Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Control and Instrumentation Engineer (contract) in Reading. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work, in accordance with the Discipline Design Instructions, including Wood and / or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man - hour, cost budgets and the project schedule targets
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and able to work independently. They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Control and Instrumentation scope on a project on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution center’s around the world
Scope of work
- Develop specification and prepare material requisitions for control systems, instruments, control valves and all other instruments
- Issue material requisitions to the Material Management Department for enquiry, order placement and for any subsequent revisions
- Prepare the Master Requisition Index and update and issue it on a regular basis
- Review Vendors’ quotations prepare technical quotation evaluation and recommend the final technically acceptable Vendor, in conjunction with Materials Management Department commercial quotation evaluation. Technically approve Order Variation Summaries
- Hold co - ordination meetings and engineering review meetings with Vendors of major equipment as required
- Liaise with other Groups and Client as necessary
- Assess progress and procedure associated reports and input to the DMS. Derive and suggest plans to recover slippage, correct inefficiency and to take any resulting agreed actions
- Advise the Chief / Principal Instrument Engineer of any major slippages and their causes, all policy matters, major technical problems and unresolved differences with other Groups, and requests for changes by the Client which may constitute a contract change
- Assist in the preparation of Auxiliary Flow Diagrams as necessary
- Establish and maintain a filing system of project documents
- Arrange for the transfer of records to storage, microfilming and for destruction
- Prepare, check, approve and provide technical input into project deliverables to the required quality standards in conformance with or better than, the approved budget and Programme
- To provide relevant knowledgeable practical skills in the response and actions for:
- Site visits and site surveys
- Site queries and discussions
- Supplier, vendor, contractor, client and site related discussions
- Site based activities
- To prepare and support discipline contributions to Proposals including:
- Interpretation of the discipline technical content of the Enquiry and understanding the relationship with other disciplines
- Advise Proposal Manager of any omissions, anomalies, inconsistencies or interpretations and develop these to a conclusion
- Definition of activities and deliverables
- Prepare discipline man - hour estimates
- Liaise with the Estimating Group on the preparation of equipment cost estimates and installation work content
- Contribution to Proposal’s discipline write up
Zur Verstärkung unseres interdisziplinären Teams im Fachbereich Naturschutz und Umweltplanung bei Wood E&IS GmbH suchen wir für unseren Standort Nürnberg oder Frankfurt am Main eine/n neue/n Mitarbeiter/in als Projektleiter/in für Landschaftsplanung und Umweltverträglichkeitsprüfung.
- Eigenverantwortliche Planung und Leitung von Projekten
- Abstimmung mit Auftraggebern, Behörden und Projektbearbeitungsteam
- Projektleitung und Projektbearbeitung umweltrechtlicher Genehmigungen, wie Artenschutzfachbeiträge, Landschaftspflegerische Begleitpläne (LBP), FFH-Verträglichkeitsprüfungen, Umweltbericht oder Umweltverträglichkeitsstudien, landschaftspflegerische Ausführungsplanungen (LAP) in den Leistungsphasen 1 – 9 (Freianlagen) der HOAI
- Koordination und Auswertung von floristischen und faunistischen Kartierungen
- Erfahrung in der Umweltbaubegleitung wünschenswert
Wood ist ein globaler Anbieter von Beratungs-, Umwelt- und Ingenieurdienstleistungen. Wood beschäftigt weltweit mehr als 60.000 Mitarbeiter in über 60 Ländern, darunter Niederlassungen in Frankfurt, Kaiserslautern, Hamburg und Nürnberg. Unsere europäischen Niederlassungen erbringen Dienstleistungen für Privatkunden in einer Vielzahl von Branchen, u.a. in der Fertigungsindustrie sowie bei Chemie- und Pharmaunternehmen.
- Leitung von Beratungsaufträgen über die gesamte Bandbreite von HSE Due Diligence- und ESG-Projekten hinweg, um technisches Fachwissen in Bezug auf Vorschriften, Technologien und Richtlinien (z. B. TRGS, TA, REACH) bereitzustellen und als Wood‘s wichtigster Ansprechpartner für Projektkunden zu fungieren.
