Click column header to sort
Wood is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Planner with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Creating and managing all short / medium term MAP Plans and Schedules updating and reissues plans as required
- As the Hub MAP process owner ensuring full compliance criteria are met and managed effectively
- Ensures that maintenance work orders (PMs, CMs) are aligned with vendor supported / CAP activities to minimize equipment downtime
- Works closely with the Hub Integrated Asset Planner, Maintenance and Engineering Superintendent. (MES), Discipline engineers and Offshore Production & Maintenance Supervisors and offshore teams to ensure that vendor / CAP activities can be fully supported by platform resources
- Regularly review the Integrated Asset Plan (IAP) / MAP and schedule, identify SIMOPs, constraints and deferrals to resolve conflicts and ensure that the plan is achievable
- Attends all IAP / MAP meetings, support the Platform Superintendent, MES and act as a maintenance planning focal point to resolve all maintenance related issues
- Generate maintenance reports for the aid in the planning process
- Reviews work outside of 120 - day window to all outage scopes are considered
- Liaises with Job Sponsors and Hub Material Focal Point to ensure that all preparations are in place to execute scheduled maintenance jobs
- Regularly reviews resource loading, levels resources considering Hub priorities, production / business constraints and resource availability
- Analyze Maintenance KPI dashboard reports and distribute results ensuring any trends or issues are raised to the appropriate activity owners
- Raising of Deferrals for the grouping of tasks or alignment to outages
Til vårt kontor i Sandefjord søker vi en ny fagleder (Main Principal Lead) til avdelingen Project Planning & Control. Som fagleder vil du ha fagansvaret for plan, kost og LCI/DCC i selskapet. Du vil få personalansvar for 15 svært kompetente og dyktige medarbeidere. I denne stillingen vil du være engasjert i prosjekter samtidig som du skal utøve ledelse og drive utvikling. Stillingen krever at du har erfaring fra plan og/eller kostkontroll i prosjekter, og fortrinnsvis fra olje- og gassindustrien.
Wood requiere contratar para su línea de servicio de Medio Ambiente e Infraestructura Supervisores de Sondajes geotécnicos (diamantinos) para proyectos en el área de la cordillera de Copiapó y sector de Calama.
Wood is recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to support our Environment & Infrastructure International (E&II) business. Reporting to the Vice President of F&A, this role will provide 'real time' support and analysis to the business. You will be a trusted adviser and will add value that will assist in decision-making for the Business Unit. You will have the ability to understand your stakeholders and to communicate and deliver information in a clear and user-friendly manner. It is this mix of analytical, commercial and communication skills which are extremely critical for this role.
This role will be based in either Newcastle upon Tyne (Gosforth) or Glasgow however the successful candidate would be Home-Based initially due to current Covid safety measures within our business.
The successful candidate will be leading business partnering support to the E&IS business as an integral part of the respective business unit management teams providing finance and decision-making support through building relationships with the wider Wood finance team and promoting closer links with Operations. The focus is being a trusted business partner and custodian of the management accounting numbers for the E&IS business Operations worldwide service lines.
- Produce a Consolidated Monthly Financial report pack which provides robust commentary to all variances across the E&IS business.
- Support the business by producing a variety of reports and analysis. Such reporting will include but not limited to:
- Project report
- Cost Management
- Gross Margin Analysis
- Detailed backlog analysis
- Billability and Utilisation analysis - e.g. engineering downtime, admin time booked etc.
- Bridges direct and indirect project reports
- Capacity graphs (outlook)
- SGA Analysis
- DSO reporting and working capital management
- Consolidation of Key account analysis, e.g. Accrued Sales, project cost accruals
- other KPI’s that may develop over time
- Supervision and leadership to finance function as required
- Responsible for the preparation and consolidation of all budgeting and forecasting for E&IS Business. This will involve working across the service lines and supporting Service Line Leads, often translating their business strategies into financial terms.
- Contribute to the development of Service line strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Support the client bid process, providing costing information and input into sales pricing.
- Further input on financial terms obtaining input from commercial and contracts where appropriate.
