Contractor and sub-contractors perform the work to agreed scope of work, specifications and schedules all to an acceptable standard
- Supervise the contractor and sub-contractor personnel to ensure contractor performs all work to agreed standards for safety, health and environment and to attaining high levels of HSE performance
- Ensure assigned scope of work is carried out without any significant HSE incidents
- Ensure the work is carried out in time and in accordance with scope of work, specification and quality requirement
- Promote HSE awareness and ensure that all Project HSE requirements are implemented and adhered to
- Responsible for pipeline construction activities through the contractors supervision in respect of HSE, method, working practices, quality and timely execution of the works
- Advise Project staff on best practices
- Responsible for the Project staff aspect of Risk Management to ensure all risks / opportunities are identified and appropriate controls / mitigations developed and implemented
- Ensure that construction hazards and risks are fully considered by designers and contractors and that appropriate mitigation actions are implemented and appropriate action taken
- To be fully familiar with the contractors methods of construction, schedule and procedure
- Initiate and manage the pipeline project element of the continuous improvement processes
- Monitor site activities for potential contractual / claims problems
- Maintain records of site activities and check Contractor records for accuracy
- Carry out inspection, surveillance witnessing of contractor activities, ensuring records are maintained, including as-built data
- Endorse daily progress report and time sheets
- Detailing the work progress, number of contractor personnel and equipment available on site and other related items identified in the scope of work
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Superintendent with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Ensure assigned personnel and construction contractors’ supervision and manpower are fully instructed and motivated with respect to the Wood Health, Safety, Environment, Quality and Security (HSES) policy, site security, site regulations, permit to work procedures, and Client requirements.
- Ensure contractors adhere strictly to the latest approved for construction project drawings, specifications, procedures and site instructions.
- Ensure by leadership and guidance contracted works under his/her control meets all practical and commercial requirements of productivity, quality, schedule, and contract completions.
- In conjunction with the Commissioning Manager ensure pre-commissioning requirements are undertaken in accordance with project specifications and procedures, and coordinated with ongoing construction activities.
- Support, promote, and champion the Wood core values throughout the Construction Execution phase.
- Agree, communicate and implement authority levels for both Wood and constructioncontractor personnel for all electrical and instrumentation switching and energisation Register of personnel authorisations to be maintained.
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained an available as required for cabling, lighting, earthing, cable tray and racking, trace heating,equipment installation and testing, instrument installation and testing etc., all in accordancewith contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications. Whereapplicable supervise calibration activities.
- Ensure that contractors carry out the receipt, storage, checking, test and calibration of instruments to comply with the project specifications and contract schedule.
- Ensure contractors carry out all excavations and trenching in a logical fashion, minimisingsite disruption and that they provide safety barriers, signage and trench crossings inaccordance with the Wood HSES plan.
- Ensure requirements for cable trench excavation, backfill and interfaces are correctlyunderstood by the contractors and executed efficiently in accordance with the project
- Ensure all cable laying, cable spacing, cover, radii, cable identification and protectioncomplies with the project specifications and all necessary quality control checks and recordsare carried out in accordance with the quality plan and available for inclusion in handover
- Ensure all notification, safety signs and barriers advising power on/live systems are providedby the contractors and in place. Ensure contractors carry out tool box talks on electricalsafety and permit to work requirements.
- Ensure that contractors and commissioning personnel carry out, witness and record allinstrument and electrical check requirements in accordance with the agreed commissioningschedule and all record documentation is available on a timely basis to facilitate system andequipment handovers and start up.
- Ensure efficient use of specialist vendor representatives, arranging contractor support andClient witness as required in accordance with the commissioning handover and start-up
Wood has an opportunity for a HSSE Coordinator. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, HSSE Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Reporting to the Project HSSE Manager, the main functions of the role will be to develop and monitoring company safety program and policies
- Maintain HSE Management System documentation
- Collate key Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) lagging and leading indicators
- Conduct risk analysis and HSE assessment
- Promote HSE culture in the workplace
- Monitor and ensure compliance of local statutory and legal requirements pertaining to HSE
- Maintain comprehensive records and reports of HSE management activities
- Plan and co-ordinate staff education and training on HSE
- Implement proactive measures to curb accident / incident, unsafe behaviours / conditions from recurrence through promotion, campaigns, and talks / training. Manage the site HSE records (audit, inspection, meetings, incidents, tool box talks, pre-job start talk etc.)
