Wood has a fantastic opportunity for a PMC Project Manager to join ADNOC Onshore Project Management team in Abu Dhabi. This is an excellent leadership opportunity for an individual with the right experience, looking to take the next step in their career journey. The successful candidate would be responsible of the following;
- Develop and maintain effective working practices for the Wood project management team
- Provide, with full responsibility and accountability, leadership and excellence in the achievement of coordinating both technical and governance through the Stages of the Project
- Coordinated site supervision work, manage various contractors, and monitor progress of work
- Oversaw all critical developments of project master program, including establishment of milestones and phasing
- Ensured compliance with technical specifications and approving quality of main construction materials as per standards
- Implemented HSE and monitoring adherence to safety standards and satisfactory work practices
- Take full technical and commercial responsibility for execution of the contract in all matters covered within the terms of the contract (from initial contract review to project close-out)
- Identify and communicate project team objectives in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and corporate policy
- Organize the project team, define individual responsibilities and motivate team members towards successful achievement of specified project goals, particularly through regular project meetings
- Delegate work to the project team members in a manner that encourages individual responsibility
- Provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders during project execution to meet project objectives
- Oversee different contracting parties, owners, customers, government bodies and existing facilities in coordination
- Manage complicated issues among different project phases and the existing facilities
- Provide leadership and management for the PMT and EPC to ensure safe, cost effective and timely resolution of all interfaces
- Be exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments. Attend to and resolve conflicts, challenges and problems related to a large multi-cultural and multi-discipline technical workforce
- Review / Validate detailed design and Engineering Deliverables
- Participation in design review, 3D Model Reviews, Value Engineering, Risk Management workshops, constructability Reviews, PHSERs , IPR etc.
- Carryout Technical Evaluation of Bids, Issue Bid Technical Clarifications, Technical Evaluation Reports and Recommendations
Wood is currently looking to recruit for Services Co-Ordinator as part of the forthcoming Shell Shearwater TAR 2021
This role initially be as part of the FLOTEL from estimated dates of 23/02/21 - 27/04/21 before moving to TAR until completion in endo of June
Ideal candidates will have experience in a similiar offshore role
Wood Downstream Europe & Africa are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer to support on the delivery of an EPC framework contract on a large pharmaceutical site. You will be based on the client site at Ware, Hertfordshire.
- Fully responsible for the management of a portfolio of projects based at a client’s Pharmaceutical Plant
- Clients primary focal point for allocated projects from kick off to close out
- Experience of Projects from FEED to Construction/Commissioning & Closeout (Pharma experience strongly preferred)
- Responsible for the safe delivery of projects to budget and schedule
- Ensure good communication between engineering disciplines
- Maintain effective dialogue with other project engineers, Delivery Team leader, Engineering manager.
- Manage project changes effectively
- Ensure an effective risk management process is adopted
- Provide HSE leadership within sphere of influence
- Responsible for estimation of scopes at each stage of a project lifecycle
- Effective coordination of all elements of the project, with a hands-on, can-do attitude where necessary
- Good stakeholder management and client interfacing skills
- Ensure Roles, Responsibilities and Accountabilities are fully understood by the project team, including sub-contractors
- Development of relationships with internal and external customers and organisations
Wood are looking for a Senior Automation Engineer with a Degree in Automation Engineering, covering the role of Project Specialist Leader (PSL).
An Automation PSL in Wood works on managing and developing complex Automation & Instrumentation systems for the Project assigned to him. He reports to the Automation & Electrical Manager.
As an Automation PSL on a typical Project day you will:
- Lead the project Automation&Instrumentation design
- Lead design discussions and decisions
- Interface with customers during technical discussions
- Interface with PSL's of other disciplines
- Interface with Suppliers and especially with the Process Control System Integrator
- Delegate tasks to the members of your team
- Coordinate with the Project Team for project schedule, task status, and resource usage.
- Personally undertake instrumentation and automation engineering activities when needed, such as:
- Comment P&IDs and develop instrument databases
- Define Control Systems architecture and design
- Prepare the technical documentation for requests of bid
- Control the activities of the suppliers and comment their documentation
- Follow FAT's and commissioning activities on site if needed
Wood is looking for an Environmenta Engineer for Milan office.
