Wood currently has a number of requirements across projects in our Reading Process Engineering Department for Principal Process Consultant with experience in Petrochemicals and Polymers. We are looking for engineers to become members of an experienced team. The successful candidates will have responsibility for resolution of process design issues and development of process deliverables.
We are seeking experienced engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements. Applicants with strong technical skills and a background in Refining, Petrochemical unit design (including C4 processing and Aromatics) and Polymer unit operations (including EO/EG, LAO, LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, or PP unit design) should apply.
We are seeking candidates with skills to:
- Be able to lead and supervise Process Engineering Teams in Studies and FEED projects
- Be willing to mentor and engage in the training and development of junior engineers in your team
- Undertake process design work of units as required, supervise and check work of assigned engineers on the project as appropriate
- Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
- Develop the basis of design as the Lead Process Engineer, undertake detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for the accuracy of these calculations
- Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with Wood procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to Hazops, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Contribute where necessary to review of supplier quotations and reviews of the project 3D CAD model
- Ensure that requirements of Licensor's Secrecy Agreements are known and complied within the work performed
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with client engineers
- Assist as required in the preparation of Operating Manuals
Wood is currently recruiting for a Engineer / Senior Engineer - Process Engineer with relevant experience in the refinery, oil & gas and petrochemical industry for performing process design activities in various phases of projects (viz., conceptual design, feasibility study, basic/FEED and detail engineering).
He / She should be able to understand the sequence of finalizing each of the process documents. He / she should have quick and fast learning attitude to grasp the latest tools and software in the process design field. He / She should be able to communicate / interact with the team effectively and give directions to the junior engineers. He / She should be able to understand the project requirements / philosophies and carryout the following process activities independently.
- Prepare / check / update design basis
- Perform / check Simulation using PRO-II or HYSYS to finalize the PFD and HMB
- Prepare / check PFD/UFD and HMB
- Perform / check process calculation for Pumps and Compressors
- Prepare / check Pump and Compressor datasheets
- Prepare / check datasheets for other equipment and packages
- Prepare / check DPTD
- Provide process inputs for preparation of MSD
- Perform / check line sizing for the pumped and non-pumped lines
- Prepare / check / update P&IDs, PSFS and C&E diagrams
- Prepare / update Control narratives and other philosophies
- Perform / check design calculations for two phase and three phase separators, KODs / Flare KODs.
- Check control valve design calculations and prepare datasheet
- Perform / check safety relief calculations as per relevant API standards
- Prepare / check process documents line list, HMS and Utility summary
- Conduct dynamic simulation study, transient study, surge study, Minimum Metal Design Temperature (MDMT) study, etc.
- Conduct depressurization studies, flare load estimation and flare system design
- Coordinate with drafting team and engineering team for process inputs and drawing preparation
- Coordinate / attend project review and 3-D model review meetings with client / vendors
- Should attend safety studies like Hazop/Hazid and SIL assessment and undertake close-out activities for open points identified in these meetings.
- Should be able to lead a section / area of the project
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.