Click column header to sort
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer to join our team in Aktau. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates in HAZOPS, SIL, Risk Assessments and other safety reviews
- Participates in Process Safety incident investigations related to discipline
- Promotes Process Safety and shares learnings from Process Safety incidents across the organization
- Provides advice on procedural and technical issues relating to immediate work area
- Contributes new ideas and identifies opportunities to improve work area goals and objectives
- Provides support in troubleshooting discipline related issues
- Supports maintenance in the Quality of Execution of maintenance activities such that Preventive Maintenance, Inspections and Corrective Maintenance job routines are executed in accordance with the agreed work management plans at World-class Standards, whilst effectively supporting controlling cost of Maintenance
- Identify spare parts required for reliable operation of the company facilities and raise Material Master requests for such
- Is responsible for some control aspects of the ORP phases (Identify, Assess, Select, Define, Execute)
- Undertakes tasks and projects of low complexity with limited supervision
- Supports the design, engineering, construction and commissioning of modifications and projects to appropriate technical and RoK standards
- Participate in integrated commissioning tests, check the handover and acceptance documentation, and approve drawings
- Support maintenance with Critical Major Rotating Equipment overhauls, by providing high level work scope, reviewing overhaul plans and detailed schedules provided by maintenance or a contractor, including materials and manpower
- Defines the scope of work for services related to Rotating Equipment projects, with guidance
- Ensures high quality critical as-built documents and drawings related to the discipline for assets and for all projects
- Develops effective working relationships with relevant disciplines and customers
- Acts as role model to promote strong service culture
- Acts as the Rotating Equipment focal point for site for appointed units with support from a TA2 coach
Wood is currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager to join our team in the Perth Office to support the Asia Pacific - Western Region, a region which encompasses a varied portfolio of contracts across various industries in Western Australia, Northern Territory and South East Asia.
Wood Asset Solutions (AS) delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas industry. The Wood AS team enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region’s most prominent Oil & Gas and LNG producers.
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, this diverse role will perform the full range of commercial activities from commercial inputs to proposals, preparation and negotiation of commercial pricing models, pre and post award contract reviews, contract administration and commercial close out activities.
- Promotes safe working practices within commercial function
- Implementation commercial strategy for the Business Unit within assigned project / sub business unit and ensures alignment of objectives to the business unit strategy.
- Manages and provides team members with general direction in commercial activities during the contract life cycle from input into tenders through contract delivery to contract commercial closeout
- Implementation of the Tender Governance Process within assigned project / sub business unit
- Governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework within assigned project / sub business unit
- Aline project / sub business units specific commercial requirements with WOOD commercial processes and procedures and communicate to relevant personnel
- Carry out commercial compliance review for assigned project / sub business unit
- Liaises with various internal customers with regards to commercial management, risk reviews, corporate reporting and contractual discussions
- Liaises with various external interfaces (Clients, Sub – Contractors, Suppliers) with regards to tendering, contractual discussions, progress meetings.
- Resource competent commercial personnel to assigned project / sub business unit
- Manages and supervises personnel development and training of designated commercial team
- Deliver Commercial Presentations to both internal and external stakeholders
- Negotiation of Terms and Conditions with clients and suppliers
- Enhance project delivery and avoid any risk or commercial exposure to WOOD
- Contribute directly to value creation and commercial gain to WOOD and Clients
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Lead Project Coordinator, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
The Lead Projects Coordinator major role will be to ensure all project materials are procured, sourced efficiently and expedite timely as such sufficient time given to execute the onshore fabrication works and timely available of offshore material during shutdown campaign and also the need to have material continuously available during the non - turn around campaign for both East & West asset.
The Lead Projects Coordinator should be able to fulfill various duties and responsibilities. They should be able to work closely with project managers to create comprehensive action plans & reports concerning Long Lead material, resources, budgets, and timeframes for projects. Lead Projects Coordinator perform various coordinating duties such as scheduling and risk management.
