Wood is currently recruiting for Principal Structural Designers (Offshore) with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry specifically into offshore.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Taking responsibility of engineering of the assigned structures / foundation
- Modelling as per inputs and extracting / checking of General Arrangement & Detail Drawings
- Reporting to Lead Structural Designer / Lead Structural Engineer
- Coordination with other disciplines & project
- Meeting the project schedules on submissions of Structural deliverables
- Ensuring all deliverables are comply with quality as per Wood / Client specifications & standards
- Interpretation of vendor drawings / other discipline drawings for Civil & structural deliverables requirements
Wood is currently recruiting for an Onshore Maintenance Planner with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The Onshore Maintenance Planner is responsible for their designated Hubs Maintenance Activity Plan and processes. Accountable for the 120 day Maintenance Plan, the 28 day Critical Activity Plan and the 7 day Maintenance Schedule which are iteratively sequenced over a 120 day rolling program.
The role also encompasses the reporting and auditing of the MAP which includes Key Performance Indicator compliance and data analysis.
- Creating and managing all short / medium term MAP Plans and Schedules updating and reissues plans as required
- As the Hub MAP process owner ensuring full compliance criteria’s are met and managed effectively
- Ensures that maintenance work orders PMs & CMs are aligned with vendor supported / CAP activities to minimize equipment downtime
- Works closely with the Hub Integrated Asset Planner, Maintenance and Engineering Superintendent (MES), Discipline engineers and Offshore Production & Maintenance Supervisors and offshore teams to ensure that vendor / CAP activities can be fully supported by platform resources
- Regularly review the IAP / MAP plan and schedule, identify SIMOPs, constraints and deferrals to resolve conflicts and ensure that the plan is achievable
- Attends all IAP / MAP planning meetings, support the Platform Superintendent, MES and act as a maintenance planning focal point to resolve all maintenance related issues
- Generate maintenance reports for the aid in the planning process
- Reviews work outside of 120 day window to all outage scopes are considered
- Liaises with Job Sponsors and Hub Material Focal Point to ensure that all preparations are in place to execute scheduled maintenance jobs
- Regularly reviews resource loading, levels resources considering Hub priorities, production / business constraints and resource availability
- Analyze Maintenance KPI dashboard reports and distribute results ensuring any trends or issues are raised to the appropriate activity owners
- Raising of Deferrals for the grouping of tasks or alignment to outages
- Works closely with the Shutdown (SD) Planner and provides detailed input for the preparation of the SD plan. Support the SD Planner during the pre / post SD as well as the execution phases
- Develops ad - hoc plans as required to support specific activities
- Provides holiday cover for other planners including IAP and SD planners where directed
- Contributes to MAP / IAP projects and planning improvement initiatives; actively shares best practices
Wood is currently recruiting for Designer / Senior Designer - Civil and Structural with relevant experience in the refinery, oil and gas and petrochemical industry.
- Take responsibility of engineering of the assigned structures / foundation as civil designer
- Model as per inputs and extract / check General Arrangement and Detail Drawings
- Report to the Lead Civil Designer / Lead Civil Engineer
- Coordinate with other disciplines and projects
- Meet the project schedules on submissions of Civil deliverables
- Ensure all deliverables comply with quality as per FW / Client specifications and standards
- Interpret vendor drawings / other discipline drawings for Civil and structural deliverables requirements
Wood is currently recruiting for Engineer / Senior Engineer - Civil & Structural with Offshore and Onshore exprience to join our team based in Chennai.
- Specialist Engineer in Engineering Design & Detailing of Civil & Structural works of Oil & Gas projects
- Must have worked in STAAD software in Analysis & Design
- Hands on experience on model review in SPR/Navis Review platform is must.
- Experience as Area Lead Engineer / Checking Engineer in at least one project.
- Experience on preparation of the Design calculation through XL spread sheet will be plus point.
- Field Engineering Experience after completion of home office engineering will be added advantage
- Area Lead Civil Engineer / Checking Engineer -Taking responsibility of one or two process units
- Leading & Controlling about 6-12 team members
- Reporting to Lead Civil Engineer
- Coordination with other disciplines, project & site for Civil inputs, schedules and related issues
- Preparing / Checking of Calculations, General Arrangement & Detail Drawings and MTO
- Attending inter discipline meetings, internal model reviews & model review with client
- Monitoring and meeting the project schedules on submissions of Civil deliverables
- Ensuring all deliverables are comply with quality as per FW /Client specifications & standards.