- Work with Operations identifying trigger points where tax input is needed and work with our colleagues in tax to find the most compliant and cost-effective solution. Identify profit generating initiatives and opportunities that improve financial outcomes.
- Assist and manage where appropriate audits as directed, ensuring accurate and timely information upon request.
- Provide financial external compliance support to other areas of the Wood business when the need arises.
- Where dormant entities exist within TCS E&IS and it is under your remit to eliminate these entities as part of the company entity rationalisation plan.
- Seek internal training for any gaps in local knowledge.
- Provide support to the regional finance managers as and when required.
- Ensuring that business is always in line with group policies and procedures.
- Be part of the new initiatives and lead where possible
- High level of decision influence particularly.
- Using experience, qualification, and judgement around the application of policies and IFRS requirements
- Senior Operational Leadership, Finance and Team meetings
- Good level of persuasion needed when providing financial input and advise to support the business.
Wood is currently recruiting for a UK Statutory Reporting Lead to ensure all regional compliance activities within the individual’s area of control are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
This involves the completion of legal entity statutory accounts in line with deadlines and working closely with Group Finance to ensure that the audit process for UK legal entities are managed appropriately.
The individual will also be involved in ensuring that each legal entity is compliant, and processes are well controlled for tax purposes (both direct and indirect). Further areas of involvement will extend to company policy and process review, development of technical advice and legal entity closure.
This will require the management of a team and to demonstrate influencing skills with business management and other functions.
Key accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Assist the UK Region Finance Centre (RFC) Manager to ensure that the team is functioning properly, are fully trained to perform the roles and continue to develop and adapt as the function evolves
- Management of the team on a daily basis ensuring that tasks are being completed in line with deadlines
- A key point of contact across Finance teams and acting as a point of escalation for the Business to ensure customer service levels are maintained, and issues dealt with promptly
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of the legal entity statutory accounts, ensuring that there is supporting information held for all balances and disclosures reported, and that deadlines for returns are met
- Management of the UK statutory audit process for each legal entity and acting as a key focal point for the external auditors, working together with Group function to ensure there is a clear timetable and structure for the audits
- Act as a focal point for the outsourced tax professionals and Group Tax, ensuring that the overall tax analysis collection process is managed and co-ordinated in a proper manner
- Assist the UK RFC Manager with planning for transition of activity to Delhi Finance Service Centre, change management and execution of the transition
- Support the VAT return submission process as required and ensure performing in line with expectations and timelines
- Assist the Legal Entity Rationalisation team to ensure that requirements are met for ongoing entity closures
- Assist the UK RFC Manager with scheduled roll-in of activity into the UK RFC, including engagement with the businesses during the Enterprise workshops, and ensuring that appropriate materials are shared for planning purposes
- Ensure that standard operating procedures for processes carried out in the team are developed and maintained
- Support the business on ad-hoc queries relating to technical, direct and indirect tax matters, as and when required
Wood has an immediate entry level role for a Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineer to be located in our Perth office. We have world class engineering capability in the fields of Vibration, Dynamics and Noise (VDN) and this role sits within the Rotating Equipment and Reliability team who are specialists in their field.
Our ideal candidate will be keen to tackle technical challenges solving complex vibration, pulsation and machinery performance and this role will be of interest if:
- you want to develop your engineering skills and practical design experience in vibration and rotating equipment
- you want to be part of a worldwide team of experts that share your interest in solving design challenges
- you are keen to travel to client facilities in sometimes remote locations to perform complex and challenging test-work and open to sometime working at heights
- you are an enthusiastic learner keen to work with a variety of customers and cultures
These and many other advantages are associated with Wood – vibration, dynamics and noise (VDN). We demonstrate technical excellence in resolving the causes and effects of vibration in rotating equipment and machinery providing engineering solutions and services improving the integrity and performance.
