Wood está en la búsqueda de un Ingenieros de Instrumentación y Control para trabajar en proyectos en la provincia de Buenos Aires, de acuerdo con los siguientes requisitos:
- Contribuir a la excelencia en ingeniería al proporcionar el vínculo entre la teoría del diseño de ingeniería y la aplicación práctica, traduciendo conceptos críticos de diseño en planes factibles para productos finales tangibles
- Preparar dibujos de ingeniería en su área de disciplina a partir de bocetos o de información general de ingeniería y diseño de acuerdo con los estándares y procedimientos establecidos
- Crear diseños y bosqueja planes detallados para proyectos tales como estructuras comerciales, industriales y del sector eléctrico y productos y sistemas de plantas y / o manufacturados
- Planificar y realiza tareas técnicas de gran variedad y complejidad. Capaz de manejar tareas que involucran una variedad de procedimientos y técnicas
- Realizar tareas técnicas que son una parte importante de un programa de ingeniería en curso
- Preparar dibujos, diagramas o planos y / o modelos de diversos productos o estructuras, utilizando un software de dibujo asistido por computadora (CAD) y / o un software de dibujo y diseño asistido por computadora (CAD)
Wood está en la búsqueda de un Ingeniero Electrónico/Quimico/ Instrumentación para ejercer en la provincia de Mendoza, de acuerdo con los siguientes requisitos:
- Contribuir a la excelencia en ingeniería al proporcionar el vínculo entre la teoría del diseño de ingeniería y la aplicación práctica, traduciendo conceptos críticos de diseño en el desarrollo de ingeniería conceptual, básica y de detalle
- El profesional deberá desempeñar funciones relacionadas con el desarrollo de la siguientes documentación de la especialidad
- Elaborar reportes o informes técnicos de Instrumentación y Control
- Elaborar Memorias de Cálculo
- Elaborar Criterios de Diseño
- Elaborar Especificaciones Técnicas
- Elaborar Hojas de Datos de Instrumentos, Control y Comunicaciones
- Elaborar Filosofía de Control
- Desarrollar listado de equipos, listado de señales, listado de cables y metrados
- Realizar Evaluaciones Técnicas
- Revisar Planos realizados por la disciplina
- Revisar planos de proveedores
- Participar en el desarrollo de estudios de riesgo HAZOP
- Cubicación y selección de materiales
Wood is recruiting a Senior Treasury Manager, to manage the Group’s cash and debt,effectively providing support and advice to the businesses on cash management across the globe. This role could be based anywhere in the UK and will report to the Treasury Director, with responsibility for the following:
- Overall management of the Group’s cash and debt effectively and efficiently
- Daily management of the Group’s sweeps, pools and syndicated facilities to ensure interest costs are minimised and to ensure compliance with the facilities
- Ensuring appropriate local working capital facilities are in place to achieve the optimum borrowing/cash position for the Group
- Providing advice and support to the businesses to assist in their cash management and ensure interest, foreign exchange and other treasury risks arising from cash and debt positions are minimised
- Providing support to Treasury Director to proactively consider, help implement and manage global liquidity solutions and play a key role in group wide treasury projects as required
- Ensuring the businesses understand their obligations to repatriate surplus cash, and manage a program to ensure this happens effectively and efficiently
- To consider the need for improved cashflow forecasting, and project manage the implementation of any chosen solutions
- Ensuring cash is returned to Group in line with policy to minimise the Group’s interest costs
- Facilitate accurate reporting of cash and debt in each of the businesses
- Management reporting of the net debt position including weekly and monthly treasury reporting of cash and debt
- Ensuring treasury policies, particularly those relating to cash and debt, are followed in each of the businesses and advising them on treasury procedures
- Providing support in the management of Global bank relationships with a focus on those providing liquidity solutions and cash management
- Coordinate and improve cashflow forecasting activities and ensure compliance with timetable and requirements to help improve liquidity management (may include managing implementation of new group-wide systems)
Wood requiere contratar un profesional para el cargo de Líder Control de Documentos. Entre sus principales funciones se encuentran:
- Coordinar las actividades relacionadas con el Control de Documentos de los Proyectos. En estas funciones será responsable de administrar bases de datos, llevar el control de las emisiones de planos y documentos de los proyectos, de proveedores y subcontratistas.