- Review of vendor drawings/other discipline drawings for adequacy of Civil design input requirements
Wood India is currently recruiting for Electrical Designers on contract to be based at our office in Chennai. The incumbent should be conversant in PDMS and AUTOCAD having expertise in the following areas
1. Production and checking of common electrical design deliverables including:
- Single Line Diagrams
- Block Cable Diagrams
- Schematic/Connection Diagrams
- General Electrical Equipment Layouts including Sub-Station Layouts
- Lighting Layouts
- Earthing Layouts
- Hazardous Area Layouts
- Cable & Drum Schedules
2. Experienced in the activities, procedures, and methods associated with electrical systems design development including:
- Cable Scheduling and Routing Design (above and below ground)
- Lighting Design (including lighting design software application)
- Earthing Systems
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Electrical Bulk Material Take-off and Requisitioning
3. Competent practitioner in the application of Industry standard CAD systems (AutoCAD/MicroStation) for the production of 2-D electrical drawings
4. Basic awareness of international design standards e.g. IEC/CENELEC /ATEX (European) and ANSI/NEC (American).
5. Experienced in electrical design applications in a 3-D model environment via industry standard 3-D CAD modelling systems (PDMS)
Wood India in recruiting for Engineer / Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer role with experience in Offshore projects to work from Chennai Office on agency rolls.
The incumbent should be conversant and / expected to deliver the following:
- Have a sound knowledge of International Codes & Standards and General C&I Engineering.
- With minimum supervision be able to carry out all aspects of General C&I Engineering to a high standard from first principles using client standards and in line with Project requirements with minimum supervision confirming to safety and quality control within the man-hour budget and the project schedule targets.
- Be able to check the quality of work carried out by Engineers / designers.
- Shall be capable of handling C&I activities for the mechanical packages like Compressors , fired Heaters etc
- Shall be capable of handling Control system packages independently.
- Shall be capable of performing Project C&I activities taking full responsibility for Quality, budget, schedule, safety targets with Lumpsum mentality
Wood UK Process & Energy are seeking a Civils biased Construction Superintendent with Temporary Works Coordinator competence and extensive experience working large scale EPCm projects within in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industries.
This is a permanent staff role based on a client site in Teesside.
Act as an Ambassador of the company in all aspects of HSES & IR.
- In conjunction with Contractors’ Superintendents undertake a weekly HSSE inspection of allocated areas
- Ensure that contractors understand and implement the HSES plan, including permit to work, toolbox talks, visible and relevant safety signs, safety surveillance, installation and maintenance of firefighting equipment, firewatchers, audible emergency warning signal, wind socks, muster areas, and emergency evacuation drills
- Agree method statements, risk assessments and job safety analysis. Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with agreed method statements
- Ensure all hazardous activities and those with potential risk to material or personnel, have an agreed method statement, and risk assessment prior to commencement of work
- Maintain supervisory attendance at all contractor toolbox talks and safety meetings. Encourage contractor safety incentive schemes and promote all Wood processes, Client and contractors team building efforts
- Ensure Contractor, Client and Operator personnel understand and fully operate the project permit to work system including tag/lock-out requirements, and that only contractor authorized personnel operate the permit to work system
- Pro-actively undertake and promote the use of behavioral and incentivized HSE work programmes, and campaigns, e.g. ‘HEART’
- Ensure contractors dimensional control methods for checking that all works are properly set out and satisfactory. Supervise specialist surveying contractors when necessary
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for concrete mix design, batching operations, concrete pour, foundation release, grouting release, area release, all in accordance with contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications.
- Ensure effective control and design of all false-works, shuttering and form-works. Check that access roads/routes and equipment are in accordance with practical temporary works procedures and calculations. Where necessary, ensure competent technical review of temporary works design etc.