- Preparation of Social and Environmental Impact Assessment studies
- GIS activities
- Preparation of IPPC forms
- Pollutants air dispersion modelling
- Environmental Consultancies services
- Sustainability plans
Wood is recruiting a Senior HSE Specialist
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to their Managers on all HSE related matters
- Rolling out of Group HSE annual objectives and initiatives and development of company HSE
- Providing support to Business Unit / Contract / Project Managers and HSE Advisors in the
development and roll-out of Group HSE objectives and other initiatives
- Providing support to senior Managers in incident and accident investigations through the use of
an appropriate Investigation process (e.g., Helix or Taproot)
- Monitoring ‘best-practice’ and developing ‘leading-edge’ HSE initiatives as appropriate to the
business they are supporting
- Completion of Management Support Visits to installations and worksites
- Providing support to senior Managers and HSE Advisors in the timely reporting of both leading
and lagging HSE Indicators
- Undertaking lagging indicator reviews of incident / accident trends and providing timely advice to
senior Managers and Corporate Management on actions and initiatives
- Providing mentorship and training for graduate / new recruits into the HSE team as appropriate
- Providing cross-Business Unit support as required
- Carrying-out HSE Inductions for New-starts
- Developing HSE presentational material to support inductions and Group initiatives
Wood (trading locally as PSNK) is currently looking for a System Administrator to join our team in Tengiz. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements.
- PCS / SIS Integrity for the project.
- Management of back up strategies across the project.
- Ensuring that windows, Honeywell patches and anti-virus definition files are up to date.
- Routine monitoring of network performance and diagnostics.
- Management of user accounts and appropriate access management assigned to project personnel.
- Management of removable media, routine scanning
- Ensuring standards are maintained and the integrity of the control system is maintained.
- Management of PCN network integrity.
- Liaising with TCO PCN Team.
- Formation of close relationship with TCO FGP and Base Business counterparts.
- Supporting Systems Completions Network Team where appropriate, providing additional support out with role as and when required
- Prioritization of tasks associated with scope of role.
- Progress reporting and expediting, attend site meetings and accurately represent role activities.
- Act as a technical focal point for PCN Network issues.
- Ensuring network access is managed appropriately.
- Co-ordination of activities with other stakeholders.
- Ensures adherence to Client’s Cyber Security Directive (CIRS).
- Liaise with other area team members and support as required.
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Engineer, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Coordinate the preparation of construction work packs for onshore procurement, fabrication, and offshore construction activities in line with rejuvenation campaign schedule requirements
- Perform Overview of Schedule preparation of job cards, construction drawings and documentation, materials requisitioning by liaising with engineering, operations, and support services as required
- Review design engineers' output for completeness and clarity of intent, liaise with discipline engineers / TAs for the development of work orders / packs, major / minor plant changes and repairs
- Maintain an overview of the campaign work pack status in the associated WMS systems and provide progress updates to the integrated planning engineer
- Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with the BSP and Amec Foster Wheeler standards and in line with industry standards and good engineering practices
- Responsible for the accuracy of job card estimations and obtaining agreement on additional norms requirements
- Support the development of construction aids and lifting designs, sketches and establish all multi - discipline data required to complete the work
- Support the adoption of a fit - for - purpose approach and seek design approval to ensure design intent is achieved
- Monitor and highlight in good time any constraints in work pack development, propose and recommend solutions
- Ensure Health & Safety Responsibilities are adhered to and understood, and review Task Risk Assessments and ISSOW PTWs for all work pack scopes
- Establish a relationship and liaise with operations focal points to ensure execution methodology is understood and aligned
Wood is looking for Junior Cost Engineer
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood HSE processes
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood Quality Assurance
systems and processes
- Study and improve understanding of assignment / project objectives, organization, and
- Assist in the development of Project budgets in accordance with approved cost estimates and
the assignment / project WBS
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project cost plans using appropriate software
- Assist in the monitoring and control of cost budgets, commitments, expenditures through all
phases of the project lifecycle
- Provide copies of project cost reports in accordance with project reporting requirements
- Monitor and report on cost impact of project manpower forecasts