- Trabajar con herramientas de Control de Documentos de WOOD tales como sistema CONVERO, PROJECT WISE, SMART PLANT FOUNDATION y las que determine la compañía y/o el Cliente (SGDOC MANDATORIO, ACONEX)
- Participar en el desarrollo de las actividades de Control de Documentos en los Proyectos ejecutados por WOOD, tanto en las oficinas como en faenas en ejecución fuera de Santiago.
- Establecer relaciones internas y externas a la empresa con énfasis en aquellas que facilitan el logro de sus funciones: proveedores, clientes, y contratistas.
- Asegurarse de usar correctamente el PMP Procedimientos Corporativos de WOOD y los del Cliente)
- Mantener informado periódicamente a su Gerencia Funcional de las actividades realizadas.
Wood requiere contratar para su línea de servicio de Minería y Minerales, Lider de Aplicaciones de IT (Convero) que reportará al Director de Servicios a Proyectos. Entre sus principales funciones y responsabilidades se incluyen:
• Garantizar que las aplicaciones entregadas se ajusten a las especificaciones
• Determinar los requisitos de instalación y configurar y personalizar las aplicaciones técnicas para adaptarse al cliente y necesidades del Proyecto.
• Crear y administrar cuentas de usuario
• Garantizar la existencia de licencias para todo el software implementado, incluida la evaluación de costos y administración.
• Actuar como el primer punto de contacto y llevar a cabo el diagnóstico de problemas y la resolución de los problemas de los usuarios.
• Escalar al soporte corporativo los problemas que no se pueden resolver internamente.
• Documentar los problemas de infraestructura, envíelos a IT&S para garantizar su resolución y cierre
• Producir la documentación de aplicaciones que incluya procedimientos, flujos de procesos e instrucciones para respaldar
consultas técnicas y cambios en el flujo de trabajo
• Brindar capacitación para usuarios, soporte de escritorio y soporte para usuarios de primera línea, incluida la resolución de problemas.
• Representar a la empresa en conferencias externas y foros de usuarios y mantenerse al tanto del desarrollo con aplicaciones.
• Evaluar continuamente las oportunidades de desarrollo y mejora, incluida la integración con otras aplicaciones.
• Mantener las lecciones aprendidas e identificar mejoras en la forma en que se configura y utiliza la aplicación.
• Asegúrese de que los cambios y los desarrollos de aplicaciones se prueben por completo antes de la implementación en el entorno de producción.
• Promover el valor y uso de la aplicación dentro del área de negocio
Wood is currently seeking a full-time Senior Document Controller to work on Safaniyah and Manifa FEED Project, seconded to the client PMT team. In this role you will work as part of a team to manage documents and maintaining records in line with Client PMT project requirements and ensuring that all documentation is processed in accordance with agreed procedures
- Ensure that all technical project drawings and documentation are received, checked, accurately recorded and distributed as instructed.
- Track and expedite comment returns to the contractor
- Maintain a record of project technical documents and correspondence as required.
- Assist with the production of reports as required, and regular exception reports for Management team use
Wood está en búsqueda de un Supervisor y Coordinador Senior de Tráfico y Logística para un proyecto en ejecucción, dentro de su línea de servicio de Minería y Minerales. Entre sus principales funciones se incluyen:
- Levantamiento de información desde los Contratistas para desarrollar el "Plan Integrado de Tráfico y Logística del Proyecto DMC". .
- Monitorear las actividades de compra, tráfico y logística respecto de los equipos, bienes y materiales requeridos por el Proyecto, que serán suministrados en su totalidad por los contratistas EPC y/o EP y/o CC.
- Apoyar la gestipon de los distintos Administradores de Contrato, entregando información
relevante de progreso y cumplimiento de los planes en las siguientes materias: Adquisiciones; Activación; Inspección en fábrica; Transporte y logística; Gestión de equipos/materiales en el sitio; Compras de terreno.
