Wood are looking for Senior Control Engineers for future workload / projects, this requirement is open to candidates looking for either permanent or contract placements.
Applicants must be British or EEA national and be able to pass a HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Senior Controls Engineer will be to:
- Develop the detailed technical solutions typically associated with the replacement of existing / obsolete Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Define scopes of work, costs and schedules
- Support the transition from concept / FEED to execution.
- Implement engineering solutions typically required to solving obsolescence, disaster recovery, cyber security and technology road maps aligned with OEM development plans
- Provide input to project execution planning
- Undertake site surveys, confirm accuracy of existing documentation
- Attend customer meetings such as the kick - off, progress meetings, technical clarifications, queries, close out and lesson learned sessions
- Typically act, under guidance, as the interface between the project and customer organisation at a technical level
- Coordinate, expedite and undertake the review of Vendor documentation in accordance with project procedures
- Produce Test Procedures
- Produce Detail Design Specifications
- Produce DCS configuration
- Produce HMI configuration
Wood Power Utilities UK have an urgent requirement for experienced Site/Setting Out Engineers to support our OHL and Underground HV Cabling projects in various locations across the UK.
These are permanent site based positions with immediate starts, so please get in touch if you feel you have the necessary skills and experience from working within the Power and Construction Industries.
You will establish the level and survey control for the contracts and set out detailed works as per contract drawings and design department liaison, ensuring stringent checks are made on a regular basis.
- Responsible for co-ordinating Overhead Line and Cabling operatives and Sub-contractors, with a requirement to liaise with clients and third parties
- Responsible for the Setting People to Work Process including Onboarding and Site Inductions.
- Responsible for ensuring the Technical solution is delivered on site in line with Wood Engineering department requirements and management systems
- Day to day Health and Safety matters of staff and sub-contractors working under your control on projects.
- Setting to Work Processes and Management
- Adequate reporting of Safety incidents and “near misses” both internally and externally as required by the client.
- Understanding and interpretation of Engineering process and Designs for Construction
- As part of the Setting People to Work process assist the Site Manager in the checking of staff competencies and ensuring that the correct training has been given for any tasks undertaken.
- Assist with the production of all Method Statements, Work Instructions and Risk Assessments as required by Safety
- Regulations and / or client for the part of the project for which you are responsible.
- Plan and co-ordinate required resources (plant, materials and labour) to carry out required projects.
- To determine material requirements and liaise with Procurement in a timely manner to ensure all materials are available to complete the project requirements.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Maths & Science Instructor with extensive hands on experience within the oil & gas, refinery or petrochemical industries to join our Team in Equatorial Guinea.
The position is located in Mongomo, Equatorial Guinea, working on a rotational basis of 6 weeks on / 6 week off.
The duration of the program is until August 2021.
The Maths & Science Instructor provides content area instruction and manages the classroom including lesson plan preparation time and an after-school meeting. Lesson plans will be developed and delivered after assessing the strengths, challenges, and opportunities of each student using student-assessment methods as prescribed by overall training program. Instructor will be teaching math & science subjects to classes of approximately 25 individuals.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students and the program
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, local Management and other professionals on a regular basis
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating
#rz #ZR # wood18
Wood is looking to recruit an Assistant Consultant to join our Air Quality team in either our London, Knutsford, Reading or Newcastle upon Tyne offices. With the requirements of the team and the expected developments in this industry, this position is open to either environmental science graduates with a strong background in data analysis, or data science graduates interested in developing a career in environmental sciences.
Our air quality team has a long track record and an exciting portfolio of contracts and clients. We are currently working on projects in a range of sectors such as transport including aviation, government, clean energy, conventional and renewable energy, mining, general industry and oil and gas in the UK and internationally.
Due to the continued success of our team, we are currently looking to recruit a high-calibre Assistant Consultant to support the delivery of projects across some or all sectors. The successful candidate will be keen to begin a career in environmental data analysis with a focus on air quality and to develop their skills at Wood, one of the world’s leading engineering, project management and consultancy companies. There will be opportunities to work on innovative software solutions. There will also be opportunities to support other teams on environment and sustainability related projects.
Wood is committed to the continued professional development of its staff. You will be supported and guided by senior colleagues, and provided with suitable training. You will have excellent opportunities to progress by furthering your technical capabilities and to explore the wider interests of our company. With us, you’ll be challenged, you’ll be encouraged to excel, you’ll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career and you’ll be proud to be part of the Wood team.