- Ensure effective site speed control, with safety speed limit signs available and that there are sufficient direction signs indicating access roads/routings for planned transport of manpower and materials to workforce locations and storage areas
- Ensure contractors carry out all excavations and trenching in a logical fashion, minimizing site disruption and that they provide safety barriers, signage and trench crossings in accordance with the Wood HSSE plan
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of construction supervisors and engineers within assigned areas. Provide daily supervisory surveillance checks and records, ensuring that contractors’ management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permitting procedures, protective equipment, experienced/qualified supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets
- Routinely study, check, review and validate the discipline scope of work against the appropriate Contract Requisition to ensure the Contractors correctly interpret and comply with the latest revision AFC drawings, quantities, and specifications
- In conjunction with other discipline superintendents ensure contractor interfaces are both coordinated and planned to allow effective take-over by follow-on contractors, and efficient access to work areas and job faces
- Ensure that contractors survey and accept their work areas and commence contracted works within schedule time requirements, mobilizing supervision, materials and equipment in practical logical sequences
- Ensure that contractors working on site have temporary facilities, equipment and hand tools etc. that are fully capable of supporting contractors site needs in the execution of contracted works to meet schedule completions
- Ensure practical security and protection of the works and that all contractors’ provisions for temporary lighting, transport, vehicles, plant and equipment, hand tools are in adequate supply and totally fit for purpose
- Ensure that contractors are working in the required work areas, locations, elevations and sequence of work by providing discipline scheduled completion details to enable efficient planning of all activities. With the contractors planning engineers, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans to facilitate project schedule completions
- Ensure all approved modifications to Works are recorded on red-lined ‘as-built’ drawings, and are verified as correct by field personnel
Wood (trading locally as PSNK) is recruiting for an Instrument and Control Engineer to join our team in Atyrau (for KZ passport holders).
Responsible for design, specification and services related to basic process control systems, control panels, field instrumentation, and valves
Under direct supervision, independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
With additional experience within one functional area, assists in the design of larger and more complex assignments which involve conventional types of plans, investigations and surveys with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
Assignments usually include one or more of the following:
Specification and procurement of field instruments and actuated valves.
Preparation of construction scopes of work.
Provide technical direction for instrument designers
Wood has an immediate entry level role for a Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineer to be located in our Perth office. We have world class engineering capability in the fields of Vibration, Dynamics and Noise (VDN) and this role sits within the Rotating Equipment and Reliability team who are specialists in their field.
Our ideal candidate will be keen to tackle technical challenges solving complex vibration, pulsation and machinery performance and this role will be of interest if:
- you want to develop your engineering skills and practical design experience in vibration and rotating equipment
- you want to be part of a worldwide team of experts that share your interest in solving design challenges
- you are keen to travel to client facilities in sometimes remote locations to perform complex and challenging test-work and open to sometime working at heights
- you are an enthusiastic learner keen to work with a variety of customers and cultures
These and many other advantages are associated with Wood – vibration, dynamics and noise (VDN). We demonstrate technical excellence in resolving the causes and effects of vibration in rotating equipment and machinery providing engineering solutions and services improving the integrity and performance.
In working in this specialist team you will:
- Perform detailed analysis of balance of plant data using a range of portable systems
- Assist with investigations, providing technical input for equipment failures and troubleshooting projects, alignments, balancing, ODS (Operational Deflection Shape) and RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Assist in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Manage, implement and improve vibration, lubrication and thermography based predictive maintenance programs including on-site data collection, analysis and determination of recommendations for rotating equipment
- Execute maintenance strategies and programs for clients whilst seeking opportunities to improve them utilising the latest in data analytics techniques
- Identify opportunities to improve client plant reliability, availability and/or performance, collaborating with clients to turn to their advantage
- Assist with RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) and FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis)
- Work with world-class industry experts who are pushing the edge of technological envelope
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Piping Stress Engineer for our Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston to work on various projects on a contract basis for 12-18 months
Main Purpose of Role
- To coordinate and supervise design functions within a project/study context with specific ability to undertaking Piping Stress calculations.
- Ensure that designs are in accordance with project / study requirements and company objectives and are produced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the WOOD Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Prepare piping technical specifications, piping stress calculations, piping stress reports, datasheets, design criterion and other documents as required by the project .
- Responsible for piping engineering content, discipline design drawings and technical documents within a project/study.
- Produce designs in accordance with project requirements, discipline standards, statutory regulations, good practice and company procedural requirements
- Produce project filing system which is maintained, kept up to date in a discipline or project system which all project design personnel utilise
- Engineering input into PFD’s and P&ID’s, line lists and SPI lists
- Ensure piping design is completed within design man-hour and procurement budgets
- Ensure piping designs produced are optimal in terms of maintainability, serviceability, equipment operating cost and safe operation
- Ensure piping design engineering standards are maintained and adhered to on all projects
- Provide technical design guidance to Project staff on various aspects of design
- Produce piping installation contract tenders and produce technical adjudications/recommendations.
