Wood is currently recruiting for a experienced Senior HVAC Engineer with extensive experience in the design of Data Centre and Pharamceutical industry.
The Sr. HVAC Engineer will be accountable for carrying out the conceptual, basic and detailed design and specification of HVAC Systems of large Data Centre to client’s requirements. The position is responsible for ensuring that all HVAC work on the Project is successfully executed and completed to high quality.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Design work of required project buildings considering the Functional and Engineering Specifications as detailed by the client.
- Design Basis, HVAC Calculations and analysis, Design schemes including generation of all key drawings like Zone and pressure diagram, Air Flow and Instrumentation diagram, Air flow Pattern plan drawings.
- Technical expertise in relevant design software for HVAC Engineering Design.
- Participation in Reliability and Redundancy studies, incorporation in system design and interfaces requirements.
- Review, supervision of 3D Model and CAD based deliverables. Assist in internal and external model reviews.
- HVAC Material & equipment specification, Equipment Mechanical Datasheets, Equipment List and Schedules.
- Material Requisitions, Subcontract Requisitions with relevant BOQ/MTO and Technical Bid Evaluations as per relevant Technical Practices.
- Functional and Performance specification of complete system.
- Conversant with Local and International Design Codes and Standards such as Uptime Institute. ASHRAE, AHRI/ANSI/ARI, AMCA, SMACNA, NFPA, CIBSE and BS-EN Standards.
- Conversant with International Design Standards for Pharma Application such as ISO standards, ISPE, FDA etc
- Review, check and approve HVAC deliverables produced with in the HVAC project team as per Project Quality Plan, as required.
- Able to lead, motivate & guide team comprising Engineers & Designer.
- Responsibility for quality of design for HVAC deliverables to satisfy all contractual requirements.
- Providing technical solutions that meet project requirements and being able to agree these with client stakeholders.
- Demonstrable detailed design capability that translates to an integrated, sustainable, energy efficient HVAC design.
Wood has an opportunity for a Lifting Supervisor. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Construction Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Report to the Construction Manager, the main functions of the role will be to review and validate the contractor lifting procedures according to company / project specification
- Ensure all works are carried out following approved procedures
- Supervise and coordinate all activities with personnel and equipment engaged in lifting operation in close coordination with HSE / QA / QC and construction superintendent
- Inspect, report and control all aspect of any lifting operation, ensuring full compliance with design, planning and HSE standard
- Follow site safety rules, practices and assist site team in promoting safety on the site
- Attend project meetings when required
- Carry out audit on contractor lifting equipment and certification
- Ensure accurate documentation and daily reporting of all activities within company project organization
Wood Programs, Inc. (WPI) is currently seeking an Electrical & Security Systems Construction Superintendent to join our team in Redzikowo, Poland. Anticipated duration is 6 to 8 months with potential extension based on project needs.
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests; rejects and returns unacceptable materials
- Generates daily inspection report for construction activities
- Ensures compliance with the specifications, drawings and standards
- Act as the primary source of field Quality Assurance, and monitor the Contractors Quality Control processes and QC Inspection reporting and corrective actions
- Assures that the Work conforms to Contracts Documents, and initiates action to prevent, stop or correct any quality control deficiencies, defective work, or deficient QC reports
- Conducts spot surveillance of all craft disciplines to assure high quality standards of workmanship are maintained
- Interacts closely with the Contractors field personnel to resolve field issues
- Ensures the development and maintenance of the As-Built drawing records
- Generates Safe Plans of Action and Safety Observation Reports
- Provides input for contract change orders, submittal responses, and RFI responses
- Maintains a record of construction deficiencies and punch list items
- Takes photographs of major construction activities
- Review all material test results
- Verify that the contractor's record drawings are current
- Attend progress meetings as requested
- Review submittals and RFIs from suppliers for compliance with specifications and drawings
- Works with Document Management/Document Control Team to process responses to RFIs and submittals within the SharePoint environment
- Pay App Review with client and subs
Wood is currently recruiting for Power App Developers with extensive experience in any IT industry.