- Utilizar técnicas modernas de gestión en Supply Chain, que aseguren que los presupuestos y objetivos del proyecto se cumplan o mejoren.
- Mantenerse constantemente informado sobre las condiciones actuales y futuras tendencias del mercado y la indistria y sus probables incidencias en la ejecución de las actividades monitoreadas.
- Participar en la evaluación de contratistas en función de su desempeño y capacidad.
- Utilización de todos los sistemas corporativos, de Wood y/o cliente, para el desarrollo de sus actividades.
- Velar por el fiel cumplimiento de las normas de seguridad establecidas por Compañía y el Cliente.
- Cumplimiento del Código de Conducta Comercial de la Cadena de Suministro de Wood y otros aplicables de la Compañía y el Cliente.
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Process Engineer to strengthen our team in Dubai
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
- Supervision of Graduate Engineers. Provides input to the performance management of direct reports.
- Manage and supervise direct reports.
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
- Deputising for principal as required.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Legal Counsel, specialising in M&A transactions, corporate structuring and general corporate projects: responsible for leading the delivery of precise, commercial, timely and cost effective legal counsel within the relevant area of responsibility through effective management of legal risk and cost. The role can cover a broad spectrum of law on a multi-jurisdictional basis in respect of M&A acquisition and divestment activity, joint ventures/alliances, Investment projects, treasury, IP/innovation, Technical licensing, company establishment, corporate structuring matters and general corporate matters (“Corporate transactions”). In addition, this role manages the provision of external and internal legal counsel on relevant transactions. We are able to offer flexibility with regard to location, the role would ideally be based in Aberdeen but could be based in any of our UK offices, due to our approach on hybrid/home working.
- Project Management and support for Corporate Transactions and can extend where requested to transactional support for disputes/litigated matters
- Input to and understanding of the legal function agenda, strategy, policies, processes and programs in the context of the relevant business unit/service bundle(s) to enhance business performance and results, including input to matter management systems and databases,
- Clarifying business priorities and ensuring alignment of legal services, supporting junior members of the team in the delivery of legal counsel as appropriate
- Ensure the effective, timely and cost-effective delivery of legal counsel, support, governance and compliance in the relevant geographic regions, including instruction and project management of external legal service providers, and budget management
- Develop understanding of legal risks and cost, including anticipating potential risk and developing risk mitigation strategies
- Provide oversight of functional legal risk and management, proactively identifying and effectively managing legal risk and compliance
- Successfully communicates and delivers strategic legal and compliance initiatives as and when required
- Manage current and new vendor relationships, identifying appropriate partners who can add value, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Sharing knowledge and experience with other members of the legal team to assist in overall development and progression of the team, and with other operational and functional teams as appropriate
- Participating enthusiastically in change management programmes, and being agile in terms of applying skillsets where required
- Supports the creation of a cohesive team and organisational culture based on values and excellence in delivery which fosters innovation and collaboration and continuous improvement
- Captures lessons learned and contributes to progressive learning programmes within the legal team and the relevant area of responsibility and with other operational and functional teams as appropriate
- Consistently exhibits Wood’s behaviours and leads by personal example, encouraging all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and Wood’s standards and policies
- Provides support to all Business Units or Group as required
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Instrument Engineer to join our Aberdeen based Engineering Hub to support various scopes across the full project lifecycle i.e., concept studies, FEED, detail design, EPC, and decommissioning. Projects scopes will cover all areas of C&I engineering including Functional Safety, Cybersecurity, Metering, Actuated Valves, Control System mods, Fire & Gas and package management.
With extensive experience in oil and gas industry, the ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and have demonstrable leadership qualities. They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Instrumentation & Control scopes on a project on time and within budget. This role will be based within Aberdeen office with hybrid working arrangements in place.