- Review and comment on design documents and drawings from own discipline from own and other disciplines
- Give guidance to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on piping engineering matters. Review piping aspects of package unit supplier’s drawings as requested by the engineer responsible for the equipment.
- Review vendor documentation for compliance with project specifications and standards.
- Estimate, control and review design scope changes.
- Provide engineering support to construction team during plant installation and commissioning of piping systems.
- Conduct regular piping engineering/design group meetings within a project context
- Prepare progress reports, including listing achievements and highlighting issues as required.
- Work closely with other consultants, other disciplines and Project Managers to ensure that projects objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Provide input to proposals and man-hour estimates
- Ensure compliance and take initiative for safety and environmental aspects.
- Keeping up to date with developments in the piping field e.g. updates to design codes etc.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Turnover Engineer with major project construction turnover experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The Turnover Engineer will report to the Turnover Manager and will be responsible for
- Population, operation and maintenance of the Turnover database
- Issue System and Discipline progress status reports as required
- Issue System and Discipline punch list status reports as required
- Advise the Field Superintendent / Discipline Field Supervision regarding the criticality of punch list items with respect to the System Completion Schedule
- Compilation of System Turnover Dossiers
- Coordination of Contractors compilation and submission of original Test Packs and QCRs. Ensure Contractors’ documentation is complete and in order for transfer to the Client at Project completion
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to be based in its office in Muscat, Oman
The role will require supervision of site survey works at Duqm and other locations. The candidate shall be rounded in experience and be flexible in approach to assist the growth of the business in Oman.
- Be the in Oman support for a FEED project being performed by Wood outside of Oman. This will include Technical liaison with client, Site visits, Information gathering from authorities, Management of topographical and geotechnical survey contractors, ESIA support
- Contribute to prequalification and proposal activities
- Undertake duties of a civil engineer / project engineer as they arise
- Ensure that company policies, procedures and controls are adhered to, always
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Piping & Plant Layout Engineer to join our team in Qatar on a staff basis. This is a key role in the Piping & Plant Layout Group, where you will have the opportunity to be hands-on in supporting the group’s objectives across EPC, PMC and FEED scopes of work in the region. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man-hour, cost and the project schedule targets.
You will deliver effective Piping & Plant Layout Engineering support into projects through provision of sound technical advice; undertaking discipline audits and due-diligence type reviews; provision of discipline training; updating of procedures and standards and developing innovative plant layout and engineering techniques.
- Carrying out various piping activities and preparation of deliverables as necessary on your appointed projects.
- Represent the project and liaise with the client as required.
- Signing drawings and documents as originator/checker in accordance with corporate and project procedures.
- Ensuring the quality, technical accuracy and content of all project piping deliverables.
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards.
- Adhering to engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes toward engineering design, including raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities.
- Implementation of Piping CAD and Engineering functions and tools to ensure quality of deliverables within assigned project / area.
- Preparing for and running project design reviews, including management and close-out of actions relating to Piping & Plant Layouts.
- Reviewing vendor quotations, preparation of technical quote evaluations and submission of vendor recommendations in conjunction with the Materials Management Department. Technically approve Order Variation Summaries.
- Hold co-ordination meetings and engineering reviews with vendors of piping bulk materials, valves or special items as required.
- Provide relevant knowledge and practical support to site activities, such as site visits or surveys and vendor, contractor, or client site-related queries and discussions.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Site HES Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Accountable for the safe and timely preparation and execution of the work scope, in adherence with project HSSE and quality, procedures and practices.
- Accountable for ensuring completions and commissioning activities are carried out in accordance with project commissioning specifications, standards and procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring commissioning is carried out in accordance with project schedules and budget through diligence and utilization of efficient and working practices.
- Ability to demonstrate high performing safety leadership always, providing guidance and support across the team with a key objective of achieving zero harm to personnel, the asset and environment.
- Be responsible for the HSSE performance of teams, ensuring full compliance with Company and Client HSSE processes and procedures.
- Lead by example in compiling with all applicable Company and Client project rules, processes and procedures
- Ensure corporate / project HSE initiatives, are delivered (i.e. STOP cards, (or client equivalents) SOC etc.) and all fully encourage to participate.
- Ensure HSSE governance is always maintained and that the management team and supervision are visible in the field and participate fully in verification activities.