- Possess good judgement and ability to extract the related HSE policies and procedures required for the site construction works
- Communicate health and safety action plans, concerns and decisions to respective personnel on site, client and contractors
- Ensure construction / operational activities carry out in adherence to the project Objectives and programs. Implement worksite HSE plans in regard to HSE work practices such as HSE Instructions to Contractors, Behavioural Based HSE Process, Permit to Work, Working at Heights, Fire Safety
Massy Wood is recruiting for a Maintenance Clerk for a short term duration.
The Maintenance Clerk is responsible for performing a variety of routine and complex clerical, secretarial, administrative and analytical work at the Massy Wood Group administrative office such as, but not limited to, keeping official records, providing administrative support and assisting in the development and administration of Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
Data entry of employee timesheets (weekly) within MPower. Coding of activities to facilitate same as required.
Coordinate Training schedules and vacation leave schedules and performing trend analysis of same.
Assist with the preparation and distribution of Field execution Daily Reports.
Prepare data reports capturing performance trends (overtime, wrench time, etc.).
Understand and use the MAXIMO system as required, including but not limited to generating purchase requisitions and tracking purchase order status.
Ensure compliance of the company with all the terms and conditions defined in its contract with Methanex Trinidad Limited.
Ensure that all work performed is of the highest quality through the development of the requisite systems and audits.
Create and maintain employee files. Develop and maintain the general electronic and manual filing system for employee files, plant records and other documentation.
Manage appointments and meetings; preparation of correspondence such as memos, letters and presentations; coordinate catering arrangements when required and preparing the on-call roster.
Maintain inventory of office supplies, stationery supplies and other consumables for the maintenance department, Data Processing for procuring items/services.
Perform all other job-related functions as required.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Safety Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry to join our team in Dubai, UAE
- Providing discipline expertise to the EMIL & ROO Contracts
- Participating in project HAZOP, HAZID, SIL studies, and other safety workshops when required
- Providing sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- Preparation of Loss Prevention / Fire Protection / Fire & Gas Detection Philosophies
- Able to perform Physical Hazard Effects (PHE) modelling using PHAST (or similar) as required
- Peromance of Emergency Escape, Evacuation and Rescue Studies
- Fire Protection and Engineering Design experience including preparation of Fire Water PID's Performance of Fire Water demand calculations, Performance of Fire Water Hydraulic modelling using PIPENET or similar, Performance of Passive Fire Protection studies and drawings, Preparation of Fire and Gas Detection layouts, Safety Equipment layouts, Safety Signage
- Preparation of Tender Bid Evaluations and assessment of bids for procured fire and safety equipment Participate in vendor meetings
- Producing and reviewing specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports, and design calculations; ensuring that they conform to engineering quality, competence, and project management systems
- Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- Attend client meetings and communicate issues with lead engineer as required
- Interact with team members in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Participate in internal audits
- Actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Technical Safety engineering methodologies, software systems, and design practices as they relate to FEED, Detail Design, Construction, Commissioning, and plant Start-up
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards
- Able to interrogate and review Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA) as required
- Deputising for lead engineer where required
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of engineering delivery
Wood Downstream Business are looking for a Mechanical Estimator on a permanent basis to be based in our offices in Ellesmere Port.
- To prepare estimates in accordance with the customers specification, and data obtained from internal technical input, and external 3rd party subcontractors
- Duties will involve the preparation of tender submissions from receipt of enquiry documents through to final submission in line with Wood tendering procedures. The enquiries will mainly be for Storage Tank and Fabrication Services tankage services but will include pipework fabrication and steelwork fabrication for predominantly Oil and Gas sectors but will encompass supporting the wider estimating requirements of the Downstream business.
- The role includes interfacing and negotiating with clients through all stages of an enquiry up to contract award, the production and issue of the handover documentation to the project team and continuing support throughout the project. The position would report directly to the Estimating Manager and be supported by the Commercial Manager.
Key Aims & Responsibilities
- Production of accurate, competitive, management approved estimates in response to Client Invitation to Tender documentation
- Maintain positive communication link with internal and external clients and supply chain
- Align estimating assumptions and methods of operation and provide qualitative input to support Proposal Team
- To understand, promote and act according to Wood Vision, Values and Behaviours
- Prepare an estimate in our estimating database, adopting good estimating practices for norms.