Wood is currently looking to recruit a Principal Air Quality Consultant to be based in either our London, Knutsford, Reading, Bristol, Birmingham or Newcastle office.
The Air Quality Team has an established track record and an exciting portfolio of contracts and clients in the UK and overseas.
Our team delivers a range of exciting and varied projects across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia. We work in multi-disciplinary teams delivering solutions to a broad base of client sectors including oil and gas, mining, water, government and transportation. There are opportunities to support our clients not only through EIA and planning related services but through standalone air quality projects including monitoring, due diligence, occupational exposure assessments, risk management, emissions monitoring, the drafting of good practice guidance, permitting and policy.
Due to the continuing success of our team and our growing expansion into international markets, we currently have a vacancy for a motivated, air quality professional with a proven track-record of successful delivery of Air Quality projects to key public and private sector clients with a focus on industrial air pollution control who wishes to advance their technical, project management and business development skills.
Due to an anicipated increase in work, Wood Power Solutions UK have a requirement for a Project Manager with extensive experience in managing and delivering EHV Cable Projects.
You will have substantial experience of running multi-million-pound projects safely to time and to budget and experience of working on National Grid, SSE, SPEN & similar Cabling transmission and distribution operators.
Purpose of the Role:
- Support the Director of Cabling and Estimating Team in developing and delivering tenders with the ultimate aim of securing Cabling Works
- Deliver awarded contracts safely, to time and budget
- Assist the Director of Cabling in establishing Wood Group as a leading EHV cabling services provider.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and submission of the technical, installation and programme elements of cabling tenders and then for the successful delivery and completion of any awarded schemes. Reporting to the Head of Cabling informing the Head of any issues , concerns with the foregoing.
- Assist in the preparation of win plans for strategic bids and tenders.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all stages of an assigned projects to meet the key programme milestones. Provide support and preparation for the mobilisation of new projects.
- Accountable for the approval of the scope of works, the plan and estimate for each element of the project.
- Accountable for team consistency in the preparation and presentation of project controls to be deployed on the project, including but not limited to; PMP, QA/QC
- Plan, project programme, risk & change management, EVM analysis, internal budget control and cash flow throughout.
- Prioritising the assignment of project resources and resolving conflicting requirements to actively seeking to improve and optimise project delivery.
- Ensure that performance management ethos and practice is adopted by project delivery teams.
- Achieving a consistent high standard of project programming and producing monthly reports
- Ensuring the successful resolution of issues and challenges on individual projects as required. Providing guidance and leadership and when necessary acting in the role of trouble-shooter.
- Demonstrate effective individual and collective SHE leadership and promote enthusiastic SHE culture. Manage Safety through early development incorporating life cycle designs that minimise risk to personnel. Drive the “Safety by Design” philosophy through the project delivery process.
- To work within established Company policies and procedures to address breaches of the SHE policies or management systems where necessary.
- Ensuring that any lessons learned and innovation are applied internally within the Wood T&D business.
- Enforcing standards of quality and professionalism for each stage of the project cycle.
- Monitoring compliance with, and the monitoring of NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log, NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log with sub-contractors.
- Managing the Programme of Works, Quality Plan and Project Risk Register.
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos demonstrating safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
- In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO9001:2000 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the: Health and Safety policy, Quality Policy and Environmental Policy.
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy the needs of the role
Wood is recruiting Advance Scaffolder - Offshore, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the scaffolding work scope is completed safely and to a high standard
- Reports directly to Services Supervisor, but will normally work under the direction of the scaffolding foremen
- Control and direct a team of scaffolders working independently on a platform or at a remote location
- Ensure approved procedures are adopted for the erection, modification and dismantling of all types of scaffolding
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable workpack / job card instructions, associated procedures, and drawings / sketches
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner
Wood is recruiting a Project Coordinator to join our team in Brunei. The project will run over a five - year period with a possible two - year extension. Amec Foster Wheeler has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
You will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Wood is looking at a right first - time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Contribute fully to the project management team delivering projects to the client
- Complete training objectives in Project Engineering in a timely manner
- Complete the required level of training and understanding of departments during assignments
- Complete the assignments to various departments in the timescales agreed
- Achieve the required competencies and learning in Project Engineering sufficient to enable movement to Project Engineer status
- Ensure their project is delivered in compliance with all applicable AmecFW procedures and quality, right first time
Wood is currently sourcing for Rigging / Scaffolding Foreman to join our team in PNG on a FIFO rotational basis. Reporting to the Rigging and Scaffolding Supervisor, this successful candidate will perform Scaffolding duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements. Ensure good housekeeping habits at all times and to maintain a safe worksite for yourself and fellow workers.
