Construction Manager – Central Scotland Based
Wood Process & Energy are seeking expressions of interest from Construction Managers with extensive onshore expertise in a Mechanical & Piping or Electrical & Instrumentation discipline with experience working on large scale EPCm projects, Power Generation and Steam Turbines within the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical industries to support a potential upcoming project.
In order to support this growth we anticipate the need for a Construction Manager in Central Scotland for a duration of 12 – 18 months.
- Executing assigned scopes of work in a timely manner and within Key Performance Indicator (KPI) schedules
- Delivering and actively promoting the Wood core values, policies and procedures
- Driving safety leadership and ensuring safe delivery of multi-discipline work scopes
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with peer groups, management, internal and external stakeholders
- Delivering Construction activities in line with Construction Excellence
- Reviewing planned activities for constructability, providing accurate feedback
- Executing assigned scopes of work as a role model for reports
- Providing technical expertise and guidance on all construction related activities
- Managing and leading all construction reports to ensure delivery against milestones and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- Set and apply strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy / procedures, work force staffing, and budgeting
- Mentoring, supervising and supporting development for reports, ensure learning opportunities are captured and realised
- Provide input to the performance management of direct reports through supervision
- Ensure management of third party suppliers in the execution of operational delivery
- Effective delegation to ensure the continuity of work scope execution
- Ensure competence of direct reports and review in accordance with competency assessment programme
- Set expectations and manage performance of direct reports
- In conjunction with the line, manage succession planning for direct reports
- Management of Field Construction works including Direct Hire Scopes
Wood is currently recruiting for a PMC Senior Process Engineer to be based in Abu Dhabi city on ADNOC Offshore - 1MMBD project. Successful candidate would be responsible for below duties;
- Provide technical expertise on all engineering subject matter pertaining to Process engineering and design
- Ensure Process design and engineering compliance with relevant codes, standards and Company standards
- Coordinate, Monitor and handle Process design and engineering with EPC contractor as per project expectation and complete the same within the time frame
- Work with other discipline engineers within IPMT, EPC contractor, and ADNOC Offshore Engineering / Operation / Site Interface to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Process engineering execution and integrity etc
- Perform regular and timely technical reviews of Process engineering deliverables developed by engineering consultants / contractors, ensuring design quality in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices
- Ensure integration of overall Process engineering coordination within IPMT
- Review and approval of Engineering Consultant's and EPC Contractor's work and ensure compliance with the project specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices
- Coordinate the required engineering participation in the development and analysis of various design options and business models
- Contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to design optimization and validation
- Participate in teams for equipment sizing / equipment selection considering optimization and standardization
- Ensure that the facilities are designed in accordance with the latest corporate guidelines with respect to environment and health aspects
- Ensure full utilization of the existing facilities while optimizing the facilities required for the new projects
- Participate in layout reviews, Model review, design reviews, and technical workshops
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline engineers
- Coordinate technical reviews and bid evaluation, and performance evaluation
- Provide technical assistance during installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning
Wood is currently recruiting for a PMC Lead Project Engineer to be based in Abu Dhabi city on ADNOC Offshore - 1MMBD project. Successful candidate would be responsible for below duties;
- Lead the engineering team, supported by the Discipline Lead Engineers
- Work together with the Project Teams and Department Heads to achieve Project objectives
- Manage the engineering resource in delivering the work.
- Coordinate across disciplines and manage technical interfaces.
- Ensure that all staff responsibilities and competencies are matched to job requirements.
- Ensure that all staff under his / her supervision is working to the client procedures, specifications and standards and to any project-specific agenda.
- Manage the day today interfacing between the Projects and the disciplines of Piping, Mechanical, Structural, and E&I and specialist disciplines.
- Participate in key customer reviews and meetings as required.
- Conduct succession planning within the engineering team, especially for key roles.
- Implement competence assessments and regular performance assessments with Team.
- Ensure team know and work to procedures in order to be efficient and right first time.
- Provide development opportunities for personnel – to increase breadth of experience and capability.
- Site visits to demonstrate safety leadership.
