Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead C&I Commissioning Engineer to work on a rotational basis in Poland.
- Accountable for the safe and timely preparation and execution of the project instrument commissioning work scope, in adherence with project HSEQ safety targets, procedures and practices.
- Accountable for ensuring all commissioning is carried out in accordance with project commissioning specifications, standards and procedures.
- Accountable for developing the project commissioning strategy and approving procedures
- Accountable for ensuring commissioning is carried out in accordance with project schedules and budget.
- Supervise the safe completion of the project pre-commissioning/commissioning work-scope
- Supervise and support the project Commissioning Team
- Provide commissioning input to the project plans and schedules
- Develop project commissioning strategy documents
- Review/approve and supervise the design and installation of minor temporary systems / supplies
- Review and approve commissioning procedures - ensure compliance with project standards, specifications and procedures.
- Ensure all commissioning activities adhere to all applicable site / project safety procedures and practices.
- Actively participate in all company and project safety initiatives
- Liaise with the engineering office to ensure that the fabrication drawings are produced in line with commissioning requirements.
- Audit site/project activities on a regular basis to ensure all compliance with project safety, environmental, and quality requirements,
- Monitor and report commissioning progress on a regular basis
- Approve all system/sub-system mechanical completion, pre-commissioning and commissioning sign-off certificates/milestones
- Ensure a safe Permit to Work and isolation system is in place and adhered to.
- Manage/attend project HAZID's / Risk Assessments
Wood is currently recruiting for a Cost Engineer with extensive experience in the mining and minerals industry on large capital projects, including projects in remote locations and other countries, in particular third world countries.
Main Purpose of Role
- To assist the lead cost engineer and project controls manager (if applicable) in planning, monitoring and reporting the status of project manhours, indirect costs, capital costs and owner’s costs (if applicable) by applying relevant cost management methodology, procedures and systems.
- Work on either a single major project and / or provide cost control support to a number of smaller projects and studies to compile and co-ordinate the smooth running of the company projects’ and studies’ cost reports, in support of the relevant project / study managers.
- Work in a manner that supports and enhances the Amec Foster Wheeler values of:
- Delivering on promises;
- Developing full potential;
- Doing the right thing.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Projects and studies – includes the relevant duties below as agreed per project and / or study.
- Assist the lead cost engineer and project controls manager in developing cost control procedures and practices for inclusion in the project management plan. Comply with and carry out regular reviews of the procedures and update as required.
- Assist in defining the project work breakdown structure (WBS) to ensure compatibility with the applied project cost control system.
- Assist with the compilation of the baseline budget to the agreed WBS from the control budget estimate (CBE) that was agreed to by the client for:
- Indirect field costs including EPCM manhours and disbursements
- Direct field costs including temporary construction facilities
- Other costs including insurances, legal costs and professional fees
- Owners costs (if applicable)
- Fund allocations – committing correct amounts in CBE and applied project cost control system and providing correct WBS codes for funds to be allocated against.
- Liaise with contract administrators and procurement officers to allocate budget amounts for packages.
- Provide expert cost engineering services to the project.
- Provide assistance to users of the applied project cost control system within the project.
- Attend project kick off, progress, cost control and planning meetings and implement approved changes in the cost control system as directed.
- Establish and maintain histograms, S-curves, KPI’s, graphs / curves for recording and monthly status reporting of project costs and forecasting.
- Manage contingency drawdown, escalation, calculate forecast at completion, report cost variances and initiate change control for cost adjustments where necessary.
- Maintain registers for change management.
- Processing budget shifts and scope changes in the CBE and applied project cost control system when such changes are registered for both studies and projects.
- Facilitate the assessment of forecast to complete (FTC) and forecast at completion (FAC) costs with the relevant project personnel and update the applied project cost control system accordingly.
- Cashflow forecasting.
- Commitment forecasting.
- Prepare cost reports showing the original budget, current budget, commitments, FAC, incurred and expended values and variances.
- Oversee the project accounting department in respect of the figures produced for corporate reporting of project performance and client invoicing.