- Supervision of medium sized, multi skilled construction crews with multiple work assignments at one location
- Instructing the work crew on job scope and checking their work methods, output, punctuality, and job progress
- Implementing and maintaining a safe working environment adhering to correct work practices and procedures
- Working foreman with skills such as Pipefitter, Rigger
- Checking levels in scaffolding structures
- Dismantling scaffolding when they are no longer required
Wood requiere contratar para su línea de servicio de Medio Ambiente e Infraestructura, un Supervisor (a) de frentes de trabajo y control de la campaña geotécnica en terreno que tendrá como propósito garantizar la correcta ejecución de los trabajos encargados al contratista de la campaña.
Wood is currently recruiting a Marine Engineer, reporting to the Maintenance Engineer to provide effective maintenance execution/strategy delivery
- Multi-discipline support primarily for MARB but also for the field in total as identified by the Maintenance Manager
- Proactively manage HSE Critical maintenance (PM and CM) and SECE’s activities
- Visit offshore regularly and as agreed with the Maintenance Manager
- Participation in the optimisation of criticality analysis / Preventive Maintenance (PM) program
- Responsible for technical requests (M6) for relevant discipline/system, engaging with TEO/OTE. Management of M5, Y2, and Y3 SAP notifications
- Continuously assess changes in PM interval
- Participate in EPOG meetings when necessary
- Ensure quality of requisitions in cooperation with the offshore teams (parts, equipment, materials) for all preventive and corrective maintenance (PM/CM)
- Follow up requisitions and materials in cooperation with Supply Chain to ensure correct priority on delivery
- Plan Preparations for the discipline following the planning process for operations and work order plan, attend key planning meetings as agreed with Maintenance Manager/Engineer
- Responsible for preparing and close out of Independent Competent Person (ICP) corrective work M2/PM01 portfolio and initiating ORA's when required. Inclusive of the updating of V-Connect
- Responsible for maintaining Class compliance in alignment with the TEO Verification engineer
- Vendor management - responsible person for contracts/services as identified by the Maintenance Manager
- Cost input to budget forecasting and spend to support Maintenance Engineer
- Contribute to field LEAN Meetings
- Creating and handling M1 (Mods) through to M1 approvals meeting and preparing for decision gate meeting – engaging with TEO/OTE endorsements
- Creating and developing decision templates to support M1 Modifications as assigned by Maintenance Manager/Engineer
- M1 EXWO - maturing and managing execution and close out
Wood Clean Energy are looking to recruit a Senior Wind Energy Analyst to join their expanding team based in Hamburg.
This is a client facing role that would suit a highly numerate individual with a diverse set of skills and the initiative to rise to a challenge.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking analysis of wind and operational data, including SCADA, to predict the energy output of wind farm projects for a variety of clients, developers, lenders, investors and other project stakeholders.
In addition, review of third party energy yield assessment as part of due diligence assignments will be required. This activity requires a clear and demonstrable knowledge of industry standard energy yield assessment methodologies.
A variety of additional commercial and non-commercial wind analysis and due diligence based tasks will also be expected to advance and develop Wood’s position as a market leading consultancy in providing wind farm development consultancy services.
- Analysis and interpretation of measured wind data.
- Modelling of wind flow using linear and non-linear wind flow models. Familiarity with Meteodyn and Ansys Wind Modeller software considered as an advantage.
- Calculation of energy yield assessment and technical losses.
- Written and verbal communication of technical detail to a non-technical audience.
- Management of projects and budgets.
- Client interfacing and relationship management.
- Due diligence of third party energy yield assessment reports.
- Awareness of the market and on-going innovation in technology and research.
- Mentoring of junior team members.
Owing to continued growth and high demand for its services, Wood's Clean Energy business is now seeking to recruit a Principal Wind Energy Expert to join our expanding group based in Hamburg.
- Lead diverse technical advisory assignments for wind energy projects (incl. for example technical due diligence for project finance or investment, construction monitoring)
- Review and analyse wind farm projects in development, construction or operation. This will include for example review of technical aspects of construction and operation contracts, project cost estimates and project programme
- Preparation of technical specifications, bid evaluation, negotiation with suppliers, design review, site supervision and quality control
- Lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams
- Reporting on projects internally and to clients
- Providing technical and general support to clients and internally to other business units
- Continuously monitoring work to ensure QSE compliance
- Conducting project site visits in Germany and Europe
Wood is seeking to expand and develop its existing successful Transport, Planning and Design team within its Environment and Infrastructure Solutions business. We are looking for a dynamic team player to support the development of the Traffic and Highway Engineering capability.
