Click column header to sort
Wood is currently recruiting for FWKOStart-Up & Ops Support Team Leader to strengthen our team. This is a B2B position on a 4/4 rotation in Iraq, with initial period being in Dubai.
Experienced Start Up or Operations Team Leader with proven record of delivery in the Oil and Gas industry, particularly in Commissioning, Start Up, Operations and trouble shooting activities. Ability to provide continuous support to Operations team to optimize the plant.
Must have strong experience in oil and gas industry i.e. 3 Phase Separation Facilities, Produced Water Facilities and Chemical Injection Facilities.
- Manage handover of the facilities from the Commissioning Team utilizing Go Completions to be “ready to introduce hydrocarbons”
- Support the preparation of Start-up Procedures and Method statements
- Manage the successful and safe Start Up of the new facilities.
- Ensure the specification and ordering of all required Start-up and early Operations spares
- Manage and coordinate first fills and lubes requirements for Start Up and early operations.
- Oversee on the job training requirement for Operators on the new facilities.
- Support Operations of new facilities once they reach “steady state” operations.
- Manage and follow through on Engineering Queries as necessary during Start Up and Early operations of the facilities.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Department on all requirements during early operations.
- Implement the ROO HSE Management System during all phases of the work
Wood is currently recruiting for a Subsea Facilities TA within the Operated Asset Service Line to support preparatory services and pre-operations readiness for a greenfield field development with first gas targeted early 2023. The TA will work as part of an integrated team with the client.
The Subsea TA will be accountable for reviewing and endorsing the technical content of operations readiness & Assurance deliverables, including performance standards for safety and environmental critical elements. They will also be responsible for providing assurance related to any operations deviations and technical queries and management of risks associated with major hazards and non-standard operations.
- Safeguarding the technical integrity of facilities.
- Approve modifications and design within Discipline
- Participation in Barrier model and bowtie model assessments
- Provide technical independent recommendations on operational readiness deliverables and technical queries taking into account safety, integrity and production performance of the asset
- Provide technical direction and contribute to the introduction of appropriate new technology and procedural changes that will benefit asset safety, environmental & production performance and sustainability
- Provide independent direct and impartial feedback on the integrity status of facilities and where concerns exist ensure these are effectively communicated to senior management.
- Where required Be part of the Wood emergency response team including being part of an on-call rota
- Constructively challenge proposed inspection, testing and maintenance strategies or solutions for barriers to ensure optimum outcome
- Take part in and or lead Incident Investigations
- Produce, Own, Review and comment on policy and standards utilised to assure Technical integrity within discipline
- Provide technical input related to competence of staff, contractors and other third-parties
- Approve changes (temporary or permanent) that affect Technical Integrity
- Technical acceptance of deliverables within discipline
- Drive and own implementation of work and risk managements systems within discipline
- Setting performance criteria for SECEs and review of fitness for initial service
- Develop assurance processes to meet the specified performance criteria for SECEs
- Setting technical standards for both safety & environmental critical systems
- Decision maker for decisions around deviations from SECE’s· performance expectations
- Assess SECE barriers to determine condition and effectiveness to manage identified risks
- Maintain individual competence to fulfil the role of Technical Authority
- Review and approve / reject deviations to standards within their specific discipline
- Answer Technical Queries
- Management of Risks Associated with Major Accident Hazards
- Assurance Implementation for SECE’s performance
- Non-Standard Operations risk management
- Appoint Level 2 Technical Authorities within the Wood Regions and ensure TAs meet and maintain the competence requirements
- Custodian of Processes and Procedures within discipline
- Monitor and ensure technical operational delivery is carried out in compliance with requirements of the relevant standards
- Custodian and Manager of the deviation tracker register within discipline
- Advise Level 2 Technical Authorities within discipline
- Seek advice from Heads of Functions when required
- Assist Contract Managers with the management of Technical Integrity related issues on their assignment / within their region
- Managing interfaces with external / third party technical authorities where these are present in operational delivery within their assignment / region
Wood is currently recruiting for an Network Analyst with previous experience of working in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The position is office based in Equatorial Guinea, West Africa and the working hours will be 8 hours per day / 6 days per week Mon - Sat.
* Please note this position is only open to Equatorial Guinea nationals.
The main purpose of the role is to support, configure, maintain and develop the company computer network environment.
- Assist with technical oversight of a multi-site WAN, including planning, implementation/expansion, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Assist in network security design, architecture, and implementation.
- Identify and solve any problems that arise with computer networks and systems globally.
- Regularly evaluate Trident IT systems to ensure they meet the necessary demands.