- Oversee the project accounting department in respect of capital contractor invoicing and processing of such for payment by client.
- Assist in the compilation of project close out reports by preparation and submission of cost control data.
- Detailed knowledge of applied company and project cost control systems
- Working knowledge of the financial accounting package and its interface with applied company and project cost control system
- Restructure tender estimate into control budget estimate in accordance with the project strategy
- Forecasting of project (FAC).
- Cost Reporting
- Forecasting cashflow
- Forecasting project commitments.
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Buyer (contract) to work with our Procurement team in the Reading office. Candidates need experience in project purchasing in an engineering environment
As a Senior Buyer for Wood you will have ownership of all pre and post - order purchasing activity for major global Oil & Gas EPC projects, from preparing procurement plans, issuing inquiries, quotation summaries, pricing negotiations and purchase orders through to management of all post order activities including arranging inspections, expediting and final delivery of equipment and materials
- The procurement of allocated commodities of the required quality at lowest cost consistent with material requisitions, departmental and project requirements and at correct delivery point within scheduled time limits
- Compliance with code of business conduct and ethics, corporate policies, procedures and work practices
- Preparation and issue Procurement Plans and obtain necessary approvals
- Liaising with the Inspection group or other inspection organization to obtain inspection of equipment and materials
- Recommendations to Project Procurement Manager any necessary visits to Suppliers to apply pressure to maintain or improve performance
- Ensuring the correct finalization of orders in accordance with project procurement execution plan
- Assisting in the settlement of back charges and discrepancies when requested by Authorised construction personnel
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Controls Manager who is functionally accountable for the project planning, cost engineering and capital estimating functions within the Mining & Minerals industry.
- The PCM is accountable for the following functions within the project:
- Project Planning
- Cost Engineering
- Capital Estimating
- The PCM will work in a manner that supports and enhances the company values of:
- Delivering on promises
- Developing full potential
- Doing the right thing.
- Ensures procedures / systems are established and maintained for planning, cost engineering, capital estimating within projects and studies.
- Proactively manages, audits and ensures satisfactory provision of planning, cost engineering and capital estimating services within projects to the satisfaction of the PM’s in accordance with company and project procedures.
- Defines the basis and strategy on which work packaging and coding is to be carried out for planning, cost engineering and capital estimating to meet specific project requirements consistent with proper and efficient control.
- Establishes and maintains clear reporting / lines of communication for planning, cost engineering and capital estimating within the project.
- Establishes / maintains contact with client project controls management to ensure that client requirements are being satisfied in a professional and ethical manner.
- Ongoing monitoring / auditing of the project controls and ensure mitigating actions if required.
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of the applied project control system.
- Assist the Projects with contractual claims and disputes.
- Monitor, control and report project progress in accordance with company and project matrixes.
- Provide mitigating actions for progress slippage.
- Generate monthly project progress reports, including progress s-curves, histograms, cost reports and earned value.
- Recruit key personnel for the project in consultation with the PM’s and company HR department.
- Accountable for the training and mentoring of the project controls team to ensure that the project control needs of the project are met and that outputs are maximised
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Inspection Engineer (SIE) to support our client in Caspian region. This role is to be based in Abu Dhabi for 12 months contract with a possibility to be permanent.
The role profile and requirements are detailed below:
- Supports the Line Manager in management of Wood workscope as defined in the contract with the client providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management
- Assists with the implementation of an Integrity Risk Management Process, aligned to the client Risk Management Process.
- Ensures all work is compliant with relevant client engineering and safety standards including review of any feedback from client.
- Provide technical leadership to designated inspection discipline engineers within the team, allocating work to them within their technical capabilities and checking their output
- Provides expertise and knowledge in the application of integrity management processes for hydrocarbon containing pressure systems.
- Implements Integrity Management inspection requirements.
- Produces Inspection and Test plans.
- Manages interface with other support disciplines e.g. Structures, Pipelines, Pressure Systems, External Corrosion
- Manages interface with Inspection Contractor (3rd party)
- Manages the asset inspection plans.