- Develop and maintain effective working practices for the Wood project management team
- Provide, with full responsibility and accountability, leadership and excellence in the achievement of coordinating both technical and governance through the EPC Stages of the Project
- Take full technical and commercial responsibility for execution of the contract in all matters covered within the terms of the contract (from initial contract review to project close-out)
- Identify and communicate project team objectives in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and corporate policy
- Organize the project team, define individual responsibilities and motivate team members towards successful achievement of specified project goals, particularly through regular project meetings
- Delegate work to the project team members in a manner that encourages individual responsibility
- Achieve scheduled performance, cost, quality and HSE requirements from award to acceptance
- Direct contractors on a complex Onshore / offshore Brownfield and major project arising from technical changes with Contracting Parties
- Provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders during project execution to meet project objectives
- Oversee different contracting parties, owners, customers, government bodies and existing facilities in coordination
- Manage complicated issues among different project phases and the existing facilities
- Provide leadership and management for the PMT and EPC to ensure safe, cost effective and timely resolution of all interfaces
- Ensure that company policies, procedures and controls are adhered to at all times
- Be exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments. Attend to and resolve conflicts, challenges and problems related to a large multi-cultural and multi-discipline technical workforce
- Carryout Technical Evaluation of Bids, Issue Bid Technical Clarifications, Technical Evaluation Reports and Recommendations
Permit To Work Coordinator – Central Scotland Based
Wood Process & Energy are seeking expressions of interest from Permit To Work Coordinators with extensive onshore experience, working on large scale EPCm projects, Power Generation and Steam Turbines within the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical industries to support a potential upcoming project.
In order to support this growth we anticipate the need for a Permit To Work Coordinator in Central Scotland for a duration of 12 – 18 months.
- Ensuring that the permits have all the required documentation, certification and approval signatures and that the necessary risk assessments are being performed.
- Implementation and monitoring of the permit to work system to assure the work is carried out safely and in accordance with relevant guidelines, including PSSP (Project Specific Safety Plan), SIMOPS Plan and other SOP’s.
- Ensure and control project Construction activities are planned through PTW issuance and conducted in compliance with the applicable HSE rules and the safe operational working practices.
- Ensure all required documentation accompanies requests for permits and applications for permits with necessary support documentation are properly completed as required by SIMOPS Plan.
- Coordinates forward planning with Project Construction Team so all permit requirements are ready for the start of the day’s work.
- Tracks work permits throughout the entire process from initiation to completion and close-out, ensures record keeping requirements are met (electronic / hard copies) Elaborate PTW KPI’s, analyse trends and suggest improvement actions.
- Liaise with Performing Authorities to ensure correct work Permit is generated and identify the need for any supporting documents.
- Identification of potential area of conflict from simultaneous and adjacent work scopes, maintain statistical data in PTW system and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and interfaces of PTW System.
- Monitors / Audits the PTW compliance especially the Lock Out / Tag Out system in relation to issued work permits, assistance where necessary to ensure appropriate risk assessments are carried out prior to permit issue.
- Ensure that Company HSE Policy and contractual HSE requirements are enforced within the framework of all site construction activities.
SIP Superintendent – Central Scotland Based
Wood Process & Energy are seeking expressions of interest from SIP Superintendents with extensive onshore experience, working on large scale EPCm projects, Power Generation and Steam Turbines within the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical industries to support a potential upcoming project.
In order to support this growth we anticipate the need for a Superintendent in Central Scotland for a duration of 12 – 18 months.
- Perform an inspection upon receipt of equipment against the current equipment data sheets and GA drawings, ensure that contractors carry out all preservation and maintenance checks with IMRC cards readily available and up to date.
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for foundation acceptance, grout release, vessel closure, tower and drum acceptance, heat exchanger inspection, pump installation, cold alignment etc. all in accordance with contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications.
- Coordinate with all necessary disciplines to ensure package equipment is installed and hooked up in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure efficient use of specialist vendor representatives, arranging contractor support and Client witness as required in accordance with the commissioning handover and start-up schedule.
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for underground metallic and non-metallic checks, pre and posttest checks, hydrostatic testing, flushing and drying, safety relief valve installation etc. all in accordance with contractors agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications.
- Identify the hand over sequence on a system by system, area by area basis, all scheduled to produce logically planned work completions for commissioning and start-up requirements.
- Ensure that the contractors scaffold material is of a Wood approved type and that contractor scaffolders are experienced and qualified in its use.
- Ensure that all scaffold structures and false work are controlled by a Scaftag type system, ensure that only qualified scaffold personnel modify scaffold structures, false work, and move scaffold boards.
- Ensure that scaffolding contractor work performance and schedule meets the requirements of contractor requests for scaffolding installation.
