Wood is looking for an E&I Work Preparator with experience in the oil & gas industry.
Purpose of Role
This position is based onshore and reports to the Maintenance & Integrity Lead.
Responsible for quality work preparation of Electrical & Instrumentation PM & CM orders in CMMS system. The Work Preparator has specific responsibility for those corrective WOs that have a priority of P3-P8 (Emergency and Urgent work will be prepared offshore).
- Ensure all Maintenance activities are prepared to allow a safe and environmentally responsible operation.
- Comply with all Shell and Wood HSE principles, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for the daily selection of both PM & Breakdown work orders for preparation following prioritisation guidelines.
- Apply technical knowledge to determine equipment problems, failure modes and identify appropriate solutions in order to develop work packs.
- Ensure work order look a heads are performed and future work reflected in schedules / Maintenance plans.
- Work closely with offshore supervision to optimise vendor / specialist activities ensuring no mobilisations takes place where comprehensive work preparation is not complete and executable.
- When required, attend Short and Long term IAP meetings.
- Responsible for running daily ready for execution checks & setting relevant work orders for scheduling.
- Responsible for ensuring all Repair Order constraints are managed, prioritised, scheduled and delivered as per target dates.
- Responsible for ensuring all constraints (incl materials) are managed in relation to rough scheduled dates and target finish dates.
- Evaluate Work Pack feedback to improve future work preparation utilising the Z6 process.
- Responsible for determining planned man hours & updating estimate man hours fields.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of work preparation to allow the accurate measurement of workload status.
- Perform quality checks on Breakdown, Repair & Folllow-On Work Orders to ensure the scope has been fully completed and the work order history is correctly closed out.
- Support the Electrical & Instrumentation Technical Authority and Discipline Engineers to define and prepare packaged equipment repairs.
- Interface with TAR co-ordinators with regard to identifying pre/post-TAR activities and also TAR specific critical activities.
- Attends daily Work Order review and prioritisation meetings.
- Act as stand in for Scheduler where required.
- Responsible for incrementally improving the platform maintenance & operations technician competence in work order preparation.
- Where required will comply with Management of Change Process (e-MOC) and liaise with Technical Authorities (TA2).
- Monitor and track KPIs that drive achievement in work preparation in terms of cost, efficiency and integrity.
- Responsible for the generation of weekly/monthly reports (KPI info \ efficiency data.
- Actively support the asset in achieving and sustaining Global ME calculative status.
- Maintain clear overview of the overall volume of prepared work and manage Electrical & Instrumentation Work Order backlog.
Resident Site Manager - Hull (Site Based)
Wood Process & Energy require an experienced Resident Site Manager to manage, organise and administer Construction site activities in accordance with our clients requirements on a large scale EPCm project for a duration of 2 years.
Based in Saltend, Hull the appointed Site Manager will ensure that the responsibilities of Principal Contractors are fulfilled in the Home Office and at Site.
Representing Wood at our Client Construction Site you will also:
- Organise, administer and control site activities in accordance with the relevant legislation, (includes CDM Regulations, the Factories Act, Construction (Health Safety and Welfare) Regulations, Health and Safety at Work Act, or Specific Country equivalents) and Wood/Client requirements.
- Be fully familiarised with the contract requirements, Wood policies and procedures to ensure that requirements relating to the site operations are implemented on behalf of and under the direction of the Construction Director.
- Ensure that Health, Safety, Environment, Security (HSES) and our quality policy is understood and implemented by all supervised staff and construction contractors.
- Agree, establish and maintain effective communication and coordination between construction site and home office task force/departments.
- Establish the acceptance criteria and procedures governing the transfer of Care, Custody and Control for the site between Owner/Client and Operator, including acceptance of the site and it's boundaries from the Owner at the start of the works, transfer of responsibility for initial operation and acceptance on completion of the works.
- In conjunction with the Construction Director (if applicable), review and agree with the Construction Operations Manager the required site organisation and MPP by applying model organisation guidelines throughout pre-fabrication, construction, pre-commissioning, start-up and commissioning phases.