- Assist in the development of project cost forecasts
- Assist in the project cost close - out process
- Attend project meetings as required
- General assistance to all members of the cost team
En Wood nos encontramos en la búsqueda de un Líder de Disciplina Mecánica. Las principales funciones son las siguientes:
- Revisar y gestionar toda la información relevante a la disciplina
- Aprobar los procedimientos y listas de verificación de los entregables de la disciplina de Mecánica (Reportes o Informes Técnicos)
- Trabajar con grupos de proyecto como asesor técnico especializado en diseños, procesos y métodos de ingeniería
- Formular programas, determinar objetivos e identificar problemas a ser investigados
- Preparar planes estratégicos a largo plazo
- Apoyar a las diferentes áreas en la absolución
- Asegurar que la información generada se haya diseñado de acuerdo a las especificaciones y/o estándares del proyecto, revisar y aprobar dicha información
- Elaborar propuestas
En Wood nos encontramos en la búsqueda de un Ingeniero Mecánico Senior. Las principales funciones son las siguientes:
- Revisar y gestionar toda la información relevante a la disciplina
- Apoyar a las diferentes áreas en la absolución de consultas para el desarrollo de la ingeniería en la disciplina correspondiente
- Asegurar que la información generada por el/los contratista(s) se haya diseñado de acuerdo a las especificaciones y/o estándares del proyecto, revisar y aprobar dicha información
En Wood nos encontramos en la búsqueda de un Ingeniero de Procesos Senior. Las principales funciones son las siguientes:
- Brindar asistencia técnica para el desarrollo de documentación de Procesos: diagramas de flujo, balances de masa, cálculos, filosofía de operación, P&ID, etc.
- Revisar y gestionar toda la información relevante a la disciplina
- Apoyar a las diferentes áreas en la absolución de consultas para el desarrollo de la ingeniería en la disciplina correspondiente
Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore Rotating Equipment Engineer with extensive experience in the offshore oil and gas industry, preferably in the Gulf of Mexico.
The position is to work offshore in Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis the normal working rotation 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off, but due to the COVID situation extended rotations are presently being worked.
The Rotating Equipment Specialist (RES) will be the subject matter expert for turbine and motor driven gas compressors and turbine driven generators. RES will lead troubleshooting and repair efforts for mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and PLC logic related systems for platform rotating equipment. Position requires strong experience on GE LM2500 gas turbines and Solar Mars gas turbines.
The Rotating Equipment Specialist is a senior member of the cross functional Maintenance team and works to ensure safe, reliable, and cost-effective operation and maintenance of all major rotating equipment.
This offshore position reports via the Maintenance Foreman to the Maintenance Manager.
- Directly support the Operations Team in fault diagnosis and root cause failure analysis of major rotating equipment problems using a systematic approach.
- Time will be equally split between mechanical systems, controls systems duties and include daily monitoring of equipment such as starting, stopping and making adjusting to optimize gas compression.
- Identifies declining performance and efficiency.
- Plans and performs routine repairs and maintenance activities on rotating equipment and associated control systems. Perform routine Level 1 inspections on GE LM2500 gas generator/PTG25 power turbines. Perform 6-month and annual inspections on Solar Mars 90 gas turbines. Experience in using borescopes is a must.
- Perform routine repairs and maintenance activities on electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and components according to manufacturers' recommendations and company requirements
- Interface with BHGE & Solar, Project Managers, Technical Support and Field Service Reps.
- Monitor, Review and recommend actions for OEM Service and Safety Bulletins.
- Recommends and assists in developing maintenance policies, routines, and frequencies.
- Develop maintenance procedures for major pieces of rotating equipment associated with routine repairs, as well as Turnarounds.
- Develop spare part strategy for new installations and oversee implementation. Also review spare part strategy for existing equipment as needed.
- Ensure system and control drawings are kept up to date and accurate
- Maintain rotating equipment logic programs and system files backups
- Liaise with equipment manufacturers to add/modify PLC logic in accordance with NEEG procedures and document such changes.
- Assist other personnel with equipment repairs and other duties assigned by Supervisor
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and personal hygiene
- Follow company requirements to execute equipment isolations for assigned tasks
#rz #ZR # wood18
Wood is recruiting an Offshore Construction Manager to join our team in Brunei on the BSP Facilities Rejuvenation Project. This project aims to rejuvenate 79 offshore platforms to ensure ongoing production for the next 25 years. Wood has many years of experience in carrying out such projects all over the world and it is our intention to bring our world class systems to this project.