- Solid understanding and commercial experience of developing sophisticated Canvas applications (including offline capability)
- Proven working experience with developing model-driven applications
- Proficiency in developing sophisticated Power Automate/Logic App flows
- Solid understanding of configuring Common Data Service (CDS)/Dataverse security
- Working experience with Application Life Management (ALM) for Power Platform and Dynamics and pipeline automation experience
- Working experience of creating integrations/interfaces with external systems including custom connectors
- Solid understanding of Relational database concepts and designs
Advantageous but not mandatory
- PowerBI experience
- Experience developing custom components using PowerApps Component Framework
- Azure Functions
- UI/UX design experience
- Solution architecture experience
- User requirements gathering experience
Wood is currently recruiting for a UI / UX Developer with extensive experience in the Information & Technology industry.
- Takes ownership of the design, technologies and UI standards and maintains these, following industry best practices, documenting as necessary, and mentoring other team members on their usage
- Works closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts and SMEs to create rapid, iterative, and low-fi prototypes to turn UI design ideas into testable artefacts to collect and analyse the feedback of stakeholders in the early stages like ideation
- Gets involved in the testing and validation of UI designs, iterating and enhancing them in line with the results and feedback gathered
- Designs and develops new front-end features, utilising company best practices and architectural standards
- Ensures consistency of the user interface and corporate design signature across multiple platforms
- Be the focal point for the front-end development for others within the cross-functional agile development teams
- Demonstrate a range of UI skills, working within the constraints of established applications, supporting browser compatibility and development techniques
- Continuously look for opportunities to enhance the user experience and look and feel of the applications and ensure a consistent user experience
Wood is recruiting Welding Foreman - Offshore, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the welding work scope is completed safely and to a high standard.
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable work pack / job card instructions, associated procedures, and drawings / sketches
- Solve simple technical problems associated with his own discipline, plan and control work and materials
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi - discipline team.
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
Are you looking to take your career in water resource management to the next level? Are you passionate about applying your skills to developing sustainable solutions to water resources challenges for high profile projects both in the UK and internationally? We are seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and committed water resources modeller to manage and support a range of projects undertaken by our Water management team and lead the development of our water resources modelling team’s capability.
Wood's Water Management team, within our Environment and Consents Business Unit, work across a wide range of services bringing together a wealth of staff knowledge and experience in water resources, hydrogeology, water quality, catchment management, hydroecology, hydrology and flood risk. We make a difference to our clients, society and the planet by providing high quality technical services and advice in the UK and internationally to government departments and agencies, IFI's, the water industry, and a wide range of other industrial sectors including power, transport, nuclear, mining, commercial and oil and gas.
As a skilled water resources modeller you will play a lead role in our water resources team and will have technical, management and commercial responsibilities. You will manage and lead technical inputs to water resources projects delivered by our Water Management team and collaboratively across Wood. Key responsibilities include:
- Setting the strategy for the future development of our water resources modelling team.
- Leading water resources modelling projects that support the development of Water Resource Management Plans and Drought Plans for UK water companies.
- Development, customisation and the application of water resources system simulation models (e.g. Aquator, Pywr, MISER) for deployable output assessments, resilience assessments, water resources yield.
- The selection and application of advanced decision-making tools and risk-based planning methods from the EA guidelines and UKWIR methodologies.
- Supporting wider water resources projects such as rainfall runoff modelling and options assessments.
- Project management and acting as primary point of contact with our clients developing excellent professional relationships.
- Contributing to, and leading the preparation of winning proposals, and the development of new business influencing the future success of the wider team.
- Providing technical guidance, training and support to junior colleagues
- Playing a key role in growing Wood’s technical capability, knowledge and innovation base to develop new services for our clients.
The level of responsibility and seniority of this role will be tailored to fit the right applicant.
Wood is currently recruiting for a PAS (Process Automation Systems) Test Engineer to be based in Woking.
