Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Inspection Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Contribute to the generation of the project inspection strategy ensuring alignment with the project and procurement execution plans.
- Present the approved project inspection strategy to client and project teams as required.
- Understand and observe the requirements of Wood PLC Inspection procedures, work instructions and forms including associated Engineering Standards, project specific procedures and specifications.
- Review suppliers' Inspection and Test Plans in accordance with individual project requirements, as required.
- Carry out shop audits of suppliers’ works and issue the appropriate reports, when requested.
- Attend and chair Pre-Inspection Meetings.
- Liaise with client and/or external inspection authorities in all cases where inspection is to be carried out jointly.
- Carry out inspection of equipment and materials to the extent defined within purchase orders, requisitions and their referenced specifications, standards, procedures, and inspection plans and in accordance with the agreed levels in Inspection and Test Plans and Engineering Standard 98F1.
- Complete inspection reports in sufficient detail on the correct forms immediately following all visits to suppliers' works and forward to the appropriate office(s) without delay in accordance with the project document distribution matrix.
- Complete and forward to the appropriate office a signed copy of the 'Final Inspection Request' immediately on the completion of the final inspection and prior to departure from the Supplier’s works.
- Keep the Manager-Inspection & Expediting, advised of the programme for items subject to stage inspection, so that itineraries may be arranged accordingly.
- Maintain planned inspection itinerary and arrange that, as far as is practicable, contact by telephone or email is made with Home Office during working hours. Report actual inspection itinerary each week.
- Responsible for supporting the objectives of the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality Policy and Information Security Management Policy by adhering to applicable Procedures and Work Instructions while fulfilling of duties
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Engineer - Process with relevant experience in the refinery, oil and gas and petrochemical industry.
- Prepare and check PFD and HMB
- Prepare and check P&ID, UDD, MSD, PSFS and C&E diagrams
- Review and check the design for vessel, pump, line and control valve as per standards and tools
- Review and check the safety valve relief load calculation (as per API standard)
- Review and check data sheets for equipment, packages, instruments, CVs and PSVs
- Prepare design basis, philosophy and control narrative
- Conduct dynamic simulation study, transient study, surge study, Minimum Metal Design Temperature (MDMT) study, etc.
- Conduct depressurization studies, flare load estimation and flare system design
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, vendors and client
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Piping Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. There is no rotation associated with this position and as such, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To produce and verify piping engineering and design deliverables as and when required
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- To provide technical support to site as required
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Piping engineering and design
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
Wood is urgently seeking Shutdown Mechanical Fitters preferably with a background in the oil and gas (or mining) industry - to be confirmed for a 1 week Shutdown in Phosphate Hill.
Candidates must be available to depart Brisbane on Sunday 30th Oct / Monday 31st October. There will be a Training Day held on 1st November in Townsville - then the scheduled shutdown will commence at Phosphate Hill on 2nd November – 8th November.
You will be working 12hr days during shutdown, paid at a normal day rate for 7.6 hrs. Then penalties will be received after that.
Food / Accommodation and return travel from Brisbane included.
At this time we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in Brisbane on a permanent contract.Reporting to the Lead E&I Engineer, the successful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering greenfield and brownfield projects for our clients in the oil & gas, coal seam gas and utilities sectors.
- Responsible for the technical aspect of engineering related activities within a project
- Must be familiar with relevant codes, client design specifications and procedures, and have a thorough working knowledge of the latest design and analytical techniques
- Provide functional engineering input to assigned projects
- Provides technical support to designers
- Executes detailed design input to engineering projects
- Organises, executes and coordinates assignments within agreed budget and schedule
- Assist with compilation of safety critical engineering documentation to facilitate project close-out
- Regular interaction with discipline and inter-discipline team members at all levels to meet schedule
We are currently recruiting for an Instrumentation / Electrical Designer with 5+ years of Instrumentation / Electrical Design experience to join our team in Brisbane on a permanent basis.
- To deliver and check best practice Instrumentation, Control and Electrical design and documentation in alignment with the Company organisational and Client requirements
- Participate in design reviews
- Ensure that design activities are performed within allocated project budgets and time constraints to ensure tasks are delivered on time and in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of design standards and codes
- Ensure that all design deliverables have been prepared, checked and approved in accordance with the Company Quality Assurance system and drafting procedures
- Work in conjunction with other Discipline Designers, Engineers and supervisors to support engineering project delivery
- Readily takes ownership of discipline design commitments and requirements on a project
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Controls & Instrumentation Engineer with minor project management capability, on a permanent contract basis in our Brisbane CBD office.