- Durchführung von Pre-Assessment-Audits, internen Audits und Ermöglichung von Überwachungsaudits im Bereich Arbeitssicherheit, Gesundheitsschutz und betrieblicher Umweltschutz .
- Unterstützung bei neuen Kundenbeziehungen und Ausbau bestehender Beziehungen, um weitere Geschäfte zu generieren; Dazu gehören die Entwicklung von Angeboten, Preisgestaltung und Kundenpräsentationen.
- Projekte effektiv verwalten mit Team-Mitgliedern, um Aufgaben innerhalb des Projektbudgets und der zeitlichen Anforderungen zu erledigen.
- Aktive Zusammenarbeit mit den globalen Teams von Wood, um innovative Lösungen voranzutreiben und unseren Kunden qualitativ hochwertigen Service zu bieten.
Wood is recruiting for a Principal Engineer / Principal Consultant HVAC Engineer / HVAC Head to work in our Reading office. This is a management role so will be leading a small team of HVAC / Building Services Engineers.
- Provide design and technical direction of the Discipline in UK and Global Execution Centres and act as the technical focus for the Discipline.
- Responsible for administration and immediate direction of Building Services engineering and design on a project.
- Execute assigned work in accordance with the Project Execution Plan and applicable Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within manhour and cost budgets and project schedule targets.
- Liaise with the Project Co-ordinating Engineer regarding the interpretation of Client’s Specifications and Standards, and prepare Project Specifications and Standards for design, materials and construction.
- Review the project execution schedule developed by the Cost and Planning Department and to develop the detailed schedule for Building Services Enigeering and Design activities.
- Ensure that quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and construction purposes on projects assigned to him are of the specified standard. Participate in design and checking work as required.
- Input to Sub-contract and Material Requisition Indexes, update and issue as required by the project.
- Review Subcontractor's and Supplier's quotations, participate in clarification meetings, prepare technical quotation evaluation and recommend the final technically acceptable Subcontractor, in conjunction with Procurement Department commercial quotation evaluations. Technically approve Purchase Order Variation Summaries.
- Hold co-ordination meetings with the Construction Department during the design phase and provide assistance to site when requested during the construction phase of a project.
- Perform technical audits on consultants reporting to him on the project.
- Provide proposal technical input to support manhour estimates and execution plans under direction of Chief Architect / Group Manager.
- Support Group Manager in discipline Manpower Plan (MPP).
- Conduct technical interviews and support recruitment of technical specialists
- Provide initial client contact and discipline support to business winning opportunities.
- Carry out discipline functions relative to Supplier and Subcontractors documentation:
- Liaise with other Groups and Client as necessary
- Review relevant project design work
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Infrastructure Designer with extensive experience in the Mining and Metals industry. This is an office based position, required to work on sites to support construction as required by the project. Project sites are based in the EMEA region.
- Produce drawings to schedules in accordance with accepted Engineering practice and Wood draughting procedures.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
- Create graphical representations of civil infrastructure (earthworks, roads, stormwater, sewer, pipelines, channels etc.)
- Review, interpret and correlate topographical survey data for import into design software.
- Assist Engineers to carry out road and stormwater designs.
- Assist Engineers to carry out network analysis for water and sewer pipelines
- Calculate earthworks volumes and assist with material take-off’s required for Bills of Quantities.
- Review sketches, drawings, specifications, geotechnical and other data received from Civil Engineers to ensure design standards and best engineering practices are adopted.
- Production of civil and reinforcement drawings encompassing all aspects of a plant construction package in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Timely completion of drawings to schedules.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Adherence to Standards and Procedures.
- Assist with training of junior draughts persons.
- Production of drawings on time and within budget.
- Clarity and accuracy of drawings.
- Knowledge and adherence to CAD Procedures.
- Knowledge of and adherence to applicable standards and Drafting Procedures.
- Completion of error free drawings to sound engineering practices.