The success of managing these project materials will also require a constant engagement with the discipline engineer, SCM and the selected vendors. The position also responsible to have the overview activities involving materials needs according to specifications coordinating receiving procedures. The following are additional duties and responsibilities that a lead project coordinator should be able to do:
- Participate in project progress meetings and propose improvements if necessary
- Evaluate potential problems and technical hitches and develop solutions for Long Lead, bulk item & packages
- Plan and assist in project KPI, project schedules for on shore fabrication activities and offshore shutdown works
- Supervise current projects and coordinate all team members to keep workflow on track
- Manage project - related paperwork by ensuring all necessary materials tracked and report weekly
- Communicate with clients weekly to identify and define project requirements, scope, challenges and way - forward
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships with team members and clients
- Regularly review demand requirements and place materials orders for general stock items
- Resolve inventory issues involving count discrepancies
- Ensures scheduling plans in coordination with capacity limitations, material availability, volume workloads
- Strong organizational and multi - tasking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem - solving abilities
- Team - management and leadership skills
- Documentation management and ability to use project management tools
- Attention to details even under pressure
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
Wood is currently recruiting for a Subcontracts Specialist to join our team based at LNG Plant site, Port Moresby. This role works to provide support to the Site Construction team for all commercial matters in relation to post-award subcontract management, including:
- Commercial progress reviews and invoice management
- Contractual correspondence and associated registers, tracking and progress claims
- Change management including contract notices and variations
- Cross functional support to Project Controls and Finance teams
- Manage KPI regimes
- Regular status reporting of all post-award project subcontracts
- Implement and administer key Wood commercial and corporate policies (such as code of business conduct, supply chain policies, commercial policies)
- Any other commercial tasks as directed by the line manager or functional manager.
Wood is currently recruiting for 2x Mechanical Workshop Supervisors with extensive experience within an EPCM environment to join our team in Moro, Papua New Guinea on a Fly in Fly Out rotational schedule (28 days on /28 days off). Reporting directly to the Construction Coordinator, this position will be responsible for Maintenance, Servicing and Logistics of all Mobile Plant and Equipment. Previous experience in the Hides area in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Plans and coordinates the servicing and mechanical repairs of plant and equipment
- Maintain spares for plant and equipment as required
- Provides oversight to Plant and Machinery workshops, providing management of rolling stock repairs to project schedule requirements
- Plans and controls the logistics of Construction plant and material interface between site and head office
- Compliance with Wood Supply Chain procedures
- Timely logistical management of required plant and equipment to job sites
- Maintaining data integrity in materials tracking systems
- Provides oversight in the management of project fuels delivery and stock control
- Responsible for the safe execution of all works associated with Machinery Work Shops and Plant and Equipment in-field Logistics teams.
Wood is currently recruiting a Measurement, Allocation & Assurance Engineer to join the Measurement & Allocation team as part of Wood Flow Assurance.
The team is based in Sir Ian Wood House Aberdeen. Remote candidates will be considered, although routine office visits will be required.
The successful candidate will support the Measurement & Allocation team, playing a vital role in pursuing opportunities and expanding the team further.
The candidate will also be responsible for working co - operatively within a larger support team.
The importance of quality control, instrument precision and maintaining traceability to national and international standards is high and the successful candidate shall be experienced in evaluating measurement uncertainty.
The successful candidate will be able to work with different customers and support development of Measurement & Allocation systems for multiple projects.
General roles / Responsibilities / Capabilities:
Including but not limited to:
- Provide Technical and Engineering Support to Clients Assets.
- Maintenance Optimization.
- Reviewing and Updating procedures and work schedules.
- Spares equipment management.
- On Site Gap Analysis to Identify and details of Improvements
- Project management.
- Identifying improvement projects based on H&S, efficiency, cost benefits.
- Reviewing OEM project documentation (FDS etc.).
- FAT - attending and producing procedures and documentation.
- SAT - attending and producing procedures and documentation.
- Commissioning - attending and producing procedures and documentation.
- Asset Support.
- Ensuring adequate spares available.
- Reporting of metering - based progress.
- Supervision / Management of Metering Technicians
- Approval Requirements.
- Raising of Dispensations, Deviations and Mismeasurements on behalf of asset to regulatory Authorities or Asset Operators.
- Approval of Dispensations, Deviations and Mismeasurements on behalf of asset from pipeline entrants.
Due to an anicipated increase in work moving in 2021, Wood Transmission and Distribution are currently recruiting for a Project Manager with extensive experience in managing and delivering EHV Cable Projects.
You will have substantial experience of running multi-million-pound projects safely to time and to budget and experience of working on National Grid, SSE, SPEN & similar Cabling transmission and distribution operators.
Purpose of the Role:
- Support the Director of Cabling and Estimating Team in developing and delivering tenders with the ultimate aim of securing Cabling Works
- Deliver awarded contracts safely, to time and budget
- Assist the Director of Cabling in establishing Wood Group as a leading EHV cabling services provider.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and submission of the technical, installation and programme elements of cabling tenders and then for the successful delivery and completion of any awarded schemes. Reporting to the Head of Cabling informing the Head of any issues , concerns with the foregoing.