- Project manage a suite of small capital E & I projects, with direct accountability for delivery of each project to meet the safety, quality, schedule, and cost requirements of the contract
- Work with other engineers in the capital projects team to provide detailed I&E engineering input to their projects – assist with scope & estimate, design & constructability reviews, procurement activities, Hazop & Hazids, commissioning & problem solving.
- Effectively liaise with and coordinate all project stakeholders including the Client, Authorities, work crews, design/drawing office personnel, construction/commissioning crews and subcontractors
- Prepare tenders, requisitions and technical bid evaluations for discipline material and equipment procurement.
- Ensure design packages and installations meet the Client specification, and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic standards
- Monitor installation & commissioning activities through active site surveillance, providing both technical and safety leadership in the field
- Apply competent knowledge of relevant standards, associated legislation, and industry best practice
Wood is currently recruiting for a Production Technician on a 12 month fixed term basis on CPC on a 2/3 rotation.
Wood requiere contratar para su línea de servicio de Energía Renovable y Procesos, un(a) Administrador(a) Senior de Aveva E3D. Entre sus principales funciones se incluyen:
- Creación y Administración de Bases de Datos del proyecto, Usuarios y Configuración.
- Creación de Catálogos y Especificaciones
- Configuración de extracción de Reportes y MTO.
- Configuración de Módulo Draw para la extracción de planos e Isométricos
- Integración/Extracción de Modelos de otros formatos
- Creación Modelo de Revisión en formato Navisworks
- Control de Interferencias
- Dominio de Navisworks
- Coordinación y liderazgo en reuniones de revisión de Modelo
- Soporte avanzado de usuarios diferentes disciplinas de E3D
- Creación Modelo 4D
Wood India in recruiting for Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer role with O&G experience to work from Chennai Office.
The incumbent should be conversant and / expected to deliver the following:
- Have a sound knowledge of International Codes & Standards and General C&I Engineering
- Shall have offshore brown field engineering experience and site experience
- With minimum supervision be able to carry out all aspects of General C&I Engineering to a high standard from first principles using client standards and in line with Project requirements with minimum supervision confirming to safety and quality control within the man-hour budget and the project schedule targets
- Be able to check the quality of work carried out by Engineers / designers
- Shall be capable of handling C&I activities for the mechanical packages like Compressors and packages related to offshore.
- Shall be capable of handling Control system packages independently
- Shall be capable of performing Project C&I activities taking full responsibility for Quality, budget, schedule, safety targets with Lumpsum mentality
Should have good experience in performing & checking of MTO activities from the Feed documents for contract estimation purposes
Wood Process & Energy is currently recruiting for aSenior or Principal Estimator to join our Hull office on a contract basis. The successful candidate will have strong estimating experience within an O&G project environment and will work alongside our Project and Commercial mangers to develop Total Installed Cost (TIC’s) estimates for both offshore and Onshore projects.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities:
- Keep informed of developments in design, construction and estimating techniques in the onshore and offshore industries
- Recommend to Estimating Manager, changes to the Department systems and work practices to improve the efficiency and accuracy of estimating, including areas for technical investigation
- Provide updates to the Department’s systems and databases for material estimating, in conjunction with the Estimating Manager, including labour productivity norms for installation by reference to project type, subcontractors, industry norms and actual site productivity data
- Prepare detailed multi-disciplined estimates for both onshore and offshore project scopes, undertaking the following for each assigned estimate:
- Review and agree with the project team the scope, basis and methodology of the estimate
- Liaison with the Woods Project Engineering team and Client to understand each individual estimate scopes
- Produce the estimate based on the agreed methodology and job specifications.
- Liaison with subcontracts and material suppliers to ensure clarity in bids and the most economic compliant quotations are used
- Review each estimate with the Estimating Manager and Project /commercial team to confirm the correct estimating methodology has been used and agree the quality and accuracy of the estimate and contingency level if appropriate
- Prepare required estimate notes and other supporting documentation for all discipline estimate reviews and as required by principal/lead estimators for review and submission of the estimate
- Complete statistical/historical checks utilising appropriate metrics to identify any anomalies
- Complete arithmetic check of estimate produced
Wood is currently recruiting for an National Mechanical Technician with experience in the oil and gas industry.
The position is to work onshore in Equatorial Guinea (Monday to Saturday work pattern).
Please note this position is only open to Equatorial Guinea nationals.