Key private and public sector clients include organisations such as The Crown Estate, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Homes England, National Grid, and a wide range of Local Authorities and private developers.
Your role will involve the design development of traffic engineering projects from feasibility, outline design through to detailed design and implementation. Your role will also be to support senior staff members in bid preparation and to develop and mentor junior staff. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Developing traffic engineering and sustainable transport projects from feasibility through to detailed design and implementation
- Supporting senior staff with the preparation of bids and fee proposals
- Preparing technical reports, drawings and be able to present to client/stakeholders
- Ensuring technical content and deliverables are in line with project briefs and Wood’s Quality Management System
- Being a point of contact for client/stakeholder engagement
- Liaising and coordinating projects between disciplines and other Wood offices
- Undertaking health, safety and welfare and fulfil Designer duties under CDM 2015
Wood are seeking a HSSE Advisor to work on a client site in the Hertfordshire area. This will be a staff position for an ongoing project.
Provides challenge, support, assurance and expert advice on all matters relating to the Security, Safety, Health & Environment in order for location/project/contract to achieve objectives and performance targets.
- Provide positive leadership on HSSE issues and promote the adoption of SSHEQ best practice
- Promote an enthusiastic SSHEQ culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engages all employees in, continuous performance improvement
- Lead and provide functional management of HSSE personnel under their control
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSSE management system and progress against the company Performance Standards. Make recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Provide assistance and advice to the Project Manager/Location Manager with responsibility for HSSE
- Contribute to-wards developing annual HSSE objectives for Project/Location. Monitor and report on the implementation and effectiveness
- Assist with the identification of HSSE training needs and monitor delivery and recording
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the approved HSSE objectives
- Produce HSSE performance reports as required
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents. Where appropriate be involved in the investigation and ensure that the findings are reported and appropriately shared
- Review accident and incident reports. Identify any trends and ensure that there is appropriate response to prevent future occurrence
- Carry out audits / reviews as necessary to ensure compliance with processes / legislation
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Cost Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
The Senior Cost Engineer shall manage all current and future / potential cost developments in support of up-to-date cost forecasts, including cost risk analysis, contingency management and reporting to facilitate informed decision making within a project/s and/ or Engineering departments in BGC.
- Support, train, and coach Iraqi Cost Engineers’ development.
- Establishing Project Baselines and Cost Management Framework for various Portfolio Projects as they are sanctioned.
- Develop, implement and maintain the project specific WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and underlying CTR (Cost, Time, Resource) structure, populate with budget information and secure CTR owner sign-offs. Implementing BGC standard CBS (Cost Breakdown Structure) and contractor processes. Contribute to establishing consistent approach to treatment of multi-currency transactions.
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of Cost Control Processes in BGC:
- Commitment planning and recording/reporting, VOWD (Value of Work Done), Cost forecasting/phasing and Earned Value consistent with the company procedures.
- Prepare Cost Report content and conduct budget holder reviews and publish.
- Embed the Change/Trend Management process, ensure all participants are aware of their responsibilities and the different classifications of a change/trend, and ensure that appropriate changes/trends are reflected in the regular cost forecast updates.
- Prepare forecasts and review with budget holders and project management.
- Provide early warning and value adding through reviews of the various contractor cost reports.
- Develop/Prepare reports and deliver presentations as required by the project.
- Manage/facilitate risk process with Project teams ensuring linked to cost contingency management/forecasting.
- Contribute to maintaining a process/system for capturing critical project datat for historical reporitng and benchmarking
- Monetary Measures: portfolio of concurrent brownfield and greenfield projects with annual capex ~$500M at different phases of project lifecycle.
- Working with offices in several different locations.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Planning Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
To deliver & integrate all Project planning activities/deliverables for a portfolio of brownfield/ greenfield projects. Responsible for delivery of standard, consistent and realistic project plans reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project
Key Activities and accountabiligties will include;
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project
- Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements.
- Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
- Implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas.
- Implement and maintain the status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project sub-element managers.