- To actively pursue excellent Health, Safety and Environmental performance standards and to encourage all staff to achieve or out perform the indicated HSE KPI’s
Wood is looking to hire an ED III / Structural Designer to work in Al-Khobar office, Saudi Arabia
- Develops working drawings, within company and industry standards and codes, from equipment specifications and detailed drawings to support completion of engineering deliverables
- Creates drawings involving plans, layouts, calculations and bills of material
- Works on assignments involving a variety of design procedures and techniques
- Records observations, performs calculations and prepares reports on assignments
- Performs layouts, design and checking work from the basic data supplied
- Designs and makes detail drawings from rough sketches involving intricate calculations and the application of fundamental engineering principles
- Establishes project drafting standards and monitors their conformance
- Identifies cost effective solutions to design problems
- Assists in the preparation of bid evaluations
- Designs and constructs models, prototypes, processes or equipment; compiles and evaluates data, makes recommendations, prepares reports
- Prepares estimates of time, quantities, materials and labour required for activities related to testing, installation, manufacture, design or construction
- Generates bill of materials from finished designs
- At more experienced levels, may act as coordinator on small projects, prepares specifications for complex equipment, processes, etc
- Ensures quality in design, technical accuracy in the preparation of drawings, material quantities, etc including reviewing others work at more senior levels
- Plans assigned work effectively and obtains/provides information liaising with the project team and line manager, in time to control man-hours and achieve targets
- Carries out site visits / surveys and provides inputs to site visit reports
Wood is currently looking for Senior Project Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services in Al - Khobar office
- Become fully familiar with the requirements of all documents that make up the contract including general and special conditions of contract, scope of work, specifications and standards etc, and require Lead Engineers to make themselves familiar with same. Identify the need for project specific engineering procedures, and ensure that they are prepared and adhered to
- Appraise the Engineering Manager of any aspects of the project that prevent compliance with this job description and seek their help in resolving these issues
- Ensure that the Project Engineering team is informed of and strictly complies with the requirements of specific confidentiality and secrecy agreements
- Liaise with Manager, Design Assurance and Commissioning, to ensure that appropriate Project Engineers are approved as Authorised Engineers
- Determine, in conjunction with Corporate Engineering Management the Project Engineering organisation for the project and ensure that the required Engineering resources are provided in accordance with the agreed MPP
- Ensure that a mechanism is in place to enable Project and Discipline Engineers to identify potential contract changes and/or deviations to scope
- Oversee the preparation of documents to define the scope of such contract changes on the project
- Oversee and agree the preparation of man-hour estimates for engineering activities, and the impact on the engineering schedule. When contract changes are approved ensure that the engineering team is fully informed of the revised requirements
- Liaise with Project Control to ensure that budgets and schedules are revised to incorporate the effects of the contract changes
- Manage, where applicable, engineering review of EPC bids
- On PMC Projects Hold regular meetings with the Main Contractor’s engineering team and Monitor the engineering work of the Main Contractor
- Determine and implement the key Strategies for the project, e.g., Modularisation, Work-share
- Understand constructability issues and ensure these are reflected in the design. Develop a construction contract strategy. Ensure contract and material requisitions reflect the requirements of the head contract
Wood's Saskatchewan Operations is looking to hire a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in either our Regina or Saskatoon offices. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will play a key role in the continued growth of the business through project delivery and support for proposal development.
You will be highly involved in supporting the growth of our Geotechnical group and providing senior level guidance and direction in a variety of technical areas such as tailings facilities, mine waste, slope stability, earthen dams, infrastructure and commercial/industrial development.
This role allows you to join a world leader in engineering, get working on exciting projects and determine your next steps: stay technical, or develop your leadership capability. That’s the flexibility of Wood.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Continue the ongoing development of the Geotechnical team through supporting and encouraging technical upgrading and providing direction and mentorship on complex issues and field investigations;
- Manage and/or review projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including allocation of budgets, personnel and resources, billing and client relationships;
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved;
- Lead and actively pursue new business and project opportunities;
- Maintain and develop client relations;
- Maintain technical proficiency, including participation in professional practice groups and organizations;
- Provide excellent customer service and a commitment to technical excellence;
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of training programs;
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work;
- When required, work collaboratively with other departments and Wood offices on project related work; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Wood PLC, Applied Intelligence team is currently recruiting for a Digital Scientist and Engineering Graduate to join the Intelligent Operations business based in Aberdeen. We are looking at recent graduates or those with some pror work experience. This career opportunity is part of the UK Digital Integration & Innovation team and is offered on a permanent staff basis. Our goal is “Transforming complex and dynamic data into actionable intelligence by combining domain knowledge with digital technologies”.