The Mechanic technician will be updating service and repair records, maintaining our machinery, and running diagnostic tests on machinery and equipment to ensure optimal performance.
To ensure success as a mechanical technician, they should exhibit solid knowledge of mechanical performance standards and experience in a similar field of specialization. A top-notch mechanical technician will be someone whose mechanical expertise translates into optimized machinery and equipment performance.
- Assisting the two Mechanical Technicians with mechanical work and maintenance tasks
- Diagnostic tests on mechanical systems
- Carry out the PMs of all equipments
- Troubleshooting mechanical malfunctions and breakdowns, as well as performing repairs
- Prepare the Mechanical Needs as the spare parts and tools
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies
- Optimizing mechanical efficiency by adjusting machinery and equipment settings
- Maintaining a tidy work environment and adhering to industry regulations
- Respect the client policy and PTW
- Will report to the Maintenance Supervisor
Wood is currently recruiting for a Finance Analyst to join our team in Waterfall City.
- The Finance Analyst will develop, maintain, and manage various financial models, forecasting process’, tools and reports such as cash forecasting, business forecasting, etc. to support the business and its requirements for accurate management and reporting.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Maintain various finance models and prepare monthly reports and forecasts from these models.
- Provide monthly commentary, variance analysis and recommendations.
- Work with the business to produce and submit forecast’s and budgets and coordination between various departments
Resident Site Manager - Hull (Site Based)
Wood Process & Energy is recruiting an experienced Resident Site Manager to manage, organise and administer Construction site activities in accordance with our clients requirements on a large scale EPCm project for a duration of 2 years.
Based in Saltend, Hull the appointed Site Manager will ensure that the responsibilities of Principal Contractors are fulfilled in the Home Office and at Site.
Representing Wood at our Client Construction Site you will also:
- Organise, administer and control site activities in accordance with the relevant legislation, (includes CDM Regulations, the Factories Act, Construction (Health Safety and Welfare) Regulations, Health and Safety at Work Act, or Specific Country equivalents) and Wood/Client requirements.
- Be fully familiarised with the contract requirements, Wood policies and procedures to ensure that requirements relating to the site operations are implemented on behalf of and under the direction of the Construction Director.
- Ensure that Health, Safety, Environment, Security (HSES) and our quality policy is understood and implemented by all supervised staff and construction contractors.
- Agree, establish and maintain effective communication and coordination between construction site and home office task force/departments.
- Establish the acceptance criteria and procedures governing the transfer of Care, Custody and Control for the site between Owner/Client and Operator, including acceptance of the site and it's boundaries from the Owner at the start of the works, transfer of responsibility for initial operation and acceptance on completion of the works.
- In conjunction with the Construction Director (if applicable), review and agree with the Construction Operations Manager the required site organisation and MPP by applying model organisation guidelines throughout pre-fabrication, construction, pre-commissioning, start-up and commissioning phases.
- Agree support staffing levels and additional work activities with the Project Manager to ensure suitably authorised technical personnel are available at site to meet the schedule and to support the supervision effort.
- Ensure effective communication with the Engineering centre regarding drawing requirements, engineering design, safety alerts, material requirements, material shortages/damages etc in respect of the construction site.
- Ensure detailed interfaces between engineering and procurement deliverables fit a logical sequence that suits the commissioning and start-up requirements.
- Agree and establish the site quality plan, inspection strategy and audit schedule to control record and monitor all works for conformance with project specified quality.
- In conjunction with construction management agree the contracting strategy and contract schedule, ensure the contract schedule is implemented and maintained with sufficient resource to define contract requisitions required for services and temporary works.
- Ensure effective administration of construction contractors and supplier site service representatives including offsite pre-assembly and pre-fabrication areas.
- Monitor and review materials supply status to ensure ROS dates are achieved, ensure materials are received, inspected, preserved, maintained and issued to contractors or client as per procedure.
- Arrange for the disposal of all project surpluses and scrap materials as per client and project execution directives, ensure participation of appropriate construction personnel in engineering and constructability reviews.
- Ensure construction requirements are incorporated into the network and detailed planning for construction to ensure project completion within the overall project schedule.
- The Resident Site Manager will also ensure temporary works, supporting, heavy lifts, transportation etc. are properly designed and checked by Wood authorised engineers.
- Ensure the planning of construction work is detailed enough to enable job face activities to be fully identified, resourced, monitored and executed safely.
- Ensure contractors resources, plant, tools and consumables are made available to satisfy and maintain the project schedule, ensure all temporary facilities and logistics are properly designed, implemented and maintained.
