Wood is recruiting for an experienced Proposal Manager to join our team in the Reading, UK office on an permanent staff basis.
Proposals consist of a technical solution and a commercial offer and it is the responsibility of the Proposals Manager, working with key support groups including Commercial, Contractual and Technical disciplines, to produce a winning proposition for client evaluation in line with Wood’s tender governance procedures, client engagement and presentations, contract negotiations and handover to project teams for execution.
- Manage and lead the overall bid process and be responsible for the overall bid submission (technical & commercial)
- Manage the development of expressions of interest, pre-qualifications and proposal responses as required following the Proposals Process, including:
- Leading and working with the Proposal Team, drive the development of the proposal win strategy and value proposition
- Assist the assigned Project Manager in the preparation of the technical content including project execution methodology and supporting documents such as schedule, personnel nominations, man-hours, deliverables lists, technical clarifications and deviations
- Manage the proposals coordinators with proposal data entry, formatting, editing, reviews, reproduction and delivery
- Establish, monitor and control the budget for a proposal, pre-qualification and expression of interest as required
- Set and manage the proposal schedule and allocation of responsibilities to the bid team, in line with the tender governance procedures, ensuring the bid team are on target throughout the proposal process
- Arrange and chair various strategy and review sessions coordinating feedback received into the proposal response
- Manage the Risk Management processes and support the Commercial Review Process to prepare and submit proposals
- Assist the Project Services Manager in the preparation of the commercial content including rates, pricing of hours, commercial clarifications and deviations
- Lead and present the commercial proposal reviews to Senior Management, including red team, contractual, commercial and stage gate approval reviews
- Assist and facilitate technical reviews
- Ensure timely submission of proposals to client office
- Lead, present, attend and facilitate client meetings as required including the preparation of presentation material
- The role will involve regular engagement with and presentation to Wood Senior Corporate Management in establishing and managing the proposal strategy and approval to submit stage gate
Wood está en búsqueda de un/a Jefe/a de Proyecto para importante proyecto de su línea de servicio Projects-Renewable Energy & Power, vinculado a transporte.
Wood (trading locally as WOOD KSS LLP) is currently recruiting for a Company Engineering Manager - Expression of interest with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry (for KZ passport holders).
Responsible for functional management, management of resourcing and forecasting, development of discipline engineering resources and governance of discipline practices and procedures within the company.
Provide leadership to Discipline Leads, and have functional oversight of the performance of all discipline engineering in their assigned grouping. Support and drive engineering excellence across wider organisation
Support BD opportunities as required
Responsible for the execution of the engineering portion of a multi-discipline engineering scope of work on one or more projects / work scopes. Has responsibility for coordinating and completing the various engineering, and start-up aspects of a project(s) while meeting HSSE, quality, schedule, and budget performance goals. Has responsibility for the technical excellence of the engineering portion of a project(s) across all disciplines
Contributes to delivery of engineering excellence through:
- Driving technical assurance on the assigned scope(s) of work
- Managing and leading, supporting and supervising the discipline engineering teams on the assigned scope(s) of work
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- Developing and retaining motivated and competent people
- Undertaking the role of process owner
- Driving safety by design
- Driving and leading on opportunities for innovation
May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the engineering work of the department.
The Engineering Manager leads by example, consistently displaying and enforcing the Company’s values and behaviours, and commitment to the highest standards of safe and ethical behaviour, to ensure safe and reliable operations and client satisfaction.
