Click column header to sort
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Subsea Pipeline Engineer based in Staines, UK on an agency basis. The Senior Engineer shall be acting as a member of a technical project team to provide subsea pipeline expertise and develop technical capability and a member of project teams to undertake assigned tasks.
- Ensure technical compliance, accuracy, quality and execution of all aspects of offshore pipeline design at conceptual, FEED and EPC / PMC level
- Carry out, review, approve and/or supervise study and design work
- Provide assistance to other disciplines and participate in review meetings, in accordance with Project requirements
- Develop, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations and deliverables such as tie-in spool and riser design, route selection, wall thickness design, on-bottom stability, spans analysis, pipeline expansion, on-bottom roughness, global buckling and cathodic protection design
- Develop pipeline installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance analysis and procedures
- Development of specifications, data sheets, material requisitions and EPC scope of work
- Identification of gap/conflicts amongst various project information, specifications/drawings & recommend corrective measures to ensure design integrity
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Pipeline Engineer to work in Reading, Berkshire UK on an agency basis. The candidate will be responsible for studies, FEED and Detailed Design of onshore pipelines and associated facilities. Projects includes Hydrogen production and transportation of pure or blended hydrogen and carbon capture storage and transportation of CO2
Responsibilities extend into providing services
- Pipeline route selection
- Mechanical design, i.e., wall thickness, stress analysis (CAESAR II experience) and expansion analysis
- Development of material take - offs
- Development of material specifications and data sheets
- Development of construction and inspection specifications
- Preparation of Pipeline EPC scopes of work
- Input to EPC schedules and Cost Estimate
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Planning Engineer in Reading on a Permanent basis. This is a challenging and diverse role where you will have the opportunity to help provide a complete planning service to the project management team on a complex project with a global reach.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in one or more of upstream oil and gas, midstream, LNG, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals and power industries.
- Review and understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the project including scope of services, project execution plan, proposal/project schedule (including manpower projection plan), conditions of contract
- Work within the standard planning/scheduling procedures. Ensure that these procedures fulfil client requirements and develop additional project specific procedures where necessary
- Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures and to ensure that sufficient planning resources are provided
- Liaise with Client Project Control personnel as necessary
- Timely preparation and issue of:-
- Overall Project Schedule Level 1
- Project Schedule Level 2
- Project Network Level 3
- Schedule Basis Memorandum (SBM)
- Manpower Projection Plan
- Critical Equipment Lists/Schedules
- Progress 'S' Curves and tabulations
- Manhour/Manpower histograms
- Short-term look ahead schedules
- Monthly progress report including narrative
- Ensure that all involved parties participate in preparation of items described above and that they agree to their respective elements and approve documents where necessary
- Produce current physical progress reports and final job statistics
- Prepare and issue project action reports to Project Manager/Project Control Manager
- Maintain accurate schedule and control curves in an updated condition
- Analyse schedule trends and produce regular forecasts of schedule performance and issues for project review
- Maintain awareness and understanding of relevant systems operated by other departments.
- Identify and control planning engineering interfaces between other Affiliate or Joint Venture Partners
Wood is recruiting for a Site Electrical Engineer to join the client's front line team in a major LNG site based in Darwin, NT. This is an initial 12-month contract and anticipated to be an ongoing requirement, to provide front line support for the client.
Wood “Operations” delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas industry. Wood enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region’s most prominent Oil & Gas and LNG producers with operations in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
You will be reporting directly to the Lead Electrical Engineer and working across FEED / Execution to EPCM delivery, across some of world’s most technically challenging brownfields Oil & Gas projects for Wood's Electrical Engineering group.
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
You will be an Australian citizen or currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) and are able to work lawfully in Australia without company sponsorship.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Piping Stress / Pipe Support Engineer within our Piping Engineering department.
- Perform Stress Analysis Calculations, static and dynamic analysis.
- Select and adequately support piping systems from a standard library of Pipe Supports
- Generate and control of special pipe supports
- Assist and advise on the design of non-standard type pipe supports
- Review vendor package and equipment drawings for compliance with the project specifications
- Assist the Lead Piping Engineer in areas related to Piping Stress Analysis and Pipe Support
- Monitor and progress work fronts in specifically assigned areas
Wood is currently recruiting for a Renewable Energy Consultant with a specialist knowledge of Solar and PV to join our Renewables consultancy business based in Hamburg.
This is an excellent opportunity for a consultant with previous experience with Solar projects who is looking to be part of a global consultancy service company that will provide exposure to a wide range of different consultancy projects within the Solar and renewables sector.