- Assist in the preparation of win plans for strategic bids and tenders.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all stages of an assigned projects to meet the key programme milestones. Provide support and preparation for the mobilisation of new projects.
- Accountable for the approval of the scope of works, the plan and estimate for each element of the project.
- Accountable for team consistency in the preparation and presentation of project controls to be deployed on the project, including but not limited to; PMP, QA/QC
- Plan, project programme, risk & change management, EVM analysis, internal budget control and cash flow throughout.
- Prioritising the assignment of project resources and resolving conflicting requirements to actively seeking to improve and optimise project delivery.
- Ensure that performance management ethos and practice is adopted by project delivery teams.
- Achieving a consistent high standard of project programming and producing monthly reports
- Ensuring the successful resolution of issues and challenges on individual projects as required. Providing guidance and leadership and when necessary acting in the role of trouble-shooter.
- Demonstrate effective individual and collective SHE leadership and promote enthusiastic SHE culture. Manage Safety through early development incorporating life cycle designs that minimise risk to personnel. Drive the “Safety by Design” philosophy through the project delivery process.
- To work within established Company policies and procedures to address breaches of the SHE policies or management systems where necessary.
- Ensuring that any lessons learned and innovation are applied internally within the Wood T&D business.
- Enforcing standards of quality and professionalism for each stage of the project cycle.
- Monitoring compliance with, and the monitoring of NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log, NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log with sub-contractors.
- Managing the Programme of Works, Quality Plan and Project Risk Register.
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos demonstrating safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
- In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO9001:2000 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the: Health and Safety policy, Quality Policy and Environmental Policy.
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy the needs of the role
Wood Transmission & Distribution have an urgent requirement for experienced Site/Setting Out Engineers to support our OHL and Underground HV Cabling projects in various locations across the UK.
Please get in touch if you feel you have the necessary skills and experience from working within the Construction Industry.
The Site/Setting Out Engineer will establish the level and survey control for the contracts and set out detailed works as per contract drawings and design department liaison, ensuring stringent checks are made on a regular basis.
- Responsible for co-ordinating Overhead Line and Cabling operatives and Sub-contractors, with a requirement to liaise with clients and third parties
- Responsible for the Setting People to Work Process including Onboarding and Site Inductions.
- Responsible for ensuring the Technical solution is delivered on site in line with Wood Engineering department requirements and management systems
- Day to day Health and Safety matters of staff and sub-contractors working under your control on projects.
- Setting to Work Processes and Management
- Adequate reporting of Safety incidents and “near misses” both internally and externally as required by the client.
- Understanding and interpretation of Engineering process and Designs for Construction
- As part of the Setting People to Work process assist the Site Manager in the checking of staff competencies and ensuring that the correct training has been given for any tasks undertaken.
- Assist with the production of all Method Statements, Work Instructions and Risk Assessments as required by Safety
- Regulations and / or client for the part of the project for which you are responsible.
- Plan and co-ordinate required resources (plant, materials and labour) to carry out required projects.
- To determine material requirements and liaise with Procurement in a timely manner to ensure all materials are available to complete the project requirements.
Wood Europe & Africa Downstream Oil & Gas Business are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with experience in oil, gas, petrochemical & renewable's projects.
This role will support projects on Teesside, and whilst we are flexible on location being local or within a commutable distance to Teesside would be advantageous.
- Lead the mechanical engineering aspects to deliver the project scope of work for the Client.
- Prepare material requisitions for a range of Static, Rotating and Package equipment.
- Occasionally develop calculations to support engineering solutions and checking of vendor calculations against design code and best practice.
- Lead Client discussion, building strong Client relations in ensure expectations are met.
- Execute assigned work in accordance with the applicable Project Procedures and Standards, including Wood plc and / or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man-hour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets.
- Management of workload and budgets across designated work scopes to ensure targets are achieved.
- Understand, review and comment on process design data to ensure appropriate equipment specification and selection.
- Review Suppliers’ quotations and prepare technical quotation evaluation. Work closely with the Procurement team to develop the best solution for our Clients.
- Review of vendor documentation requirements for use and integration within project
- Manage project documentation effectively, ensuring all disciplines receive the quality information at the right time.
- Rigorously review post order vendor documentation and take a lead in resolving technical issues across multiple disciplines – driving the technical solutions to completion.
- Correspond with the Vendor on technical matters and ensure that action is taken where necessary
- Provide technical support to Engineering studies such as design reviews, HAZOP, SIL, and Constructibility reviews.