As part of the Tengizchevroil (TCO) FGP / WPMP Process Automation Team will be responsible for configuration testing, performing and coordinating the project Internal and Application Factory Acceptance Tests (IFAT and AFAT) and supporting Process Automation Dynamic Simulator (PA - DS) tests covering the following but not limited to.
- Review test procedures to ensure alignment with Control and Safeguarding Narratives. (C&SN), Safety requirement specifications (SRS) and Fire and Gas Specifications (F&G)
- Ensure Honeywell system setup and connected with Honeywell Virtual Engineering platform (VEP) and ready for the planned tests
- Visual inspection of equipment ready for power up
- Ensure all interfaces are ready for testing
- Ensure all test procedures are in place and being followed
- Undertake planned tests and accurately recording results and corrective actions
- Manage and interface with the client representative(s) during testing
- Provide progress reports to the project team
- Support the PAS execution and engineering teams both in the UK and India in planning and conducting configuration testing following Quality control procedures
- Perform a first level of diagnostics / fault finding and corrective actions referring to subject matter experts when needed
- If required participate in Site Acceptance tests (SATs)
- Provide site support as required working through the Technical Lead
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior HMI (Human Machine Interface) Engineer to join our busy Automation team in Woking.
The main purpose of the job is to perform acceptance testing and pre - commissioning checks on process safety (F&G, ESD & PSD) and control system related HMI displays.
- Undertake HMI display modifications and associated management of change documentation
- Actively participates in the installation / configuration / implementation of Industrial control & safety operator HMI displays to meet customer specifications and be able to independently implement (unsupervised) significant modification to these systems
- Ensure Standards are maintained and no non - Project Specific shapes etc are utilised
- Understanding / experience of L&A Graphic techniques used in the project
- Co - ordinate with other disciplines during testing ensuring HMI displays are correctly implemented in accordance with project philosophies and detailed design
- Ensure all testing, modifications are executed in accordance with agreed methodologies completing all necessary checks and paperwork
- Provides accurate progress reporting and completion status
Wood is currently recruiting for a Scaffolding Supervisor to oversee all Scaffolding Construction activities on site, ensuring scaffolding contractors’ work performance and schedule meets the requirements for scaffolding installation.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of construction supervisors and engineers within assigned areas. Provide daily supervisory surveillance checks and records, ensuring that contractors’ management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permit procedures, protective equipment, experienced / qualified supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets
- Routinely study, check, review and validate the discipline scope of work against the appropriate Contract Requisition to ensure the Contractors
- Ensure that the contractors scaffold material is of an approved type and that contractor scaffolders are experienced and qualified in its use
- Ensure that all false works are approved before they are erected
- Ensure that all scaffold structures and false work are controlled by a Scaftag type system
- Ensure that only qualified scaffold personnel modify scaffold structures, false work, and move scaffold boards
Wood has a rare opportunity for a Project Administrator / Technical Assistant to work directly with our client on secondment, within their Perth CBD office.
With a strong focus on efficiency improvement you will be responsible for delivering technical administration support to our client’s engineering team. This is an initial 12-month contract with scope for longer term career progression.
You will enjoy working at a fast pace while moving between a range of different systems and processes. Your attention to detail means you never miss a beat and your excellent communication (both written and verbal) will ensure you and the team are always on the same page as you tackle challenges together.
You will thrive in a collegiate team culture by partnering with likeminded, agile industry peers to inspire with ingenuity and create new possibilities…
Wood has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and high caliber individual to join our Regulation team, supporting the delivery of our existing portfolio of industry and waste sector projects and to support delivery of our growth plans.
The role requires an informed and practical understanding of industry and waste sectors and relevant regulatory regimes. Particular expertise is required in determining and interpreting Installation and Waste Management environmental permitting requirements for combustion, energy and waste activities. The successful candidate will deliver a range of projects including managing and authoring Permit applications, undertaking impact assessments and collaborating with our clients to comply with Permit conditions.
Our Regulation team works both individually and within multi-disciplinary teams, where we draw on Woods extensive pool of technical experts to deliver high quality and effective solutions to our clients. Such in-house expertise includes experts in planning and environmental impact assessment, air quality, water quality, waste management, carbon management, sustainability and environmental policy.