This role has come about due to continued success and organisational growth and team expansion. On joining the team, you will be an active member of a collaborative, dynamic and technically skilled group. We are looking for a dynamic, digital and tech savvy individual with an engineering background who is resilient, versatile and seeking a role within a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate will have a keen interest in artificial intelligence and software development with a degree in engineering. This is a significant opportunity to develop your career and thrive in a problem solving, solutions-focused environment, from deploying 3rd party and partner technology to implementing new models in order to help our global customers realise significant efficiency and value improvements.
- Build fit-for-purpose, scalable solutions, utilising engineering and data science techniques, to solve complex problems and generate value for clients.
- Integrate diverse, often real-time, data sets into open architectures that drive value through automation, advanced analytics and workflow optimisation.
- Utilise engineering background to identify opportunities for optimisation and value through modern data science techniques. Pro-actively drive this innovation to realisation and implementation.
- Work with Wood technology partners, Wood domain experts and across geographic locations.
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Telecom & Security Designer to work out of our Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia office
- Prepare design packages (inclusive of design drawings, scopes of work, and material technical specifications) for in-building and outside plant communication Security infrastructure systems, which include but are not limited to the institution and commercial building Premises Distribution System (hard wired and wireless distribution), CATV, CCTV, multimedia A / V system, Intrusion Detection & Assessment System (IDAS), Security Access Control System (SACS), Plate Recognition System (PRS), Long Range Detection & Assessment System (LRDAS), System Integration and video conferencing
- Design and installation of Security and communication System. Write technical report and provides solution to complex technical problems
- Provide expert advice and assistance for the design, construction, and maintenance engineers and operating personnel on all matters pertaining to the Industrial Security System and telecommunication field
- Outline the design intent, requirements, and objectives. Coordinate project development and coordinate with a group of professionals
- Provide Security Discipline expertise in support of the client’s team for the FEED and Detailed engineering of the Petrochemical facilities
- Coordinate with other disciplines to complete the Telecommunications & Security design
- Keep the department up-to-date on the technology evolvement in the market
- Interface with suppliers, integrator and vendor for technical queries
- Interface with the customer to clarify the solution and close comments
- Autonomously provide alternatives to offer the most optimum and cost efficient solution
- Be commercially aware and conscious of contractual issues as per Wood guidelines
Wood is a multidisciplinary environmental and engineering company and includes well-established development planning practice, supported by in-house master planners, environmental, transport, engineering and stakeholder engagement teams.
We provide a wide range of town planning services to public and private sector clients with an ever-expanding portfolio of projects centred on the promotion and delivery of major urban extensions and garden communities comprising thousands of new homes. This role presents an excellent opportunity to make a difference at a strategic scale working with nationally recognised clients, not least The Crown Estate, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Duchy of Lancaster, Homes England, and a portfolio of major housebuilders and developers.
To build on our successes and help deliver an established project portfolio, we are seeking an experienced town planner with a track record within the property sector. The ability to identify, develop and progress complex planning and development projects for strategic landowners and developers within both the public and private sectors is essential.
Working with our team of town planners you will:
- Have the opportunity to contribute to and lead the delivery of strategic mixed-use urban extensions, garden communities and major planning applications for high profile clients
- Use your skills and experience to deliver success, representing clients through the plan making process, providing sound technical and strategy advice, and taking responsibility for the delivery of high-quality outputs, policy submissions and planning applications
- Keep abreast of emerging best practice, guidance, and legislative changes within town planning, to help raise our profile through networking and use of social media, and actively maintain your own professional development
- Help support and mentor junior staff
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Control Systems Engineer (contract). In this role, the candidate will be responsible for the execution of project work, in accordance with the Discipline Design Instructions, including Wood and / or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man-hour, cost budgets and the project schedule targets. The role will be based in Reading.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently and have demonstrable experience in Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering, including brownfield projects. They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Control Systems scope of the project on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution centres around the world.