- Work with team to best practices
- Build strong Client relations to ensure expectations are met
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Manage Engineering Hub workload and budgets across designated work scopes to ensure targets are achieved
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Experience of Instrumentation and Control Engineering on Small / Medium / Large projects from concept to start-up
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives, and industry technology developments
- Support various project types, including studies, control upgrades, metering, machine monitoring, F&G and packages
- Proven ability for equipment specification and selection and in ensuring compliance from the suppliers, preferably within an EPC environment
- Experience in Functional Safety including, knowledge of BS EN 61508/61511, development Functional Safety Management Plan, participation in Safety Reviews, development of SRS/SIL Calculations and verification and validation activities
- Competent in the application, specification and requisitioning of DCS, PLC, and SIS systems, with experience of the system full lifecycle
- Competent in Instrumentation and Control requirements for rotating equipment
- Provide discipline input to project estimate, scope definition, project plan and execution
- Provide I&C support to design reviews, constructability reviews, HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, FSAs etc
- Take a lead in resolving technical issues across multiple disciplines, driving the technical solutions to completion
- Writing specifications and reviewing project documents prior to submission, ensuring high standard of scope definition and presentation, including checking for technical accuracy.
- Perform site visits
- Be able to present and describe engineering solutions and concept competently, to both technical and non-technical audience
- Develop or alter standard project specifications to meet project specific design criteria
- Assure the technical quality of work performed by subordinates based upon organizational standards, codes and general knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Organise, plan and coordinate own work as well as the resources assigned on a specific project
- Provide relevant response and actions for: -
- Site technical queries, discussions and optioneering
- Supplier, vendor, contractor, client, and site related discussions
- Site based activities
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Working within international and multicultural environment
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting for a Senior Automation Engineer to support our UK projects. This position can be either contract or staff.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
The Senior Engineer will support the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Provides expertise in at least one Automation Technical Area, PLC, SCADA, Cyber Security, Network Design
- Responsible for identifying / defining the Automation and Controls requirement / solutions for the client
- Implements the defined Automation and Control solutions
- Supports the Lead Engineer in accomplishing project objectives
- Applies integration concepts to a wide variety of systems and across multiple vendor platforms
- Engineers’ technical aspects of automation project design and / or implementation for assigned activities
- Implements the configuration, database and / or programming activities for assigned activities
- Prepares engineering studies and software design documentation
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting for a Office Administrator / Receptionist to work within their Autonomous Solutions business area. The Office Administrator is responsible for providing Reception, secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that the Company’s services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Greeting visitors and notifying company personnel of visitor arrival
- Handling incoming calls and operating a switchboard efficiently
- Maintains security and telecommunications system
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, and issuing visitor access passes
- Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries
- Orders and prepares food and drink for meetings as required
- Orders front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Arranges travel and accommodation
- Updates calendars and schedule meetings
- Keeps, updates and reviews training records and supports P&O with organising training
- Keeps, updates and reviews HSSES records
- Provides administration support to purchasing team as required
- Maintains stock and orders corporate clothing and other stationary
- Supports business group with any company wide announcements to be notified by reception
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Support and administration of company cars scheme
- General office housekeeping activities as required
- Any other duties, in accordance with the broad scope of this role
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal Instrument & Controls Engineer to join our team in Qatar on a long-term basis. This is a key role within the Wood Doha office delivering across study, FEED, EPC and PMC scopes of work. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man-hour, cost and the project schedule targets.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and green field opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
- Onshore Oil and Gas
- Offshore Oil and Gas
- Ensures Wood and Client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work
- Serves as the Lead Engineer and/or discipline technical authority when required on medium to large complexity projects
- When assigned as the lead, manages the I&C scope of work within the agreed budget and timeframe, ensuring that key milestones are met for the overall project delivery.