- Look after phone systems and their networks.
- Help develop and monitoring policies for the use of network resources.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Resolve all issues co-workers have with their IT systems and software.
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of Trident computer network
- Will be required to work one weekend a month.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore Instrument Technician with experience in the offshore oil and gas industry.
The position is to work offshore Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis the normal working rotation is 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off.
Please note this position is only open to Equatorial Guinea nationals.
With assistance, perform the maintenance, testing, and repair of all electrical systems, equipment, and components of oil and gas production facilities in a manner consistent with regulatory and environmental rules, regulations, and testing procedures.
- With assistance, perform routine repairs, inspections, troubleshooting and maintenance activities on electrical systems, equipment, and components on the facility according to manufacturer’s recommendations and company requirements
- Assists other personnel with equipment repairs and other duties assigned by Supervisor
- Ability to check stock levels of parts/components including tracking using the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Performs maintenance record keeping and reporting
- With assistance, performs overhaul of equipment
- Possess knowledge of normal operating parameters on equipment, monitoring, adjustments, and reporting unusual conditions to Supervisor
- Communicate in a clear and coherent manner
- Use self-learning techniques to continually progress in your role and responsibilities
- Completes work in a manner consistent with the. Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Carry out duties according to the facility Electrical Safety Rules & Procedures, participate and receive a rating according to the guidelines
- Participates as appropriate with other personnel to promote safety and optimize operating efficiency
- Obtain basic knowledge and understanding of AC and DC electric motors, including best maintenance practices, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Mentor other personnel with the Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and personal hygiene
- Follow company requirements to execute equipment isolations for assigned tasks
- Perform work according to all applicable codes
Wood Life Sciences business is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer to support with the delivery of an EPC framework contract on a large pharmaceutical site based in Ware, Hertfordshire.
This is a permanent staff role where you will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of projects based at the client’s Pharmaceutical Plant.
This is a hands on, site based role where you would be running several projects at once. This is an exciting time to join the Wood team if you are looking to gain Pharma experience.
Workscope include hugely diverse projects such as:
- Steam and Condensate Upgrades
- Chilled Water Upgrades
- Substation replacement
- Office upgrade
- HVAC Upgrade/replacement
- Heat Exchanger/pump replacement
- Sprinkler Upgrades
- Fire and Gas Upgrades
- Road upgrades, traffic management around site
- Fully responsible for the management of a portfolio of projects based at a client’s Pharmaceutical Plant
- Clients primary focal point for allocated projects from kick off to close out
- Experience of Projects from FEED to Construction/Commissioning & Closeout (Pharma experience strongly preferred)
- Responsible for the safe delivery of projects to budget and schedule
- Ensure good communication between engineering disciplines
- Maintain effective dialogue with other project engineers, Delivery Team leader, Engineering manager.
- Manage project changes effectively
- Ensure an effective risk management process is adopted
- Provide HSE leadership within sphere of influence
- Responsible for estimation of scopes at each stage of a project life cycle
- Effective coordination of all elements of the project, with a hands-on, can-do attitude where necessary
- Good stakeholder management and client interfacing skills
- Ensure Roles, Responsibilities and Accountabilities are fully understood by the project team, including sub-contractors
- Development of relationships with internal and external customers and organisations
Wood has a collaborative maintenance contract with Ampol to deliver leading maintenance services to their Lytton site.
We are currently sourcing an Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance Planner to join the Wood team at the Ampol Refinery based in Lytton, Brisbane - on a permanent contract. Ideally the successful person will have a background in Refining, Oil & Gas or Heavy Industry.
You will be responsible for preparing scheduled approved work orders for execution by appropriate teams. You will be required to interrogate SAP for information required to prepare work orders, enter collected data following execution and close out jobs.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
- Interrogate SAP and extract approved and scheduled work orders
- Determine the scope of activity required to execute the work order and return equipment to service
- Package the work as a work pack with the tasks, disciplines, materials, specialist vendors, PMCs and other services required to execute the work order
- Maintain overview of the constraints on execution to ensure that the work is scheduled at a time when the correct materials, resources, and plant is available
- Collect recorded information and data from the execution team and enter into SAP
- Maintain integrity of SAP Maintenance Management System, PM Work Orders, Corrective Work Orders, recording of Work History and sign-off of WO's
- Liaise with Integrated Planner on matters relating to 90 Day / 28 Day / Shutdown / Ad-hoc plans.