- Prior to start of painting and insulation activities ensure that all procedures and material data sheets for compliance with project specifications and practical site operational requirements have been reviewed.
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for surface preparation, dry film thickness checks, adhesion test, temperature and humidity levels etc. all in accordance with contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications.
- Ensure all approved modifications and corrections to the Piping Line List paint and insulation codes are recorded on red-lined ‘as-built’ Line Lists verified as correct by field personnel.
Wood is recruiting a Senior Piping Designer to join our team in Manila. The project will run over a five - year period with a possible two - year extension. Wood has many years of experience in carrying such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the execution and delivery of the Piping Design. This will include the use of relevant software such as PDMS, preparing PFDs, UFDs and intelligent P&IDs. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines like, planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and client operations.
Wood is looking at a right first time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Execute all Piping Engineering activities
- Maintain technical integrity
- Deliver and support a strong HSE culture
- Work within budget and schedule limits
- Assist other disciplines to achieve their goals
- Support Management where required
- Drive innovative solutions to reduce cost and schedule
- Participate in relevant meetings, such as Model Review and PEER Reviews
- Take full cognizance of Health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Liaise and interact with other disciplines to ensure overall project goals are met
- Advise management of variations in a timely manner
- Utilize suitable technology to increase efficiency
- Ensure all work reflects the context of a Brownfield Rejuvenation Project
- Support the Lead Piping Engineer supervising younger Designers and Draughtspersons
- Support training requirements for Design team members
- Ensure all deliverables are aligned with company and client procedures and national standards
- Ensure documents are originated, checked and approved by suitable competent personnel
- Keep up to date with latest procedures, client requirements and legislation
Mechanical Superintendent – Central Scotland Based
Wood Process & Energy are seeking expressions of interest from Mechanical Superintendents with extensive onshore expertise in Static & Rotating Equipment and experience working on large scale EPCm projects, Power Generation and Steam Turbines within the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical industries to support a potential upcoming project.
In order to support this growth we anticipate the need for a Superintendent in Central Scotland for a duration of 12 – 18 months.
- Ensure contractors adhere strictly to the latest approved for construction project drawings, specifications, procedures and site instructions.
- In conjunction with the Commissioning Manager ensure pre-commissioning requirements are undertaken in accordance with project specifications and procedures, and coordinated with ongoing construction activities.
- Provide daily supervisory surveillance checks and records, ensuring that contractors management and supervision are providing safe working conditions.
- Permitting procedures, protective equipment, experienced/qualified supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets.
- Routinely study, check, review and validate the discipline scope of work against the appropriate Contract Requisition to ensure the Contractors correctly interpret and comply with the latest revision AFC drawings, quantities, and specifications.
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for underground metallic and non-metallic checks, pre and post test checks, hydrostatic testing, flushing and drying, safety relief valve installation etc. all in accordance with contractors agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications.
- Identify the hand over sequence on a system by system, area by area basis, aall scheduled to produce logically planned work completions for commissioning and start-up requirements.
Lifting & Transportation Superintendent – Central Scotland Based
Wood Process & Energy are seeking expressions of interest from Lifting & Transportation Superintendents with extensive onshore experience, working on large scale EPCm projects, Power Generation and Steam Turbines within the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical industries to support a potential upcoming project.
In order to support this growth we anticipate the need for a Superintendent in Central Scotland for a duration of 12 – 18 months.
- To audit and assure compliance to the project and client processes and procedures
- Manage and agree any changes to lift plans are necessary, documented and formally recorded / re-approved
- Audit contractors rigging loft and management thereof
- Site review of execution compliance and plan matches action on site
- Monitor contractors performance against plan
- Verify calculations and weight estimates are accurate and appropriate in contractor lift plans
- Audit training and competency of contractors operatives
- Audit 3rd party crane suppliers equipment and personnel
- Guidance and input in to contractor lifting constructability reviews
- Review and comment on contractors lift plans
- Input and direction to contractors heavy lift sub-contractor
- Lead site safety conversations and formal audits with contractors operatives
Wood is currently looking for a TPE IV / Senior Instrument Engineer to work in our Al Khobar office, Saudi Arabia.