As we continue to grow our involvement in key infrastructure projects across a range of sectors, a successful candidate will be exposed to an excellent opportunity to further develop their technical specialism within an established, positive and diverse team of experts, providing the ideal next step in a career in environmental regulation and compliance.
We have opportunities available at Senior and Principal grades.
With numerous offices around the UK (including London, Scotland, Reading or Bristol, Leamington, Leeds, Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Knutsford, Birchwood and Newcastle), for the right candidate the location of this role can be flexible.
Work with colleagues and clients to deliver technical excellence, deliver success and innovative outcomes on projects of varying scales, building on existing client relationships and enhancing our service offering to prospective clients in an evolving market, responsibilities will also include:
- Leading client interactions and relationships and scoping individual commissions,
- Preparing proposals, negotiating with clients and the regulator and managing projects and subcontractors;
- Managing and authoring Environmental Permit applications, associated technical reports and supporting other regulatory submissions;
- Managing and delivering projects of varying scale and complexity;
- Building relationships with colleagues and clients, spotting new business opportunities and converting these into projects;
- Working alone and in multi-skilled technical delivery teams to deliver high standards of compliance on our projects;
- To work with others in the wider Wood team to support business development and proposal writing activity, in order to secure and deliver strategic and major infrastructure projects.
Wood is looking for a HSSEA Senior Manager to join our Capital Projects Asia Pac business. The role would report directly to Senior Vice-President, Capital Projects Asia Pacific, with a functional reporting line to Vice President HSSEA Capital Projects
The role would have responsibility for supporting the Asia Pacific Leadership Team and management in driving HSSEA culture, continuous improvement process across the business and ensuring delivery of HSSEA objectives. The role would deliver support and advice to staff on implementation and compliance with legislation, international standards and with internal procedures, and would build relationships with customers to support the safe and successful delivery of work scopes, thus enhancing Wood’s reputation. There would be active participation in business capture and tender response, promoting HSSEA performance and culture as a differentiator for the business.
A key objective is ensuring that effective HSSEA management is provided for all the offices, sites and installations in their business area by selection, coaching and control of an efficient and competent team of HSSEA specialists.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:-
- Support the Asia Pacific Leadership Team in providing strong, visible and positive HSSEA leadership and promote the adoption of HSSEA best practice and values, as well as the development and roll-out of Wood HSSEA objectives and other initiatives including Safety Shield
- Support the organisation’s aim to avoid operational losses, maximise brand protection and to assure continued process capability to Wood clients.
- Ensure HSSE legislation is complied with at all times, and report any breaches
- Ensure that all HSSEA documentation is kept up-to-date and ensure policies and practices are both applied and effective, by mans of a structured and risk-based assurance process.Promote a mature, interdependent HSSEA culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engagement with all employees in, continuous performance improvement.
- Contribute into monthly Management Team meetings, with accountability for reporting on all HSSEA statistics and performance against objectives.
- Interface with the HSSEA Leadership across the globe.
- Take an active role in HSSEA leadership of site-based activities across Asia Pacific
- Ensure that internal and external compliance certifications remain operational, and supervise the recertification process with 3rd partiesEnsure close out of assurance and / or audit findings, competent audit reports and proper and effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Lead, provide functional management to, and pro-actively support all staff to achieve project deliverables.
- Play a primary role in providing guidance, support and advice regarding HSSEA issues.
- Maintain positive relationships with Client Representatives and Project Management to ensure client and business needs are understood and achieved.
- Be aware of Client HSSEA requirements and Wood values and behaviours and actively promote adherence with industry best practice.
- Provide input and support HSSEA rigor within the supply chain, including evaluation of processes and monitoring of performance.
- Monitor current project work scopes and ensure HSSEA support is suitably resourced.
- Manage, mentor and monitor the performance and development of direct reports.
- Monitor compliance against HSSEA improvement plans.
- Lead and coordinate the accident and incident investigation process, and provide support to staff involved as required.