Driving technical assurance
- Continuous promotion of corporate / client specific procedures
- Assist in incident investigations as required
- Monitors compliance with standards and processes to assure delivery
- Roll out and Implementation of learning opportunities from across the business
- Driving continual focus on process safety through the engineering team
- Driving elimination of technical incidents through robust controls, incident reviews and embedding lessons learned
- Identifies and mitigates areas of risk and improvement opportunities
- Identifies and pursues improvement opportunities
- Managing and leading, supporting and supervising the multidiscipline engineering team
Managing and leading, supporting and supervising the multidiscipline engineering team
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of a multidiscipline engineering team
- Assist in the management of recruitment, selection, transfers, performance management, succession planning and promotion of resources to meet engineering team requirements
- Ensuring appropriately resourced and competent personnel on Project/Contract
- Oversight and control of Engineering Histogram to support workforce planning
- Assist in setting & maintaining standards for the development and retention of motivated and competent people
Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- Responsible for the engineering content of project execution plans for assigned contracts/projects
- Responsible for the direction and management of the engineering and associated project activities of the business grouping/Project
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively
- Consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals and present engineering reports and findings
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Focuses on managerial concerns of the project such as cost, completion date, and resource allocation. Provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work
- Reviews technical concepts of major projects
- Personally participates in solving difficult technical problems
- Resolves conflicts that are complex and manages divergent audience
- Responsible for facilitating agreement between conflicting parties
- Resolves issues which are non-recurring and occasionally novel
- Carries responsibility for resolution of major problems for the engineering segment
- Assist in identifying and requesting functional support to projects / contracts as required
- Accountable for the efficient planning and management of engineering resouces, identifying ad pursuing opportunities for margin improvement, including HVEC utilisation
Undertaking the role of process owner
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department
- Directs the application of existing principles and the development of new polices and strategies aligned with OU, BU and Corporate objectives
- Conduit for regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology Developments
Wood is currently recruiting for Construction Supervisor - Mechanical / Piping with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis.
- Supervision of construction activities including cross country construction and construction of pipeline attributes at facilities
- Manage Contractor work on behalf of Owner to ensure safety, quality and technical correctness in line with drawings, specifications and technical standards
- Drive (HSSE) standards, procedures, rules and regulations
- Establish and maintain good working relations with Project, Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations counterparts
- Contribute to successful interfaces with other stakeholders
- Coordinate with Project Engineers materials and design delivery to support construction activities
- Tailor construction and execution approaches considering the local contracting market and capabilities
- Champion performance against measurable construction targets as part of the overall project schedule
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil/Structural Engineer with extensive Operations & MOC experience in the oil and gas industry. There is no rotation associated with this position and as such, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
- To promote safe behavior at all times.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- To provide field study, field measurement and field support as required.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Civil/Structural engineering and design.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
Wood is currently looking for a TPE IV / Senior Instrument Engineer to work in our Al Khobar office, Saudi Arabia.
- Performs complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved products, processes or techniques
- Assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering designs, products, and equipment
- Uses advanced technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments and produce engineering deliverables including complex problems and to complete any project tasks with minimal guidance and direction
- May serve as the Lead Engineer or the project Technical Authority on projects and hold advanced level specialization in one or more areas of expertise
- Functions as a technical specialist who develops applications, hypothesis, approaches and applies advanced engineering concepts to unique engineering problems
- In addition to specialization, generally directs highly qualified professionals engaged in complex engineering projects
- Provides technical reviews for complex project within the area of expertise
- In consulting business areas, may have authority for a portfolio of consulting projects, managing and providing technical direction and guidance, managing client relationship and project team engagement, with responsibility for cost, schedule, resource allocation and risk
- Assists in establishing project aims and outcomes to contribute to the development of a comprehensive project design
- Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling projects
- Makes recommendations on project organization requirements, work methods and procedures and technical innovations by devising practical and economical solutions to problems in own or various engineering disciplines
- Supervises and participates in delivery of complex engineering tasks
- Formulates and directs investigations or prototype, model and system studies, evaluating and interpreting the data obtained and recommending practical application of results
- Contributes to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and complex coordination requirements
- Coordinates implementation of design engineering solutions
- Reviews project-related documentation to ensure accuracy
- Supervises complex engineering tasks related to a portion of a major project
- Work consists of complex procedures and tasks where diagnostic ability is required to assess the situation and identify appropriate actions to follow
- Assignments cover broad and complex subject matter where issues and factors may be characterized by unusual demands and require additional evaluation to establish the nature and scope of the problem
- Exercises mature business judgement in devising practical, economical solutions
- Participate in incident investigations as required
- Assesses work against standards, aims and specifications
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- Organising, active participation and occasional leading of design reviews
Wood is recruiting for a TPE II / Instrument Engineer, to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well-established Instrumentation & Control Engineering department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood. projects.