Wood have an immediate requirement for an Consultant Engineer to join our team based in Perth. Our ideal candidate will join a team of engineering specialists working within the field of engineering dynamics specifically focusing on Static Equipment Systems.
In this role you will demonstrate technical excellence in FEA analysis, modelling, interrogating and resolving the causes and effects of vibration in static equipment and structures and work to provide engineering solutions and services improving the integrity and performance of facilities across our global client base. This is a practical consulting role focusing on office based analysis utilising the data from field investigative activities.
Please note that at this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) and do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia.
- Assist with investigations and provide high quality technical input for relevant plant failures and trouble-shooting projects
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to quickly interpret key client evidence
- Prepare written reports of investigation findings and recommend methods for rectification
- Maintain and develop new client relationships
- Develop systems and processes for continuous improvement
- Provide engineering solutions within a customer focused and service oriented framework
Our ideal candidate will have experience that includes:
- Dynamic stress and fatigue analysis
- Pipe stress analysis, pulsation analysis / control,
- Strain gauging, structural dynamics / trouble-shooting
- Acoustic and flow induced studies, CFD, FEA
- Experience in Nastran, Ansys and Abacus FEA would be advantageous
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
With continued success and organisational growth, Wood is looking to expand their Structural Integrity team and have an immediate requirement for a Senior Structural Integrity Engineer to join us based in Perth, Western Australia. This is a sensational opportunity offering the chance to join a dynamic and technically skilled group, working across all aspects of the business and a worldwide client base. Working across diverse energy sectors, mining and oil and gas, the project portfolio covers structural integrity management and advanced structural analysis. The successful candidate will be actively involved in all aspects of structural engineering through the stages of concept, FEED studies, detailed design and decommissioning. A key element of the role is to foster strong working client relationships and undertake continuous business development enhancing our industry leading approach to Structural Integrity Management.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with Permanent Residency (PR) who do not require sponsorship to work legally in Australia.
- Manage structural analysis activities, supporting operations, structural assurance, major projects, life extension and decommissioning activities across the Wood project portfolio
- Undertake responsibility for business development, maintaining and improving existing client relationships and be actively engaged in bidding process
- Carry out scope development and definition, scheduling, delivery, CTR preparation, budget and financial responsibility
- Develop and provide emergency response systems
- Carry out code compliance assessments
- Participate in continual improvement within the field of Structural Integrity, maintaining knowledge of industry trends and technical innovations
- Provide assistance in development of internal processes, procedures and ongoing improvement
- Effective in the development and supervision of others
Wood are currently recruiting for a Lead Pipe Support Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Excellent Leadership skills in Pipe Support Engineering with ability to handle fast tracked scopes to meet client’s expectations and requirements
• Proven track record in handling large teams of Pipe Support Engineers and Designers for projects
• Carry the responsibility for the project success and providing strong direction for the team
• Experienced in managing the work, managing the financial aspects of the Pipe Support discipline, including the workhour estimates and margin goals
• Excellent communication and co - ordination skills both verbal and written
• Good understanding of Project business cases and reflect this in the work environment such as productivity, schedule, workhour control, innovation etc.
• Involved in development and implementation of activities such as the latest technology and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity for the department
• Take personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, which you demonstrate by example
• Able to work as an efficient team with project management and other disciplines, both within our company and that of the client
• Responsible for ensuring that the Dept. / Disciplines quality management system is followed taking into account any special contractual requirements
- Manage proper and timely execution of projects reporting to the Engineering Manager
• Define the discipline scope and / or project proposals, including the required resources
• Responsible for cost, schedule, material quantity and budget control and management of change
• Ensure all Pipe Support documents are issued in line with the Project requirements
• Ensure effective communications with other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams
• Contribute in people development
• Produce proposals for projects which involve man hour - and schedule estimates related to the Pipe Support scope of work
• Add value plus / optimization ideas
• Developmental activities like preparation of work instructions / procedures / guidelines
Wood (trading locally as JSC PSN KazStroy) is currently recruiting for a Principal Instrument and Control Engineer to join our team in Atyrau (for KZ passport holders).
Responsible for design, specification and services related to control systems including basic process control systems, safety systems, control panels, analyzer systems, telecommunications and networks, field instrumentation etc.