- Ensure construction quality and turnover records are compiled and collated, progressively and are retrievable for audit at any time during project execution up to the final acceptance of the plant by the Client.
Wood is currently looking for a Recruiter to join our global Projects business focused on Mining & Minerals. This opportunity is based in our Brisbane CBD office and is a permanent role.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals industry providing the resources for this revolution. Wood's Projects business is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals.
Our Resourcing team (we call it our tribe) bring Wood's people strategies to life, connecting expertise with career opportunities with right people, right place, right time - every time. We are at the front line of making Wood an awesome place to work every day. We value and welcome diversity of thought within our business and want our team to be comfortable to bring their whole self to work – if you like the sound of this, keep reading!
Reporting to the Senior Resourcing Manager and working as part of a collaborative national team, you will support the full life cycle of the recruitment process for Wood’s Projects business across the APAC East region. You will focal point candidate experience and sourcing, while partnering with stakeholders across candidate engagement, management and on-boarding.
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Wood are actively seeking pro-active, highly motivated electrical designers to join a high performing team based in East Yorkshire. You will be working on various projects, linked to optimisting our clients existing assets ans supporting their efforts to be efficient and future-ready for the energy transition.
Contributes to engineering excellence by providing the link between engineering design theory and practical application, translating critical design concepts into workable plans for tangible end-products.
Prepares engineering drawings in their discipline area from rough sketches or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
Create designs and sketch out detailed plans for projects such as commercial, industrial, and civil sector structures and plant and/or manufactured products and systems.
Plans and carries out technical assignments of substantial variety and complexity. Capable of handling assignments which involve a variety of procedures and techniques.
Undertakes technical assignments that are a significant part of an ongoing engineering program.
Prepares mechanical or digital drawings, diagrams or blueprints and/or models of various products or structures, using computer-aided drafting (CAD) and/or computer-aided drafting and design (CADD) software.
Develops working drawings, within company and industry standards and codes, from equipment specifications and detailed drawings to support completion of engineering deliverables.
Creates drawings involving plans, layouts, calculations and bills of material
Works on assignments involving a variety of design procedures and techniques
Records observations, performs calculations and prepares reports on assignments
Performs layouts, design and checking work from the basic data supplied
Designs and makes detail drawings from rough sketches involving intricate calculations and the application of fundamental engineering principles
Establishes project drafting standards and monitors their conformance
Identifies cost effective solutions to design problems
Assists in the preparation of bid evaluations
Designs and constructs models, prototypes, processes or equipment; compiles and evaluates data, makes recommendations, prepares reports
Prepares estimates of time, quantities, materials and labour required for activities related to testing, installation, manufacture, design or construction.
Generates bill of materials from finished designs
At more experienced levels, may act as coordinator on small projects, prepares specifications for complex equipment, processes, etc.
Ensures quality in design, technical accuracy in the preparation of drawings, material quantities, etc including reviewing others work at more senior levels.
Plans assigned work effectively and obtains/provides information liaising with the project team and line manager, in time to control man-hours and achieve targets
Carries out site visits / surveys and provides inputs to site visit reports.
Wood is currently looking for Mechanical Discipline Manager. This is a residential position in Dubai, with possible travel to Iraq for Business trips as and when required. Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Reports to the Engineering Manager
Manage the mechanical engineering and design team
Single-point responsibility for all mechanical engineering deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the customers policies and procedures
Ensure that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs
Provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to mechanical engineering
Participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary
Ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
Liaise with the customers Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
Promote safe behaviour at all times
Wood is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join our Commercial team based in Madrid, with experience in refining / petrochemicals, gas processing including LNG engineering industry. This role will co - ordinate with other regional BD roles and execution centres across Wood to fully exploit opportunities for the company execution and foster a collaborative environment, identifying the complementary skillsets, competence, relationships, and cost bases which may be combined to best position Wood to win and deliver work.