- Carry out take-off to estimate quantities. Absolute accuracy is required
- Liaise with the technical department to discuss preliminary design and agree optimum specifications to allow the best prices to be calculated
- Liaise with the construction department to discuss preliminary construction methods and agree optimum approach to allow the best prices to be calculated
- Obtain multiple quotations from suppliers and subcontractors to allow the best prices to be calculated
- Review pre-qualification questionnaires and invitations to tender to assess suitability for our business and prepare bid/no bid information
- Prepare information for internal price-fix meetings
- Chair the price-fix meetings
- Prepare information for internal corporate approval meetings (price summary, cashflow, etc)
- Maintain the estimating database with all the latest rates information for labour, materials, etc
- Keep up to date the bid register
- Prepare post award handover documents and chair the handover meeting
- Gather feedback from planning, technical department, and construction department during project execution to assess the accuracy / suitability of the estimate.
- Continually monitor the norms from the feedback obtained
- Help create a good working atmosphere in the office, including helping to create a positive team spirit and always acting according to Wood Vision, Values and Behaviours.
Wood (trading locally as PSNK) is currently looking for a Lead Piping Engineer to join our team in Atyrau (for KZ passport holders).
Lead all conventional aspects of the functional area subject matter.
Performs work which involves conventional Brownfield and Greenfield engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
Requires extensive professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained professional. Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents.
As the lead engineer, plans, budgets, organizes, coordinates and controls the project delivery for Piping Design, Materials Engineering and Stress Engineering functions.
Coaching and developing lower level design and engineering team
Conversant with ROK, Snips, GOST-R, ANSI specifications B16.5, B31.3, API 6 A, SAP, ASME VIII and Shell MESC, checks and approves Workpacks and inputting to Job carding Liaison with client, vendors, fabricators & offshore construction team.
Oversee approval and checking of all disciplines deliverables including, Construct/Destruct/Fabrication/System Isometrics, 2D & 3D Pipe Supports, Valve datasheets, Material requisitions, wall thickness calculations, stress analysis (Ceaser II) , Piping Specifications, TQ’s, project specifications, MTO’s ,TBE’s, TQ’s, etc.
Conversant with piping 2D & 3D packages PDS/PDMS/SmartPlant
Participate in key design and safety reviews (Hazop, Hazid’s, etc.)
Wood (trading locally as PSNK) is currently looking for a Lead Process Engineer to join our team in Atyrau (for KZ passport holders).
Manage process discipline work, designated focal point for projects involving conceptual, feasibility, FEED and detailed design of the onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities.
Responsible for Process and Plant analysis, design, specification and services related to production and utility systems and all types of oil field infrastructure. Manage the process input to Basis for Design, Design Reports, Engineering and Technical Studies.
Carry out Conceptual studies / Basic design and provide technical support during detailed design phase of the projects for any project related to process plants such as oil & gas production, debottlenecking/capacity enhancement, specialty chemicals, stabilised products, pipeline, utilities, water treatment etc.
Requires the use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, principles and practices of the field and related disciplines.
Development of process simulation models for the facility to be designed / upgraded and advanced controls/process optimization – Should be familiar with simulators like HYSYS, PIPEFLOW, PIPEPHASE, PIPESIM, FLARENET, FRED
Prepare and co-ordinate Process Engineering deliverables including scope of work, data sheets, flow diagrams and technical reports.
Independently perform all conventional design work of the functional area subject matter.
Carry out various engineering activities for the above:
- Preparation of heat and material balance
- Development of process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams,
- Finalizing system design parameters / carry out necessary calculations
- Specifying equipment/systems such as heat exchangers, vessels, pumps, reactors, etc. and instruments
- Prepare Cause & Effect Diagrams, SAFE Charts, Line Lists, Tie-in Schedules
- Write Design Philosophies / Operating / Commissioning Guidelines / manuals
- Participate in safety reviews like HAZOP, SIL etc
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as resolution of conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements etc.
- Independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problem and methods.
- Undertake checking and approval activities in accordance with company procedures.
- Undertake internal QA checks on discipline activities and deliverables.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Plans, budgets and organizes Process group workload / responsibilities for the assigned project
Provides training, mentoring and technical guidance to Process Engineers working in the group.
Liaise with Clients, Contractors, and Vendors.
Wood is currently sourcing suitably qualified Electrician to join our team in Port Moresby on a rotational schedule (28 days on /28 days off) based at the LNG Plant Site.
Reporting to the Construction Foreman, the Licensed Electrician will perform electrician duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements.