In working in this specialist team you will:
- Perform detailed analysis of balance of plant data using a range of portable systems
- Assist with investigations, providing technical input for equipment failures and troubleshooting projects, alignments, balancing, ODS (Operational Deflection Shape) and RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Assist in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Manage, implement and improve vibration, lubrication and thermography based predictive maintenance programs including on-site data collection, analysis and determination of recommendations for rotating equipment
- Execute maintenance strategies and programs for clients whilst seeking opportunities to improve them utilising the latest in data analytics techniques
- Identify opportunities to improve client plant reliability, availability and/or performance, collaborating with clients to turn to their advantage
- Assist with RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) and FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis)
- Work with world-class industry experts who are pushing the edge of technological envelope
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Telecommunication Engineer to join our team on a 6 months contract based at our Melbourne CBD Office. Reporting to the Lead E&I Engineer, the successful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering brownfields oil & gas modification projects for our client.
- Under direction is responsible for the execution of a significant piece of engineering work. When necessary, supervises more junior engineers within the same area of responsibility
- Must be familiar with relevant codes, client Design Specifications and procedures, and have a thorough working knowledge of the latest design and analytical techniques.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Cost Controller to form part of our project team on a 6 months contract based at our Melbourne CBD Office. Reporting to the Project Controls Lead, a key focus of your role will be to identify opportunities, to reduce costs, improve work force productivity and improve the accuracy and efficiency of processes for monthly reporting requirements.
- Monitoring and controlling cost activities through all phases of project lifecycle
- Supporting the implementation of project cost management programmes that provide an accurate reflection of project performance at a project and programme level
- Ensuring that cost reports are delivered on time and within the guidelines of the project controls processes and procedures
- Developing project budgets in accordance with project estimate and WBS
- Liaising with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, to maintain awareness of project activities and their impact on the project budget
- Producing updates to project cost forecasts
- Issuing project change orders / variations in accordance with engineering and construction change notifications.
Wood está en búsqueda de Inspector de Frente para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Región Metropolitana consistente en Inspección Técnica de Obras Civiles.
Wood está en búsqueda de un Supervisor para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Región Metropolitana consistente en Inspección Técnica de Obras Civiles.
Are you a Mechanical Engineer EIT or PE with facility HVAC and plumbing experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
The San Antonio, TX office is seeking a junior-mid level Mechanical Engineer candidate with design and analysis experience in infrastructure HVAC and Plumbing systems to support the Infrastructure Branch HVAC/Energy Practice. Primary focus for project work will be assessing HVAC, plumbing, and energy systems, systems modeling, assist and prepare construction drawing package consisting of drawings, specifications, cost opinion, schedule and design analysis for new and/or retrofit projects. Typical projects include facility renovations, systems repair/replacement, and new facilities for industrial and Department of Defense clients worldwide, with construction values ranging from hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. The position may also support other infrastructure projects and other Wood offices’ projects. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment. Our ideal candidate is a professional that seeks challenging work and be part of a growing service line in San Antonio.
- Assists and develops technical studies and design packages within defined schedule, and client needs and budget requirements.
- Assists lead engineer(s) in HVAC and plumbing system(s) site assessments and data collection; system(s) modeling; equipment sizing and criteria selection.
- Executes facility mechanical engineering HVAC and plumbing designs IAW applicable codes and standards.
- Evaluates sustainable equipment/material opportunities for new construction and renovation projects.
- Performs field energy audits and equipment assessments to support equipment upgrade decisions.
- Generates design analyses, drawing plans, specifications and cost estimates.
- Significant CADD work with AutoCAD MEP and/or REVIT.
- Supports proposals generation.
- Performs site verification on construction projects.
Wood está en búsqueda de Inspector Eléctrico para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Región Metropolitana consistente en Inspección Técnica de Obras Civiles. La persona deberá desempeñarse como supervisor de las obras eléctricas en los distintos contratos que lo requieran.
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Contracts Manager to join our U.S. Government contracts and compliance team. This position provides essential value-added support across multiple business operations to pursue, negotiate, and administer US Government contracts with a wide range of Department of Defense and Civilian contracting agencies. Wood performs an exciting and diverse portfolio of architect-engineering, environmental consulting, and construction managements projects of varying sizes and durations around the world.
Work Location: Open to any Wood office in the US and/or remotely based. Preference would be for the potential candidate to sit in a Wood office.