- Supervises less experienced I&C engineers and, where required, be line manager for I&C engineers within Qatar office
- Follows company standards and procedures to meet with schedule and budget as advised by the Engineering Manager
- Demonstrates appreciation of commercial and technical risks, managing these appropriately within own work and highlighting any significant issues to the Engineering Manager
- Provide C&I input to tenders and project estimates in the development of method statements, deliverable lists, manhours, CTRs and risk
- Ensures the delivery of challenging corporate, project and client targets using sound technical knowledge and decision-making skills
- Acts as Wood’s technical representative for the I&C discipline in design reviews such as HAZOP, LOPA, SIL and F&G mapping studies. In this capacity also closely coordinates with clients and third parties
- As a technical specialist demonstrates, provides and develops appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
- Proactively engages and interfaces with other disciplines / third parties to ensure delivery of work scope to meet project and client expectations
- Produces, review, and take accountability for the accuracy of detailed calculations, Instrument and Control engineering datasheets and other engineering deliverables to define the I&C and F&G engineering requirements of our projects. Such deliverables including but not limited to the following:
- The design basis, instrument schedules/index, sizing calculations and instrument datasheets (control valve, relief valves, flow / pressure / level instruments, cable, etc), Control & Shutdown System Philosophies, etc.
- Preparation and development of enquiry packages including Specifications, Datasheets, Request for Quotation and Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Provide direction and guidance to designers in the production of I&C drawings such as field instrument & LER layouts, routing & layout drawings (cable, tray, MCT, etc), wiring & termination & loop diagrams,
- Reviewing, checking and approving of the I&C deliverables to ensure accuracy and alignment with the scope of work prior to issue
- Works closely with Process Engineering for the timely completion of P&IDs and Cause & Effects to meet with project deadlines, providing input as necessary for the instrumentation and controls
- Reviews and approves material take off for the I&C discipline
- Completes technical reviews and audits within the I&C discipline for projects of varying complexity
- Completes site surveys and data gathering activities for brownfield scopes of work
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise
- Takes a proactive approach to personal & professional development
- Seek and support opportunities for department and project improvement and contribute to developing solutions
- Support recruitment, training and development of I&C personnel
Wood is currently looking for a Planner / Scheduler to work in AL Khobar, SA.
- Assist and support the development and maintenance of planning control structures in alignment with approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Assist and support the development and maintenance of baseline project plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling software
- Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle
- Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, including third parties, to maintain awareness of project activities, their status, and their impact on the project schedule and manpower requirements
- Prepare and provide copies of project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements
- Prepare and provide copies of project progress and performance status reports in accordance with project reporting requirements
- Prepare updates to project plans and schedules
- Prepare, updates to project manpower requirements
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of change notifications
- Monitor overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and analyse project performance in relation to planned performance
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man - hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests is properly assessed and included in the schedules
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required
- Participate in Project Controls Compliance and Continuous Improvement Reviews
Wood is currently recruiting for a Document Control Clerk, with experience in the oil & gas / petrochemical industry. The role is for 30 hours per week over a 4-day working week. The role is based on-site in Teesside for a major international client of Wood.
You will be part of a team responsible for managing and administering client document control systems and responding to client registry enquiries.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Support the client registry services team in delivering day to day registry activities
- Adhere to and comply with relevant Wood and Client processes and procedures in the support and execution of work activities
- Administering the client document control systems including SharePoint, Microsoft Access databases and paper-based filing systems
- Responding to client requests in a timley manner
- Carrying out audits of client systems
Wood is currently recruiting for a Technical Safety Engineer to work as part of their Production Support Team and will be supporting the Lead Technical Safety Engineer to perform assigned duties to implement DPE’s engineering projects.
The job requires the design safety expertise to carry out the HSE related activities for various oil & gas projects. HSE Engineer will be expected to assume significant technical responsibility and manage the day-to-day execution of the project activities.
- Prepare and review deliverables to meet specific project requirements including:
- Project HSE Plans
- HSE Philosophies
- Fire & Gas System Specification
- Active and Passive Fire Protection
- Fire Fighting Layouts
- Fire and Gas Detection Layouts
- Safety Key Plans
- Hazardous Area Classification Layouts
- Engineering Studies Reports (Gas Dispersion Analysis, Fire and Explosion, etc.)