- Performs complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved products, processes or techniques
- Assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering designs, products, and equipment
- Uses advanced technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments and produce engineering deliverables including complex problems and to complete any project tasks with minimal guidance and direction
- May serve as the Lead Engineer or the project Technical Authority on projects and hold advanced level specialization in one or more areas of expertise
- Functions as a technical specialist who develops applications, hypothesis, approaches and applies advanced engineering concepts to unique engineering problems
- In addition to specialization, generally directs highly qualified professionals engaged in complex engineering projects
- Provides technical reviews for complex project within the area of expertise
- In consulting business areas, may have authority for a portfolio of consulting projects, managing and providing technical direction and guidance, managing client relationship and project team engagement, with responsibility for cost, schedule, resource allocation and risk
- Assists in establishing project aims and outcomes to contribute to the development of a comprehensive project design
- Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling projects
- Makes recommendations on project organization requirements, work methods and procedures and technical innovations by devising practical and economical solutions to problems in own or various engineering disciplines
- Supervises and participates in delivery of complex engineering tasks
- Formulates and directs investigations or prototype, model and system studies, evaluating and interpreting the data obtained and recommending practical application of results
- Contributes to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and complex coordination requirements
- Coordinates implementation of design engineering solutions
- Reviews project-related documentation to ensure accuracy
- Supervises complex engineering tasks related to a portion of a major project
- Work consists of complex procedures and tasks where diagnostic ability is required to assess the situation and identify appropriate actions to follow
- Assignments cover broad and complex subject matter where issues and factors may be characterized by unusual demands and require additional evaluation to establish the nature and scope of the problem
- Exercises mature business judgement in devising practical, economical solutions
- Participate in incident investigations as required
- Assesses work against standards, aims and specifications
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- Organising, active participation and occasional leading of design reviews
Wood has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Ecologist to join our thriving and growing biodiversity team in London. The post represents an exciting opportunity to deliver biodiversity inputs into our expansive range of projects across the south of England.
The ideal candidate will have broad experience and knowledge of UK ecology including ecological survey, biodiversity legislation, policy and licensing procedures and ecological mitigation techniques (and their delivery and supervision). You will also have experience in preparing (and ideally reviewing reports and documentation to support consenting regimes.
As a Senior Ecologist within Wood, you will be working closely with other members of the team and colleagues in other technical disciplines, delivering ecological support on a variety of projects with opportunities to manage (or task manage) a range of exciting projects. This will include acting as project lead, designing, and leading surveys, conducting technical reporting and supporting on bid writing and mentoring in order to support the growth and development of the ecology team.
The role will include:
- Designing and conducting ecological surveys including protected species (including bats, reptiles, badgers, great crested newts, otter and water vole)
- Task managing/leading delivery of ecology survey requirements
- Conducting and/or managing extended Phase 1 and UK Habs surveys
- The production of reports and mapping including desk studies, baseline reports, mitigation strategies and supporting in EcIA delivery
- Supporting in the production of proposals and bids.
- Conducting and/or overseeing Ecological Clerk of Works
Why work for Wood?
Within the UK, Wood has one of the largest biodiversity, EIA and planning consultancy teams. Our UK biodiversity resource is made up of around 70 diverse and passionate specialists who take pride in delivering a wide range of high-quality ecological services on complex projects across a diverse range of sectors in UK and international markets, including low carbon and hydrogen, transport, renewables, nuclear, power, waste, minerals and property.
Working at Wood offers unique opportunities to develop both personally and professionally, with a strong focus on work-life balance and support for all colleagues within a friendly, close-knit team. Early career ecologists are fully supported through line management, a mentoring and buddy system, with opportunities to join a variety of working groups within the business. This allows our ecologists to shape a flexible and tailored career path within the business, with support from colleagues with a wide range of technical and non-technical expertise.
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting for a Senior Controls Engineer with extensive experience in the automation industry.
Ths role will provide complete controls hardware design as part of large automated systems or power distribution systems within cost and time scale constraints for diverse industries including Automotive, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical, Logistics and other general industry.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Developing functional design specifications
- Produce safety requirement specifications
- Production of well-organised electrical layout drawings, wiring schematics, cable plans and part lists
- Ensuring compliance with relevant standards
- Provision of support to site commissioning activities
- Provision of system training for end users
- Production of required Health and Safety documentation
- Liaise with Project Managers, Customer and sub-contractors during order installation / commissioning phases
- Liaise with purchase departments
- To maintain and use wherever possible, standard product information for the execution of orders
- Where necessary to develop special and new standard solutions to suit specific projects and new markets
- To innovate wherever possible to improve our delivered product to the end customer (e.g. reduced price, reduced time-scale, improved functionality
Wood is currently recruiting for Civil Supervisor with site based experience for a contract position in Sasolburg.