This position promotes compliance with US Government contract requirements and corporate commercial policies and procedures covering such issues as tender governance, delegated authorities, contract management, surety bonds, and joint ventures. The successful candidate will be proactively engaged in the lifecycle of government contracts from the pre-award stage, including preparation of compliant proposals in response to solicitations showcasing the depth of Wood’s qualifications and experience, through the post-award stage, including change management, dispute resolution and timely close-out. This position regularly communicates various contract matters with project teams and Wood management. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of government contract requirements and be able to effectively guide project teams and Wood management through viable courses of action to secure contractual entitlement to time and money while mitigating or avoiding the risk of costly contractual disputes. The successful candidate will have a strong background in government contracts and understanding of complex architect-engineering, environmental consultancy and construction contracting. Duties entail managing the tender review process; conducting contract reviews and negotiations; performing contract administration activities, including contract close-out; handling surety bonds and contract-specific insurance requirements; advising on contract changes, requests for equitable adjustment, and dispute resolution; reviewing and negotiating teaming agreements, confidentiality agreements, and joint venture agreement; among other related activities.
Wood are currently seeking a Project Co-ordinator on a staff basis to join our Downstream business based over in Ellesmere Port. This is a site based role and will require extensive experience within the oil and gas sector.
- To provide a co-ordination service for internal and external stakeholders in atmospheric storage tank design, repair and associated steelwork and piping.
- To provide the Project with accurate, informed interpretation of the specified Project Technical Requirements. Providing support to the Project management and site team on all matters technical.
- Providing some management support to the site manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist developing the design and construction strategies for the work
- Undertake site visits where required for information gathering, measuring, and inspection
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to gather all available information to allow engineering work to commence
- Develop project specific document deliverable registers and maintain the registers up to date with the latest revisions
- Ensure we are working to the latest approved client standards on any particular project
- Undertake temporary works Co – Ordinator role in line with construction needs
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
- Communicate with chargehands and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works with the support of the HSSE advisor
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
- Undertake any reasonable duties expected of you.
- Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management.
- Carry out all work in accordance with health and safety and any other legal requirements.
- Participate in team/business meetings as necessary.
- Day-to-day management of the project team, co-ordinating with all departments
- Manage and raise Technical Queries
- Work with Planner to update the Contract Programme on a weekly basis with progress/updates
Wood está en búsqueda de un Experto en Prevención de Riesgos para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Región Metropolitana consistente en Inspección Técnica de Obras Civiles.
Wood is currently looking to recruit an Accountant to join its Aberdeen based team.
To ensure all regional accounting activities within the individual’s area of control are completed in an accurate and timely manner, providing quality support to leverage the business to maximise their partnering activities. This involves the provision of timely reporting of financial data internally to business stakeholders and within wider region finance team. Financial reporting will extend to forecasts, budgets, and reporting to local functions, together with approval of certain balance sheet reconciliations each month. The individual will be involved in co-ordination and posting of regional allocations including but not limited to IT, Insurance and Real Estate.
The role will predominately support the Technical Consulting Solutions business in Wood. The UK Region Finance Centre function have been working from home since March and continue to successfully support the businesses that we work with. Prior to, and during this time we have performed virtual handovers with other Finance personnel in Wood and are therefore experienced and confident in how to handle knowledge transfer in the current circumstances.
- Overhead (SGA and Indirect) reporting during month end close in Oracle, ensuring overheads are reported correctly in Hyperion, and delivering monthly overhead reporting complete with commentary to the Business and local functions
- Responsible for the preparation of overhead budgets, rolling forecast and mid-year forecast, with agreement of local functions, working in conjunction with the Business
- Ensuring allocations are posted correctly per business and legal entity i.e. RES, IT, Insurance, Management and License Fees
- Support the planning and transition of activities into the UK RFC
- Act as a focal point for internal and external audits, working in conjunction with the Business, to ensure ongoing queries and information requests are completed in a timely and proper manner
- Balance sheet reconciliation approval for non-judgemental reconciliations, ensuring sign-off of the completeness and accuracy of reconciliation is completed. This includes working directly with the shared services team on behalf of the business to resolve reconciliation queries
- Liaising with the RFC Compliance and Controls team, to ensure all information is received as required for legal entity statutory reporting, working in conjunction with the business where required for additional analysis for disclosures
- Execution of various ad hoc financial analysis and tasks as and when required
Wood is currently recruiting for a Business Systems Support Lead to work within the Business Systems Support team and support the Wood Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) Fusion application. This is a permanent staff position and we would be happy to consider someone based in the UK or the USA.