The Offshore Construction Manager will be responsible to the Construction Manager and report into the Construction Lead for the day to day management of offshore construction resources during the execute phase of the project. He will deliver a high standard construction capability at project level, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times and will implement a continuous improvement philosophy throughout the onshore preparation and offshore during execution, delivering best practices at all times. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines such as, planning, engineering, Workpacking, procurement, and BSP operations.
He will be expected to work Offshore in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Wood is looking at a right first - time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Conversant with the project HSSE plan and implement the HS&E procedures to ensure that all Project HSE goals are achieved and where possible exceeded
- Demonstrate high profile and visible safety leadership by example and communication with both onshore and offshore construction teams
- Assess and verify that the drawings and specifications provide adequate instructions for the work and advise the Construction Lead of any deficiencies or clarifications needed
- Fully familiar with the proposed methods of construction, constructability practice, programming, and procedures and to resolve any apparent conflicts
- Responsible for e efficient execution of the offshore construction process by using open up the day and removing complexity, maximizing wrench time while minimizing non - productive time by implementing execution efficiency methodologies
- Ensure, before any work commences, that all items of material, equipment, scaffolding etc. required are available to avoid abortive and unproductive use of labor
- Ensure, before any variation work is carried out offshore that an authorized instruction is available complete with authorised job cards in line with the construction execution plan
- Ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections, and certifications are strictly adhered to and as-built procedure followed
- Provide technical assistance to the Construction Manager in the compilation of cost and progress reports
- Plan stability, ensure that Wood construction programmes are produced and monitored in accordance with the requirements of the contract execution plan
- Setting up performance management and review progress and monitor programmes, updating the latter when necessary in conjunction with the Construction Lead including correct timewriting and accurate reporting of plan vs actual
- Strive to obtain maximum productivity and economical use of labor and equipment in order to keep costs within budget
- Ensure that all Company systems of Quality Assurance are adhered to and lead the offshore quality team to complete all ITR’s and MC’s as per the project schedule.
- Responsible for Managing the day offshore, set expectations on galley times, rules for breaks, meeting control, overtime strategy, establish rota and shift patterns
- Ensure permit issuing efficiency, coordinate with operations tea for permit office opening times.
- Responsible for daily progress reports, calls and 3 week / 3 month look ahead
Wood is currently looking to recruit PMC Senior HSE Design Engineer to join the client team on ADNOC Gas Processing - Sales Gas Network FEED project. Successful candidate would responsible for below duties and responsibilities;
Supervises, coordinates and directs the Technical Safety discipline work in the preparation of technical reports, technical specifications, drawings and purchase requisitions
Performs safety engineering calculations, using MS Office or specialized software, e.g., risk and consequence calculations, calculations related to flaring and venting, hazardous area classification, firewater demand estimates
Reviews man-hour budget, schedule and project scope for the discipline portion of the work
Prepares Project Change Notices for submittal to the Project Engineering Manager for changes in the scope of work, delays or other reasons and assist in cost estimate of the change
Participates in design reviews (e.g., HAZID and HAZOP).
Prepare client reports / documentation on the project work conducted. This includes philosophies, analysis work, safety engineering calculations, design reviews Performance Standards and specifications. Prepares Formal Safety Assessment studies, prepares Safety Cases (if required)
- Coordinates with other Discipline Leads and Project Engineering Manager or Project Engineers to ensure a functional project
- Reviews drawings and documents of other Project disciplines at appropriate times to ensure that the drawings are in compliance with the requirements of the project. Conversely, ensures that discipline documents and drawings are submitted for review to other disciplines in time for them to react and feed-back comments before scheduled release dates
Wood is currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer in Craiova Romania
- Support for Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) projects from project design, implementation, production launch, to project closure.
- Provide daily CIM operation support to end users to ensure system availability.
- Involved in design, installation, and configuration of new and existing equipment automation together with equipment/process personnel.
- Provide hardware and software enhancement ideas or request to improve productivity or quality.