- Agree support staffing levels and additional work activities with the Project Manager to ensure suitably authorised technical personnel are available at site to meet the schedule and to support the supervision effort.
- Ensure effective communication with the Engineering centre regarding drawing requirements, engineering design, safety alerts, material requirements, material shortages/damages etc in respect of the construction site.
- Ensure detailed interfaces between engineering and procurement deliverables fit a logical sequence that suits the commissioning and start-up requirements.
- Agree and establish the site quality plan, inspection strategy and audit schedule to control record and monitor all works for conformance with project specified quality.
- In conjunction with construction management agree the contracting strategy and contract schedule, ensure the contract schedule is implemented and maintained with sufficient resource to define contract requisitions required for services and temporary works.
- Ensure effective administration of construction contractors and supplier site service representatives including offsite pre-assembly and pre-fabrication areas.
- Monitor and review materials supply status to ensure ROS dates are achieved, ensure materials are received, inspected, preserved, maintained and issued to contractors or client as per procedure.
- Arrange for the disposal of all project surpluses and scrap materials as per client and project execution directives, ensure participation of appropriate construction personnel in engineering and constructability reviews.
- Ensure construction requirements are incorporated into the network and detailed planning for construction to ensure project completion within the overall project schedule.
- The Resident Site Manager will also ensure temporary works, supporting, heavy lifts, transportation etc. are properly designed and checked by Wood authorised engineers.
- Ensure the planning of construction work is detailed enough to enable job face activities to be fully identified, resourced, monitored and executed safely.
- Ensure contractors resources, plant, tools and consumables are made available to satisfy and maintain the project schedule, ensure all temporary facilities and logistics are properly designed, implemented and maintained.
- Ensure construction quality and turnover records are compiled and collated, progressively and are retrievable for audit at any time during project execution up to the final acceptance of the plant by the Client.
Wood is recruiting an Advance Scaffolder - Offshore, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the scaffolding work scope is completed safely and to a high standard
- Reports directly to Services Supervisor, but will normally work under the direction of the scaffolding foremen
- Control and direct a team of scaffolders working independently on a platform or at a remote location
- Ensure approved procedures are adopted for the erection, modification and dismantling of all types of scaffolding
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable workpack / job card instructions, associated procedures, and drawings / sketches
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi - discipline team
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Construction & Shutdown Planner, to be based in Lysekil Sweden.
The requirement is for a Senior Construction & Shutdown Planning Engineer to work as Part of the Wood Project team on site, to plan and coordinate the Construction and Shutdown phases of the project.
The project is for modifications to existing units: Synsat High Pressure Unit, Synsat Dewaxing Unit, ICR (Iso Cracker) to enable existing facilities to function at a high level of operability and reliability.
- To be responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of schedules and associated documents.
- Implement the planning systems as defined within the departmental and project procedures.
- Assist, where necessary, with the development of subcontractor schedules where a weakness has been identified.
- Analyse and review Contractor Level III schedules and contractor level III resource loading (quantity, equipment, manpower)
- Review and approve Sub Contractors Level IV Progress (quantity installation schedule, equipment schedule and manpower mob plan)
- Review and incorporate subcontractor schedules into project master schedule.
- Development and maintenance of schedule forecast.
- Identify and analyze potential project problems and recommends corrective action and follow up on recommendations.
- Represents the organization in planning and scheduling meetings/presentations.
- Organize management schedule review
- Review and discuss the schedule analysis with Project Managers and Project Controls Lead
- Review and analyse look-ahead schedule and variance reports
- Review and endorse schedule impact related to change orders
- Assists in the preparation of the weekly progress reporting.
- Assists in the preparation of the Job End Report as it relates to project control.
Wood is currently seeking a Lead Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer in order to grow its Perth Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
We can offer you a career in the ever-expanding battery and magnet metals industry driving the decarbonisation of the globe. Working in our newly fitted offices in the Perth CBD, we have an onsite gym with five-star end of trip facilities.