- Fire Protection and Engineering Design experience including preparation of Fire Water PID's Performance of Fire Water demand calculations, Performance of Fire Water Hydraulic modelling using PIPENET or similar, Performance of Passive Fire Protection studies and drawings, Preparation of Fire and Gas Detection layouts, Safety Equipment layouts, Safety Signage
- Producing and reviewing specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports, and design calculations; ensuring that they conform to engineering quality, competence, and project management systems
- Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning and start-up
- Attend client meetings and communicate issues with lead/Senior engineer as required
- Participating in project HAZOP, HAZID, SIL studies, and other safety workshops when required
- Able to perform Physical Hazard Effects (PHE) modelling using PHAST (or similar) as required
- Performance of Emergency Escape, Evacuation and Rescue Studies
- Preparation of Tender Bid Evaluations and assessment of bids for procured fire and safety equipment, Participate in vendor meetings
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Technical Safety engineering methodologies, software systems, and design practices as they relate to FEED, Detail Design, Construction, Commissioning, and plant Start-up
- Provide assistance in Manhours estimation and scheduling for project proposals.
- Strong commitment to safety
Due to anticipated growth throughout 2022, Wood is currently inviting expressions of interest for a Lead Mechanical Engineer with experience in refining and offshore industry to be based in UAE
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) only whilst exact opportunities are being fully determined
Below are some key responsibilities and duties:
- To lead and manage the mechanical equipment engineering (such as static, rotating & package equipment) in Pre - FEED, FEED, EPC Projects
- Supervises and leads a group of engineers Provides technical direction over a group and is responsible for coaching and developing young professionals
- Maintain a high standard and quality of work with respect to engineering and design deliverables
- Review and approve all mechanical engineering deliverables in a project
- Participate and contribute to various design review sessions, HSE workshops etc.
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with client engineers
- Present issues with various audiences, including prime project stakeholders in a highly professional manner providing sound constructive advice
- Coordinate with suppliers via the procurement team and manage vendor engineering related activities
- Participate in factory acceptance testing and provide construction and commissioning support
- Provide input to the preparation of Technical Work Practices (TWP’s) and Standards
- Keep up to date with the latest technological advancements and best practices within the discipline specialization
- Engage in work share project execution with associated offices
- Responsible for the administration, overall technical directions and co - ordination of all mechanical engineering and design work carried out by the group
- Responsible for forward planning and assessment of technical and human resources to ensure that the duties of the Mechanical Group are carried out within the agreed manhour budgets, cost budgets and time schedules
- Controls the quality of work produced by his / her staff by ensuring that established review and approval procedures and implemented and conducting regular project reviews with his subordinates
- Develops, review, and approve project and proposal estimates and schedules by referencing the project scope of work and discussing the estimates and schedules within the team and those of other disciplines
Wood currently has a senior leadership opportunity for an Operations Director to be based in our office in Muscat, Oman. Reporting to the Vice President, Middle East Projects, this position will act as the General Manager of a Joint Venture between Wood and a local Omani company for all operational aspects of contracts under that JV or independently by Wood.
As the Capital Projects senior manager in Oman, this role will also include developing future Wood business in the country, accountable for the growth, development and delivery performance across Oman and supporting the development of the Oman strategy and delivering related business plans. This position currently includes responsibility as the Contract Representative on the Duqm Refinery PMC Contract
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection for contracts in Oman and administering the JV Agreement on behalf of Wood
- As General Manager, undertake the general supervision and management of the JV Company, as per the JV Agreement, to deliver performance management objectives, agreed business plans, budget and targets and report on both opportunities and risks impacting on the business. Responsible for the preparation of JV Company budgets, forecasts and end life projections as necessary for the Board of Directors to review contracts
- As Contract Representative on the Duqm PMC Contract, interfacing with client senior management and with each of the three project teams currently managing the EPC Contractors at site in Duqm, Oman
- Regularly interface with Country/Region Leadership Team, Extended Leadership Team and local teams
- Overseeing project management, commercial and financial activities in the office
- Ensures robust business continuity and disaster recovery plans are in place taking the lead role in their activation and implementation as required
- Actively managing the organisational structure, along with the professional development and performance of individuals in the functional and operations management team