- Act as an Ambassador of the company in all aspects of HSEQS & IR.
- In conjunction with Contractor supervision undertake a daily HSE inspection of allocated areas.
- In conjunction with the HSES Officer, ensure construction contractors working within his discipline understand and adhere to HSES plan, safety instructions, site regulations and the permit to work procedure.
- Ensure that there is adequate contractor supervision on site to maintain proper levels of safety.
- Agree method statements, risk assessments and job safety analysis, and ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with these deliverables.
- Ensure that a risk assessment has been undertaken and agreed prior to commencement of any new type of work activity.
- Proactively undertake and promote the use of behavioural and incentivised HSE work programmes, and campaigns, e.g. ‘HEART’.
- Manage and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with colleagues, Contractor and Client personnel.
- Comply with Company and Client secrecy agreements, and compliance, pertinent to the Construction Site and associated activities
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to his/her particular discipline and area of work.
- In conjunction with the contractors’ supervision, planning engineers, and the Construction Engineer, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule.
- Inform the Site Manager on specific areas where the programme needs to be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and material deliveries.
- Continually review material and equipment deliveries and report discrepancies and/or shortages to the Site Manager and Material Controller.
- Routinely review the construction contractors’ scope within his area as detailed in drawings, specifications, requisitions and instructions, ensuring contractors proper interpretation and compliance with latest revision AFC issues.
- Ensure proper control of changes by assisting Field Engineer to issuing FI’s for all changes, reviewing TQ’s to ensure responses are appropriate and practical, review and action ARN’s to ensure correct use of construction resources.
- Ensure that contractors record all quality control checks, and that all quality documentation is available for inclusion in the handover dossiers. Ensure all quality control checks and tests are executed in accordance with the contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications.
- Witness, inspect and maintain surveillance checks on contractors work in accordance with the site quality plan requirements, and agreed ITP’s. Ensure that all inspection activities are recorded in the appropriate records.
- Carry out progressive punch listing to ensure that the works are completed to the fullest extent possible prior to acceptance.
- Responsible for monitoring the discipline and timekeeping of contractors’ staff and labour in a defined work area, identifying any disciplinary action required, and informing the Site Manager.
- Review contractors’ manpower, plant, equipment, and coordinate resource requirements with the Site Manager in a timely fashion to ensure a high level of productivity. Continually monitor the need for contractor overtime and obtain approval of the Site Manager when required.
- Ensure plant equipment certification is current and available at site with inspection and maintenance carried out in the prescribed manner.
- Inform the Site Manager of the availability of contractors plant and/or tools as they become surplus to his area requirements.
- Assist in maintaining proper security and safeguards Client property, equipment, tools and materials, ensuring, by good housekeeping that items are not left around the site with a risk of loss or damage.
- Assist the Site Manager in preparing all reports relative to the work progress in his area and attend progress meetings as and when required.
- Inform the construction contractors within his area of any changes, Client or site policy and ensure that any complaints or grievances are immediately advised to the Site Manager for action.
- Continually monitor the installation progress comparing planned and actual progress measures claimed by the Contractor. Inform Site Manager of shortfalls and anomalies.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Administration Assistant on part time basis (flexible - 2 days a week), providing administrative and clerical support to our North Killinghome's office.
Key responsibilities of the role will includes:
- Timesheet collation and entry to a high level of accuracy
- Comparison of hours recorded in timesheet database compared to TLOR gate report and investigation of any anomalies
- Undertake weekly manhours reconciliations between various system to ensure all hours have been captured and transferred for processing
- Arranging visitors and inductions
- Providing general admin support to the management team
- Booking holidays
- Report absences
- Liasing with client regarding queries
- Organise and replenish stationary and office supplies
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting a Fettler & Metal Finisher based at our Bedford office
You will be required to prepare cut or manufactured metal items for further operations and processes
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Fettling of parts using various tools including, but not limited to, linisher, angle grinder, orbital sander, hand files etc
- To smooth out or polish products to required specifications
- To carry out any other manufacturing duties suitable to the position
Wood is recruiting for SeniorProcess Engineer on a contract basis and maybe extend subject to the project needs.