Responsibilities are to ensure Wood is best positioned to nurture new / existing client relationships include:
- Provide input to and deliver effective strategies to gain new business
- Identification, validation and management of key prospects and opportunities in domestic and international markets including Latin America for:
- Onshore refining and petrochemical
- New energy
- Conventional energy prospects in upstream and mid - stream including LNG Regas, GTL, Gas processing
- Decarbonisation and sustainability
- Give support to Commercial Director providing information and knowledge into market conditions, competitors, relationship status and collaboration opportunities
- Identify new leads early and present to the business
- Collaborate with Commercial team on the definition of new market entry requirements and win propositions, developing a clear route map to successful pre - qualification and bid submissions and communicate clearly to pursuit and proposal teams
- Develop clear and concise Win Plans, identifying win themes, differentiators, commercial intel, and messaging to transfer into proposals
- Provide input to execution plans, including information and intelligence on customer needs, providing insight into the competitor landscape in order to develop compelling propositions to enhance the success of business winning
- Facilitate client meetings with appropriate Wood personnel to achieve business objectives and meet client needs
- Use commercial and contractual acumen to identify barriers to success and enable early assessment of the likely competitiveness of a Wood offering
- Create, review, manage and maintain integrity of all opportunity records in the CRM system to ensure accuracy, governance, and compliance
- Ensure independent customer feedback is obtained by carrying out regular client visits
- Identify potential partners
- Be familiar with various Government / State apparatus as it applies to contract approvals and awards as appropriate
Wood is currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join our team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, this position will ensure all accounting activities within the individual’s area of control are completed in an accurate and timely manner, providing quality support to leverage the business to maximise their partnering activities.
- Provision of timely reporting of financial data internally to business stakeholders and within wider region finance team. Financial reporting will extend to forecasts, budgets, and reporting to local functions, together with approval of certain balance sheet reconciliations each month
- Involved in co-ordination and posting of regional allocations including but not limited to IT, Insurance, RES, and Management and License Fees and including other compliance matters
- Overhead reporting during month-end close in Oracle, ensuring overheads are reported correctly in Hyperion, and delivering monthly overhead reporting complete with commentary to the Business and local functions
- Assisting with internal and external audits, working in conjunction with the Business, to ensure ongoing queries and information requests are completed in a timely and proper manner
- Balance sheet reconciliation onshore approval for non-judgemental reconciliations, ensuring sign-off of the completeness and accuracy of reconciliation is completed. This includes working directly with the shared services team on behalf of the business to resolve reconciliation queries
- Preparation of the entity’s tax compliance including BAS, Payroll Tax, Workcover obligation for review
- Assist in tax compliance with Income Tax Return preparation and Transfer Pricing documentation
- Execution of various ad hoc financial analysis and tasks as and when required
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Proposals Manager to join our Commercial team based in Madrid, with wide experience in the refining and petrochemical industry sector. The individual in this role has overall responsibility and accountability for the proposal process and quality of the assigned proposals by the Commercial Management.
Summary of responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the Proposals assigned by the Commercial Management according to several criteria’s: scope (from feasibility studies to construction supervision and commissioning / start - up), complexity (types of units, technologies), type of contract (RR, LSS, LSEM, LSTK), volume of hours (> / < 50.000 hours), previous experience and client's requirements
- Responsible for coordination with other Wood offices in case of joint execution of tenders
- ITB analysis, fulfilling bid approval request formats. Also assisting the Manager of Proposals and the Director of Commercial Operations in defining the proposal execution budget
- Collaborating with Commercial Management in establishing guidelines of the Proposal preparation, as well as to strategies to follow for a must win proposal
- Preparation of a Proposal plan defining all details required in the proposal, including needs of technical staff
- Lead and manage proposal development according to company procedures plus Client requirements stated in the ITB
- Supervise proposal preparation both technically and commercially, providing relevant information to other departments to allow the performance of their own work (Estimating, Planning, etc.)
- Assure progress and proposal execution within budget and schedule program.
- Coordinate activities of staff assigned to the proposal team
- Ensure that Client and licensors confidentiality requirements are strictly followed by the staff involved in the proposal
- Support and contribute to the continual improvement of proposal procedures and processes
- Take end - to - end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes and procedures, including written proposals, oral presentations, Best and Final Offers, Evaluation Notices, Final Proposal Revisions, etc
- Support compliance of Strategy & Development - owned Tender Governance Policy gates during pursuit and proposal development
- Lead the proposal team for the respective business including the coordination of workload (allocation of assignments) as needed, quality of output for assigned team, ensure expectations and goals are clear and business is supported
- Ensure incorporation of proposal best practices into all customer responses for respective business
- During the execution phase, provide assistance to the Project Manager for those issues related to the Proposal phase and commercial issues
- Ensure an organizing general proposal files, resources, and boilerplate for quick, efficient and accurate retrieval of information for proposal purposes
- Comply with Wood Code of Business Conduct, Anti Bribery and Corruption undertakings and the Wood mandatory and fundamental procedures