The successful candidate will specialize in the consultancy projects across the Solar PV sector. However, they will also have an opportunity to support on other advisory projects across onshore and offshore Wind, Hydrogen and Battery Energy Storage (BESS).
The position can be home based within Germany. However, there will be a requirementto travel to Hamburg when required and occasional site or client visits across Europe and internationally.
- Manage/support solar project developments, providing engineering input from initial assessment, through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence, construction monitoring, acceptance and operation monitoring (primarily in the megawatt scale)
- Review and prepare technical documents including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts
- Site visits in Germany and abroad
- Provide technical support to clients
- Technical assessment of PV products and devices
- Promote Wood’s solar services in a business development role
- Other ad hoc activities as and when required
- Manage the teams of multi-disciplined engineers needed to deliver our scopes of work, including both Solar and non-Solar staff
- Act as main interface and manage the relationship with key clients
- Responsibility for the financial performance of any projects managed
- Disseminate knowledge to team members
Wood is currently recruiting for a Electrical Engineer with experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sectors of the industry to provide support to our Client in the execution of projects in Sasolburg and Secunda..
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Power systems design to client specifications and local/international standards and legal requirements
- Load schedule and equipment sizing calculations
- Integrate electrical design with other disciplines
- Electrical system studies using specialized software
- Protection grading studies using specialized software
- Equipment data sheets and material requisitions
- Assist designers with design drawings and cable schedule
- Contract requisitions works information and BOQ
- Technical bid evaluations
- Manage suppliers by reviewing documentation and attending factory acceptance test
- Support site team during construction and site acceptance testing of substation equipment
- Assist with commissioning and handover
- Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Chief Electrical Engineer.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument Technician on Shell ONEgas on a fixed term basis until the end of 2022. Rotation is 2/2.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Static Equipment Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry
- Complete responsibility for Static equipment issues and deliverables on projects at all stages of the design process. While the primary focus will be on Static equipment, the successful candidate will be a well - rounded Mechanical Engineer with an ability to adapt and handle various mechanical equipment types, such as Pressure Vessels, Columns, reactors, Heat Exchangers, etc.
- Prepare design and calculation for new pressure vessels, tanks and heat exchangers
- Experience of Compress, Microstation and other design software is desired
- Prepare of Equipment Material Requisitions and Engineering Design Drawings
- Technical evaluation / clarification of Static equipment plus the technical bid evaluation reports to support order placement
- Review / comment of vendor documentation
- Verify that all designs are to required standards and that the objectives of the project are met
- Verify that the works is completed to the agreed schedule
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Heat Exchanger Equipment Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry
- Complete responsibility for heat transfer equipment issues and deliverables on projects at all stages of the design process. While the primary focus will be on heat exchanger equipment, the successful candidate will be a well - rounded Mechanical Engineer with an ability to adapt and handle various mechanical equipment types, such as Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers, Air Cooled Heat Exchanger, Plate Heat Exchangers, etc.
- Thermal design of S&T Heat Exchangers
- Prepare design and calculation for new S&T heat exchangers
- Experience of Aspentech EDR, Compress, Microstation and other design software is desired
- Prepare of Equipment Material Requisitions and Engineering Design Drawings
- Technical evaluation / clarification of equipment plus the technical bid evaluation reports to support order placement
- Review / comment of vendor documentation
- Verify that all designs are to required standards and that the objectives of the project are met
- Verify that the works is completed to the agreed schedule
Wood México se encuentra reclutando para futuro proyecto Ingeniero Senior Civil titulado con más de 10 años de experiencia demostrada como ingeniero en el diseño de movimiento de tierra, terracerías, drenajes pluviales y vialidades en todas las fases del desarrollo de la ingeniería para proyecto de construcción industrial con duración estimada de 4 meses. Lugar de trabajo Monterrey , Nuevo León con opción de trabajar remota con previa autorización del líder de disciplina.
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Process Engineers with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Contributing to the delivery of Engineering excellence through:
Executing assigned scopes of work.
Supporting and supervising task delegation to team.
Providing discipline expertise to the business.
Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
Manage and supervise direct reports.
Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
Provide discipline support to the business.
Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution. Core Values and Behaviours:
Provide leadership in promoting, demonstrating the company core values, ethics policy and leadership framework.
Interact with team members in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Competent in the execution of standards, processes and procedures to effect delivery of operations excellence.
Competent in knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation.
Competent in own discipline to provide support to the business.
Demonstrate current knowledge with industry and technology development within discipline.
Demonstrate continual professional development.
Communication in written and spoken forms.
Participate in audit and incident investigations as required.
Project management (basic).
Deputising for principal as required.
Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
Executing assigned personal objectives
Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
Wood is currently seeking a Lead Designerin order to grow its Perth Mining & Minerals Asset Support division.
Wood’s Asset Support business delivers integrated solutions to sustain, optimise and extend the life of operating production facilities. The core Asset Support services include brownfield projects, operation readiness, asset management and production improvement.
Working in our newly fitted offices in the Perth CBD, we have an onsite gym with five-star end of trip facilities. This is a full time permanent position.
As part of this role, while not limited to the following, you will undertake the following duties:
- Detailed layout, design and production of drawings encompassing all aspects of a package in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements
- Managing, directing, and overseeing a small team of designers
- Inter-discipline liaison, support and timely transfer of information
- Timely completion of drawings and schedules
- Review and processing of vendor data and drawings
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets
- Adherence to Wood Standards and Procedures
- Assist in checking of study and project drawings
- Miscellaneous drafting and site tasks, as directed
- Assistance with site installation and commissioning
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to establish timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, resource requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project
- Ensures adherence to corporate policy and best practice, and sets project evaluation parameters
- Negotiates changes to project scope with the customer
- Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule and quality
- Pursues and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalisation and technology use, work share and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Approves project procedures and project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
- Oversees proposals and call-offs (may be single projects) within delegation of authority, ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical conduct
- Monitors adherence to schedule, cost and quality and proactively intervenes to avoid slippage
- Ensures that the required project management software systems are established for the project and the supporting training is completed
- Ensure the project assurance protocol and schedule are established
- Involved in establishing terms and conditions, and wider scope and larger size of projects may require more visibility in the community as well as activity in attracting project staff
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established, and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Drives good practices, including corporate initiatives, across projects and programs
Wood is currently recruiting a Project Manager with EPC & pharmaceutical experience to support on a client site in Barnard Castle, County Durham. This is a permanent staff role and we will consider applications from local applicants and travellers who would be happy to be site based for at least 4 days per week.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a programme of works at a pharmaceutical site, potentially with support from a small team of Project Engineers. Projects will comprise of multi-engineering disciplines/construction trades. A hands-on, can-do attitude is critical to the role.
The Project Manager will have full accountability for the full lifecycle of the projects. Experience of full lifecycle management is a pre-requisite, with active involvement in each phase preferred.
This will include input into project objectives and strategies, work scope, schedules, budget, and commercial plan
- Responsible for project objectives and strategies, work scopes, schedules, budget, risk and change management
- Working very closely with the Client to understand the scopes and influence the requirements to ensure the best solution
- Liaising with remote multi-discipline engineering teams where required, through discussions and regular progress meetings
- Monitoring and controlling performance against budget, schedule, quality, and safety requirements
- Using appropriate reporting methods
- Act as client focal point for all scopes within the remit.
- Frequently chair/facilitate meetings with client, internal and external stakeholders.
- Interface with the client at a senior level
- Maintaining close contact with the Client throughout to ensure needs are effectively met
- Identifying changes in the work scope, ensuring these are dealt with accordingly
- Identifying and managing risk
- Ensuring variations are raised and processed at the correct stage for any changes in work
- Promoting quality and safety at all times
- Frequent engagement with Subcontractors
- Potential line management responsibility of a small team of Project Engineers who will support with the programme of works
Wood Process & Energy is looking to recruit a Project Engineer with a background in validation to support with the delivery of an EPC framework contract on a large pharmaceutical site based in Barnard Castle, County Durham.
This is a permanent staff, site based role where you would be running several projects at once.
This is an exciting time to join the Wood team if you are looking to gain Pharma experience.
Workscope include hugely diverse projects such as:
- Steam and Condensate Upgrades
- Chilled Water Upgrades
- Substation replacement
- Office upgrade
- HVAC Upgrade/replacement
- Heat Exchanger/pump replacement
- Sprinkler Upgrades
- Fire and Gas Upgrades
- Road upgrades, traffic management around site
Supports first-class delivery in their assigned project(s) through coordinating and delivering the full project lifecycle for assigned project scopes to schedule and in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications and standards.
- Coordinates a series of activities performed by engineers, designers and others from multiple engineering disciplines to support the timely issuing of engineering deliverables to meet project specifications.
- Ensures engineering disciplines comply with all applicable quality and HSE requirements in preparation of deliverables
- Schedule preparation, planning and resource forecasting for engineering activities relating to the project
- Ensures accurate and timely delivery of work and resolves minor delays and change to the satisfaction of both internal and external customers.
- Alerts Project Manager in the event of major delays or change; revises scope and supports implementation of approved changes.