As part of this highly visible role, you will be in an influential position and undertake the following duties:
- Accountable for the quality of deliverables of the discipline design section in line with the needs of the customer and regulatory authorities
- Responsible for production and/or review of engineering deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations etc
- Input to capital estimates including quantity calculations
- Set man-hour budgets for engineering and drafting and recommend engagement of additional manning as required
- Allocate tasks and assist other engineers to balance demands of time and budget
- Ensure that information flow to drafting and other disciplines serves to maximize output (clear, concise, correct and practical)
- Provide solutions to engineering problems
- Provide technical and commercial direction to engineers in relation to design quality, design schedules and design budgets
- Act as the key link between the project team and the engineering discipline group
- Timely input into the deliverables and task progress monitoring system. i.e. Convero
- Monitor the progress and performance of project discipline teams. Give input and provide feedback and support where necessary
- Review feasibility studies documentation and estimates
- Provide feedback to the Project Engineering Manager on design progress budget and schedule
- Provide technical support to the onsite construction teams, projects department and estimating department
- Reviewing and approving vendor data
- Oversee design scope changes
- Perform site inspections, functionality testing and commissioning documentation
- Analyse feedback from fabricators and construction personnel to improve performance
- Drive professional development of direct reports and other less experienced staff members
- Provision of mentoring role to graduate engineers or discipline engineers where applicable
Wood's professionals offer a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government, industrial & commercial, water, transportation, minerals & metals, oil & gas and clean energy.
We are currently seeking a Junior to Intermediate CivilMaterials Technician to join our team in Surrey, BC.
This position will support the Certified Civil Engineering Laboratory (concrete, aggregate, soil, asphalt) by conducting field and laboratory testing services within the lower mainland and throughout BC.
- Provide quality control and quality assurance inspection and testing on a variety of laboratory and field projects including but not limited to aggregate production, earthworks, concrete, asphalt and field density programs
- Provide a high level of client service
- Ensure clear communication to client representatives and the Wood team
- Based on experience and ability, help train and mentor new/junior staff
- Help prepare field and lab reports
- Sample collection, site monitoring, and data entry
- Other responsibilities may include assisting geotechnical and environmental staff with field investigations, geotechnical instrumentation, and sampling
Given the nature of our work, out of town work should be anticipated, from time to time.
Wood requiere contratar un Líder de Medio Ambiente para el área de Medio Ambiente y Permisos. El cargo en una primera fase de desarrollo de ingeniería se estima en 5 a 6 meses es en la ciudad de Santiago. Posteriormente, en la fase de construcción del proyecto, puede implicar trabajar en sistema de turnos en la segunda región o con viajes frecuentes a terreno. Se requiere de un profesional que haya desempeñado funciones vinculadas con la minería y tenga experiencia en el Sistema de Evaluación de Impacto Ambiental. Entre sus principales funciones y responsabilidades se incluyen:
- En la fase inicial, dirigir y participar en identificación, sistematización y verificación de cumplimiento de compromisos ambientales de Proyecto Minero en etapas de Ingeniería y Construcción, y en Planes de Gestión Ambiental de Construcción de Proyecto.
- En la fase de construcción del proyecto, liderar equipo de supervisión de cumplimiento de compromisos ambientales en terreno.
- Realizar auditorías ambientales, reportes internos y a la autoridad de cumplimiento de compromisos.
- Identificar desviaciones al cumplimiento ambiental por parte de los distintos contratistas de la fase de construcción, detección y reporte de incidentes ambientales.
- Generar reportes del performance ambiental del proyecto.
- Participar de la planificación de las distintas tareas del área, tanto gabinete como terreno.
- Coordinación de entregables técnicos entre equipos de ingeniería y ambiental.
- Revisión de cumplimiento técnico y formal de entregables técnicos por parte de equipo de ingeniería para eventuales procesos de evaluación ambiental.
Wood requiere contratar para su linea de servicios de Minería y Minerales, un Ingeniero (a) Electricista experimentado que deberá desarrollar y liderar el diseño de sistemas eléctricos tanto en AT, como en MT y BT, reportando a la dirección del proyecto y eventualmente al líder de disciplina e interactuando con el equipo del proyecto, control de documentos, y especialistas del cliente.