- Prepare look ahead schedules and reporting early warnings to Project team.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Liaise with and challenge Project Engineering & Development Team to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Provide engineering and procurement needs to meet construction and shutdown plans
- Develop contract key dates, milestones and BGC plan dates that align with the overall project schedule
- Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations
- Develop contract sections for planning and progress reporting
- Review and verify contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption
- Implement and utilize the BGC standard tools and processes
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities
- Produce Project Planning closeout report and Productivity calculation
- Develop Iraqi staff through training in planning tools and techniques
- Maintain effective interfaces and good working relationships with other project teams
Addtional Comments and Monetary Measures
- Monetary Measures: portfolio of concurrent brownfield and greenfield projects with annual capex ~$500M at different phases of project lifecycle
- Functional overview of external planning engineers in various EPCM or Contractor teams
- Working with offices in several different locations
Wood (trading locally as PSN KazStroy) is currently recruiting for a Tag & Data Management Specialist with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry (KZ passport holders).
Close liaison with Wood/KSS in development of an approved IM Strategy for the Project
Liaison with other in-country Information Management contractors to analyse strengths and secure or propose potential alliances with WoodKSS.
Onshore preparation of activity/resource planning and input to Kazakhstan Local Content Plan.
Basic Functions and principal responsibilities;
Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
IM Manager will liaise with client appointed information manager contact to liaise with WoodKKS in regard to project requirements.
IM Manager is responsible and accountable for the administration of IM requirements through the duration of the project contract which will be potentially 5 years.
IM Manager shall have Major capital project IM execution experience including a thorough understanding of Document control practices.
Efficiently creates reports, dashboards, programs, BAMs, and BPMs
Creates add-on applications to perform small features on top of ERP system
Installs, documents, and tests software and hardware upgrades
Supports multiple software and hardware systems throughout the project.
Offers leadership, coaching, and training to manage staff performance
Participates in planning and designing appropriate technologies to meet the evolving needs of the business.
Responsible for product development, database administration, and application support to support all users.
Manages all information systems policies and documentation including backup strategies, user training materials, network maps, and security policies.
Makes technology-related recommendations and decisions for hardware and software acquisition.
Please be aware this is an expression of interest job role only
Job title: Rigger
Job ID: 2021-81665
Wood is looking to speak to Riggers, who are local to the Hertfordshire area, for potential work at one of it's client sites.
Purpose / Role
- To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent rigging / lifting construction service in accordance with Project Company requirements, standards and procedures whilst conforming to UK Regulations and Standards.
- To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
- To ensure all that all rigging / lifting activities are completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment.
- Demonstrable relevant experience in rigging & lifting operations
Key aims and objectives
- Read, understand and implement all applicable Project / Company requirements, standards and procedures and ensure that all rigging / lifting activities are completed in compliance with the applicable National Regulations and Standards and to a high standard of safety
- Perform rigging / lifting duties as requested by the Project / Company, ensuring that all lifting equipment and accessories are utilised in accordance with the manufacturer's operating instructions and/or recommendations.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Understanding of and development of lifting plans to enable the execution of rigging / lifting duties
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments to ensure rigging / lifting activities are completed in a safe and controlled manner
- Raise awareness of conflicting activities or unforeseen difficulties which could affect rigging / lifting operations
- Raising applicable Permit to Works in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner
- Select appropriate lifting accessories and ensure they are attached / detached between the load and lifting equipment in a correct and safe manner
- Use clear and unambiguous hand / radio signals to safely direct the actions of a crane manoeuvring loads of various weights and dimensions
- Carry out routine checks on lifting equipment and accessories in accordance with the prescribed maintenance procedure and ensure they are in a serviceable condition before and after use
- Demonstrable experience in rigging & lifting operations on plant shutdowns.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with other team members and disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety.
- Flexible and able to comply with company and client requirements
- Confident with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with other team members and disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety.
- Flexible and able to comply with company and client requirements.
- Confident with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.
Wood is currently recruiting for Smart Plant P&ID Administrator.
- Aid with technical requirements gathering and client meetings and implementing new SmartPlant PID (SPPID) build.
- Maintain the SPPID reference database for projects including transfers, reports, MTO downloads, data integrity, etc. including the customization of reports as per project requirements
- Trouble-shoot and solve P&ID problems to ensure project integrity
- Develop detailed project work instructions for users
- SPPID Administration including creating symbology, filters, reports, system maintenance, etc.Produce setup documentation detailing the SPPID setup
- Follow department and client drafting methods and standards
- Create auditing requirements and checking for quality assurance of the design effort
- Maintain and verify daily backup routines
- Help develop automation enhancements
- Design accurate system drawings, in a given time period, adjusting to project requirements