- Work together with other CIM and IT personnel on system launches and upgrades.
- Involved in new and existing production line expansion installation and support.
- Research of new technology or CIM applications to provide feedback to team for new enhancement.
- Continuous self-improvement
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed.
- Manage multiple technical projects targeting continuous improvement results in the areas of safety, quality, efficiency, delivery, and cost.
- Follow the direction of the project manager or other designated personnel.
- Review the project scope, proposals, job specification and resolve differences.
- Present constructive feedback to the person giving direction in a respective manner to achieve the best solution possible.
- Design and integrate control systems on new and existing equipment.
- Provide technical expertise and support on equipment, processes and methods aimed at sustaining or increasing output.
- Design, test, and validate systems (individually or as a member of a team).
- Work independently and with a team of CIM Engineers to assist in software development aspects of larger projects.
- Comply with and support the health, safety, and environmental programs, policies, procedures, and standards imposed by the company, customer and current legislation.
- Assist or lead in the development and implementation of applications
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow through with a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Deliver projects on time and with least cost for the defined scope and highest quality to our customers.
- Provide daily status notes on launch and during projects.
- Participate in training when made available.
- Make suggestions for improvements where possible.
- Respect work, safety, environment, and health standards imposed by the company, customer and current legislation.
- Local and international travel is required in this position.
Perform other duties as assigned
Wood is currently looking to hear from Material Controllers for various contract assignments during 2021
Candidates will be required to have similiar experience in an offshore role
Please register initial interest via link
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
Main Purpose of Role
- To coordinate and supervise engineering and design functions within a project / study context.
- Provide coaching and guidance to less experienced staff ( engineers and designers to increase technical competence, as well as knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Undertake Technical reviews/audits to ensure that designs are in accordance with project / study requirements and company objectives and are produced in a timely and cost effective manner
- Using technical knowledge and problem solving skills to assist senior and mechanical engineers with the designs on studies and medium /large projects.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the Wood Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Accountable that the quality and content of deliverables of the mechanical design discipline are in line with the needs of the customer and regulatory authorities and responsible for engineering content, discipline design drawings and technical documents within a project / study
- Responsible for production and/or review of engineering deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations etc and preparation of technical specifications, contract specifications, design criteria and other documents required by the project / study
- Input to capital estimates including quantity calculations and review and set man-hour budgets for engineering and drafting and recommend engagement of additional manning as required
- Monitor the progress and performance of project discipline teams. Give input and provide feedback and support where necessary
- Oversee and manage design scope changes
- Provide solutions to engineering problems
- Provide feedback to the Project Engineering Manager on design progress budget and schedule
- Reviewing and approving Supplier data
- Perform site inspections, functionality testing and commissioning documentation
- Provide technical support to the onsite construction teams, projects department and estimating department
- Analyse feedback from fabricators and construction personnel to improve performance
- Provide technical and commercial direction to engineers in relation to design quality, design schedules and design budgets
- Review feasibility studies documentation and estimates.
- Assist engineering management to assess the suitability of staff and identify the key resources for specific projects/studies
- Drive professional development of direct reports and other less experienced staff members
- Ensure designs produced are optimal in terms of maintainability, serviceability, equipment operating cost and safe operation
- Ensure design engineering standards are maintained and adhered to on projects
- Provide technical design guidance to Project staff on various aspects of design
- Review equipment tenders and produce technical adjudications /recommendations.
- Review vendor documentation for compliance with project / study specifications.
- Attend factory acceptance tests and provide input to vendor’s test documentation
- Assist with plant installation and commissionin
- Liaise with client to ensure that design is in accordance with agreed requirements.
- Conduct regular design group meetings within a project / study context
- Provide timely reports regarding all discussions held and progress made. Ensure all correspondence are recorded.
- Allocate work and provide assistance to discipline engineers and designers on projects / studies
- Input into progress reports, including listing achievements and highlighting issues as required.
- Work closely with other consultants and other disciplines and Project/Study Managers to ensure that client’s objectives are met in a timely manner.