This role will be based at Darlington and we are open for hybrid working option as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the process engineering requirements of our projects
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise
- Support internal development and continuous improvement activity as required
- Deliver process designs in FEED and EPC projects
- Demonstrate, provide, and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
- Ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets using sound technical knowledge and decision-making skills
- Take a proactive approach to personal & professional development
- Ensure Wood and Client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work
- Demonstrate an appreciation of commercial and technical risks, managing these appropriately within own work and highlighting any significant issues to relevant Lead Engineers and Process Managers
- Seek opportunities for department and project improvement and contribute to developing solutions
Wood is currently seeking expressions of interest for an EPCM Project Manager for future work.
Supportng the success of a large large brownfield EPCM project in the Middle East, the Project Manager wil be critical to ensuring the project meets its objectives.
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters.
- Negotiates changes to project scope or specification with the customer. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule and quality.
- Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalisation and technology use, workshare and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Establishes project procedures and leads production of project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc
- Regularly reports project progress to senior management and/or the customer.
- Reponsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, proactively intervening to avoid slippage
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
- Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Guides and directs a multidiscipline project team, which may include external specialists and involve staff from multiple offices and sites
- Responsible for ensuring project team members are competent to carry out assigned duties
- Promotes and sets up performance improvement culture and actions on complex projects and into their supply chains
Wood. are recruiting a TPE II / Instrument Engineer, to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well-established Instrumentation & Control Engineering department. This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood. projects.
- Responsible for field instrumentation and control system design of oil & gas upstream, downstream, refining, petrochemical design for FEED and detail design phases
- Participate in all instrumentation related aspects of overall control and safety design
- Participate in the engineering and design of a facility under the supervision of senior personnel, including heavy coordination with Process Engineering, Piping Design, and Mechanical Engineering groups for functional requirements of instruments
- The associate position will have the following duties that will be developed through training with oversight Awareness of the following responsibilities is required:
- Development of Instrument and Control portion of P&ID’s
- Creation and Management of the Instrument Index database
- Specification and selection of field instruments to meet performance criteria
- Instrument Sizing calculations (Control Valves, Relief Valves, Flow Elements, and thermowell vibration calculations)
- Specification, selection, and purchase of all Instrumentation
- Specification, selection and purchase of Process Control Systems and Safety systems
- Functional design of the Process Control Logic and Safety logic (defining requirements)
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards
Wood is currently recruiting for Site HSSE Manager
- Responsible for ensuring effectiveness of implementing HSSE Management system for the project construction sites.
- Ensure HSSE related legal and client HSSE requirements are observed and complied by all interested parties.
- Establish site HSSE plan, objective and target to achieve the highest safety performance of project site.
- Lead and engage all intersted partties to strive for safety in all activities.
- Fulfil the qualification, experience and competency required by local regulatory agency to act as the project HSSE representative programs during project execution
- Able to establish an effective HSSE system in accordance to the legal and other requirements (ISO, Wood and Client)
- Ensure that all construction contractors’ supervision and manpower are instructed in and comply with all aspects of the company Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and instructions and Client requirements
- Compile and submit monthly HSSE statistics and report to client and home office.
- Ensure site personnel are qualified and competent for tasks set, and understand their HSSE responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Civil / Structural Engineers.
- Preparing civil / structural engineering design calculations and documents e.g. specifications, requisitions
- Ensure that the quality of design calculations and drawings produced are in accordance with the Project Execution Plan, applicable Project Procedures and Standards, Safety and Quality Control
- Execute assigned work within the man - hour and cost budgets and project schedule targets
Wood has a collaborative maintenance contract with Ampol to deliver leading maintenance and project services to their Lytton Refinery.
We are currently sourcing an experienced Mechanical Projects Planner to join the Wood team at the Ampol Refinery based in Lytton, Brisbane - on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible to provide planning, scheduling and cost estimating support for the execution of capital projects at the Refinery, Terminal, Lubes Plant, Wharves and Pipelines.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those holding the required permit/VISA for this region.
- Prepare cost estimates for construction work as requested by Project Managers
- Prepare integrated short term construction schedules (1-3 months) for all capital projects, resource-levelled to make optimum use of the labour resource pool allocated to project construction work, considering the schedule targets for each project
- Prepare longer term construction plans for projects (3-12 months) for resource forecasting purposes
- Prepare Workpacks for project construction work as requested by Project Managers
- Collaborate with Maintenance and Turnaround Planners to share field labour resources where required and to level resources across the site in the most efficient manner for the whole site
- Update construction schedules weekly with actual progress, forecast to complete, and productivity achieved and issue to Project Managers for review
- Maintain a TQ Register to record queries from Supervisors and responses from Project Managers