Wood is recruiting an Advance Scaffolder - Offshore, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the scaffolding work scope is completed safely and to a high standard
- Reports directly to Services Supervisor, but will normally work under the direction of the scaffolding foremen
- Control and direct a team of scaffolders working independently on a platform or at a remote location
- Ensure approved procedures are adopted for the erection, modification and dismantling of all types of scaffolding
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable workpack / job card instructions, associated procedures, and drawings / sketches
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi - discipline team
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Pipeline Engineers to join our team in Brisbane on a 12 months contract.
- Preparation and review of engineering design documents
- Responsible for pipeline design including tie-ins and crossing, right of way, development of alignment sheets and construction work packs
- GIS familiarity
- Provide technical guidance to designers
- Liaise with inter-discipline engineers, designers and specialist to understand project requirements.
- Assist in discipline front end and detailed design input to engineering projects
- Provide technical guidance and support to the project teams and clients
- Responsible for study, design, specification, and services related to the engineering discipline
Wood requiere contratar para proyecto minero en ejecución un/a Gerente de Area. Los gerentes de área son responsables por la ejecución de los paquetes verticales. Deberán velar por el cumplimiento de los objetivos del Proyecto en lo que respecta a su área, para lo cual tendrán un equipomultidisciplinario de profesionales aportados por las áreas funcionales
Wood está en la búsqueda de un Supervisor Control de Proyectos Pleno para proyecto desarrollando en provincia, de acuerdo con los siguientes requisitos:
- Actualizar programación y el control de un portafolio de proyectos, cumpliendo con los plazos y costos establecidos en los contratos de obra
- Comunicación asertiva entre el equipo de control de proyectos, control de costos, supervisor senior de proyectos
- A cargo de actualizar la línea base de los cronogramas y costos en los proyectos
- Realizar actualización de cronogramas, progreso y productividad de recursos, monitorear y verificar costos e ingresos mensuales; así como control de cambios
- Desarrollar los reportes de avance del portafolio de proyectos en Power Asta, Primavera P6 y Prism G2
- Elaborar informes de estado de proyectos semanales y mensuales (análisis de valor ganado y estimado del costo al término del proyecto. Control de los presupuestos de los proyectos, proyecciones de flujo de caja y forecast
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for a Proposal Coordinator to be responsible for coordinating high-quality responses to customer inquiries, including initial pursuits of opportunities, requests for information, solicitation of interests, pre-qualifications, and requests for proposals.
This role is open for flexible working location within UK.
Summary of responsibilities include:
- To provide support to the Business in winning work and acquiring business through the development of prequalification and proposal submissions
- Development and completion of compelling prequalification and tender documents that meet customer requirements
- Document formatting and grammatical review of documentation
- Undertake general administrative tasks including inbox management and email distribution to appropriate individuals
- Use of client online portals and management/ distribution of client communications
- Collate and issue any correspondence as required – e.g. raise Tender Queries and coordinate feedback received from the various departments to our clients
- Liaise with teams and hold skype calls as necessary to provide updates and track tender progress.
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Instrument Engineers with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Contributing to the delivery of Engineering excellence through:
Executing assigned scopes of work.
Supporting and supervising task delegation to team.
Providing discipline expertise to the business.
Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
Manage and supervise direct reports.
Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
Provide discipline support to the business.
Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution. Core Values and Behaviours:
Provide leadership in promoting, demonstrating the company core values, ethics policy and leadership framework.
Interact with team members in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Competent in the execution of standards, processes and procedures to effect delivery of operations excellence.
Competent in knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation.
Competent in own discipline to provide support to the business.
Demonstrate current knowledge with industry and technology development within discipline.
Demonstrate continual professional development.
Communication in written and spoken forms.
Participate in audit and incident investigations as required.
Project management (basic).
Deputising for principal as required.
Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
Executing assigned personal objectives
Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
Wood is recruiting for our busy Built Environment team. We are looking for project management professionals across all levels of experience. We work on a diverse and exciting range of projects across the UK in both the public and private sectors. We are particularly keen to hear from you if you have defence, education or residential development experience and/or are a registered NEC PM.
The role will be tailored to your level of experience but is likely to include:
- Developing project management documentation including project management plans, cost estimates and forecasts, risk registers, project schedules, stakeholder registers
- Developing and maintaining project schedules
- Monitoring and controlling budgets and preparing financial forecasts
- Contract management and contract administration including change management
- Managing changes to project scope
- Managing work being performed by project team members, ensuring outputs meet the project requirements
- Developing and maintaining project deliverables, information, and records
- Performance management and reporting
- Effectively and accurately communicating relevant project information to others in the business
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams consisting of technical/professional staff and suppliers
- Fostering and growing excellent relationships with clients
- Managing project proposals including determining project requirements, scope, resources, schedule and the budget for delivering the project
To be successful in this role you must have a can-do attitude and possess the following behaviours:
- High level of communication (including using the phone)
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
Wood is seeking an electrically biased Associate Director to join the Building Engineering team. The team has been recently formed to support multi-disciplinary design projects within the expanding Built Environment business unit and to develop new opportunities for further growth.