- Responsible for field instrumentation and control system design of oil & gas upstream, downstream, refining, petrochemical design for FEED and detail design phases
- Participate in all instrumentation related aspects of overall control and safety design
- Participate in the engineering and design of a facility under the supervision of senior personnel, including heavy coordination with Process Engineering, Piping Design, and Mechanical Engineering groups for functional requirements of instruments
- The associate position will have the following duties that will be developed through training with oversight Awareness of the following responsibilities is required:
- Development of Instrument and Control portion of P&IDs
- Creation and Management of the Instrument Index database
- Specification and selection of field instruments to meet performance criteria
- Instrument Sizing calculations (Control Valves, Relief Valves, Flow Elements, and thermowell vibration calculations)
- Specification, selection, and purchase of all Instrumentation
- Specification, selection and purchase of Process Control Systems and Safety systems
- Functional design of the Process Control Logic and Safety logic (defining requirements)
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards
Wood is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Lead responsible for execution of supply chain activities in Milan office.
Duties specifically related to the function are the following:
- Definition of Project Procurement Plan and Procedures
- Responsible for the execution of all aspects of supply chain activities including expediting, procurement and negotiation
- Familiar with market scouting and supplier onboarding processes
- Definition of the bidder list for each inquiry
- Preparation of tender documentation as well as definition of pricing summary tailored to the scope of work
- Lead technical & commercial clarification meetings with bidders
- Examine, review and negotiate T&C’s
- Prepare and finalize commercial Bid Tabulations and Purchase Orders for all items to be purchased
- Collaborate with Key persons to ensure that company and client expectations are met
- Ensures all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan / schedule and in line with project processes and procedures
- Track and report KPI to measure cost reduction and improve efficiency
- Prepare and tailor project procurement reports in line with project / client requirements
- Comply with code of business conduct and ethics, corporate policies, procedures and work practices
Wood is currently recruiting for an Home Office Construction Engineer for the Milan office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide construction input to the project throughout the engineering phase
- Assist with aspects of the project construction strategy, execution planning and contracting strategy
- Provide input to the assessment and selection of construction contractors
- Prepare and review documents for approval to communicate installation sequencing
- Prepare project specific site procedures and work practices as necessary to meet Client requirements
- Provide Construction Engineering in accordance with project requirements and Home Office procedures
- Liaise with designers, engineers and Home Office Construction Manager / Coordinator throughout the engineering phase to maximize the use of construction knowledge and experience in all aspects of the project paying particular attention to constructability
- Assist with construction feasibility and method studies
- Prepare and review for approval plans, drawings, specifications, requisitions and bid summaries for all temporary construction facilities required within the Project scope
- Assist the Home Office Construction Manager in the development of the project logistic strategy
- Review the project requirements, the constructability and assist with the construction execution plan
- Provide Home Office clarification on issues raised at site by communication with other involved Home Office departments as necessary
- Maintain the necessary records to ensure quality assurance requirements are met
- Liaise with field staff on construction engineering matters
Wood está en búsqueda de un/a Jefe/a de Ingeniería para importante proyecto vinculado a Transporte de su línea de servicio Projects-Renewable Energy & Power
Wood is recruiting an Instrument - Technical Professional Engineering III to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well - established Instrument Engineering department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood projects
- Produces basic engineering deliverables such as philosophies, reports, specifications, data sheets, technical requisitions, and others
- Performs a variety of conventional engineering tasks in line with company practices, procedures, and programs
- Solves problems using a variety of standard methods, applying standard techniques involving only minor innovations of methodology to provide solutions to problems with a limited number of variables
- Participates with drafters, technicians, and others to contribute to project completion
- Coordinates work with other engineers and operating groups to facilitate participation of various organizational units
- Performs tests, research problems through various sources of technical information
- Designs or modifies components and determines the intent of a specification / instruction
- Makes recommendations on the acceptability of materials supplied and work completed by contractors
- Responsible for studies of limited scope requiring application of prescribed methods
- Problems involves existing technology and applications, but may involve non - recurring problems
- Demonstrates judgement in determining the methods to apply to assigned tasks
- Role Profile This document is uncontrolled once printed
- Makes limited changes to meet location conditions, new situations or to improve safety, economy, efficiency or applicability
- Note - taking and active participation in design reviews
- Review vendor documents under supervision and guidance
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across the project / contract interfaces
- Engage with inter - discipline community and promote discipline including: networking / knowledge sharing
- Builds internal relationships with others outside of own work group or team, particularly with internal customer
- Consults with other local and divisional sources as required
- Begins to initiate information exchanges participates as a team member and communicates information to appropriate parties at the appropriate time
Wood requiere contratar para su línea de servicio de Engineering Projects/Renewables Energy & Power, un/a Jefe de Proyecto.