- Design, implementation, installation and commissioning of Control Systems for oil and gas facilities
- Provide Control Systems & Automation Expertise
- Define Automation and Controls deliverable requirement and system design
- Lead technical aspects of Control Systems & Automation project design and / or implementation
- Apply integration concepts to a wide variety of systems and across multiple vendor platforms
- Lead the configuration, database and / or programming activities
- Resolve speciality related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
Wood is recruiting for an experienced in-house Senior Recruiter to support our Energy, Optimisation and Innovation (EOI) business line across the UK and Continental Europe, recruiting specialist technical professionals in the Environment, Renewables and Infrastructure sectors.
This role requires a pragmatic, delivery focused professional who has proven experience in recruiting and sourcing talent for a multi-national business. This is a permanent, full-time role and we can be flexible on location within the UK for the right candidate, with hybrid and home working options also available.
The role will support day to day recruitment activities across our existing operations whilst additionally providing resourcing support to other Wood business areas if needed.
- Responsibility for managing resourcing delivery for a particular function/specialism/business area, working with Hiring Managers to fulfil current and future resource requirements
- Attend relevant resource meetings with stakeholders to provide updates on vacancy progress, discuss assessment outcomes and obtain resourcing lookahead
- High and effective utilisation of available talent attraction and engagement tools to identify relevant candidates
- Actively and professionally promotes vacancies and employer brand to relevant audience via available media channels
- Accurately match candidate skills with role requirements, taking initiative to explore particular areas of importance or relevance with Hiring Managers and Candidates
- Identify and recommend most effective assessment method for particular role/specialism and effectively utilise tools available
- Guide Hiring Managers through a structured interview process, ensuring adherence to legal and ethical obligations throughout candidate assessments
- Strong influencer, ability to influence candidates throughout the hiring process to promote a successful outcome, pre-empting and acting on candidate hesitation or queries
- Maintain open and proactive lines of candidate communication, ensuring a positive candidate experience for all, regardless of the outcome of their application
- Provides timely and detailed feedback to candidates at every stage of their application, particularly following an interview
- Confidently make offers of employment and coordinate negotiation process between the candidate and business. Interface with P&O (People and Organisation) on contractual queries and coordinate response
- Collate relevant market data to support talent planning initiatives and process (candidate availability, rate information, candidate mobility etc.)
- Proactive in obtaining accurate forecast data and developing and maintaining a pipeline of suitably qualified and available talent for current and future projects
- Facilitate the effective movement of candidates through the resourcing process, encouraging proactive feedback from Hiring Managers and working with Global Mobility/P&O teams to ensure the timely release of employment contracts and an effective mobilisation process for new hires
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer. We are currently looking for people with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements
- Report to the Lead Electrical Engineer, the main functions of the role will be to develop electrical deliverables e.g. single line diagrams, schematic & wiring diagrams, calculations, specifications and datasheets
- Execute assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures, codes and standards
- Perform activities such as - issue of material requisitions and technical bid evaluations as per relevant Technical Practices
- Review Vendor drawings and documentation as per relevant Technical Practices
- Follow the ethics of confidentiality on technologies licensed by Client or Third Party
- Ensure timely production of deliverables
- Populate CMMS database
Wood is recruiting for a Principal Electrical Engineer (contract) on an agency basis. In this role, you will be responsible for producing adequate specifications, data sheets, calculations, drawings, and other pertinent engineering and design documentation to enable the procurement of electrical equipment packages and their subsequent installation, commissioning and safe operation. The role will be based in Reading
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently and have demonstrable experience in Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering, including brownfield projects. They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Electrical scope on a project on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution centers around the world
- Produce designs for Electrical systems and equipment
- Generation of project deliverable documents, including production, checking and approval as required to meet stated project requirements
- Maintain effective interfaces between the Electrical project team and other discipline teams, Client representatives and other third parties as required
- Maintain co - ordination of design information with Electrical Designers for ongoing design issues
- Represent the Electrical discipline internally and externally as required
- Follow discipline and project working procedures
- Assist in developing bids for new work
Wood is currently looking for a Project Manager to work at our office in Al - Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable / billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters
- Negotiates changes to project scope or specification with the customer. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule and quality
- Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalization and technology use, work share and high value engineering centers, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Establishes project procedures and leads production of project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc.