- Drive post order activities to completion.
Wood está en búsqueda de un Geomensor (a) o Topográfo (a) para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Quinta Región (Quillota ConCon) consistente en Servicios de Inspección Técnica de Obras Ferroviarias
Wood está en búsqueda de un (a) Prevencionista de Riesgo un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Quinta Región (Quillota ConCon) consistente en Servicios de Inspección Técnica de Obras Ferroviarias
Wood está en búsqueda de un Inspector (a) de Terreno para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Quinta Región (Quillota ConCon) consistente en Servicios de Inspección Técnica de Obras Ferroviarias
Wood está en búsqueda de un Secretario (a) Técnico para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Quinta Región (Quillota ConCon) consistente en Servicios de Inspección Técnica de Obras Ferroviarias
Wood está en búsqueda de un Jefe de Oficina Técnica para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Quinta Región (Quillota Concón) consistente en Servicios de Inspección Técnica de Obras Ferroviarias.
Wood está en búsqueda de un Administrador (a) ITO para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Quinta Región (Quillota - Concón) consistente en Servicios de Inspección Técnica de Obras Ferroviarias
Wood is currently sourcing Expression of Interest candidates for various discipline Designer opportunities (Structural, Electrical, Mechanical and Piping) based in Hull, Teesside and Aberdeen.
Designer is responsible for the creation of CAD models and drawings along with other design deliverables to the required standards. They are required to contribute to, as well as, supporting the whole project and design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
- Primary responsibilities are the development and delivery of design drawings and documents relevant to meet customer requirements
- Detailed manufacturing data which may include fabrication and assembly drawings and files required to support CAD / CAM systems
- Preparation / production of CAD 3D models and drawings in support of all Design Cycle phases (Concept, Basic, Functional, Detail and Production Designs in line with recognized ISO and industry standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements
- Preparation / production of installation and fabrication drawings in line with recognized ISO and industry standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements
- Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews
- Develop innovative design solutions
- Provide solutions to fabrication, manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical Queries
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management
- Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs
Wood is looking for a Completions Delivery Manager to eventually be site based and who aspires to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution. Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility.
The greenfield project targeted to go into production in 2021 will produce Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate from a 2 train processing plant with a forecasted 40,000 per annum (Tpa) output. Further expansion plans into 2025 will see a total production of 100,000 tonnes per annum. The plant is to be constructed at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
Position Specifics and Deliverables
- Ensure completions (C1 & C2) planning, preparation and execution activities are delivered safely within scope and on schedule
- Provide leadership in the office and on site and take responsibility for the safe and controlled completions activities according to the plan
- Lead the completions team
- Work closely with the owners commissioning team to ensure alignment with the overall commissioning plan
- Interface with other functions and contractors to ensure all facets of the testing are covered
- Assign work and assist in the development of the pre-commissioning TCP’s (dossiers)
- Develop completions strategies for all aspects of the completions scope
- Interface with the Vendors supplying major process systems and equipment to ensure integration of all pre-commissioning checks
- Participate in off-site FATs
- Participate in on-site walk-downs to close out completion and status of punch list, prior to commencing pre-commissioning works
- Ensure accuracy of testing and reporting
- Giving clear direction on site, communicating the status of tasks
- Assessing the work performance of direct reports
- Complete the onsite pre-commissioning, punch listing, and hand-over
- Be pro-actively involved with HSEE on-site as a safety leader
Wood está en búsqueda de un Jefe Oficina Técnica para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Región Metropolitana consistente en Inspección Técnica de Obras Civiles.
Este profesional será responsable del control de documentos administrativos, programación y control de avance de la obra, y emisión de órdenes de cambio, entre otros. Además, estará a cargo del control de documentos técnicos, revisión de estados de pago, revisión de órdenes de cambio, emisión de informes diarios, semanales y mensuales, entre otros.
Wood está en búsqueda de un Jefe de Terreno para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Región Metropolitana consistente en Inspección Técnica de Obras Civiles.
Este profesional en su calidad de Jefe de Terreno será el responsable de coordinar las actividades
de los profesionales del equipo de inspección destacados en obra y se relacionará con la persona designada por el Contratista de Construcción.
Wood está en búsqueda de un Coordinador Oficina Técnica para un futuro proyecto de su línea de servicio Power and Process-Engineering (P&P) / Process and Energy (P&E) en la Región Metropolitana consistente en Inspección Técnica de Obras Civiles.