Será responsable de liderar equipos de la disciplina en proyectos y de la preparación de la documentación requerida para las materias indicadas, tanto a nivel de ingeniería conceptual, básica y/o y de detalles, según corresponda.
La sede del cargo es en Santiago y se requiere disponibilidad para trabajo presencial.
Wood is recruiting Project Controllers on a fixed term basis (6 month contracts) to provide project control support and direction to the business. In addition to supporting Project Controls and the wider F&A function with enhanced cost and commercial focus, the position will also be fundamental in driving change and delivering a project control service to the business that focuses on increasing accuracy and integrity of our numbers and supporting operations to achieve efficiency.
This key role:
- Works closely with Service Areas, Project Managers, Project Accountants and Billing Specialists to run all required project control and finance systems and tools
- Works effectively across the project allocation to ensure that robust project controls takes place
- Provide support and share knowledge for complex job set ups in Oracle
- Study and understand all relevant documents pertaining to the preparation of job set up as a quality control to ensure governance in commercial, cost, and contractual review
- Responsibility for the Project Controls Mailbox and managing the business requests that come through
- Monitor and control cost commitments and expenditures through live projects
- Support Senior Project Officer in delivery of Operations Engagement sessions and the development of new and improved documentation, processes, and tools
- Attend Project Reviews as necessary to provide project control support as required
- Management of Project Variations
- Regular communication/review with Service Areas to ensure integrity in budgets and expenditure
- Highlight any unusual activity in projects and highlight to Project Accountants and Project Managers
- Assist Project Accountants and Billing Specialists with any cost or invoicing related queries
- Become an experienced user of OBIE reporting tool to hold review sessions with project management and champion its use across the business
- Understand Azolve and coding process to allow expediting of approvals
- Liaise with Time writing Central as required to ensure accurate and timely capture of costs and ensure costs are allocated accurately in accordance with approved project task structure
- Manage appropriate costing tools and supporting tools related to job set ups in Oracle
- Support the delivery of any necessary training and governance related to Oracle use and financial management
- Liaise with the E&II business to develop a structure for project reporting requirements to ensure timely and accurate internal reporting
- Produce and issue weekly end date reports to the business
- Produce weekly and monthly project cost and status reports as they become established within the business as a requirement for internal control and client reporting
Wood is currently recruiting a HSSEA Coordinator for a fixed-term period of 12 months. The role will deliver support and give advice to staff on implementation and compliance with legislation, international standards, and internal procedures. It will build relationships with customers to support the safe and successful delivery of work scopes, thus enhancing Wood’s reputation. There will also be active participation in business capture and tender response, promoting HSSEA performance and culture as a differentiator for the business. You will ensure that the Wood HSE and Quality Management Systems and related activities are adequately maintained and implemented so that resulting actions are delivered effectively, and that positive contacts are maintained across the group. The role can be based in any of our UK offices and will be offered on a hybrid working basis.
The HSSEA Coordinator offers expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive Quality and HSE culture. This represents a key role in helping control business related risks in the organisation, key responsibilities include:
- Review user-raised safety cards, take necessary actions and discuss any learning which is required to be rolled out to the business
- Own the collating information for monthly HSSEA reports
- Assisting with accident & incident investigation including identifying causes, corrective actions and improvements
- Managing and updating databases including reporting tools, DSE Assessments, Driver Risk Assessment and Manual Handling and Lone Working monitoring
- Completing HSSEA audits at offices when required
- Managing the HSE aspects of Supplier Assessments for the business, monitoring the dedicated mailbox, distributing new assessments to one of the reviewers, keeping tracker up to date
- Collect and upload information relating to Carbon Reporting
- Reviewing DSE Assessments, liaising with staff and making necessary recommendations
- Completing administration duties around HSSEA requirements, updating documentation (manuals, procedures, forms, etc.)