The Built Environment team comprises of architects, masterplanners, civil engineers, ground remediation engineers and transport planners who work alongside colleagues from the wider business to deliver a broad range of projects across multiple sectors, including defence, industrial and education.
You will take a key role in the establishment and subsequent growth of the team, initially supporting projects as the electrical design engineer before moving towards a leadership role as the team grows.
The role requires you to:
× Have a proven track record in leading multi-disciplinary projects from concept through to completion, where you have taken responsibility for both the deliverables and the financial performance (in terms of fee) of the project.
× Nurture existing client and architectural relationships and develop new ones with the aim of securing new and repeat business
× Be able to work independently on all technical aspects of electrical design with minimal supervision
× Have the ability and experience to lead and support a team of engineers and technicians
× Be driven to deliver both in terms of quality and timescale
The role will be based in our Leamington Spa office.
Wood is currently recruiting for .Net Developer role. Software Developer writes, debugs, executes and maintains the source code for software applications. Typically works under the direction of a Lead Developer.
- Designs and develops new functionality and enhances existing products/solutions following core principles, practices, architectural and security standards
- Writes well designed, high-quality, well-tested and clean code following SOLID principles
- Actively involves and contributes in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including troubleshooting and fixing problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Provides accurate effort estimations, supports the development of user requirements, testing plans and deployments
- Conducts code reviews and advocates for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Offshore Wind Consultant to join the expanding technical services team based in Hamburg supporting the Renewables industry across Europe and Globally.
This position can be availble on a hybrid or remote working basis across Germany.
The Offshore Wind Consultant will lead diverse techinical advisory assignments providing key technical and commercial analysis to clients across a range of different Offshore Wind Projects at varying stages of development and or operation.
The successful candidate will leverage their existing network and skills to develop leads and project manage consultancy assignments.
This is an excellent opportunity for a consultant with extensive experience across the Offshore Wind industry who thrives in an environment where they have a variety of exposure to multiple different types of advisory projects and the opportunity to continue to expand thier knowledge and experience.
The successful indivdual will be an excellent communicator in English with the ability to manage numerous stakeholders of varying levels of technical understanding both internally and with the client.
- Lead diverse technical advisory assignments for offshore wind energy projects (incl. for example technical due diligence for project finance or investment, construction monitoring)
- Review and analyse offshore wind farm projects in development, construction or operation. This will include for example review of technical aspects of construction and operation contracts, project cost estimates and project programme
- Preparation of technical specifications, bid evaluation, negotiation with suppliers, design review, site supervision and quality control
- Lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams
- Reporting on projects internally and to clients
- Providing technical and general support to clients and internally to other business units
- Maintain local relationship with clients and subcontractors to further grow Woods business in the region
- Attend conferences and present Woods services and capabilities to clients and business partners
- Continuously monitoring work to ensure QSE compliance
- Conducting project site visits and client meetings in Europe
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Wind Energy Analyst to join their expanding technical advisory team based in Hamburg supporting the Onshore and Offshore Wind industry across Europe and Globally.
This position can be availble on a hybrid or remote working basis across Germany.
The Wind Energy Anaylst will be responsible for a variety of commercial and non-commercial wind analysis and due diligence based tasks.
This will include undertaking analysis of wind and operational data, including SCADA data, to predict the energy output of wind farm projects for a variety of clients, developers, lenders, investors and other project stakeholders.
As such, the successful candidate will be expected to advance and develop Wood’s position as a market leading consultancy in providing wind farm development consultancy services.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an indivdual with previous analytical and due diligengence experience to gain valuable exposure across a wide range of different projects and tasks across Europe and to continue developing thier knowledge and experience within the onshore wind sector.
- Analysis and interpretation of measured wind data
- Modelling of wind flow using linear and non-linear wind flow models. Familiarity with Meteodyn and Ansys Wind Modeller software considered as an advantage
- Calculation of energy yield assessment and technical losses.