- Understand & adhere to Stepback 5X5 principles in the performance of all duties
- Work to & guide through Permit Systems
- Plan all work taking into account changing conditions & to reports progress accurately
- Understand & adhere to the Hazardous Wiring Regulations
- Read & Understand detailed electrical & mechanical drawings & specifications to plan & complete task & ascertain the materials & equipment required
- Installing, testing, repairing & commissioning electrical, transmission & distribution equipment & systems
- Planning the layout if wiring systems
- Testing, locating & repairing of electrical malfunctions
- Installing cables connect switches, outlets, other electrical equipment & electronic control systems
- Safely connecting & disconnecting electrical equipment to power supplies
- Carrying out cathodic & lightning protection
- Adept at trouble shooting & repairing electrical faults in equipment.
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Execution Manager, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable / billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to establish timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, resource requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Ensures adherence to corporate policy and best practice and sets project evaluation parameters
- Negotiates changes to project scope with the customer. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule, and quality
- Pursues and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalization and technology use, work share and high value engineering centers, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Approves project procedures and project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc.
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
- Oversees proposals and call - offs (may be single projects) within delegation of authority, ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical conduct
- Monitors adherence to schedule, cost and quality and proactively intervenes to avoid slippage
- Ensures that the required project management software systems are established for the project and the supporting training is completed
- Ensure the project assurance protocol and schedule are established
- Involved in establishing terms and conditions, and wider scope and larger size of projects may require more visibility in the community as well as activity in attracting project staff
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established, and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Drives good practices, including corporate initiatives, across projects and programs
- Resolves complex issues which are escalated by project team
- Participate in assurance activities and peer reviews
- The complexity, potential impact and political sensitivity of projects / programmes of this size (particularly in an international context), frequently require the project director to be involved in closing the deal, attracting specialized staff from outside the organization, and managing relationships with local officials and community groups as well as the customer and contractors, all based on their credibility and proven track record
- Guides and directs large project team(s), which includes project managers, external specialists and involving staff from multiple offices and sites
- Is an advocate and role model for ethical behavior and compliance with applicable laws and policies
- Teaches and empowers others to make decisions within established parameters
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Pipeline Engineer to join our team in Brisbane on a 12 months contract.
- Responsible for functional engineering services across our various projects
- Responsible for pipeline design including tie-ins and crossing, right of way, development of alignment sheets and construction work packs
- GIS familiarity
- Provide technical support to designers
- Assist in discipline front end and detailed design input to engineering projects
- Assist in executing and coordinating assignments within agreed budget and schedule
- Provide technical guidance and support to the project teams and clients
- Responsible for study, design, specification and services related to the engineering discipline
Wood México, has an opportunity for a Commissioning Qualification & Validation (CQV) to work at the client facility in Estado de México, with availability to join the team as son as possible, to perform pharmaceutical validation studies for a vaccine manufacturing plant .The position is requirded for 6 months.
- Provide Commissioning, Qualification and Validation (CQV) services for pharma vaccines project.
- Generate documents such as master plans, design, installation and operational qualification protocols, equipment, facility and utility protocols, cleaning validation, sterilization validation, data reviews, SOP development and development of final reports, whilst leading others in similar activities.
- Interact with clients to identify CQV requirements and work towards solutions that meet schedule, cost, and quality expectations and requirements
Wood is looking to enhance our Technology and Products delivery team by appointing a Project Delivery Manager to be based in our Reading office.The ideal candidate will be responsible for all Fired Heater and Technology Projects executed in our UK centre and will provide operational management; accountable for delivery performance in assigned area, supporting the development of the strategy and delivering the local business plan.
- Coordinate all project activities from award through completion; responsible for leading and driving the project teams and monitoring and scheduling to achieve project financial, commercial, technical and schedule success
- From the point of customer enquiry receipt, review and understand the client requirements lead technical offer development and support Proposals Engineer in preparation of proposals
- Develop detailed understanding of scope of work; prepare, and ensure implementation of, Project Execution Plans (PEP) and all necessary project control tools
- Initiate & chair project kick-off and coordination meetings and ensure actions are driven to completion
- Attend client and supply chain kick-off and coordination meetings as Wood’s primary Representative
- Serves as consultant or project manager as appropriate
- Act as primary point of client contact for all major projects in delivery
- Manage client expectations and act a first point of contact for resolution of queries, complaints and disputes prior to any formal dispute proceedings
- Manage project risk
- Coordinate Engineering and Procurement activities to meet project demands
- Assist in contract management and contract administration that includes handling variation claims/change orders
- Participate in technical audits and peer reviews as required
- Ensure deliverables are submitted to the client for review and approval. Ensure Wood’s timely response to queries related to deliverables
- Coordinate with all project related personnel on day-to-day progress of work activities to ensure timely completion of the project
- Monitor the management of minor projects led within the Technology and Products team
- Monitor supply chain activities to ensure the schedule, cost and quality standards are met
- Ensuring planned progress and project milestones are achieved
Wood Transmission & Distribution have an urgent requirement for an experienced Site Engineer to support our UKPN OHL Projects in the South East of England.