Wood is currently looking for Senior Flow Assurance Engineers to work on the engineering and project management services in Al - Khobar office
- Hands - on transient thermal - hydraulic modeling / simulation work in the support of the design and operation of offshore facilities including wells, pipelines, risers, separations and pressure - boosting equipment using OLGA is essential
- Experience must include startup / shutdown / ramp up / ramp down / Slug catcher sizing. A minimum of four years solid OLGA experience on multiple projects is the basic requirement
- Hands - on steady state modeling experience using SPS, PIPESIM and HYSYS is essential
- Experience with fluid characterization and liquid surge analysis is required
- Experience with hydrate remediation and wax management is highly desirable
- Shall have experience in the oil / gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or infrastructure industries and is recognized as a specialist in a specific engineering field on large to mega projects
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
- Prepare and review engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications
- Provide guidance to the project / Design & Engineering work
- Resolve Engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
- To provide and support engineering activities to Conceptual / FEED / Detailed Design projects
- Finalize all discipline deliverables for assigned project / projects
- Planning and scheduling of discipline deliverables and activities including man - hour estimation when requested, requesting personnel as identified by the plan, and supervision of discipline personnel on the Projects
- Review the Basis of Design (BOD) & Project Execution Plan (PEP) as well as all Client provided data for assigned projects
- Coordination with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the deliverables and ensuring those other disciplines’ inputs are incorporated for the assigned projects
- Ensure the submission of all drawings requiring squad check to the respective discipline / disciplines
- Day to day coordination with Lead Engineer for smooth progress of development of project Deliverables
- Prepare enquiry requisitions
- Evaluate bids & prepares technical bid evaluations & provides input to joint purchase recommendation
- Prepare bid clarification questions and handles responses, and coordinates / chairs technical aspects of bid clarification meetings
- Update datasheets and specifications for purchase
- Review all vendor data, solicits specific input from affected disciplines, and returns comments on ‘coded’ documents within the allocated timeframe
- Report on work status / problem areas / needs on a weekly basis
- Familiar with quality control systems in engineering design
Due to continuing success in the offshore wind sector, Wood is seeking a talented offshore wind EIA/DCO project manager/director to join its growing offshore wind team based in London, Reading or Glasgow.
Wood’s unrivalled market position is built on our ability to deliver end to end solutions from site selection and consenting, through to design and delivery. We support our clients throughout the entire project life cycle and in doing so act as trusted partner. As a result, we have an extensive portfolio of projects and opportunities worldwide. This in turn means that we can offer exciting and varied career opportunities in the offshore renewables and wider energy transition space.
We pride ourselves in combining our industry wide DCO experience, digital EIA approach and in-depth knowledge of the wind sector to deliver cost effective solutions for our clients. Our team has a proven track record of delivering consents for high profile offshore wind projects and we are now in a position to expand the team to enable continued success in this exciting market. Given the industry activity, it is likely that this role will evolve over time, from an offshore wind project manager to a project director/ strategic lead position on a portfolio of projects. The individual responsibilities of these stages are provided below:
- Main client contact for an offshore wind project;
- Lead multidisciplinary team to deliver the EIA and all its associated deliverables;
- Manage and maintain the multi-million pound project consenting budget, risk register and schedule and issue periodic progress reports;
- Escalate key risks, decisions and issues to the client and senior management and ensure key decisions are integrated back into the project;
- Responsible for the quality of the EIA deliverables ensuring consistency between on and offshore elements and that overall project aspects are considered appropriately;
- Interface with the wider project stakeholders including the client’s engineering team (project envelope, design and mitigation), planners, consultation leads (materials, event attendance), lawyers (DCO requirements) etc; and
- Represent the project to key stakeholders, regulators and industry as required.
Project Director/ Strategic Lead:
- Build the pipeline of offshore wind work by developing existing contacts and building new industry contacts;
- Project Director for a portfolio of projects comprising direction to the EIA team, accountability for all deliverables, providing EIA and wider DCO strategic advice and troubleshooting to the Project, senior client and stakeholder representative;
- Grow, manage and lead the offshore wind team and support strategic leadership of the wider EIA team;
- Key client relationship manager for a key client account and bid sponsor on select wider strategic bids outside offshore wind; and
- Promote the Wood brand to the offshore wind industry and support development of the ‘One Wood’ offer internally.
Given the scale, reach and depth of Wood, there are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across Wood’s wider business.