El rol implica la responsabilidad general de participar de una cartera de proyectos a desarrollar por la empresa, asegurando la calidad de los servicios de ingeniería y la excelencia en la ejecución, con un fuerte enfoque en la planificación de los recursos, los costos del proyecto, así como también de los subcontratos y los compromisos ambientales, con el fin de entregar en forma exitosa a la gerencia operacional y al cliente cada uno de ellos.
Wood is currently looking for a Planner to work on the engineering and project management services in Saudi Arabia
- Assist and support the development and maintenance of planning control structures in alignment with approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Assist and support the development and maintenance of baseline project plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling software.
- Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle
- Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, including third parties, to maintain awareness of project activities, their status, and their impact on the project schedule and manpower requirements.
- Prepare and provide copies of project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Prepare and provide copies of project progress and performance status reports in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Prepare updates to project plans and schedules
- Prepare, updates to project manpower requirements
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of change notifications
- Monitor overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and analyse project performance in relation to planned performance.
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man-hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules.
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required
- Participate in Project Controls Compliance and Continuous Improvement Reviews
Plant & HGV Fitter / Engineer
Reporting day to day business directly to the Workshop Supervisor, with a reporting line to the Plant & Equipment Manager as appropriate, the successful candidate must be adaptable and have a professional approach.
Specific roles and responsibilities will include:
- Inspection & Routine Servicing/Maintenance of various Tractors.
- Inspection & Maintenance of Tractor Mounted Winch’s.
- Inspection & Maintenance of Truck/Lorry Mounted Cranes.
- Inspection & Maintenance of HGV Vehicles including prep for Test’s
- Inspection & Maintenance of Varied Hydraulic Equipment.
- Inspect & Repair non Specialist Plant / Vehicles when required.
- Maintain PPM Schedules on all Plant
- Liaise with Plant Department ensure FTA Inspections are carried out in specified time periods.
- Liaise with Plant Department ensure full compliance with Test & Certification.
- Liaise with Plant Department & Material Controller ensure Plant Damage reports are completed & recorded.
- Identification of Parts / Spares including Requisition & Order.
- Assist on Sites & Stores when required.
Wood is looking for Static Equipment Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services in AlKhobar office
Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment
Prepares appropriate documentation for assigned projects including technical specifications, datasheets and requisitions for equipment
Review and verification of equipment supplier’s documentation, as well as support during the testing and commissioning of equipment
Management of supplier designs and act as focal point for control of supplier interfaces, including the co-ordination of multi-discipline engineering interfaces
Ensures successful completion of the assigned project/phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints
Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work
Assist with the development of less senior Technical Professionals
Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
Participate in site visits, project review meetings, design reviews and other workshops as required
Execution of work demonstrating commitment to safety and quality
Wood Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences business is currently recruiting for an experienced Permit Issuer to work under the clients work permit system as part of an EPC framework contract on a large pharmaceutical site.