- Managing and implementing HSSEA initiatives as appropriate
- Organising the HSSE Working Group calls, helping with the preparation of the agenda, slides
- Special projects and ad-hoc support tasks across all Business Unit as necessary to meet business needs
- Providing support to the HSSEA Manager when necessary
Undertaking the role of Information Manager in relation to Security, providing support to the Security Manager, Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) and Deputy SIRO
- Client interface in relation to security. Projects with specific security needs or handling of official sensitive documents. This may involve being audited, liaising with the Security Manager to get Security Aspect Letters signed off
- Provide support as and when required in relation to Security Clearances / Vetting Transfer
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer to support our UK project team, the role will be based in a contractors office in Rome. The project is a new water intake structure in an existing water treatment facility. This role will be to provide the coordination of engineering assurance activities between the EPC Contractors office and the Engineering assurance team in the UK.
- Ensure coordination of engineering assurance activities between the EPC Contractor and the Wood office in UK
- Arrange engineering meetings to close out comment response sheets in conjunction with the Contractor
- Prepare weekly status reports for assurance activities.
- Organise, attend, contribute to design reviews
- Support constructability reviews
- review design review reports produced by the EPC Contractor
- Collate actions and be responsible for expediting the closure of outstanding actions with engineering disciplines
- Understand project work sequences in producing deliverables and executing activities and has a good knowledge of standards, specifications and procedures
- Control and forecast work area activities and deliverables against schedule
- Contribute and participate to work in an enthusiastic manner, working to the requirements of quality and environmental management systems maintained to ISO standards
- Understand the nature of and contribute to the identification and control of change and prepare project and progress reports
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Specialist Process Engineer with extensive experience in the Copper Processing.
- Formulates and directs investigations or prototype, model and system studies, analyzing and interpreting the data obtained and recommending practical application of results.
- Provides expert advice on design processes.
- Advises on the development of new engineering methods and participates in short and long-range planning.
- Provides technical leadership to teams of professional and non-professional staff.
- Supervises complex engineering tasks related to a portion of a major project.
- Solves problems requiring application of research data in own and allied professional disciplines; exercises mature business judgement in devising practical, economical solutions.
- Responsible for a broad operational function or directs large, professional and major groups, or acts as the world-class expert recognized as an international authority in the field of major importance to the company.
- Responsible for discipline as an expert in advising on major programs or projects proposals and long-range plans, developing programs and establishing objectives and priorities.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Exective - Recruitment with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Interact with line managers to understand departmental recruitment requirements
- Develop recruitment briefs to circulate to various sources
- Screen CVs and forward to departments concerned
- Follow up with Line Managers for feedback on CVs and update sources
- Schedule and co-ordinate interviews
- Verify offer details including salary and issue offer to candidates
- Carry out requisite follow-up for all offers including joining documents
- Create and maintain the offers database
- Rejection details of candidates after interview as notified by the department / discipline managers are conveyed to the recruitment firms/agencies/candidates by automated electronic mail
- Issue the confirmation letter to the agency for personnel deputation
- Interview expenses for the candidates will be administered by HR Executive – Recruitment along with the Accounts department
- Prepare regular recruitment status reports and circulate to line managers as appropriate
- Identify and empanel new agencies into the recruitment process
- Management of job portals
- Identify new methods of recruitment
- Manage CVs received through staff referral and forward for line review
- Ensure referral questionnaire is duly filled and submitted by the referring employee
- Validate authenticity of the referral questionnaire with the candidate
- Prepare the staff referral list on a monthly basis
- Responsible for supporting the objectives of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policy and Information Security Management Policy by adhering to applicable Procedures and Work Practices while fulfilling of duties
Karrieremuligheter i Grenlandsområdet!
Wood er en ledende leverandør av prosjekt-, ingeniør- og tekniske tjenester til energi- og industrimarkedet.Vi dekker alle faser av et prosjekts livssyklus fra tidlig-fase til ferdigstillelse, og har lang erfaring med design og løsninger knyttet til både modifikasjonsprosjekter og nye installasjoner. Wood har solid erfaring med prosjekter for landbasert industri, både på Rafnes og Herøya, men også flere andre lokasjoner i Norge.
Wood i Norge har ca 700 ansatte fordelt på kontorene våre i Bergen, Stavanger, Oslo, Herøya og Sandefjord som er vårt hovedkontor.