- Ensures effective data management within inspection database (e.g. ACET) and maintenance management systems (e.g. Maximo, SAP).
- Manages implementation and maintenance of the anomaly management process.
- Provides Inspection/IM support to plant shutdowns / Outages / TARs.
- Provides Techncial input to Written Schemes of Examination.
- Supervises and Approves Workpack compliation.
- Selects suitable inspection techniques.
- Endorses inspection reports.
- Provides input into RBAs, meetings, planning.
- Provides support as required to audits e.g. verification, client, internal, etc. If applicable carry out periodic site audits e.g. Management visits.
- Supports Client Reporting including performance management.
- Assist in the development of appropriate annual budget and manage the CTR (Cost, Time & Resource) process.
- Supports Technical Training, Comptency development and Nationalization.
- Integrates with other technical disciplines to ensure a cohesive approach is taken in the assessment of remnant life and in the evaluation of risk.
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Process Designer. We have a number of projects across mining and minerals where your expertise is required.
Wood is at the forefront of some of the world’s most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities, including the new wave of battery metal opportunities.
Based on current and upcoming study and project opportunities within our Mining & Minerals business, we are seeking suitably qualified technical expertise to be involved in a range of unique and technically diverse projects. You will join a team of like-minded, agile industry colleagues who are highly qualified, enthusiastic, experienced and recognised industry innovators who value working collaboratively to create new possibilities.
As a Senior Process Designer you will:
- Deliver best practice process designs in accordance with project, time, budget and technical requirements
- Drafting of process flow diagrams (PFDs)
- Drafting of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Ensure designs are produced in accordance with project, discipline, statutory regulations, good practice and procedural requirements and ensure completion within required man hours and budget.
- Use clear and timely communication regarding design change issues
- Always work in accordance with method statements and risk assessments as provided
Working in a supportive team culture from our centrally located Perth CBD offices, you will enjoy superb end of trip facilities ensuring you make the most of Western Australia’s lifestyle.
Wood is currently recruiting for Principal Technical Safety Engineer to join our team in Brisbane. Reporting to the Discipline Lead Engineer, the successful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering projects for our clients in the Oil & Gas, water and renewables industries.
- Ability to perform QRA for new and existing offshore and onshore Oil & Gas facilities
- Performing Consequence Modelling using PHAST software
- FSA Studies development including FERA, NFHA, EERA, ESSA, TRIA, DORA
- Onshore and Offshore Safety Case development
- Providing technical input on industry best practices in relation to ALARP requirements, loss prevention codes and standards
- Ability to engage in various risk Workshops/ Reviews eg HAZID, HAZOP, Constructability Reviews and incorporate Review findings into design requirements and Safety Case
Wood is currently sourcing suitably qualified Scaffolders to join our team in Hastings, the successful candidate will be responsible to perform Scaffolding duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements, and ensure good housekeeping habits at all times to maintain a safe worksite for everyone.
- Understand & adhere to Stepback 5X5 principles in the performance of all duties
- Understand & work to Permit System
- Assist tradesperson in their work if/when required
- Erecting & dismantling prefabricated scaffolding to provide work platforms or temporary structures such as walkways
- Check levels in scaffolding structures
- Prepare safety nets & static lines
- Dismantle scaffolding no longer required
- Attach lifting devices to hoisting equipment & items to be moved, using clamps, hooks, bolts & knots
- Selecting slings and other grappling devices, covering sharp corners with padding to prevent damage to slings
- Guiding the Crane Operator by using hang signals or two-way radio when the load is not visible to the Crane Operator
- Alerting people or objects which may come into the path of the moving load
- Guiding the load into place as they are lowered into position
- Inspecting chains, slings, ropes, cables, hooks & lifting gear for flaws & damage such as cracks, wear, mildew & corrosion & reporting these defects
Wood is currently sourcing suitably qualified Welders to join our team in Hastings, the successful candidate will be responsible to perform Boilermaker Welder duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements, and ensure good housekeeping habits at all times to maintain a safe worksite for everyone.