The Business Systems Support (BSS) team is a cross-functional team focused on the delivery of functional and technical support for the Wood business system applications across the Finance & Accounting and People & Organisation functions. The P&O BSS multi disciplined team consolidates end-to-end system application support for the hire-to-retire and employee life cycle processes, projects and enhancements, and deployments.
- Lead the Quarterly Oracle HCM system patch enhancements including a review of patch information notes. Gain agreement of proposed, recommended and mandatory enhancements. Support test script writing, test execution and regression testing including management of defects raised, following up with technical support where required
- Support the HR Business Systems Support Manager in Oracle HCM system improvement and enhancement projects including discovery, configuration, testing, deployment and documentation
- Identify and challenge user experience issues. Provide training and communication of changes to users, business stakeholders and support teams
- Provide support and input to the new businesses across Wood adopting Oracle HCM, providing system specific understanding and support including change management
- Work with Global business and technical teams to identify system solutions to improve user experience or fulfill functionality gaps. Work with Global teams to define end to end business processes
- Provide support on Oracle HCM special projects, driving initiatives and strategies set by business leaders, in co-ordination with operational and technical teams
To ensure optimum system configuration of the Wood Oracle HCM solution, across Global Core HR and Compensation modules
Troubleshoot system issues and challenges across the Oracle HCM modules
Drive continuous improvement and enhancement of the Oracle HCM solution aligning with Wood policies, procedures and end to end business processes
Act as a key business focal point and functional SME for Oracle HCM striving toward first class technological solutions
Identify opportunities for automated solutions working with HR Systems & Projects Manager to set technological priorities and explore application capabilities
Wood is seeking practical, engaged engineers and architects to join our busy Built Environment team in hands-on design and management roles. We have a growing order book of predominantly publicly-funded projects from an established and growing client base and need committed and experienced professionals to help deliver it.
As a mid-career professional with a degree in engineering or architecture, you will be the lynchpin between understanding our clients’ needs and delivering our technical solution. You will lead project teams of in-house and supply chain specialists, responsible for all aspects of delivery including managing scope, risks, schedule, health and safety, and financial performance.
Working with a team of designers, engineers, planners and environmental experts, you must understand and challenge all aspects of the design process, including interpreting user requirements, applying technical standards, developing concept designs, technical report writing and presenting to clients and wider specialists. This is a hands-on role, you will be expected to undertake many elements of the work yourself, as well as managing others’ contributions.
You will be responsible for fostering client relationships and identifying opportunities to add value to client projects and programmes, including preparing bid documents.
Why Wood? Wood works globally with a range of private and public customers for the planning, design and contract supervision of all kinds of built environment developments. Our experience also spans master planning, urban design and a host of complementary environmental and engineering services, as well as infrastructure solutions from water and power to transportation. We have a global perspective, but think innovatively to find solutions to local needs, meeting the need for urban and rural development in an increasingly complex and connected world.
Our teams are currently working from home due to covid-19. If successful you have the option to be a permanent home worker or be assigned to one of our UK offices. Your immediate colleagues are based in the Leamington Spa and Reading offices.
WOOD is recruiting a Permit Coordinator to join our team in Brunei.