This is a full time, permanent position and you will be based on the client site at Ware, Hertfordshire.
Representing Wood at our Client Construction Site you will:
- Ensure regular site visibility is conducted to assure compliance with work permit receiving criteria
- Promote safe working behaviours
- Be on hand to manage any change to agreed planned work and offer support with safety related issues and concerns.
- Ensure that the permits have all the required documentation, certification and approval signatures and that the necessary risk assessments are being performed.
- Implement and monitoring of the permit to work system to assure the work is carried out safely and in accordance with relevant guidelines, including PSSP (Project Specific Safety Plan), SIMOPS Plan & other SOP’s.
- Ensure and control Project Construction activities are planned (through PTW issuance) and conducted in compliance with the applicable HSE rules and the safe operational working practices.
- Ensure all required documentation accompanies requests for permits & applications for permits with necessary support documentation are properly completed as required by SIMOPS Plan.
- Coordinate forward planning with Project Construction Team so all permit requirements are ready for the start of the day’s work.
- Track work permits throughout the entire process from initiation to completion and close-out, ensures record keeping requirements are met (electronic / hard copies) Elaborate PTW KPI’s, analyse trends and suggest improvement actions.
- Liaise with Performing Authorities to ensure correct work Permit is generated and identify the need for any supporting documents.
- Identify potential area of conflict from simultaneous and adjacent work scopes, maintain statistical data in PTW system & identify opportunities to improve efficiency & interfaces of PTW System.
- Monitor / audits the PTW compliance especially the Lock Out / Tag Out system in relation to issued work permits, assistance where necessary to ensure appropriate risk assessments are carried out prior to permit issue.
- Ensure that Company HSE Policy and contractual HSE requirements are enforced within the framework of all site construction activities.
Wood currently has a number of requirements in our Reading Process Engineering Department for contract Principal Process Engineers with experience in extractive metallurgy, and specifically materials handling and hydrometallurgy. The successful candidates will have responsibility for resolution of process design issues and development of process deliverables.
We are seeking contractors with skills to:
- Deliver process designs in FEED and EPC projects
- Undertake process design work of units as required and check work on the project as appropriate
- Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
- Undertake detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for the accuracy of these calculations
- Develop the design for slurry-containing lines, equipment and instrumentation, including hydraulic calculations and line sizing for slurry lines
- Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with Wood procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to Hazops, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Contribute where necessary to review of supplier quotations and reviews of the project 3D CAD model
- Ensure that requirements of licensor / equipment supplier secrecy agreements are compiled within the work performed
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with client engineers
- Assist as required in the preparation of Operating Manuals
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer to support our UK project team, the role will be based in a contractors office in Rome. The project is a new water intake structure in an existing water treatment facility. This role will be to provide the coordination of engineering assurance activities between the EPC Contractors office and the Engineering assurance team in the UK.
- Ensure coordination of engineering assurance activities between the EPC Contractor and the Wood office in UK
- Arrange engineering meetings to close out comment response sheets in conjunction with the Contractor
- Prepare weekly status reports for assurance activities.
- Organise, attend, contribute to design reviews
- Support constructability reviews
- review design review reports produced by the EPC Contractor
- Collate actions and be responsible for expediting the closure of outstanding actions with engineering disciplines
- Understand project work sequences in producing deliverables and executing activities and has a good knowledge of standards, specifications and procedures
- Control and forecast work area activities and deliverables against schedule
- Contribute and participate to work in an enthusiastic manner, working to the requirements of quality and environmental management systems maintained to ISO standards
- Understand the nature of and contribute to the identification and control of change and prepare project and progress reports
Wood Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences business are currently recruiting for a Validation Engineer to support on the delivery of an EPC framework contract on a large pharmaceutical site.
This is a full time, permanent position and you will be based on the client site at Ware, Hertfordshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organise validation activities in order to provide an effective validation service.
- Plan validation activities to ensure customer and business needs are met in alignment with the overall project plans and objectives.
- Present & justify validation scope and documents
- Review and approve documentation and reports supporting the validation exercise.