- Regularly reports project progress to senior management and / or the customer
- Responsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, proactively intervening to avoid slippage
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
- Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Guides and directs a multidiscipline project team, which may include external specialists and involve staff from multiple offices and sites
- Responsible for ensuring project team members are competent to carry out assigned duties
- Promotes and sets up performance improvement culture and actions on complex projects and into their supply chains
- Facilitates the setup of information management systems / applications as applicable to suit various life phases of projects and manage information management project team
- Participate in assurance activities and peer reviews
Wood is looking for a TPE 6 / Principal Instrument Engineer to work in our Al-Khobar office, Saudi Arabia
- Establishes scope of work for project or proposal, allocates and directs staff
- Develops and implements procedures, methods, and controls to be used Executing assigned scopes of work
- Develops design solutions according to requirements, to deliver products, equipment, materials, etc. of the highest standard
- Directs scheduling, cost control and technical conformance during design phase of projects
- Coordinates activities with other groups and clients
- Continuous promotion of, and adherence to, the discipline specific procedures and providing feedback for continuous improvement
- Participate in or lead incident investigations as required
- Participates in establishing design constraints
- Prepares engineering development proposals and feasibility studies
- May develop new or modified components, products, manufacturing processes, materials, and equipment
- Plans and carries out assigned projects, resolves most of the conflicts, coordinates work with others and interprets policy on own initiative
- Reviews technical feasibility of proposed solutions to engineering problems
- Personally, helps solve difficult technical problems
- Anticipates potential problems, solves complex problems through creative thinking and creative use of internal and external resources both inside and outside of discipline expertise
- Tracks and reports on the metrics which indicate their disciplines progress on a project in relation to a plan
- Exercises considerable credibility, foresight, and judgement in conceiving, planning, and delivering
- Uses deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise functional leaders
- Works with project groups as an expert technical advisor on designs, processes, and engineering
- Solves problems requiring application of research data in own and allied professional disciplines; exercises mature business judgment in devising practical, economical solutions
- Establishes the need for investigation and research and participates in the development of long-range plans and project goals
- Represent discipline on contract / project / service line
- Perform the role of Technical Authority when appointed to do so
- Proactively supports the introduction of innovation, new ideas and practices to improve overall performance
- Contributes to business development through regular engagement, relationship building and delivery to clients, as well as identifying and pursuing opportunities to expand scope of work for Wood
- Represents the company as a thought-leader at conferences and other public events
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports
- Provides technical guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
Wood has an opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our team in Staines. You will be required to help support delivery of engineering excellence in assigned project(s) through coordinating and delivering the engineering for an assigned project scope to schedule and in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications and standards.
- Fully proficient with the Technical contents of engineering deliverables like Line List, Equipment List, Tie-in List, Tie-in Schedule, BEDD etc. Prepare and coordinate other discipline input to these deliverables prior to formal issue
- Prepares project plans and multi-discipline documents such as basis of design, subcontract scopes of work
- Able to coordinate inputs from multidisciplinary engineering teams in one office location, OR from a single discipline team across multiple execution centres
- Coordinate inputs to and issue engineering deliverables such as Designs, Reports etc, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Execute assigned project scope in accordance with the project engineering manhour budget and schedule requirements
- Implement the engineering workshare strategies for multi-centre execution projects for assigned project scope, responsible for the quality of the Project Engineering deliverables prepared by the workshare centre
- Coordinate engineering activities performed by others
- Under guidance, prepares project-specific procedures
- Report on progress issues
- Quality, HSE and Assurance
- Develops a good knowledge of engineering standards and procedures; participates in key events gaining practical experience
- Checks Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) implementation by review against standards, procedures, work practices and literature
- Prepares project specific procedures under guidance
- Ensures that the Engineering disciplines comply strictly with the contract and scope of work in completing project activities
- Responsible for assuring quality of engineering deliverables before issue to customer
- Chairs technical meetings with Third Parties and manages particular technical issues through to completion
Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Cost Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to be based in Midrand.
- To provide a cost engineering service (in accordance with contract execution procedures) to both project and corporate management for home office and external (i.e. field) activities.
- Allocated project has a complete set of cost control documents appropriate for the size and phase of the project. Cost control documents are consistent in format, and presentation.
- Allocated projects are provided with a man power/manhour plan, in which actual manpower and manhours to date, and forecast manhours to go are reflected, after consultation with the project teams. The forecast manpower and manhours are aligned with the forecast schedule.