To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent construction Permit Coordinator / Author capability in accordance with the project requirements, standards, and procedures for the BSP Facilities Rejuvenation Project,
The principal responsibilities of the Permit Coordinator are:
- Overall responsibility to the Construction Coordinator for the creation of a safe control of work activities in accordance with the project procedures. This includes the creation of all Work Control Certificates (WCC)
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the WCC created are completed safely and to a high standard
- Will attend the required permit vision mandatory training and be required to achieve the required authorizations from BSP Operations
- Be familiar and efficient in the use of the computer - based tool commonly referred to as Integrated Safe System of Work (ISSOW) provided for issuing of Work Permits and in case of system unavailability, the paper - based version
- Ensure all WCC are in accordance with applicable work pack / job card instructions, associated procedures, and drawings / sketches
- Liaising closely with the Area Authority (AA) & Performing Authority (PA) when planning WCCs to ensure all the appropriate mechanical / process / electrical hazards and controls have been identified for that task
- Ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment has been carried out for the task, i.e. Level 1 or Level 2 RA
- Ensure that all documentation associated with the WCC is attached; including but not limited to: Isolation Control Certificates, marked up drawings or P&IDs, Task Risk Assessment, COSHH Manual Handling Certificate and electrical safety documents (Electrical Permit to Work, Sanction for Test, Limitation of Access)
- To advise and support construction personnel on the installation / site to ensure a greater awareness and safer operation of the system
- Provide support to trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi - discipline Risk Assessment Team
- Ensure applicable WCC is in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner
- Ensure appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) is in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the (P.T.W.) work scope is completed safely and to a high standard
- Provide support to trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi - discipline Risk Assessment Team
- Ensure applicable Permit to Work (PTW) is appropriate to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner
- Ensure Risk Assessments (RA) are appropriate to complete the work scope in a safe and controlled manner
Allied occasional duties
- Support for safety and health issues within experience and competence
- Participate in permit vision audits
- Participate and contribute to HSSE process and project Safety initiatives
- Mentor / coach engineering graduates and national engineering staff
Key internal interfaces
- Construction Superintendent
- Construction discipline supervisors including structural, piping, mechanical, scaffolding, painting, Rope access and E&I
- HSSE Team
- Work Preparation Manager
- Pre - Commissioning Team
- Completions Team
- Construction Manager
Key external interfaces
- BSP Permit Coordinators
- BSP Operations Team
- Equipment and Materials Vendors and Subcontractors
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable background in defined trade
- Demonstrable understanding of the basic principles of PTW systems
- Demonstrable understanding of O&G related HSE practices / procedures
- Offshore experience in similar role
- Demonstrable experience of BSP / Shell ISSOW PTW experience
Competencies and Personal Qualities
- English, basic - essential
- Ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to safety
- Flexible - able to comply / adapt to company / client requirements
- Ability working to and delivering to deadlines
- Ability to interact with other personnel within department
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised
- Desire to learn and develop
- Ability to work in a multi - cultural environment
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of HSE safe working practices and procedures and their implementation
- Ability to work to deadlines in an accurate consistent and structured manner
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide guidance to other team members
- Ability to follow / comply with procedures and recognized working practices
- Good understanding of project procedures and drawings
- IT Literate in major software packages (Word / Excel)
- Good understanding of the basic principles of PTW systems associated with ISSOW
Wood is recruiting for a Technical Asisstant to join our team in Brunei. The project will run over a five - year period with a possible two - year extension. Wood has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
The Technical Assistant will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for the support of Engineering delivery and its strategic implementation of improvement initiatives for overall continuous improvement. He / she will be responsible for the retrieval and collation of technical data, knowledge capture and control of information used or generated by the Engineering and Project Delivery functions. Assist the Engineering Manager in the overall management of the Engineering team and assist in data management and control, in compliance with the Contract and Engineering Execution Plans. The role will also frequently require interface with other disciplines such as Document Control, Quality, Planning, Construction, Procurement, HVEC and Client Operations.
- Accountable for safety of self and others in the work environment
- Prepare dashboards to reflect engineering performance and initiatives
- Maintain engineering records within SharePoint and One Drive
- Assist in the coordination of the bi - annual review of employee performance
- Responsible for data input, analysis, and graphical manipulation of Excel data to provide reporting support / data input / data cleansing
- Prepare technical and management reports and documentation as required by Lead Engineers and the Engineering Manager
- Responsible for knowledge capture of specific proofs of quantitative savings / benefits
- Assist in the administration of the graduate and trainee development programs with further assistance to Lead Engineers on record keeping
- Liaise with HR on personnel training and competencies records
- Assist with new hire onboarding as required by Lead Engineers
- Support the Engineering Manager in the coordination of meetings, minutes and supporting record keeping