- Ensure that both team and key customers are kept informed of changes to validation requirements.
- Definition of the commissioning and qualification strategy (incl. Development of System Impact Assessment, Validation Master Plan, C&Q schedule)
- Formal GMP reviews during Concept, Scheme and Detailed Design phases
- Risk Assessment for GMP Systems
- Design Qualification (with Traceability Matrix) for GMP Systems
- Review of FAT protocols, execute and witnessing of FAT
- Review of Vendors’ SAT protocols
- Preparation of Commissioning protocols
- Preparation of IQ/OQ protocols
- Review of IQ/OQ protocols prepared by equipment Vendors
- Coordination/witness to SAT/Commissioning tests executed by Vendors/Contractors
- Review of executed SAT/Commissioning protocols
- Coordination/execution/witness to IQ/OQ tests executed by Vendors/Contractors
- Execution of FAT, SAT and IQ/OQ
The Wood SEC team has a global capability and consists of a team of highly specialist Study Managers and Technical Consultants holding many years of experience in the successful delivery of early phase project activities throughout the energy industry. The team has a focus on the Energy Transition; including the decarbonisation of the traditional conventional energy sector, as well as the development of new energy projects.
To manage and administer Specialist Engineering & Consulting (SEC) studies in accordance with the contract terms and conditions and the project execution plan. To manage risk relating to execution of the contract and to manage contract changes as they arise. To manage relationships with Clients, being aware of and responding to customer needs, whilst still achieving study and Wood company objectives. To organise and manage the study team to achieve the health, safety, environmental, schedule, cost and quality requirements of the study. To ensure that Wood’s and Client’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Procedures are followed. To identify and promote further business opportunities for Wood and support proposal preparation, business development and marketing activities within the group.
A Study Manager will be responsible for the execution of Studies (e.g. concept studies, feasibility assessments and pre-FEED), demonstrating the following competencies:
- Project Execution: Agrees the Project Execution Plan and Quality Assurance Plan with the client in a timely manner. Takes responsibility for the study schedule, resources, cost and profit, and monitors these to deliver a positive outcome for both the client and SEC. Maintains accurate and timely internal and external reporting in line with the contract and departmental procedures.
- Team Leadership: Liaises with Discipline Managers to secure appropriate resources to meet the study schedule. Arranges onboarding and regular team meetings to ensure that all staff are aligned to the study objectives, scope of work, work breakdown structures and co-ordination procedures. Motivates others to improve their performance, sets stretch targets and holds individuals accountable.
- Customer Focus: Creates a credible and professional image to internal and external customers and other stakeholders. Uses their knowledge and expertise to identify the difference between customer wants and their true needs. Takes a proactive approach to obtaining feedback from their clients.
- Risk Management: Understands the contract, sub-contracts and Non-Disclosure Agreements, and ensures the conditions in these are met throughout the study. Develops a Risk Matrix for the project and updates this regularly, recording the risk mitigation measures that have been taken. Ensures that team members visiting operating plants, suppliers' works or construction sites are briefed on appropriate health, safety and environmental requirements and have appropriate protective equipment.
- Commercial Understanding: Clearly understands commercial drivers for a project and delivers technical / execution solutions to achieve commercial objectives for all stakeholders. Delivers group profit in line with or in excess of the original expected profit.
- Business Development: Works closely with Proposals Manager and Business Line Managers to develop strong technical execution plans aligned to the defined business winning themes. Idenitifies opportunities for Captial Projects or other Service Lines in future work phases and supports the development of Business Winning Strategies. Builds lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with clients for the long term financial benefit of Wood.
- Continuous Improvement: Reviews and implements lessons learnt from past studies. Identifies opportunities for wider collaboration with other Wood Service Lines or offices. Generates a precise End of Project Report, highlighting opportunities for improved performance on future studies.
- Proposal Preparation and Business Development: Lead or provide technical input to sales and proposal activities. Develop project execution plans, schedules and manpower plans at proposal review stage, and organise/ participate in review, when requested.