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Material Controller, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Ensure project materials database is kept fully updated.
- Work with Project Buyer function and suppliers to ensure safe and timely delivery.
- Work with Project Buyers to ensure that end client(s) are identified in Purchase Orders / Shipping Paperwork.
- Oversee onshore call off and allocation of materials and plant and equipment for shipment via land, air, or sea.
- Provide Forward Schedule Analysis (FSA) for Marine Supply Vessels to project team.
- Liaison with planning and construction to ensure material availability against Work Pack / Job Card.
- Co - ordination of third-party inspection requirements (e.g. rental plant and equipment).
- Co - ordinate all offshore material requests.
- Oversees all third-party Verification, inspection (as required), and receipt of all project material.
- Investigate and resolve any material short - falls.
- Allocation of bin location and storage of project materials and update of systems accordingly.
- Oversees third party sub - contractor to ensure all materials are clearly labelled with PO number, Client Ref, and quantity.
- Oversees all packing / tagging and containerization of all project materials in accordance with project schedule(s).
- Produces weekly project tonnage reports for all methods (air / road / sea freight).
- Monitor accuracy of manifests created for onward shipment(s).
- Liaison with third party sub - contractor(s) to ensure timely shipment of materials to relevant site(s).
- Oversee Control and re - distribution of back loaded materials through third party sub - contractor.
- Effective and timely reconciliation and disposal of surplus project materials.
- Monitors client overall storage footprint & promotes storage reduction initiatives (where practicable).
- Attends Marine Meetings with client’s business partners regularly.
- Attends sub - contractor KPI meeting (Monthly).
- Performs Stock checks (onshore) on a regular basis.
- Chairs a weekly Materials Meeting with key project stakeholders.
- Performs stock adjustments as required.
- Attends & participates in toolbox talks / safety moments (where applicable).
- Promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment within project team.
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Expeditor, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
The successful candidate will ensure all deliverables related to packages, equipment, materials, and documentation are met or improved upon as per project schedule. He / She will also ensure the co - ordination of deliverables from both supplier organizations and internal disciplines. Understand and can analyze and challenge manufacturing production schedules relating to packages, equipment, and material items.
- Achieve on time delivery of packages, equipment, and material items as well as project documentation, as a minimum
- Strive continually for improvement of all project deliverables
- Ensure all expediting activities fully comply with both Wood’s Code of Business Conduct and Wood’s Supply Chain Code of Business Conduct
- Manage appropriate relationships with suppliers and key stakeholders
- Achieve on time delivery of packages, equipment, and material items
- Assist with the development of expediting strategies and plans, as appropriate
- Ensure key document deliverables are submitted and approved within the required timescale
- Develop good working relationships with suppliers
- Obtain supplier reports, analyze, and challenge prior to project distribution
- Ensure all project stakeholders are aware of latest expediting information with respect to project deliverables
- Update project reporting systems and tools with latest information
- Maintain and produce project specific expediting reports
- Provide project specific information for input to Project Management Reporting
- Work closely with Quality Control and Material Controllers to ensure purchase orders are released, shipped, and receipted in a timely manner
- Promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment within the Supply Chain. Carry out Field Expediting visits, where appropriate, and attend kick - off meetings as requested
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Construction Manager for a Kuwait based project responsible for the overall management of the PMC Construction teams from Construction Managers, Construction Engineers and Construction Supervision. The primary role of the function is to ensure that all aspects of construction, completions, commissioning and the handover work scope is being effectively performed by the EPC contractors. The PMC contract is being completed in accordance with client's stipulated standards. All EPC work scopes are being performed under the control safety and quality standards, and expectations set by the client and Wood.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Promote HSE awareness and ensure that all client / Wood HSE requirements are implemented and adhered to
- Provide effective and practical construction input into study, FEED, and contract action phases of projects to ensure constructability aspects of project execution are adequately considered via the construction team
- Ensure that construction hazards and risks are fully considered by designers and contractors, and that the appropriate mitigation actions are implemented during the project execution phase
- Coordinate with all project stakeholders, especially within client, to facilitate the project execution with minimum disruption and hazards to both ongoing operations and the construction Contractor via the PMC Construction team
- Ensure that the PMC construction team maintains efficient and effective communications between the Contractor and PMC, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- Provide notification of any potential commercial risk or opportunity to the Project Manager for further action
- Develop close working relationships between all assigned construction team members and the HSEQ team to provide a consistent approach and effective resolution of issues
- Encourage the same degree of cooperation within the Contractor organization
- Develop a good team spirit within assigned PMC personnel and encourage team working with the Contractor and other client groups
- Ensure that construction team are maintaining the quality at an acceptable level, including all required records and tests; thus ensuring that pre-commissioning, commissioning and handover are achieved
Wood is sourcing for a Rotating Equipment Specialist to join our international team working on a large-scale gas platform located in the Eastern Mediterranean.