- Developing and managing budgets
- Chairing internal review meetings and monthly project review meetings
- Recruiting, interviewing and selecting key staff and ensuring project staffing requirements are met
- Monitoring safety, health and environment issues and performance, implementing corrective actions where required, to ensure our people and the worksites at which they operate are safe and well managed
- Establish and implement policies, and ensure appropriate governance mechanisms for continuous monitoring of their proper implementation
- Participate in technical audits and peer reviews
- Reviewing and authorizing all proposals and contracts
- Participating in bid/no bid decisions
- Acting as Project Sponsor/ Contract Representative on key projects, responsive to customer needs whilst ensuring the Company operates with the utmost integrity, in line with Code of Conduct, Company values and all applicable laws and policies
- Managing selected studies and projects as required
- With functional managers, providing joint leadership to optimize the delivery of services to all concurrent projects
- Support resolution of any legal claims in collaboration with legal and other relevant functions
- Ensuring the use of proper use of Wood project delivery practices, processes, standards, specifications and management tools
- Is a champion and role model for ethical behaviour and compliance with applicable laws and policies
- Identify and support development of talent, effective performance and capability management of teams and direct reports, dealing with underperformance in a prompt, professional manner
Strategy & Growth and Performance Excellence
- Deliver growth in the areas of responsibility through close collaboration with Strategy and Development. Develop and own business plan, and drive sales, bid and tender activity.
- In support of continued growth, ensure that the organisation develops responsive, dependable and cost effective services, servicing target markets.
- Actively participating in business development with local clients and managing selected client relationships
- Deliver performance management objectives, agreed business plans, budget and targets and report on both plus and minus factors impacting on the business. In essence adopt a “no surprises” approach to reporting and leadership in line with Wood Performance excellence model.
- Work with VP –Middle East, to improve delivery performance and maximise delivery opportunities in Oman where required.
- Creating and managing JV and knowledge and understanding of market entry challenges
- Support or influence operational growth in the areas of responsibility, through close collaboration with S&G Group by introducing innovative ways to reduce costs of our technical delivery
- Actively identifies, pursues, and develops opportunities for innovation such as digitalisation and technology use, diversity and inclusion, workshare (Wood Solutions) and HVEC to bring value to Wood and their customers
- Foster and enhance customer relationships with open, honest, and effective communications. Work with the customer facing teams to improve scope of work / offering, understand and deliver customer required level of services
Leading People & Culture:
- Implement processes and engage with multi-disciplinary teams of people to monitor and improve quality of performance
- Create and promote an office environment that inspires people to align with Woods core values, of care, commitment, and courage by role modeling, communicating expectations, and rewarding the right behaviors
- Demonstrate and ensure integrity and a commitment to safety and ethics in all ways
- Establishes two-way communication channels to convey business strategies and plans to all employees; engages people by helping them understand the reasons behind organizational initiatives and the value of assigned responsibilities for the individual, team, and organization
Leadership of Oman Team
- Facilitate open and effective communication between all departments to optimise delivery of objectives, maximise team performance and achieve continuous performance improvement
- Generate team spirit, enthusiasm and passion and lead the drive to eradicate unproductive practices and negative mind-sets creating a vibrant culture of positive thinking and attitudes.
- Work closely with other areas of operation outwith Oman to promote and enhance collaboration.
- Development of team – identifying and supporting development of talent.
- Ensure delivery and effective performance management of teams and direct reports; with particular focus on development of our national workforce through coaching and mentoring in support of increased nationalisation and set nationalisation targets.
- Providing guidance and direction to management and support teams in day-to-day management of technical delivery, ensuring appropriate governance and controls are in place and ensuring Wood is working to the highest possible standards of technical integrity.
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Business Manager to spearhead its regional growth initiatives, focused on the deployment of Wood’s field proven solutions in Asset Performance Management and Training & System Testing Technologies in predominately energy and chemical sectors.
The ideal candidate will hold broad geographical and multi sector experience working with multiple stakeholders to achieve results. The role requires being able to rapidly engage with clients to understand their problems and, through client presentation and software demonstration, show how with our domain expertise, integration, and solutions, can solve these problems and provide value.