- Coordinates and assures technical excellence of interdisciplinary project deliverables
- Work closely with the construction team to ensure smooth and safe construction delivery
- Support with commissioning, validation and closeout activities
- Coordinate the preparation of project plans and multi-discipline documents such as basis of design, subcontract scopes of work, as well as constructability reviews and subcontractor engagement.
- Prepare Construction Phase Plans, review of subcontractor RAMS
- Able to coordinate inputs from multidisciplinary engineering teams in one office location, OR from a single discipline team across multiple execution centres
- Coordinate inputs to and issue engineering deliverables such as Designs, Reports etc, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Execute assigned project scope in accordance with the project engineering manhour budget and schedule requirements
- Implement the engineering workshare strategies for multi-centre execution projects for assigned project scope.
- Coordinate engineering activities performed by others
- Under guidance, prepares project-specific procedures
- Report on progress issues.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry
- Provide specialist engineering support to global projects in a major engineering contractor organization
- Preparation of Equipment Technical Material Requisitions, such as Specification and Mechanical Data Sheets, for Enquiry
- Technical evaluation / clarification of supplier bids, plus the technical reports to support order placement
- Preparation of Equipment Technical Material Requisition for order including mechanical data sheets
- Review of Process Data Sheets and Supplier documentation for integration within Project design, such as GA / Details / Calculations / Fabrication Procedures
- Project technical support – familiarity with risk assessments, design reviews, constructability, HAZOP
- Technical supervision of supplier design and control of supplier interface, review of Vendor documents plus the co - ordination of interfaces with other engineering disciplines
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Civil Engineer in order to grow its Brisbane Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.
Commencing into the Detailed Design phase of the project you will need to have a sound background in civil engineering design and coordination to ensure the detail design is executed successfully. This project promises to deliver to those looking for a challenge and inclusion within a successful team.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
As a key member of the engineering team, some duties and responsibilities may include (but will not be limited to):
- Use technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments and produce engineering deliverables including complex problems
- Completes almost any engineering tasks with minimal guidance and direction
- Serve as the primary discipline engineer or discipline technical authority on projects
- Performs engineering assignments, usually representing a significant portion of a larger project
- Select engineering techniques to solve problems and makes design recommendations
- Solve problems requiring development of new approaches or new uses for existing approaches; exercises mature professional judgment in evaluating and selecting technical strategic options
- As necessary, modifies established guidelines, devises new approaches, applies existing criteria in new ways and draws conclusions from comparative situations
- Regularly functions as a technical leader or significant contributor to a major complex problem or project
- Produces innovative ideas and solves problems requiring development of new approaches or new uses for existing approaches
- Consistently called on to use creativity and professional judgement to formulate results based on engineering standards, experience and constructive thinking
- Develops unique solutions for complex technical problems
- Anticipates potential problems and takes the initiative to solve complex problems through creative thinking and creative use of internal and external resources both inside and outside of discipline expertise
- Exercises mature professional judgement in identifying the implications of experimental results
- Understands customer needs and applies technical solutions to meet goals
- Provide technical input and support to proposals as required
Wood requiere contratar para su linea de negocio de Minería y Minerales, un/a Ingeniero/a de Proyecto quien será responsable por la coordinación de las disciplinas de ingeniería, manejo de alcances, costos, programación y riesgos, asi como la adminisración de cambios y la elaboración de reportes.
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting for a Principal Automation Engineer with a strong track record as an Interface / Lead Engineer supporting effective delivery of the works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring, reporting of progress and resolution of problems. The position will be based in our Milan office in Italy
Wood’s AI team provides a wide range of solutions leveraging real - time data and automation solutions globally and across multiple industrial market. As an independent integrator, we provide operational technology (physical and digital) to connect, control and optimize process and manufacturing facilities.
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
The Senior Interface Engineer will be an integral member of the AI Engineering team working with Milan Projects to provide general coordination of overall Automation activities including interface management between Owner, Vendor and Engineering Team
Responsibilities / Duties
- Leading the team through the preparation, execution, and handover of completed Automation work scope
- Supports Engineering sub - teams in distributing pertinent information from multiple process and package vendors
- Represent as an Automation Lead to support the Milan Projects team with execution support and enquires
- Coordinates with project discipline and senior engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design for their engineering specialty and coordinates the work of engineers within their specialty
- Prepares and reviews project deliverable such as design drawings and documents and material and equipment specifications
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards
- Produces Monthly Technical Progress Reports
- Programme input and updates
- Customer focal point, ensuring client satisfaction / requirements are addressed or met
- Support the bid and estimating function especially for future phases of work
- Supports RFQs and Requisitions for vendors
- Supports project evaluation (Technical KPIs)
- Mentoring ability for team members