- To understand and adhere to Stepback 5 x 5 principles in the performance of all duties
- Understand and work to Permit System
- Maintain good conduct and work harmoniously with other employees using fundamental interpersonal skills required of the work setting
- Plan all work considering changing conditions and to report progress accurately.
- Read and understand detailed drawings including isometric, lay out and P&ID’s or specifications to plan and complete the task and ascertain the materials and equipment required.
- Applying appropriate welding methods to attach part or assemble, structural steel, equipment or pipework, including pipe supports and brackets to specific test standards.
- Modifications / rectifications of prefabricated modules
- Punch Listing
- Selecting, setting up and operating hand tools and welding equipment
- Able to be assigned to work independently in satellite location with small group of mechanical trades
Wood is currently sourcing suitably qualified Mechanical Fitters to join our team in Hastings, the successful candidate will be responsible to perform Mechanical Fitter duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements, and ensure good housekeeping habits at all times to maintain a safe worksite for yourself and fellow workers.
- To understand and adhere to Stepback 5 x 5 principles in the performance of all duties
- Understand and work to Permit System
- Maintain good conduct and work harmoniously with other employees using fundamental interpersonal skills required of the work setting
- Plan all work considering changing conditions and to report progress accurately
- Read and understand detailed drawings including isometric, lay out and P&ID’s or specifications to plan and complete the task and ascertain the materials and equipment required
- Set levels and competent in using such equipment for level setting
- Erect and install plant and equipment
- Fitting and assembling of parts to plant and equipment
- Checking the accuracy and quality of assembled equipment
- Fault finding of mechanical equipment
- Punch Listing
Wood is looking to recruit Process Assistants to work on a 9 month fixed term contract (FTC) basis. At the end of the term there's potentially the opportunity to move into a permanent position. We're looking for people to join us quickly so you must be available to start within the next 1-2 months.
Building on our worldwide reputation for technical excellence, we’re united by our passion for creating a sustainable future. In addition to the conventional sectors, you can expect to become involved in:
- Carbon Capture: Industrial clusters, concept development to detailed engineering.
- Hydrogen: blue hydrogen (w/CCS), green hydrogen, ammonia/hydrogen economy innovation.
- Future of hydrocarbons: adapting existing facilities and designing ambitious new projects, to produce the next generation of lower carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long standing international presence.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience varied projects, work with different cultures and work closely with our clients as part of a global team.
We have been very successful in winning major new projects around the world in our well established business sectors.
As a Process Assistant your responsibilities will involve:
- Working within the various Process Engineering design teams on Wood’s current projects,
- Undertaking process design calculations, preparing Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment Specifications, and other process documents.
- Assisting in the production of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams and other process drawings as required.
- Assisting the Lead Process Engineers in undertaking other non - technical tasks as directed, including tracking of comments on issued documents, updating progress measurement and schedule programs.
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in Qatar on a long-term basis. This is a key role within the Wood Doha office delivering across study, FEED, EPC and PMC scopes of work. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man-hour, cost and the project schedule targets.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and greenfield opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
- Onshore Oil and Gas
- Offshore Oil and Gas
- Self-starter and an ability to produce electrical deliverables with little input or guidance
- Good understanding with respect to international codes and standards along with their application
- High level of competency with respect to electrical system design (Single line diagrams [SLD’s], protection and control schemes for example)
- Experience of developing and issuing the following deliverables – Electrical Design Basis, Specifications and Standards, Load Schedules, SLD’s, Protection and metering schemes, Calculations (Load, cable sizing, battery, equipment sizing), familiarity with power system studies (short circuit, load flow, transient, motor starting and harmonic studies), relay settings, power adequacy, lighting/earthing/lightning protection deliverables, electrical layouts (equipment, cable, tray, duct and trench), checking of area classification layouts, data sheets for major equipment and preparation of enquiry packages for HV and LV switchgear, transformers, drive systems, UPS
- Reviewing and checking of these electrical deliverables to ensure accuracy and alignment with the scope of work prior to issue
- Familiarity with SKM, ETAP or SPEL software packages
- May serve as the Lead Engineer and/or discipline technical authority when required on small to medium complexity projects. In such capacity will take responsibility and ownership for cost, schedule, resource allocation and risk.
- May supervise a small work group consisting of engineers and designers with some coaching from Lead Engineer, or may provide advice and guidance in area of specialisation to others
- Assist in performing managerial tasks as requested, such as assigning tasks to engineers; planning and coordinating portions of the engineering work; preparing scopes, schedules, and budgets; attending project meetings; and developing lesser-experienced technical professionals
- Takes responsibility and ownership for challenging electrical engineering tasks and capable of delivering scope for an area on large and/or complex projects
- Review Vendors’ quotations prepare technical quotation evaluation and recommend the final technically acceptable Vendor, in conjunction with Materials Management Department commercial quotation evaluation. Technically approve Order Variation Summaries
- Prepares and develops material take off for the electrical discipline
- Hold co-ordination meetings and engineering review meetings with Vendors of major equipment as required
- Participates in project reviews, design reviews, audits and other workshops as required
- Strong understanding of plant design and equipment layout
- Liaise with clients on technical matters where required
- Completion of site surveys and data gathering for brownfield scope of work, taking responsibility for development of the site survey report
- To provide relevant knowledgeable practical skills in the response and actions for Site visits and site surveys, Site queries and discussions, Supplier, vendor, contractor, client and site related discussions and Site based activities
- Demonstrate appreciation of commercial and technical risks, managing these appropriately within the scope of work and highlighting any significant issues to the Lead Engineer
Wood is currently seeking a Mechanical Designer in order to grow its Brisbane Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.
We can offer you a career in the ever-expanding battery and magnet metals industry driving the decarbonisation of the globe. This full time permanent role will be based in our modern office in the city centre and will be a key pillar for our expanding team.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
In this role, you will be responsible for duties such as:
- Creating models (in both 2D and 3D) and technical drawings of mechanical wet and dry plant layouts
- Taking concepts through to completion
- Turning initial sketches into detailed and complete design models and drawings
- Providing input into design and layout issues
- Ensuring designs are produced in accordance with client, discipline, statutory regulations, good practice and procedural requirements
- Liaison, support and timely transfer of information to other disciplines
- Responding to technical queries
- Acting as checker for other designers as required
Wood is currently looking for a Lead Piping Engineer to work on a permanent basis in our Reading office. This is a highly strategic role within the department and the ideal candidate will be at Principal or Lead level in their career with extensive years of experience within the industry in a similar role. You will have a thorough understanding of Equipment typically encountered in projects and understand any special requirements that these may bring, such as Vibration / Maintenance / Piping configuration.
- Detailed knowledge of Piping Design and Plant Layout aspects
- Proven understanding of Pipe Specification
- Shall be capable of reviewing and checking / correcting basic deliverables; preparation of Plot Plans in accordance with Project requirements and standards for checking by Layout Engineer
- Capable of representing the project to the Client
- Control of schedule and man hour budgets
- Possess management skills and the ability to deliver projects
- Issue clear directions on targets, communicate concisely and develop the piping team on projects
- Maintain a strong work ethic and understand team dynamics and adjust behaviour to gain maximum advantage
- Understand how to motivate and control designers and engineers to produce quality work on target and to budget
- Understand workshare elements and how to divide work - scopes
Wood is recruiting for an Administration Specialist to work in Al Khobar / SA
- Providing administrative and general support to project teams and to corporate managers when required
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions
- Co - operate with MAH by following all relevant health and safety policies and practice safe work habits
- Not to misuse any equipment and report any damaged equipment
- Report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioral based observation system
- Implement established procedures to ensure compliance to Quality and HSSE requirements
- Identify opportunities for improvement in Quality and HSSE and notify the relevant department
Wood is currently looking for Supply Chain Associate to work in AL Khobar office, Saudi Arabia
- Accountable for the successful delivery of Supply Chain activities that they are responsible for
- Responsible for the end to end sourcing process of any low risk procurement / subcontracts activity assigned to them, including but not limited to:
- Carry out price negotiations with suppliers to achieve demonstrable price reductions and capturing all internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan
- Utilization of Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR) supplemented when required by project / client approved supplier registers for supplier evaluation, audit, and selection
- Assist with Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management ensuring corrective actions are taken where required
- Responsible for delivery of any expediting activity assigned to them, including but not limited to:
- Creation of daily expediting reports and required desk expediting of these to warehouse or job site
- Updating of procurement system with status and setting of follow up dates
- Issue of expediting progress reports
- Responsible for delivery of any materials and logistics activity assigned to them, including but not limited to:
- Production of shipping documents for all materials movements
- Timely updating of procurement system with goods receipts
- Warehouse materials handling e.g., OS&D checks, bagging and tagging, preparation for shipping and marshalling of shipments
- Identification of materials shortages and surplus
- Requisitioning and control of small plant and equipment / tooling / consumables
- Ensures all Supply Chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan / schedule and / or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures
- Update the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead and delivery times, notifying any delays to supply chain management
- Carry out all activity in accordance with the Wood Supply Chain Code of Conduct, ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and applicable processes and procedures are complied with, and all documents are filed accurately and fully auditable
- Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety commitment
- Understands and lives Woods vision, values, and behaviors
- Understands and works to the Wood Financial Management Framework
- All other tasks as reasonably requested by line management
Wood is currently recruiting for Construction Supervisor - Electrical with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work 14 days on/off in Iraq, Basra.
- Supervision of construction activities including cross country construction
- Manage Contractor work on behalf of Owner to ensure safety, quality and technical correctness in line with drawings, specifications and technical standards
- Drive (HSSE) standards, procedures, rules and regulations
- Establish and maintain good working relations with Project, Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations counterparts
- Contribute to successful interfaces with other stakeholders
- Coordinate with Project Engineers materials and design delivery to support construction activities
- Tailor construction and execution approaches considering the local contracting market and capabilities
Wood is looking for a Resource Planning Specialist to work in Al - Khobar office, Saudi Arabia
- Must have thorough knowledge of project planning and scheduling practices, calculation methods / software, standards, and procedures
- Must be expert in data analysis and utilization of MS Excel and other similar tool for analysis and data representation
- Good understanding in using the ORACLE Primavera software versions 152 or later
- You will have the ability to collect all timing data to plan and forecast the required manpower to execute mega / capital project
- You will have the full understanding of creating a WBS that contractors can use to develop their baseline schedules and progress measurement systems that enables subsequent reporting in the Saudi Aramco systems
- Understanding and following schedule management best practices
- Preparing all presentation materials to convey the manpower plans to the project team and stakeholders as needed
- Understand the different measurement of productivity such as Man - hours, Full Time Equivalents (FTE’s)… etc
- Understand cost weightings as it applies to progress systems for reporting weighted progress reports
- Highly skilled to interface with the various stakeholders on the project team and other key stakeholders to receive the information required for accurate manpower forecast
- It is preferred that you have advanced skills in problem solving such as “What - If” scenario planning to assist in manpower forecast
- Prepare Manhour / Manpower histograms
- Long - term look ahead schedules & Activity plans to accomplish all work comparing against the manpower availability
- Ensure that all involved parties participate in preparation of resource inputs requirements
- Monthly progress report including narrative and statistics
- Prepare and issue resource action reports (monthly) to project management executives
- Maintain accurate resource schedule and control curves in an updated condition and prepare forecasts of trends
- Understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the project including scope of services, conditions of contract, project execution plan, project schedule etc
- Liaise with Project Control personnel as necessary
- Obtain from operating groups, the latest information pertinent to resource analysis and ensuring its accuracy and completeness
- Attending meetings concerning resource matters
- Liaise with Project Planning Engineer on analysis of project status and reviewing the impact of schedule changes to resourcing upon each other
Wood is currently recruiting Offshore Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Offshore Maintain Potential Program (OMPP) in Al - Khobar, Saudi Arabia OMPP is a multi - year, multi program venture covering both greenfield and brownfield offshore projects here in Saudi Arabia the scope of this program includes Engineering & Design, Procurement and Construction Management
- Establishes detailed designs and performance specifications to fulfill the requirements of assigned general specifications for components, systems, processes, etc
- Plans and carries out successive steps and handles problems with general guidance from instructions, policies, and precedents
- Responsible for meeting discipline cost and schedule requirements in production of deliverables, coordinates own work schedule, and prepares progress reports
- Recommends changes in plans and estimated cost when necessary
- Develops a range of engineering deliverables, including specifications, calculations, reports, technical requisitions, and others
- Interprets specifications and investigates difficulties
- Reviews vendor documents
- Active participation in design reviews
- Conducts problem solving in expertise: problems involve new concepts and new and varied problems to be solved that demand technical expertise, investigation, and interpretation
- Develops alternative solutions, identifies risks and benefits
- Develops solutions to non - recurring problems by appraising, interpreting, and evaluating various precedents and data
- Exercises professional judgement in selecting and interpreting information and modifying standard methods and procedures
- In consultancy business areas, may deliver small - scale projects with responsibility for cost, schedule, resource allocation and risk, while working within an established program management plan
- Provide technical input and support to proposals as required
- Visit offshore platforms on need basis
Wood is currently recruiting for a Piping Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry to provide support to our Client in the execution of projects.
Key Accountabilites & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and approval of all piping work on assigned projects.
- Responsible for preparation and approval of project related standards and job notes.
- Ensure that engineering activities on assigned projects are executed within budgeted manhours and approved schedules in compliance with project procedures, standards and specifications and in accordance with procedures and the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of South Africa.
- Review and approve project schedules with the Project Engineer to see that all dates, rates of progress and design periods are realistic.
- Prepare and approve project specific standards and job notes.
- Prepare requisition index for special piping items, indicating planned issue date for each requisition. Update and reissue monthly.
- Prepare pipe stress index. Update and reissue monthly.
- Check piping drawing index for piping work.
- Prepare and approve general notes requisitions for piping work.
- Design and requisition special piping items.
- Prepare support sketches for the drawing office.
- Check and approve piping bulk requisitions from MTO.
- Review and approve all piping drawings and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard.
- Prepare technical bid analysis for special piping items.
- Check and approve piping bulk technical evaluations from MTO.
- Attend coordination meetings and engineering review meetings with supplier as required.
- Review document requirements and issue dates for major equipment with suppliers and assist Procurement Department in compiling a Supplier’s Document Index.
- Assist Procurement Department with the expediting of supplier documents.
- Review and approve supplier documents for piping and distribute.
- Review in conjunction with Procurement Department all claims by supplier for an increase in the engineering scope of work.
- Give guidance to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on piping engineering matters. Review piping aspects of package unit supplier’s drawings as requested by the engineer responsible for the equipment.
- Ensure that piping engineering operations are complete in accordance with the approved project schedule and within allocated manhours.
- Advise the hod Piping Engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action.
- Advise the hod Piping Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement Department and ensure certified drawings are available in time to meet the engineering schedules.
- Notify the Project Engineer or all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work.
- Provide progress report information, at the required frequency and with the required content, to the Project Engineer.
- Provide information where necessary to estimating the cost of contract changes, Alert the Project Engineer / Project Manager to circumstances considered to be subject to contract change.
- Follow up piping construction work on project sites to ensure correct interpretation of designs regarding installation. Resolve any piping problems arising during commissioning.
- Keep abreast of development in the piping engineering field.
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency, costs and service in the execution of projects.
- Assist where necessary in the compilation of operating manuals and mechanical catalogues.