- Written and verbal communication of technical detail to a non-technical audience
- Management of projects and budgets
- Client interfacing and relationship management
- Due diligence of third party energy yield assessment reports
- Awareness of the market and on-going innovation in technology and research
- Mentoring of less experienced team members
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Lead Process Engineer / Manager to join the Alamlyk Project Directorate team in Milan and work closely with our client on a Copper Concentrator project in Uzbekistan. This position has responsibility for executing Process design activities through the project development life cycle working closely with Wood offices around the world. This position requires strong technical, managerial and business leadership skills. The candidate shall be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment providing engineering expertise in Copper Concentrator operations and engineering organizations. A key component of the role is also the technical liaison between the Client and the WOOD offices and as part of the directorate be the focal point for the Process Engineering. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Job location is Milan Italy with travel to Uzbekistan as required by the business.
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile, Lima, Peru and Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Working very closely with the client team to develop the optimal fast track project execution plan
- Working closely with Wood offices globally to develop and deliver the necessary studies and projects
- Training the client team regarding project mining study and project execution
- Providing technical execution skills related to process engineering
- Ability to secure consulting work by establishing and maintaining client relationships and developing business leads and work opportunities
- Soliciting work and preparing proposals and bids for all levels of study and engineering projects
- Supporting continuous development of company cost and design databases
- Scope definition, budget and proposal preparation for process consulting projects.
- Providing specialist technical input, leadership and management on multi-disciplinary studies and projects including as mineral processing lead on consulting studies and mining projects
- Ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with Wood standards
- Managing interactions between client teams
- Actively supporting business development activities through participation in conferences and strategic client relationship management
- Ensuring compliance with company health and safety policies, project management and commercial procedures
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior DevOps Engineer role. DevOps engineers act as infrastructure developers, and they have hands-on involvement in building deployment and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of cloud and on-promise infrastructures, and infrastructure support services such as monitoring.
- Works as a member of the solution delivery team collaborating with several stakeholders including IT services to ensure that the team and client have an understanding of operational requirements, and takes shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure for delivering and running software services
- Takes ownership of solutions infrastructure including automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines) to provide reliability, security, scalability, automation, performance, availability, and cost management
- Hands-on implementation and configuration work to get projects off the ground, evaluate and drive improvements to existing infrastructure
- Act as an interface between product (software/applications) development and operational end-users. Enable solutions to be deployed in the cloud, bundle up solutions and make them available to the client
Wood is looking for a Project P&O Business Partner - Senior, to be assigned to Tashkent, Uzbekistan for a mining project in execution phase. The People & Organisation (P&O) Business Partner is responsible for the delivery of the people agenda in their area of operational responsibility, partnering with managers in the business, providing advice and counsel in people management practices in support of delivering and executing the business plan.
The role provides guidance and coaching for effective people management, and is responsible for developing and implementing solutions to support leaders across the entire employee life-cycle and acts as counsel on people related issues, forming robust stakeholder relationships with customers, with a significant amount of influence required.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities:
- Act as key support to business managers, ensuring delivery of P&O objectives through effective relationships and engagement with Shared Services and Centres of Expertise
- Responsible for day to day P&O decisions, ensuring that support and advice are aligned with both business and functional objectives
- May lead and/or execute the implementation of P&O programmes across the employee life cycle
- Identify, understand and address areas of risk in area of responsibility through robust people
- Lead complex case management, supported by P&O Coordinators and Advisors, Shared Services and Centres of Expertise
- Pro-actively contribute to the business decision making process by providing guidance and advice across all areas of the employee life cycle
- May lead and / or execute the delivery of P&O tasks during acquisition and integration activities in area of responsibility
- Coaches and influences managers to develop their leadership efficacy in line with Wood culture,values and behaviours
- Drives robust people development and performance management throughout the business area, to build and retain skills needed to deliver the operational business in the short to medium term
- Coaches and influences managers
- Promotes the talent management process within business area and understands the benefits of such process
- Understand reward methodology and oversees reward decisions for managers served business area
- Gain good understanding of recruitment plan for managers served and takes an active involvement in selection of key and / or strategic roles.
- Act as representative for the company at appropriate industry, client, trade union events/forums.
- Support development and succession opportunities within the P&O team
- Work in partnership with Shared Services & Centres of Expertise to ensure and assure P&O service excellence within agreed KPIs
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of P&O metrics and robust analysis and
recommendations in support of business decisions
- Advise and influence the business in the way they plan, lead and manage change and its impact on people and working practices
- Support employee communication and engagement
- Support and participate in emergency response activities
- Support the creation of an organisational culture which fosters innovation and collaboration,
continuous improvement and change
- Responsible for P&O policy application, ensuring compliance with relevant group standards,
regulatory requirements and operating procedures
- Assure quality on all aspects of delivery, proactively seeking and addressing customer feedback
- Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the group’s standards and policies