This is a permanent site based role and living local or within the South East of England would be a distinct advantage.
The Site Engineer will establish the level and survey control for the contracts and set out detailed works as per contract drawings and design department liaison, ensuring stringent checks are made on a regular basis.
- Responsible for co-ordinating Overhead Line Operatives and Sub-contractors, with a requirement to liaise with clients and third parties
- Responsible for the Setting People to Work Process including Onboarding and Site Inductions.
- Responsible for ensuring the Technical solution is delivered on site in line with Wood Engineering department requirements and management systems
- Day to day Health and Safety matters of staff and sub-contractors working under your control on projects.
- Setting to Work Processes and Management
- Adequate reporting of Safety incidents and “near misses” both internally and externally as required by the client.
- Understanding and interpretation of Engineering process and Designs for Construction
- As part of the Setting People to Work process assist the Site Manager in the checking of staff competencies and ensuring that the correct training has been given for any tasks undertaken.
- Assist with the production of all Method Statements, Work Instructions and Risk Assessments as required by Safety
- Regulations and / or client for the part of the project for which you are responsible.
- Plan and co-ordinate required resources (plant, materials and labour) to carry out required projects.
- To determine material requirements and liaise with Procurement in a timely manner to ensure all materials are available to complete the project requirements.
Wood Transmission and Distribution (T&D) are recruiting for a Project Manager with extensive experience in DNO Overhead Lines Projects.
This is a permanent position and you will be expected to travel between the various DNO Overhead Lines Projects throughout the UK.
Purpose of the Role
- The OHL Project Manager is responsible for the management of a group of assigned OHL projects, including all aspects of development and performance management. Ensuring that the individual projects contained within their portfolios are delivered safely, to time, quality and budget.
- Responsible for ensuring high standards are applied in the management of all aspects of individual projects and their alignment with client expectations and Wood T&D business objectives.
- Ensure good channels of communication exist at all times between the associated stakeholder groups.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
Demonstrate effective individual and collective SHE leadership and promote enthusiastic SHE culture. Manage Safety through early development incorporating life cycle designs that minimise risk to personnel. Drive the “Safety by Design” philosophy through the project delivery process.
Responsible for the successful delivery of all stages of an assigned portfolio of projects to meet the key programme milestones and the client requirements.
Accountable for the approval of the scope of works, the plan and the target cost for each element of all projects assigned to their portfolio.
Accountable for team consistency in the preparation and presentation of project controls to be deployed on the project, including but not limited to; PMP, QA/QC Plan, project programme, risk & change management, EVM analysis, internal budget control and cash flow throughout. Providing reports for the Client Management Team to the required standard and deadlines.
Prioritising the assignment of project resource to individual projects, and resolving conflicting requirements at a portfolio level. Drive performance, actively seeking to improve and optimise project delivery. Ensure that performance management ethos and practice is adopted by project delivery teams.
Achieving a consistent high standard of project programming and reporting across all projects as defined by the client management team, producing a report monthly.
Ensuring the successful resolution of issues and challenges on individual projects as required. Providing guidance and leadership and when necessary acting in the role of trouble-shooter.
Ensuring that any lessons learned and innovation introduced under the “change-challenge for business excellence” banner are applied.
Enforcing standards of quality and professionalism for each stage of the project life-cycle.
Wood are currently seeking Senior Instrument Design services to facilitate work on an ongoing project. The role will be based in a client site within Teesside.
- Execute E&I design and draughting activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Prepare E&I drawings and designs to the required technical quality with minimum input from engineering personnel
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems
- Carry out work in accordance with company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with Change Control Process
- Carry out designs in line with relevant procedures, standards and regulations
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline
- Maintain good communication with the Client and visit Assets when necessary
- Maintain discipline filing system