Nå styrker vi vårt kontor på Herøya!
For å møte eksisterende og økende engineeringsbehov i Grenlandsområdet styrker vi vårt kontor på Herøya. Til små og mellomstore prosjekter for landbasert industri i Grenlandsområdet søker vi flere både automasjon- , elektro- og instrumentingeniører, med varierende grad av erfaring; fra nyutdannede til deg som har opparbeidet deg mange års erfaring. Har du erfaring fra landbasert industri, skip, olje/gass eller fornybar energi, hører vi gjerne fra deg!
Vi har et stort fagmiljø innen EICT (elektro/instrument/control/telecom), ca 100 ansatte totalt. Disiplinen innehar en høy faglig kompetanse som vi utnytter på tvers av våre lokasjoner. I EICT-disiplinen utfører vi design, beregninger og spesifikasjoner samt utarbeider tegnings- og dokumentasjonsunderlag for innkjøp, engineering, installasjon og ferdigstillelse.
Hos oss vil du ha mange muligheter for både faglig og personlig utvikling. Det er flere veier å gå, enten om du vil spesialisere deg innen ett fagfelt, skaffe deg erfaring innen flere fagområder eller om du ønsker mer lederansvar som Disiplinleder eller Prosjektleder. Du vil fåmulighet til å påvirke din egen hverdag gjennom fleksible arbeidsordninger. Vi har en uformell tone og et inkluderende arbeidsmiljø hvor det er lett spørre om råd og støtte.
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Civil Engineer to join our Renewables team based in Glasgow.
You will represent Wood as a key technical resource by sharing knowledge and experience to aid overall development of competencies within the Team, Group and Company to enhance overall project delivery to clients.
- Support the Civil team’s programme of projects to ensure the company’s GM targets are being maximised whilst delivery of the works on time with the goal of exceeding client’s expectations
- Provide technical assistance and support to all other areas of the business in line with particular area of expertise
- Ensure health and safety considerations are integral to the delivery of projects and project task
- Support the Team Leader to monitor and report on the financial status of all Civil Team projects
- Support the Team Leader to ensure the profitability of the team is maximised by minimising non-chargeable time
- Assist the Team Leader develop a suite of project controls to enable efficient and accurate monitoring of the internal and external aspects of projects
- Upwardly report on the status of projects, projects and opportunities
- Disseminate company information and required working practices to the Civil Team as required
- Assist the Team Leader to identify and carry out business development activities to support the winning of new work
- Assist the Team Leader to review of project proposal information to aid in winning new work
- As subject matter expert, ensure knowledge and skills transfer and support to the team to optimise performance and employee capability When appropriate, Mentor team members and assist Team Leader to lead, coach, motivate and develop members of Civil Team
Wood Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences business are currently recruiting for a Validation Engineer to support on the delivery of an EPC framework contract on a large pharmaceutical site.
This is a full time, permanent position and you will be based on the client site at Ware, Hertfordshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organise validation activities in order to provide an effective validation service.
- Plan validation activities to ensure customer and business needs are met in alignment with the overall project plans and objectives.
- Present & justify validation scope and documents
- Review and approve documentation and reports supporting the validation exercise.
- Ensure that both team and key customers are kept informed of changes to validation requirements.
- Definition of the commissioning and qualification strategy (incl. Development of System Impact Assessment, Validation Master Plan, C&Q schedule)
- Formal GMP reviews during Concept, Scheme and Detailed Design phases
- Risk Assessment for GMP Systems
- Design Qualification (with Traceability Matrix) for GMP Systems
- Review of FAT protocols, execute and witnessing of FAT
- Review of Vendors’ SAT protocols
- Preparation of Commissioning protocols
- Preparation of IQ/OQ protocols
- Review of IQ/OQ protocols prepared by equipment Vendors
- Coordination/witness to SAT/Commissioning tests executed by Vendors/Contractors
- Review of executed SAT/Commissioning protocols
- Coordination/execution/witness to IQ/OQ tests executed by Vendors/Contractors
- Execution of FAT, SAT and IQ/OQ
Wood is currently recruiting for a summer placement Process Engineer to join the Glasgow team for a fixed term of 8 weeks. This will be a hybrid of both in the office and home working.