The normal rotation is 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off, although a 6 weeks on / 6 weeks off rotation is presently being operated due to the global COVID situation
We require candidates with extensive experience in the operation, maintenance and fault finding of key rotating equipment, also several years related experience working on large scale oil and gas production platforms preferably in the Gulf of Mexico.
This position reports to the Maintenance Team Foreman and will be responsible for providing technical expertise and practical hands-on support to the asset for the operation, integrity, maintenance activities and fault diagnosis on key Rotating Equipment. Responsible for ensuring that standards are maintained, whilst also optimizing maintenance and limiting downtime. Work Orders are raised to address defects and assist the asset in meeting its Operational Excellence targets.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
- Responsible for diagnosis of operational deviations.
- Responsible for ensuring Spotlight is working as per design and alert and alarm levels are set appropriately.
- Responsible for leading diagnosis and rectification of faults on rotating equipment packages.
- Responsible for delivering allocated planned and breakdown maintenance activities.
- Responsible for interfacing with contracted vendors to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Responsible for supporting and mentoring trainee system owners and trainee system experts.
- Accountable for ensuring equipment is correctly and clearly tagged.
- Responsible for ensuring the equipment and skid is kept clean any leaks or step changes in noise, temperatures, pressures, flows, or vibration levels are reported, work orders raised, and corrective actions progressed.
- #Responsible for ensuring package instrumentation is in good working order and any defects are reported, work orders raised, and corrective actions progressed.
- Responsible for ensuring that any package pipe work, small bore tubing and flexible hose defects are reported, work orders raised, and corrective actions progressed.
- Accountable for ensuring the rotating equipment and package auxiliary systems are operating within the OEM operating limits.
- Accountable for the identification and investigation of alerts generated from the package online condition and performance monitoring tool.
- Responsible for the routine collection of data and completion of CMMS scheduled maintenance activities.
- Responsible for assisting the conditioning monitoring vendor with the collection of routine vibration data.
- Responsible for the monitoring of vibration data from vibration data collectors. Training will be given on the vibration data collector unit.
- Accountable for ensuring that post maintenance commissioning activities are carried out and the equipment is handed back to operations in a satisfactory condition.
- Responsible for ensuring that routine lubrication oil top-ups are logged, and samples are collected and submitted to the appropriate onshore laboratory.
- Accountable for the management of all package special tools ensuring the equipment is certified, stock numbered and in re-usable storage/transportation boxes.
- Responsible for the management of all offshore held package spares ensuring suitable stock level are stock proposed and maintained.
- Accountable for ensuring that all package defects have clear and concise work orders raised and scheduled in accordance with their CMMS criticality.
#rz #ZR # wood18
Due to a continuing strong workload across a range of sectors throughout the UK we are looking to recruit an Assistant Consultant or Consultant to join our Historic Environment team. Subject to the preferences of a successful candidate it is likely that this role could be based in one of our offices in Reading, Bristol or London.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued success and growth of a reputable and successful team and contribute to a wide range of high-profile projects across Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solution’s business. Building on a strong academic background, you will be responsible for providing support to the Historic Environment team in terms of delivering environmental consultancy services to a full range of UK-based and International clients.