This candidate will be primarily responsible for P&L relating to the regional team, including project execution and resourcing, whilst playing a significant role in business acquisition together with the Business Development group.
The individual will handle communication upwards in the organization, with other key stakeholders across both Wood and its Partners, and the sales and marketing teams to share the vision and roadmap for the regional business. The role will be responsible for collecting and prioritizing business and market requirements, communicating with domain experts, technology owners / partners and with an input into the wider Intelligent Operations strategy supporting the Global Director for Asset Performance, and Training & Testing Technologies.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience with delivering solutions, preferably for multiple industries and numerous geographic regions and in the area of performance management, process simulation, production & pipeline management systems, and operator training and process optimisation. In depth knowledge of the market, simulation techniques and packages as well as optimisation techniques is desired. The ability to communicate with potential customers regarding their assets/systems and how our services/solutions, combined with partner solutions, would deliver value to them, is an essential requirement of this role.
- Driving business growth in line with targets set for Intelligent Operations and associated applications and services
- Responsible for regional P&L, resourcing, and execution of Training & Testing Technologies and Asset Performance Management projects
- Coordinating with regional execution teams on project performance and execution, including APM/T3 resources (i.e., Australia and in India)
- Ensure projects are delivered to industry leading best-in-class standards whilst delivering target margins.
- Working closely with associated managers across Intelligent Operations and Applied Intelligence
- Engaging with key stakeholders across Wood (Project, Operations and Consulting BUs) and Partners
- Lead local sales and marketing efforts, for example, client meetings, demonstrations, conferences, in conjunction with the Business Development group
- Develop regional pricing models for the software and services in conjunction with global solutions owners
- Provide leadership to proposal development by leading proposal development and costing activities
Please note applicants must be either an Australian citizen or hold Permanent Residency (PR) to be considered for this role.
Wood is recruiting a QC Senior (Offshore) to join our growing team in Brunei.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the leadership, management, supervision and guidance of the day-to-day activities for delivery of the Quality Management scope. This scope will cover deliverables, planning, option selection and economic reviews. This is an end-to-end rejuvenation scope and as such will involve interfacing with other disciplines, planning, construction, procurement, and client operations.
- Commitment to and promotion of Wood's values and ensuring the realization of
Company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Reporting to the QC Lead/Coordinator & QC Manager: the main functions of the role will be supervising all disciplines QC Inspectors and ensure that all inspection of welding, painting, electrical, instrumentation, mechanical activities are performed as per BSP specification and international standards
- Carry out audit and quality surveillance on fabrication sub - contractors and offshore installation procedures and inspection and test plans to ensure compliance
- Verify that fabrication sub - contractors and offshore installation are performing all activities in accordance with project requirements, specifications, and procedures
- Carry out inspections and surveillance activities as detailed in fabrication sub - contractors’ and offshore installation approved Inspection & Test Plans
- Witness of fabrication sub - contractors and offshore installation inspection activities and review of records as required
- Carry out continual monitoring for quality and compliance to project data sheets, standards and specifications
- Verify that all approved welding activities are performed strictly in accordance with project
- Verify that all approved inspection techniques are performed strictly in accordance with the project requirements
- Monitor fabrication sub - contractors and offshore installation as necessary, to verify project materials, welding consumables and welding quality meets the required criteria, together with workmanship meeting the requirements of the project specifications, standards and procedures
- Report / validate progress as required by project team
- Shall perform a variety of inspection functions with minimal supervision as required to verify compliance with project requirements
- Prepare daily reports on the work in progress
- Responsible for timely inspection and QC supervision during fabrication and installation, proactive in the prevention of non - compliance and problem resolution
- Report any non - complying items to the QAQC Coordinator & QAQC Manager that need to be isolated to prevent inappropriate use
- Provide weekly input to the QAQC reporting system, with regards to trends and unresolved exceptions and problems
- Provide early warning of potential quality problems and ensure non - conformances are identified, tracked and closed
- Provide expertise to site team to avoid / resolve quality problems
- Mentor team members as required and directed
- Conduct aligned duties as directed by QC Lead/Coordinator & QAQC Manager