The postholder will assist with the provision of engineering support services on Oil & Gas engineering projects and undertake engineering activities and support as directed by senior engineers on the project. Activities will typically include the production of deliverables associated with engineering studies alongside project support.
- Carry out work in accordance with Company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Carry out work in accordance with project guidelines and procedures
- Provision of engineering services to projects as assigned
- Engineering calculations and simulation
- Communicate effectively within a multidiscipline team
- Ensure all technical documents and data are prepared and structured in accordance with relevant design codes, standards and legislation
- Ensure the design satisfies all operational and safety requirements
- Check and verify engineering documents in line with the technical and quality plan.
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Providing documentation and drawing deliverables on time to meet project deadlines
- Taking part and contributing to construction risk assessments and construction method statements
- Producing cost effective designs that are fit for purpose and safe
- Provide technical assistance where required
- Review work / work output as required
- Provide technical assistance to other disciplines as required
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting a Senior Network Engineer with significant experience in Automation and Control Network design and implementation to support our UK projects
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected. This position can be either staff or contract
Applicants must be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check
The Senior Network Engineer will support the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance
Responsibilities / Duties
- Provides expertise in Network Design, implementation, and testing for networks to support Integrated Automation and Control Systems Solutions
- Responsible for identifying / defining the required network to support the Automation and Controls requirement / solutions for the client
- Implement the defined Network solutions
- Support the Lead Engineer in accomplishing project objectives
- Apply integration concepts to a wide variety of systems and across multiple vendor platforms
- Engineer technical aspects of automation project network design and / or implementation for assigned activities
- Implements the configuration, database and / or programming activities for assigned activities
- Prepares engineering studies and network design documentation
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards
Wood is currently looking for a Electrical and Instrumentation Construction Lead to strengthen our team in Iraq.
- Supervision of electrical and instrumentation construction activities
- Manage International and Local Construction Contractors on behalf of Owner to ensure safety, quality and technical correctness in line with drawings, specifications and technical standards
- Drive (HSSE) standards, procedures, rules and regulations
- Establish and maintain good working relations with Project, Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations counterparts
- Contribute to successful interfaces with other stakeholders
- Coordinate with Project Leads on materials and design delivery to support construction activities
- Ability to supervise, train and develop Local National teams
- Tailor construction and execution approaches considering the local contracting market and capabilities
- Champion performance against measurable construction targets as part of the overall project schedule
Wood is recruiting an experienced Senior Piping / Mechanical Engineer to join our Operations business in Perth, Western Australia. This role will be secondment to a major client to deliver service agreement.
Wood's Operations APAC (West) business delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with the region’s most prominent producers located in Western Australia, Northern Territory, Kazakhstan, and Sakhalin.
In this role you will be part of a busy project team delivering brownfields Oil & Gas projects within the engineering group for our various clients. Reporting to the regional piping/mechanical lead engineer you will be working across FEED /Execution to EPCM delivery, this role will be Wood office based, with potential secondments into the client office.
- Preparation of Equipment/Package Technical Specifications, Mechanical Data Sheets and Requisitions for Enquiry and Purchase.
- Technical evaluation / clarification of supplier bids, including the technical reports to support order placement.
- Technical supervision of supplier design and control of supplier interface and co-ordination of interfaces with other engineering disciplines.
- Review and approval of supplier documentation such as GA / ITP / Calculations and Fabrication Procedures.
- Attend Package progressive inspections and Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Package status progress reporting including management of vendor schedules, cost and variations.
- Liaising between functions, with the vendor and client to provide updates, guidance and resolution.
- Mechanical focal point for small scopes, including attending weekly meetings and providing the project with updates.
- Participate and contribute in Project workshops such as risk assessments, design reviews, constructability, HAZID, HAZOP, etc.
- Input to construction workpacks and technical support during installation and commissioning.
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive onsite gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs.