Wood is recruiting for a Principal Instrument Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services in Al - Khobar office
- A proactive and hands - on approach to the development of all aspects of control and instrument engineering
- The ability to confidently lead small project teams and interfacing with both client and company management
- Develop FEED and Detailed Engineering packages suitable for client review and contractor bidding
- Achievement of agreed targets. Organize, monitor and report on assigned work scope and take responsibility for management of change
- Contribute to all safety design processes including HAZAN, HAZOP, SIL (LOPA) Classification.
- Develop the required monitoring, control, safety system requirements
- Produce and review all relevant discipline documentation and participate in the input and development of other disciple design documents including P&IDs, control and safeguarding philosophies and narratives, package specifications etc.
- Produce and review material requisitions and material take - off, carry out technical bid evaluations and Vendor document reviews
- Identify issues, obtains relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources and identify alternative solutions
- Listen and respond appropriately to others, convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing
- Take action consistent with available facts, constraints and anticipated risks / consequences.
- Identify problems, determines possible solution, and actively works to resolve issues
- Guide and empower others to develop new skills or knowledge that will enhance their work
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Civil Designer to join our Brisbane office on a permanent contract to work across a portfolio of EPCM projects across oil and gas assets.
Reporting to the Discipline Lead Engineer, the successful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering projects for our clients in the oil & gas, water and renewables industries, 12D expertise is required.
- Join the Civil & Structural Design Division to deliver projects from scope and through to project completion
- Design, Supervision and checking of 2D / 3D modelling of structural components using 12D and AutoCAD formats
- Prepare Civil earthworks drawings
- Prepare procedural layouts and sequences for major civil work fronts
- Liaising with the other discipline teams to ensure we meet the project outcomes and schedule
- Involved with proposals / bid preparations and other business development
- Undertake and supervise 3D modelling of Civil components using civil 12D and AutoCAD formats
- Deliver civil works construction staging layouts and final design drawings
Wood is recruiting for a Construction Manager for Milan office.
Field safety responsibilities:
- Implementing HSE procedures and standards in compliance with applicable laws, Health and Safety Documentation and Environmental Management Manual
- Communicate project safety requirements to site members and to ensure that all site members receive adequate training and that they are fully aware of safety plan requirements and commit themselves on safety objectives
- Supervising that their personnel respect the applicable HSE procedures, with particular regard to their health and safety care
- Participate actively to all initiatives emphasizing safety and verify that safety organization is properly staffed and assisted by Construction Supervision Team
- Administer personnel relations and safety policies to maintain proper discipline and morale
- Ensuring that toolbox meetings are properly organized and attended by all concerned construction position
- Pushing their staff to verify that supplier work in a safety manner Assess quality of FWI and subcontractors safety and to respond organizing specific training courses to prevent accidents and to enforce safety behaviors
- Coordinating the suppliers' activities to avoid risk due to interferences among them
- Participate in Client's safety audits and incident investigations
- Enforcing the Emergency Procedures, if necessary
Field job responsibilities
- Be the primary contact with the Project Manager for all Project matters raised in field
- Be responsible that the Construction is completed in time, within the established budget and according to safety and quality requirements and to project and contractual documents, and ensure that all contractual obligations are fulfilled in time and to the complete satisfaction of the Client
- Participate actively to all safety initiatives and verify that safety organization is properly staffed and assisted by Construction Supervision Team
- The Construction Manager shall chair and record the Kick-off meeting with each subcontractor and subsequent progress meetings as appropriate
- Ensuring that all Construction Supervisors document in the form of a diary their day to day activities in support of future contractual matters In connection with the Field Project Control Coordinator, review and approve the construction program and ensure that detail construction schedules are prepared for all areas and erection activities In absence of Project Manager in field, discuss with Client all Project changes required and, where necessary, provide all information to Project Manager in order to define estimating cost, contract extras and construction delay. In any case, he will be informed of any matter concerning the Project
- In connection with Project Manager and the Planner, review single progress report and construction overall progress report, budget and field construction activities in order to reach final goal as economically as possible
- In absence of Project Manager in field, he is entitled to issue correspondence to the Client Construction Manager under his signature for subject related to Project matters raised in field Expedite from the Field Project Engineer and from the other people assigned under his control all the information requested for a proper handling of Construction Activities
- Coordinate as necessary with the Field Project Engineer and his staff' on all engineering matters
- Receive and distribute to the Field Project Engineer, under his control, information from the Client Project Manager
- Review project data and coordinate with the HOC Department and with Project Control to develop detailed construction plans and schedules
- Organize start-up of field activities
- Supervise, coordinate and evaluate site supervision staff activities Conduct weekly planning meetings to coordinate the work of Field Staff and ensure availability of documents, materials, manpower, etc Ensure with Subcontractor representatives that their activities are in accordance with the Master Project Schedule
- Review Costs and Progress report formulated by the Field Project Control Coordinator and ensure that the periodical progress report is forwarded to the Project Manager and the Client Construction Manager
- Immediately advise the Project Manager and the Client Construction Manager of any factors adversely affecting the project Through the Office Manager has to be aware of' the local labor laws and/or conditions
- Issue of all the documents to Client Construction Manager which need approval to be able to start work
- Coordinate with Client Construction Manager on matters pertaining to Construction progress, etc.
- Coordinate completion of construction and testing activities with startup group when applicable
- Responsible for getting approval of Client/Project Manager before start modification of scope of work
- Responsible to request Field Change before any change of' scope can be started
- Responsible to manage any extra work out of contract or for modification, according to the Subcontracting Department procedure
- Ensure through the involved department that accurate records are maintained in order that the case history of the job can be completed
- Identify possible Non Conformities according to the Quality Assurance System Procedure both for System and on Contract
- Suggest corrective actions according to the Quality Assurance System Procedure both for System and on Contract
- When delegated as QA Correspondent for Field Construction activities of the project, carry out the management of the following Quality Assurance documentation:
- Non-Conformity and Corrective Actions according to WI-CON 001.
- Register of QF and Corrective Actions.
- Register of Project Construction Field Documents Reviewed
- Monitor that the activities/documentation related to Test and Turnover Packages are properly and timely executed/prepared by the assigned personnel
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Instrumentation & Control Engineer to join our engineering team to support Study, FEED and Detail Design phases of EPC projects. Project scopes will cover all areas of I&C engineering including Functional Safety, Cybersecurity, Metering, Actuated Valves, Control System mods, Fire & Gas and package management.
With extensive experience in energy industry, the ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, manage resource levels and have demonstrable leadership qualities to deputise for Head of Discipline. They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Instrumentation & Control scopes on a project on time and within budget. This role will be based within Aberdeen office with hybrid working arrangements in place.
- Work with team to best practices
- Build strong Client relations to ensure expectations are met
- Work with Wood’s other office Leads to build synergy and maintain resource levels
- Process Ownership
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Manage Engineering workload and budgets across designated work scopes to ensure targets are achieved
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
- TA1 for Wood operated assets
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Experience of Instrumentation and Control Engineering on Small / Medium / Large brownfield projects from concept to start-up
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives, and industry technology developments
- Lead I&C team on Study, FEED, control upgrades, metering, machine monitoring, F&G and vendor packages
- Proven ability for equipment specification and selection and in ensuring compliance from the suppliers, preferably within an EPC environment
- Experience in Functional Safety including, knowledge of BS EN 61508/61511, development Functional Safety Management Plan, participation in Safety Reviews, development of SRS/SIL Calculations and verification and validation activities
- Aware of Cybersecurity (OT) and OG86/IEC 62443 implementation
- Competent in the application, specification and requisitioning of DCS, PLC, and SIS systems, with experience of the system full lifecycle
- Competent in Instrumentation and Control requirements for rotating equipments
- Provide discipline input to project proposal, project estimate, scope definition, project plan and execution
- Provide I&C support to design reviews, constructability reviews, HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, FSAs etc.
- Take a lead in resolving technical issues across multiple disciplines, driving the technical solutions to completion
- Writing specifications and reviewing project documents prior to submission, ensuring high standard of scope definition and presentation, including checking for technical accuracy
- Be able to present and describe Engineering solutions and concept competently, to both technical and non-technical audience
- Develop or alter standard project specifications to meet project specific design criteria
- Assure the technical quality of work performed by subordinates based upon organizational standards, codes and general knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Organise, plan and coordinate own work as well as the resources assigned on a specific project.
- Provide relevant response and actions for: -
- Site technical queries, discussions and optioneeringSupplier, vendor, contractor, client, and site related discussions
- Executing assigned personal objective.
- Resource management and project planning
- Working within international and multicultural environment
Skills / Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree in Instrumentation, Electrical, Mechatronics or Electronics
- Chartered Engineer and member of recognised professional institution
- TUV or similar Functional Safety Engineer qualification preferred
- Industry experience within upstream oil & gas projects
- Flexible attitude with proven experience of effective working in a project team environment
- Very good understanding of IEC 61511 & its implications in control system design
- Very good understanding of IEC 62443 & its implications in control system modifications
- Ability to deliver documentation that is technical correct to the required standard and schedule
- Experience in Brownfield upgrades / replacement instrumentation projects
- Prior experience reviewing and approving Engineering Deliverables
- Experience in resource levelling/smoothing in a project environment
Wood is currently recruiting "Expression of Interest" applications for an Accountant.
The Accountant will ensure all aspects of contract finance; all accounting activities are undertaken in a timely and accurate manner for the contract covering invoicing, month end close, budget/forecasting, internal reporting of monthly financials and completion of profit & loss / balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review and analysis of costs coded to contract within the accounting system to ensure charges are correct and adjust as applicable
- Undertake manhour reconciliations between systems to ensure all hours have been captured for invoicing and costing purposes
- Ensure invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner in line with contract terms and conditions and agreed invoice timetable
- Preparation of annual budget, quarterly and monthly forecast for contract in conjunction with Contract Manager in line with Wood reporting calendar
- Preparation of monthly accounts for contract covering reimbursable labour, recovered in rate costs, lump sums, procurement, plant & equipment, plus other reimbursable and non-reimbursable items
- Directly responsible for contract month end close activities in Oracle system to ensure results are accurately reported and analysed
- Main activities include calculation of accruals, unbilled and unearned entries as required in compliance with Wood corporate deadlines, technical accounting standards, and in accordance with company procedures for reconciliations and balance sheet controls
- Completion of monthly financial report comprising detailed:
- Profit and loss comparison of actuals against budget/forecast capturing clear and concise operational commentary for variances
- Balance sheet analysis focusing on unbilled, unearned, accounts receivable, and cost accruals or deferrals, explaining the nature and age of balance and movement from prior month, plus resolution plan for clearance of aged items
- Rolling forecast for year, and reasons for change from prior forecast
- Days Sales Outstanding
- Upsides / downsides to results and likelihood of items being realised
- Any other detailed analysis that may be relevant to the contract
- Reporting of monthly results to contract manager to ensure visibility of actual performance and any actions required in specific areas
- Active management of cash to ensure payment is received from client in line with payment terms, optimisation of Days Sales Outstanding and minimisation of unbilled items
- Ensure all finance reconciliations are prepared, analysed and reviewed on a monthly basis to establish over/under-recoveries and enable any corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner
- Knowledge of contract commercials to understand rate build-ups and recovery of costs to ensure maximisation cash position
- Responsible for identifying and highlighting opportunities for continuous improvement within the contract and sharing of best practice within the function
- Responsible for maintaining contract delegation of authority matrix in line with any personnel changes on the contract
- Ensure compliance with accounting, credit risk and code of conduct policies
- Ensure all contracts process and procedures used on contracts are fully documented
- Liaising with external, internal and client auditors
- Execution of various ad hoc tasks as and when requested
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is seeking expression of interest applications for a Senior Instrumentation Engineer to support our UK projects. This position can either be staff or contract.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Must be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
In this role you will be responsible for the execution of project work, in accordance with the Discipline Design Instructions, including Wood and / or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man - hour, cost budgets and the project schedule targets.
Responsibilities / Duties:
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and have demonstrable leadership qualities. You will be confident in your own ability to deliver the Control and Instrumentation scope on a project on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution centres around the world.
- Prepare RFQ packages for the Instrumentation packages to the required Client, Wood and Project procedures and standards
- Review Vendors quotations, prepare technical bid evaluations and recommend the final technically acceptable Vendor
- Technically approve Order Variation Summaries
- Hold co-ordination meetings and engineering review meetings with Vendors of major equipment as required
- Liaise with other Disciplines and Client as necessary
- Assess progress and procedure associated reports and input to the Delivery Management System. Derive and suggest plans to recover slippage, correct inefficiency and to take any resulting agreed actions
- Advise the Lead Instrument Engineer of any major slippages and their causes, all policy matters, major technical problems and unresolved differences with other Disciplines, and requests for changes by the Client which may constitute a contract change
- Control and support management of discipline hours
- Prepare, check, approve and provide technical input into project deliverables to the required quality standards in conformance with or better than, the approved budget and programme
- To provide relevant knowledgeable practical skills in the response and actions for:-
- Site visits and site surveys
- Site queries, discussions and optioneering
- Supplier, vendor, contractor, client, and site related discussions
- Site based activities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Contracts Lead whose role will be to assist the Project’s Managers in the management of the Contract with specific focus on potential contractual issues with Clients and/or erection subcontractors.
Typical areas of involvement will be the request of contract changes, contractual management of delays and associated possible claims and contractual issues, contract’s related correspondence with Clients and with erection subcontractors.
The role, based in Milan, will suit a Contract / Claim Lead with a proven record of 4/5 years of experience in similar position.
- Execute in-depht analysis of the Contract and advise Project Manager / Project team of the key critical contents in terms of time for notices, Client’s obligations, applicable remedies, delay liquidated damages, liabilities etc.
- Be well informed of the development of the Project and the status of Contract Changes for the Project under execution. S/He will attend periodic project reviews to be informed of the project status at all times
- Provide the necessary support to Project Director to conveniently document the actions or activities that contractually require it
- Prepare project correspondence (in / out from / to) Subcontractors and Client in regard to contractual relevant topics
- Actively participate, in coordination with relevant Project specialists, in meetings with Subcontractors
- Interface with Project Control function in regard to time impact and delay analysis
- Prepare claims / Contract Changes requests
- Provide support to the Project Director by preparing presentations and providing back up information until the resolution of any claim and / or Contract Changes
- Provide support to the Project Director in managing the claims received from Subcontractors
- Interface and coordinate with Legal dpt for legal support whenever required
Wood is currently seeking a CAD Administrator in order to grow its Mining & Mineral group. Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
This position will primarily support and customise intelligent Plant Applications (both 2D and 3D) on projects and ensure conformance to Wood procedures.
In this highly visible role, roles and responsibilities include (but will not be limited to):
- Actively contribute to the development of the intelligent 2D and 3D CAD environment including modelling, design review, reporting and drawing production
- Provide support and resolve CAD related issues
- Provide training and education to CAD users on the use of the Wood Intelligent CAD applications and procedures
- Conduct workshops and other training as necessary to ensure all project personnel are conversant with the CAD applications as used in the Wood environment
- Assist with the development of quality procedures and supporting documentation that reflect best practice initiatives and workflows that will assist in the efficient use of CAD applications
- Take responsibility for own and team’s decisions, judgments, actions, products, services and processes
- Develop new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions to make organizational improvements
- Support a work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer based in Aberdeen with expereince in the Oil & Gas Industry.
Contributing to technical delivery of engineering excellence through:
- Executing assigned scopes of work
- Providing discipline expertise to the business
- Supporting and supervising task delegation to team
- Provides coaching and mentoring for direct reports
- Actively supports recruitment, selection, transfers and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans
- Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people
- Ensures competence of deputies
- Manages performance of direct reports
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Monitor compliance with competence standards
- Participate in incident investigations as required
- Set performance expectations for direct reports
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline support to the business
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation
- Proficient in scope definition
- Deputising for Lead as required
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports / respective team
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively
- Communicate and co-operate with external stakeholders including: industry bodies, academia, vendors, client interface (as appropriate and requested)
Wood México en su oficina de Proyectos está en la búsqueda de "Adminisrtadores de Bases de Datos" en el manejo, administración y control de bases de datos de proyectos bajo herramientas de diseño electrónicas 2D y 3D, tanto para desarrollar, implementar y mantener sistemas automatizados de información, así como revisar y evaluar nuevas tecnologías en la materia.
Ingeniero de Sistemas Computacionales, o afín. Experiencia de más de 5 años, con amplios conocimientos técnicos. Dominio de normas y códigos nacionales e internacionales, y regulaciones locales asociadas a la disciplina. Dominio de herramientas de computación y Software técnico según su área de experticia (AutoCAD 2D y 3D, PDS, Revit, Smart Plan), certificación de proveedores de Software, Dominio de MS Office, Experto al menos en una aplicación CAD 2D y/o 3D.
Senior Project Engineer – Electrically biased South East (Site Based)
Wood is recruiting for an experienced Senior Project Engineer with an electrical engineering background to support the continued delivery of a portfolio projects. They will be required to coordinate and deliver the engineering for an assigned project scope to a schedule and in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications and standards.
The position is to manage electrical scopes with an existing framework contract for an international pharmaceutical company located at one of their sites based in South East England.
Ideally the candidates should have demonstrable background in delivering electrical project scopes within brownfield sites.
The responsibilities for this role can vary considerably depending on scope and size of Project, the typical responsibilities are shown below.
- A strong and developed sense of health and safety within the working environment and in the design process
- Contribute and participate in the maintenance of safe working practices and the assessment and mitigation of safety issues through effort and reviews in design
- Lead multi-discipline work packages in accordance with the requirements of quality and environmental management systems qualified to ISO standards
- Be able to manage work scope and interfaces between all engineering disciplines to ensure the successful delivery of assigned work packages
- Organise, attend, chair, contribute and prepare reports for safety reviews and other multidiscipline meetings
- Collate actions and expedite the closure of the outstanding actions with appropriate design disciplines
- Understand project execution and work sequences, relating this to schedule and budget; managing and reporting against these, maintaining the highest level of quality in deliverables and activities
- Understand, control and forecast work area activities against schedule and deliverables at a work division and individual basis
- Integration of design schedule to procurement and/or fabrication schedules
- Be competent in Design Verification; highlights areas of concern and can affect corrective actions; able to supervise others
- Prepare and check scope of work specifications, project procedures and project reports
- Approval of deliverables delegated by Project Manager or Engineering Manager
- To monitor and review engineering progress with Project Services and Engineering disciplines
- To review engineering budgets and performance and initiate control measures including adjustments to manning levels
- To monitor receipt and review cycle for vendor documents and identify any problem areas
- To assist with responses to site queries
- Managing plant changes in a safe and compliant manner
- Experience in working in regulated environment
- Demonstrable experience of delivery through full project life cycle
- Proactive nature to help drive projects forward taking accountability and communicating with client teams to drive delivery
- Be flexible to ensure focus and support on clients priorities whilst managing good project controls
- Ability to initiate the exchange of required technical concepts and information with the Design staff and other disciplines
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory frameworks and legislation
- Prepare the Project Design Basis Document as per the project scope
- Thorough knowledge of the English language is required to perform the necessary in depth analysis and studies, make professional presentations and keep up with technical advancements
Wood is recruiting for a Lead Project Document Controller to Join on-site with our client Mitsubushi in Hull, As delegated by the relevant Mitsubishi Chemical Manager, ensures the quality and co-ordination of all work processes followed by the Document Control department. Responsible for the management of project data and documentation on behalf of Mitsubishi Chemical, in accordance with processes and procedures. Responsible for the management of data and documentation supplied to Mitsubishi Chemical by Third Parties in order that Mitsubishi Chemical have the information necessary to complete projects.
Co-ordinates the project work of other members of the Document Control team as required including both Mitsubishi Chemical and Wood Document Control
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients
- Based onsite at Mitsubishi Chemical, Saltend for approximately twenty-four months. Possible extension after this period TBC
- Further customer projects based onsite for various timescales shall require cover
- Ensures work is carried out in accordance with customer and/or company standards and specifications
- Ensures the quality of all work carried out under their projects
- Assists in co-ordinating the project work of other members of Document Control as required and is responsible for the quality control and management of all work processes involved in the production of work allocated to them by the Document Control Manager
- Prioritises their own workload and delegates tasks to others
- Establishes / adheres clear to file structures and manages electronic files, ensuring an auditable, electronic trail for all work undertaken using the relevant software packages
- Monitors and reports job/work status and workloads to the Document Control Manager, with any appropriate recommendations
- Ensures that where contractual arrangements exist, work is carried out in accordance with contract procedures
- Contributes to the development and management of department work practices, for example in-house and customer documentation specifications
- Assists in the maintenance of controlled, uncontrolled documentation and data, including document management files and work generated either internally by Wood Group, or externally by Third Parties and held within the DCC
- Populates customer Content Services Platform (CSP)
- Maintains workflow of documents through use of companies CSP system
- Receives and distributes documents and amendments to documentation held by customers and DCC controlled copies
- Informs key members of the project team of the arrival of new documents and provides assistance with the distribution
- Ensures transmittal and receipt of draft documents in line with company procedures
- Ensures that the project team use standard templates for document preparation and checking of outgoing documents to ensure consistency, editing where applicable
- Maintains documentation records, databases and filing systems to provide accurate records of document status
- Initiates document reviews and chases up non-conformance of receipt of documents and amendments as per customer document control standards and procedures
- Ensures customer target dates and KPIs are met, communicating issues or recommending efficiencies to the Document Control Manager
- Performs all necessary administration to ensure that the progress of items is tracked at all times and that an audit trail is maintainedActs as a point of contact for customer’s and Wood Document Control, resolving any day to day issues which may arise
Our Clients and Projects
- It’s a future for all of us. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
- What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across renewables and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant –
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
- Information and Documentation are receipted, tracked and transmitted in a timely manner
- Activities are completed in accordance with Company processes and procedures
- Maintains communication with Document Control Manager
- Provides updates on workload to Document Control Manager and/or Project Managers as requested
- Highlights potential production problems in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaises with colleagues of all levels as dictated by the requirements of the individual projects
- Can work as part of a project-specific team, including liaising with and reporting to Mitsubishi Chemical project personnel and relevant third parties
- Communicates and co-operates with both internal and external stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts
- Act as Mitsubishi Chemical’s and Wood Group's focal point and representative, providing advice and assistance with document control throughout the life of a project
Level of Influence & Decision-Making Authority
- Decision Making: Decides on prioritisation of all activities under their jurisdiction
- Problem Solving: Responding to telephone or e-mail queries of a miscellaneous nature as part of the ongoing management of customer documentation or internal documentation
Wood is currently recruiting for an Office and HR Assistant with previous work experience for our Antwerp Office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support
- Prepare and publish job descriptions
- Schedule interviews
- Follow-up on the hiring process
- Onboarding and leaving process
- Update of personnel documents (A1, limosa, etc)
- Schedule VCA exam and medical examinations
- Collect and return approved timesheets
- Research legal topics
Wood has an opportunity for a People & Organisation(HR) Advisor.
The People & Organisation (P&O) advisor will ensure a positive customer experience and take accountability for managing queries effectively and closing out each in a timely manner, by providing advice, support, and guidance across the full P&O spectrum.
The role provides a variety of generalist HR services necessary for the entire employee life cycle including recruitment, selection, assignment, motivation, training, and development of qualified employees for their area of the business.
- Provision of advice and support to key stakeholders on P&O policies, procedures, and employment legislation, including performance management, capability, discipline, and grievance
- Act as a focal point for all stakeholders regarding any issues relating to conditions of employment, salary, benefits, and employee relations
- Proactively case manage more complex live employee relations issues
- Provide guidance and assist with redeployment and layoff/redundancy projects
- Conduct payroll investigations, manage overpayments/underpayments in line with the requirements of applicable processes
- Conduct exit interviews
- Support and assist all P&O projects
- Undertake on-call and emergency response duties as and when required
- Participates in the resourcing process, discussing requirements with line managers, and conducting interviews for priority/key roles
- Assists in career development, discussing career paths with line managers and recommending suitable candidates for promotion.
- Supports proactive people development, discussing career paths and development needs with line managers, providing guidance on development and performance interventions, and recommending suitable candidates for promotion or training.
- Investigates and resolves day-to-day employee relations problems, either directly or through advice to line management.
- Investigates and advises both management and employees on personnel matters, preparing briefing papers as required
- Collect and manipulate data sets and analyze trends and arising issues
- Supervises the preparation of supporting paperwork and subsequent filing.
Wood’s Applied Intelligence business is currently recruiting for bilingual Spanish/English Controls Engineers to join our growing team in Mexico, preferably at our Silao office. This position will report to the Controls Manager.
We are looking for Control Engineers that must be able to perform the design and field startup of control systemsfor automotive manufacturing. Experience in industries related to the automotive industry and electrical controls are highly desired. Demonstrated trouble shooting skills are necessary.
- Design of control systems on large automotive projects, from customer standards where applicable
- Provide expertise in the design of industrial conveyor systems in automotive assembly
- Review specifications, and establish non-standard designs
- Follow internal and customer standards
- Develop a system layout and distribute control equipment appropriately
- Review time cycles studies and dimension switch layouts
- Design system architecture and network topology
- Detail design of control panels
- Specify equipment and development of bills of materials
- Design of electrical schematic drawings in AutoCad and/or Eplan
- Design and test PLC and HMI programs using Rockwell and Siemens applications
- Liaise with various project teams and customer representatives
- Research and understand the functionality of proprietary control equipment
- Communicate effectively and ensure a consistent quality of design
- Issue designs as required by the project timing
- Provide technical support to site installation teams, and on Site startups
- Provide both Customer and Standby support
- Undertake projects in new sectors, knowledge of robot programming and vision systems (Cognex/Keyence)
Wood is recruiting for a Principal Piping Engineer to join our team in Perth, with start date March 2023. This is a long-term opportunity to join our expanding Oil and Gas Operations team, due to the recently securing several large projects with existing long-term clients, in addition to a new and significant brownfield engineering opportunity with a major player in the LNG industry.
Wood's Operations APAC (West) business delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation, and technical services to the Oil & Gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with the region’s most prominent producers located in Western Australia, Northern Territory and Kazakhstan.
Reporting to the Discipline Manager - Mechanical Piping (APAC West), you will be working across FEED / Execution to EPCM delivery, with a focus on design.
- Focal point for Piping engineering activities across the project life cycle (Concept, FEED, detailed design) to produce fit for purpose solution
- Produce cost effective Piping engineering reports, documents and deliverables
- Support and mentor junior engineers and designers
- Ensure all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Provide technical assistance to others as required.
At Wood, we look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive on-site gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer to join our team in Brisbane on a permanent contract.
Reporting to the Discipline Lead Engineer, the successful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering projects for our clients in the Oil & Gas, Water and Renewables industries.
- Process engineering services to the client, ranging from Conceptual and Front-end through to Detailed Design, As-built and Close-out activities
- Completes a variety of complex process engineering computations, including process simulation modelling (steady & dynamic)
- Prepare key Process Engineering drawings including P&IDs, PFDs, heat and material balances
- Develop key Process Engineering documents including safeguarding narrative and control philosophy
- Participate in key risk review workshops as focal point process engineer, including HAZOP, HAZID and SIL studies
- Lead a team of process engineers to ensure high quality work is delivered within schedule and budget
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Project Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industry.
- Supports delivery of engineering excellence in their assigned project(s) through coordinating and delivering the engineering for an assigned project scope(s) to schedule and in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications, and standards.
- Coordinates a series of activities performed by engineers and designers from one or more engineering disciplines to support the timely issuing of engineering deliverables to meet project specifications.
- Monitors and supports compliance with quality, HSE and assurance standards.
- Undertakes basic schedule preparation, planning and resource forecasting for engineering activities
relating to the project.
- Ensures accurate and timely delivery of work, to the satisfaction of both internal and external customers.
- Alerts Project Manager in the event of potential delays or change; supports implementation of approved changes.
- Coordinates and assures technical excellence of interdisciplinary project deliverables.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Coordinates discipline input to deliverables including Process/Utility Flow Diagrams, Engineering Flow Diagrams and, Line Lists, Equipment Lists, Special Piping Item Lists and Requisition Index.
- Able to coordinate input of a single engineering discipline within more than one office location Quality, HSE and Assurance
- Develops a working knowledge of engineering standards and procedures; participates in key events gaining practical experience.
- Checks Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) implementation by review against standards, procedures, work practices and literature.
- Prepares straightforward project specific procedures under guidance. Development and management of schedule
- Plans individual work activities and manages time; liaises with disciplines to ensure timely receipt of comments.
- Fully understand the requirements of the project schedule and hold regular reviews.
- Expedite Engineers to deliver to schedule, fully understand reasons for delay and assist in developing recovery plans.
- Alerts more senior project engineering personnel in the event of potential delays or change Design Verification
- Understands the requirements for Design Reviews
Wood is currently looking for a HSE Manager to provides leadership and direction for the HSE department to hire and train qualified expertise into the department, to engage personnel on projects and improve department work processes and procedures.
The position will ensure compliance with applicable HSE Management System, Customer Safety Policies,
and governmental regulations by supervising the development of procedures and safety plans and ensuring
- Embraces Wood strategic purpose, goals, and objectives and translates these into practical concepts relevant to HSE management
- Leads a team consisting of professional staff
- Teaches problem solving, creative thinking and project planning skills to less experienced staff
- Provides constructive feedback & coaching
- Create and maintain a network of subject matter experts
- Input to annual department goals and objectives
- Staffing and development of HSE talent for department and projects
- Performance reviews and salary administration
- Conducting periodic meetings with department staff, to provide top-down information flow about the company
- Receives intermittent supervision
- Support Business Development and Proposals department
- Ensure HSE Management Systems are monitored and in compliance
- Ensures compliance with audit protocols
- Promote HSE best practices in the office and on projects
- Development of HSE project and department safe work plans
- Support HSE presentation needs to clients (internal and external)
- Ensure HSE related training is applicable to office and project needs
Wood is currently recruiting for an offshore Laboratory Technician, with previous experience in the oil and gas or equivalent industry.
The Lab Tech, reports to the Production Supervisor and is required to follow the chemical laboratory standard procedures for all the operation of the chemical lab.
This role is based offshore on a rotation of 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off, working 12 hours a day.
Please note this position is only open to Equatorial Guinea nationals.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring oil and gas processes, quality, and performance.
- Taking samples from the Offshore Installations, Water Injection and Utility Systems.
- Ensuring all analysis is carried out according to authorized and approved international standard procedures.
- Participate in the selection process and propose process sampling points.
- Do the chemical management, consumption, inventory, and materials request (SAP).
- Ensuring export quality remains within contracted agreement’s specifications.
- Operation and basic calibration of test equipmenT.
- Analytical methods for crude oil, water, lubrication oils, hydraulic fluids:
- Water determination in oil
- Density and gravity by hydrometer
- Totals salts content of crude oil by conductivity
- Base sediment and water (BS&W)
- Density by densitometer
- Analytical methods for gas:
- Sampling gas at pressure
- H2S by length of stain tube
- Gas analysis by chromatography
- Dew point measurement under pressure
- Dew point measurement using Shaw hygrometer
- Analytical methods for water injection:
- Sampling at pressure
- Chloride content
- pH and alkalinity
- Analytical methods for water injection analysis:
- Free and residual chlorine
- Dissolved oxygen by chemetrics
- Excess sulphite determination
- Particle size distribution by coulter counter
- Monitoring for presence and controlling of sulfate reducing bacteria (SRB)
- Enumerating sessile bacteria using side stream apparatus
- Membrane culturing of anaerobic and aerobic bacteria by serial dilution technique
- Work in coordination with providers of services in the testing runs of new chemical injection to optimize the products quality.
- Contribute to the standardization process of chemical lab procedures
- Required to participate in process safety management (PSM) activities that involve process design, process technology, operational and maintenance activities and procedures, non-routine activities and procedures, emergency preparedness plans and procedures, training programs, and other elements which could impact the process.
Other elements of PSM which may touch the employee consist of:
- Mechanical integrity
- Management of change
- Investigation of incidents
- Process hazards analysis
- Operating procedures and practices
- Compliance audits
- Emergency response
- Pre-start-up safety reviews
- Contractors and short service contractors