- Allocated projects where materials and services are being procured (directly or indirectly) has a cost control base, preferably using standardized tools (Artista II), aligned with the project estimate, including variations as may be approved. These are traceable through the life of the project. The cost control base is aligned with corporate procedures and contract requirements.
- Allocated projects (with exception possibly of projects that are of a technical advisory service unless otherwise required), are furnished with a cost report that accurately reflects costs to date and provides a cost forecast. The cost report is auditable to actual expenditure and commitments, and the forecast is aligned to the project schedule/forecast.
- Allocated projects have a robust change control system in place for raising, tracking and monitoring changes and supporting claims. Registers are published to the agreed project frequency to the project team as appropriate.
- Invoicing on allocated projects is up to date. Project Managers are kept abreast of overdue payments against invoices.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the project including scope of services, conditions of contract, project execution plan, project schedule, etc.
- Work within standard project cost engineering procedures. Ensure that these procedures comply with contractual reporting requirements and, if not, modify accordingly, with assistance from the Senior or Lead Cost Engineer.
- Liaise with client project control personnel as necessary.
- Prepare manhour, material quantity and cost budgets from the cost estimate and update them on approval of contract changes and budget transfers.
- Disseminate budget information to all operating groups, providing clarification and additional information where required and ascertaining commitment to budgets as the cost target.
- Generally instill cost awareness in the project organization such that capital costs are controlled and changes to workscope are identified and quantified.
- Obtain from operating groups, the latest information pertinent to cost analysis and ensure its accuracy and completeness. Attend meetings concerning cost matters.
- Liaise with Project Planning Engineer on analysis of project status. Review the impact of cost and schedule changes upon each other.
- Identify and analyze deviations and trends against the budgets. Investigate such deviations with the relevant group and advise Project Manager of issues requiring corrective action.
- Establish and maintain all cost recording documentation. Provide comprehensive cost analysis and prepare forecasts of final project costs.
- Liaise with Field Cost Engineer/Construction/Site Manager and review field cost reports and associated information for inclusion in the overall project cost report when applicable.
- Review overall project status and forecast with Project Manager each month.
- Prepare monthly cost reports with supporting narratives.
- Prepare and issue monthly cost action reports to the Project Manager to include cost report summaries, exclusions, and potential cost problems and recommend corrective actions with assistance from the Senior or Lead Cost Engineer.
- Prepare monthly Project Cost Report and associated back-up for review with Project Manager, HOD Cost Engineer and Project Controls Manager as necessary
- Prepare quarterly Contract Profit Report (CPR) and associated back up for review with Project Manager, Chief Cost Engineer, Project Controls Manager, and Executive and Corporate Representatives as necessary with assistance from the Senior or Lead Cost Engineer.
- Audit of invoices and payment certificates prior to payment by either the client or company accounts.
- Ensure reconciliation between project cost report and accounts cost and billing information.
- Prepare final project statistics.
- Perform any other functions as directed by the Senior or Lead Cost Engineer.
Wood are seeking a reliable and highly motivated individual to join our ornithology team. This is an ideal opportunity for junior ecologists to progress their career in ecology within a global, multi-disciplinary company.
Our long established but still growing team of over 70 ecologists (including 17 ornithologists) delivers high quality ecological services on complex projects in a variety of sectors including renewables, nuclear new build, transport, other power, waste, minerals and property in the UK and abroad. We are currently looking for a talented candidate to support on our major infrastructure projects, which could include winter bird monitoring in estuarine environments in the UK or migratory bird surveys on the Red Sea coast in the Middle East for example.
Wood offers an excellent salary package, including a company car, as well as a tailored training programme and great opportunities for career progression.
You will work closely with other ornithology team members and with colleagues in the wider ecology team and other technical disciplines to help deliver surveys to a high standard for clients. You will undertake a broad range of ornithological survey work and reporting. The role will include:
- undertaking bird surveys across a variety of habitats and locations nationwide;
- the digitization and management of datasets using GIS;
- assisting with data analysis and the production of baseline reports.
There will also be the opportunity to assist with managing the delivery of survey programmes and to support the wider ecology team with protected species surveys.
You will be paired with a mentor within the ornithology team who will provide advice and support and there will be unique opportunities to develop and progress your career.