- Principal Instrumentation and Controls Engineer, shall participate in the design, coordination, execution and oversight of the technical aspects specifically related to control systems
- Work with other members of the team, act as a technical specialist and / or lead engineer in providing technical guidance, review the deliverable prepared by Engineers and make sure Company QA/QC procedure are adhered
- Coordinate with project control to prepare execution schedule, monitoring the progress, man power planning, reporting
- Prepare all I&C design and engineering deliverables including Control system specification / scope of work, Control System Architecture, Control Panel Layouts with BOM, Interconnection / Wiring Diagrams, Control Schematics, Cable Schedules, , as well as review of Control System Vendor Offer and prepare TBE. for compliance with department and project needs and client standards
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and proficiency in design, industry standards, hazardous area classifications, and vendor equipment
- Must read, understand company Standards, Procedures and Policies and implement where required;
- Prepare drawings/data sheets specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions and system reporting
- Review of vendor documents to ensure that vendor documents are as per project specification and contractual requirement
- Prepare engineering deliverables including Functional Test Procedure, Cause & Effect Testing Procedure, Control and Safety System Specification, Control Narratives, Functional Design Specification
Wood is currently looking to recruit Lead Electrical Engineer to join the Consulting team in Abu Dhabi. Successful candidate would responsible for below duties and responsibilities;
- Manage all electrical engineeirng activiites with the client
- Prepoare, check and apparove all electrical engineering deliverables
- Reviews/prepares Electrical items Procuremnet Engineering (specification, data sheets, MRs, PRs, TBEs, Vendor Document reviews
- Review and approve all electrical desing document/drawings
- Assuring that work and project promises are successfully delivered and appropriate reviews have been conducted
- Involvement in Feasiblity/Conceptual, Studies/FEED/EPC Proejcts.
- Review and resolve interdisciplinary design and technical issues to ensure the most effect and efficient deisgn is adopted.
- Report on a regular basis on all matters affecting technical problems, cost or schedule to the Project Engineer/Engineering Manager as appropriate
- Develop solutions to complex design problems using initiative and own
- Plan & Propose implementation of new technology.
- Development of young engineers and providing development programs
- Prepares man-hour estimates for Engineering deliverables at the same estmation stage
- Participating in Tender Clarficiation and Evaluation.
- Actively participating in Project Workshops, closing actions items
- Experience in Electrical Design of Large onshore and offshore Oil and Gas projects
- Experience in Power System Analysis by Etap (Load Flow Analysis, Short Circuit, Motor Starting, Relay settings, Arc Flash , Earthing)
- Experience in Oil and Gas Pipeline Facilities (Pump Houses/Compressor Stations/Storage Terminals/Block Valve Stations)
- In-depth technical knowledge of electrical equipment like transformers, synchronous motors and generator, induction motors, HV/ LV switchgears, AC /DC UPS, variable speed drives, SCADA, Cables etc.
- In-depth knowledge of equipment sizing (transformer, generator, solar system etc.), illumination level calculation, earthing calculation, lightning protection assessment, cable sizing and battery sizing etc
- Experience in generating the engineering deliverable like equipment specifications, data sheets, drawings like Single Line Diagrams, Schematic Diagrams, layouts (equipment layout, cable routing, lighting, earthing/ lightning protection), Cable Schedules, Cable Drum Schedules, and Interconnection Schedule, and bulk MTO.
- Shall be familiar with industry codes, standards and practices, such as IEC, IEEE, BS etc.…..
- Experience in EHV Gas Insulated Switchgear (115 kV and above)
- Experience in Overhead Transmission Line for 33 kV and above
- Experience in Substation Design
- Experience in submarine cable, offshore platform electrical design
- Experience in Cathodic Protection System Design is an added advantage.
Wood is recruiting Senior Administration Specialist to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well - established Project Services department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood. Projects
- Assist Project Engineering in the production of all Project Engineering deliverables, such as maintaining drawing / document trackers, issuing comment packs to disciplines, tracking status of discipline comments, updating P&ID production plan and generating status reports
- Maintain register of all design review and engineering meeting actions and track close out of these actions; advise Project Engineer of late action items; and produce status reports as required
- Establish document format / templates as required
- Maintain registers and filing system for NOM, CEDs, PANs, TQs, SQs, audits, design instructions and change flags
- Assist Project Engineering in obtaining document approvals / sign offs
- Issue completed deliverables to Document Control, including pdf generation and raising document issue request
- Maintain all electronic and hard copy Project Engineering files
- Set up ‘saved searches’ in Project Wise and update as required