The role will include production of desk based assessments, monitoring site investigation works, preparation of specifications for archaeological fieldwork, monitoring subcontractors and supporting the delivery of Historic Environment EIA chapters.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development within Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solution’s consultancy business.
The post holder will be required to undertake site visits and walkover surveys, as well as visiting client premises and Wood’s other offices. The role will involve away working and a full driving licence will be required.
The Construction supervisor has the overall responsibility for construction activities on the platform and is supervisor for a team of tradesmen (pipefitters, structural, mechanical, welders, riggers, scaffolders, painters,). The supervisor is supported by a group of foremen, discipline tradesman, material controller, planner, completions engineer, vendor specialists and trade supervisors the work force varies dependent on the scope of work.
- The overall responsibility for the construction supervisor is to execute all activities in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with applicable safety instructions and other Company procedures taking responsibility for both own and colleagues’ safety.
- The construction supervisor is to ensure that in all matters safety and technical assessments are made, due diligence is observed, and initiative taken to secure the best results.
Key responsibilities are:
- On site supervision of construction personnel
- Ensure and encourage good teamwork in the construction group offshore
- Ensure close co - operation and coordination with the BSP Operations teams offshore
- Ensure the work is carried out in a professional manner and in compliance with applicable contracts, Company policies and relevant laws and regulations
- Estimation and planning of construction jobs
- Planning and coordination of construction manning in accordance with activity plans in close coordination with the Construction Support group onshore.
- Coordinate materials delivery with support from the Construction Coordinator onshore
- Actively monitor work progress and report back to the Construction Superintendent and planner
- Participation in preparing punch lists for construction jobs
- Finalize as - built documentation
- Support of completions QA / QC
- Support of Commissioning team
- Support of Mechanical Isolation and DFPV activities
- Undertake constructability assessments and offshore surveys before commencement of Pre - Turnaround, Turnaround and Post turnaround activities
- Work closely with the Construction Superintendent and planners to maximize productivity
Wood is recruiting for a Lead E&I Commissioning Technician
Purpose / Role
- To support safe execution of the Electrical and Instrument pre - commissioning and commissioning work scope in accordance with contract requirements, specifications, procedures, and schedule.
- To provide support to Snr Commissioning Engineer / Commissioning Engineer for related discipline activities.
- Review applicable discipline commissioning technical documentation / procedures
- Plan and prepare for execution of future work fronts
- Provide competent supervision in the commissioning / function testing of Electrical and Instrument plant, equipment, and systems
- Monitor / report progress as required
Key aims and objectives
- To play an active role in ensuring that all Project SHEQ goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- To ensure the work is carried out in accordance with project specified requirements / work packs
- To supervise Electrical and Instrument Commissioning Technicians in the function testing of project Electrical and Instrument systems, in accordance with project technical procedures and plans
- To ensure applicable SHEQ processes / practices are implemented / followed and where applicable permits in place and associated toolbox talks etc. are completed prior to commencement of work activities
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Supervise the function testing of Electrical and Instrument systems in accordance with applicable pre - commissioning, commissioning, and relevant vendor test procedures
- Supervise Electrical and Instrument commissioning team and interface with other disciplines
- Ensure "Red line" project drawings and procedures when changes have been completed during commissioning phase
- Review Construction documentation prior to commissioning activities
- Complete the project Completion System in accordance with handover documentation
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe manner using Wood procedures (Task Risk Assessment / TBT / TRIC)
- Ensure all activities are implemented in a safe manner using the PTW system
- Prepare for future work fronts including preparation of applicable documentation i.e. Work packs, PTW requests, Method Statements etc.
- Report progress via the JMS or written report as requested by line manager
Allied occasional duties
- Liaise with support vendors as required
Key internal interfaces
- Commissioning Technicians
- Discipline Commissioning Engineers
- Construction personnel
- Completions Coordinator
- HSSE and Quality Reps
Key external interfaces
- Client commissioning personnel
- Operations & Maintenance personnel
- Site vendor reps